Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

On the Sauce Mock Draft

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Round One Pick #3). Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati, 6-3 190 33 1/2" arms 9 5/8" hands
#1 CB in the 2022 Draft. Electric movement skills, with wingspan, change of direction on a dime, never looks off balance or out of play, elite recovery ability and ballhawk.
Round One Pick #13). DeVonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia, 6-3 304 32 5/8" arms 9 7/8" hands
#1 DT in the 2022 Draft. Every down, interior linemen equally solid in both run stopping and pass rushing with excellent first step, use of hands and high motor.
Round Two Pick #37). Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State, 5-11 217 31 1/4" arms 9 3/4" hands
#1 RB in the 2022 Draft. All around multi-faceted back can pound it between the tackles, break it outside or receive out of backfield and take it to the house. Family pedigree (Roger Craig).
Round Three Pick #68). Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia, 6-3 321 33 5/8" arms 10" hands
Big ugly, tough, excellent in pass pro from interior lineman. Has versatility, played all five positions on the OL in the SEC.
Round Three Pick #80). Carson Strong, QB, Nevada, 6-3 226 32" arms 9 1/8" hands
Plus arm both accuracy and strength. Developmental back-up behind Mills who is capable to fill in if needed. Highest value position, brings stability and future draft stock.
Round Four Pick #107). Tycen Anderson, S, Toledo, 6-2 209 33" arms 10 1/8" hands
Center fielder with closing burst and big striking ability. Developmental for sure, but traits intriguing giving Lovie options in two high safety and 3rd safety/LB coverages.
Round Four Pick #108). Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama, 6-2 225 314 7/8 arms 9 3/4" hands
Power Back to share load with Hall. He also has some kick-off return experience. Buried on depth chart, great value and addresses depth @ RB for Texans.
Round Six Pick #183). JoJo Damann, Hybrid LB, Nebraska, 6-1 228 30 3/8" arms 9 1/" arms
Tough as nails utility LB/Safety, can handle nickel duties, strong run support and special teams unit.
Round Six Pick #205). Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers, 5-11 189 31 1/4" arms 9" hands
Intrigued with under radar receivers coming out of run first offenses with untapped potential. Raised eyebrows @ the Combine running 4.34 with 38" vert. Top WR two years and returner/rb.
Round Six Pick #207). Chig Okonkwo, TE, Maryland, 6-2 1/2" 238 32 3/4" arms 9 3/4" arms
Terrific upside and athlete, medicals need to check out but ran a 4.53 forty and 35" vert. silky smooth in transitions.
Round Seven Pick #245). Ben Brown, C, Mississippi, 6-5 312 arms 34 3/8" hands 10 1/4"
Good size/length to develop has guard flexibility, 3rd on depth chart covering both positions with chance to elevate.

Round One Pick #3). Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati, 6-3 190 33 1/2" arms 9 5/8" hands
#1 CB in the 2022 Draft. Electric movement skills, with wingspan, change of direction on a dime, never looks off balance or out of play, elite recovery ability and ballhawk.
Round One Pick #13). DeVonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia, 6-3 304 32 5/8" arms 9 7/8" hands
#1 DT in the 2022 Draft. Every down, interior linemen equally solid in both run stopping and pass rushing with excellent first step, use of hands and high motor.
Round Two Pick #37). Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State, 5-11 217 31 1/4" arms 9 3/4" hands
#1 RB in the 2022 Draft. All around multi-faceted back can pound it between the tackles, break it outside or receive out of backfield and take it to the house. Family pedigree (Roger Craig).
Round Three Pick #68). Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia, 6-3 321 33 5/8" arms 10" hands
Big ugly, tough, excellent in pass pro from interior lineman. Has versatility, played all five positions on the OL in the SEC.
Plus arm both accuracy and strength. Developmental back-up behind Mills who is capable to fill in if needed. Highest value position, brings stability and future draft stock.
Round Four Pick #107). Tycen Anderson, S, Toledo, 6-2 209 33" arms 10 1/8" hands
Center fielder with closing burst and big striking ability. Developmental for sure, but traits intriguing giving Lovie options in two high safety and 3rd safety/LB coverages.
Round Four Pick #108). Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama, 6-2 225 314 7/8 arms 9 3/4" hands
Power Back to share load with Hall. He also has some kick-off return experience. Buried on depth chart, great value and addresses depth @ RB for Texans.
Round Six Pick #183). JoJo Damann, Hybrid LB, Nebraska, 6-1 228 30 3/8" arms 9 1/" arms
Tough as nails utility LB/Safety, can handle nickel duties, strong run support and special teams unit.
Intrigued with under radar receivers coming out of run first offenses with untapped potential. Raised eyebrows @ the Combine running 4.34 with 38" vert. Top WR two years and returner/rb.
Round Six Pick #207). Chig Okonkwo, TE, Maryland, 6-2 1/2" 238 32 3/4" arms 9 3/4" arms
Terrific upside and athlete, medicals need to check out but ran a 4.53 forty and 35" vert. silky smooth in transitions.
Round Seven Pick #245). Ben Brown, C, Mississippi, 6-5 312 arms 34 3/8" hands 10 1/4"
Good size/length to develop has guard flexibility, 3rd on depth chart covering both positions with chance to elevate.

Some of you guys are getting pretty good at these!

No surprise to me, this is a strong mock.

Gardner- If the Texans pass on Hamilton, I hope Gardner is the pick. Good IQ, looks good on film, and has the testing metrics to suggest the jump to the NFL won't be too much to handle.

Wyatt- Another fine pick. I prefer Davis here, but there is nothing wrong with Wyatt in this slot.

Hall- Yet another Day 1 starter. One of the only true #1 backs available in the draft. My only concern is he's seen a lot of carries... but RBs are injury crapshoots anyway, so I'm happy to roll the dice here. I don't know if he is a particularly creative runner, but there is nothing wrong with a guy who just gets the job done.

Salyer- yep, another early starter. No qualms here.

Strong- this is the first pick I'm somewhat iffy on. Nothing against Strong, but I don't see the point in a mid-round QB this year (or next year). Mills is your young project QB- the backup should be a veteran who can step in if need be.

Anderson- Such an interesting player; he's a heck of an athlete, but I think he's going to need time to be a reliable starter in the NFL, as I don't think he looks quite comfortable playing in space yet.

Robinson- Nothing against Robinson, but I think the beauty of taking Hall is that you don't need to double up on backs here.

Domann- I love the player, I just don't know what to do with him. His attitude and play style is phenomenal, but he is small for a LB and lacks the explosiveness on tape I want to see in DBs. He's also going to be an older rookie, I believe. He'd be a heck of a STer, wouldn't surprise me to see him "star" there.

Melton- Definitely faster than I thought he was. He's an interesting player this late, nothing to complain about.

Okonwo- Great athlete, but he's shorter than I'd like to see from a TE. If he had protoypical size, though, he's probably long gone.

Brown- I don't know anything about him.

Gardner- If the Texans pass on Hamilton, I hope Gardner is the pick. Good IQ, looks good on film, and has the testing metrics to suggest the jump to the NFL won't be too much to handle.

Wyatt- Another fine pick. I prefer Davis here, but there is nothing wrong with Wyatt in this slot.

Hall- Yet another Day 1 starter. One of the only true #1 backs available in the draft. My only concern is he's seen a lot of carries... but RBs are injury crapshoots anyway, so I'm happy to roll the dice here. I don't know if he is a particularly creative runner, but there is nothing wrong with a guy who just gets the job done.

Strong- this is the first pick I'm somewhat iffy on. Nothing against Strong, but I don't see the point in a mid-round QB this year (or next year). Mills is your young project QB- the backup should be a veteran who can step in if need be.

Anderson- Such an interesting player; he's a heck of an athlete, but I think he's going to need time to be a reliable starter in the NFL, as I don't think he looks quite comfortable playing in space yet.

Robinson- Nothing against Robinson, but I think the beauty of taking Hall is that you don't need to double up on backs here.

Domann- I love the player, I just don't know what to do with him. His attitude and play style is phenomenal, but he is small for a LB and lacks the explosiveness on tape I want to see in DBs. He's also going to be an older rookie, I believe. He'd be a heck of a STer, wouldn't surprise me to see him "star" there.

Melton- Definitely faster than I thought he was. He's an interesting player this late, nothing to complain about.

Okonwo- Great athlete, but he's shorter than I'd like to see from a TE. If he had protoypical size, though, he's probably long gone.

Agree 100% on the veteran.
Red Rifle anyone? I reckon he would be a good mentor for Mills.

I'm a BIG fan of #13. So much so I would take him ahead of Jordan Davis.

Last edited:

Seems like ions ago we teamed together, the branch doesn’t fall to far from the tree. Appreciate the kind words more than you will ever know.

Realize the Strong pick would be debatable. Maybe it’s just a part of me, that will always be damaged, starting with Carr….. extending to Schwab, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Osweiler, to the one franchise QB who dumped on an entire city and organization. Was big proponent of Caserio selecting Mills early in the third round. He was thrust into the fire because of another veteran QB failure, pulled out then thrown back in, in the process developed potential to be the franchise QB. Key word potential-

We live in a different world now, QB money is half of what the whole cap space use to be less than 10 years ago. These rookie QB’s give franchise a window to compete. Strong has starter potential just as much as Mills. Let them compete & push each other to their potential on the cheap, build around them with solid foundation and playmakers. Would give you flexibility, better starting quality and depth. I’m done with clip board holders/mentors those should be your OC Pep and QB coach Ted White.

Specifically, Carson Strong also has a plus arm and they don’t have to change system or play calls. He has far more tape than Mills had. Three years, 852 completions to 1251 attempts that’s 68% for 9,368 yards, 7.5 per pass avg. 74 TD vs 18 INT’s. Passer rating of 147.5

Sauce- love this pick

Wyat- I like Davis more, but if he's not there at #13 then give me w Wyatt.

Hall- A fine RB, I wouldn't pick a RB this high in this draft.

Salyer- love this pick and hope he's there.

Strong- I wouldn't pick a QB this high in the draft, but if I did, the pick would be Strong. If his knee holds up some team is going to get a steal.

Anderson- Don't know much about him. He does look like a good athlete.

Robinson- This is where I start looking at RB's, Robinson would be a great choice.

Doman- you can never have to many coverage LB's. Great pick this late in the draft.

Melton- would be a steal this late in the draft

Okonkwu- fastest TE in the draft. Good receiver too. Need to find a TE that can block too. Unless you believe in the Pharaoh.

Brown don't know much about him. But he's a big dude with the measurables. Played on a good ol al Mississippi.

I’m not saying Strong is mirror image of Mills but it’s close.
Strong looks more physically gifted to me. Bigger, stronger, & to me a more natural thrower.

Mills looked more polish, more comfortable working from under Center.

I was very surprised with Mills' poise & aptitude. If Nick were to draft strong, hopefully he won't be thrown to the wolves & truly prepare for his first game.

I'm warming up to taking Strong in the 3rd

Strong looks more physically gifted to me. Bigger, stronger, & to me a more natural thrower.

Mills looked more polish, more comfortable working from under Center.

I was very surprised with Mills' poise & aptitude. If Nick were to draft strong, hopefully he won't be thrown to the wolves & truly prepare for his first game.

I'm warming up to taking Strong in the 3rd

Its a copycat league. Right now teams throwing millions of cap space @ QB position, which limits roster building, something that allows Texans flexibility over competitors. If teams don’t hit in rookie window, you dump or acquire more picks trading off valuable assets, see KC.

It’s been three weeks and less than three weeks to go. Will do one more mock draft before 2022 Draft begins but still on the Sauce with #3 pick overall, that hasn’t changed. Talk about his elite physical attributes and how well he tested plus game film, but now into character and mental make-up to be NFL Shutdown CB1.

He has Richard Sherman like ability to understand concepts and recognize coverages. He studies his opponents and lives in the film room breaking down tendencies and weak points. He seems to really enjoy the process and that’s what ultimately will define his game and will make him the transcending talent he can be. I’m not sure how he will handle giving up his first touchdown, no experience of that happening in College but you know it will happen in the NFL.

I love Sauce but in Lovies style of D I am leery of any corner at 3. Give me Ekwonu.

would perfectly understand taking a road grading RG/RT in Ekwonu. My personal opinion, does not reflect Texans war room, in any regime. Just see future best cornerback in the NFL in Sauce and don’t want to look back thinking I sold my pick just to be right or fall in line with consensus.

I love Sauce but in Lovies style of D I am leery of any corner at 3. Give me Ekwonu.
Ahmad Gardner excellent in any defensive package, is best player in draft as will not have to play an alternate position at first in NFL as will Neal or Ekwonu. I really like the latter and have been vocal supporter; however I do not see Ickey as a tackle. I am not opposed to taking him at Pick 3 as I see him as being a possible all pro left guard but with where we are we can get a possible All-Pro guard in either Zion Johnson or Texas A&M's green & utilize 3 elsewhere.

This may seem small, but it's really not, Sauce would love to play anywhere for anyone, including Lovie Smith and the Texans. This type of corner doesn't come around often or have the opportunity to grab one. Tackles come and go every draft. LT is a premier position RT is not. Tackles are drafted early not because they're great players but to safe keep these mega million-dollar franchise QB's. Texans have a really good LT in Tunsil, they could take a really good RT too but see no reason to spend the 3rd overall pick one, that's not smart positional value. Edge is the other option, Hutch would be great, not transitional player like Sauce, but similar great teammate and high effort player. We had one of those once, but he asked to be released and ownership obliged. Kayvon, hate to say it, is a mercenary type of player who will be a difficult resign and one of those highly sought-after free agents chasing fame and glory. Trevon Walker is a player of interest that Lovie might prefer to mold into all everything inside outside defensive end? we had a couple of those didn't we, both taken with the first overall pick. No we take our sauce and we spread it over the whole team, he will be infectious wherever he winds up.

Sauce is good, Williams is a risk - tore his ACL in the national title game in January.
Acl's at that age is nothing in today medical world. Willis McGehee did the same years ago and had a good career. The Rams rb came back from an achilles and played in the sb. Williams production and upside is so incredible I wouldn't pass it if he's there at 13. He's a td waiting to happen and he's a really precise route runner who creates separation. You pass on him and he appears in the division or in the conference and provides another hurdle

Acl's at that age is nothing in today medical world. Willis McGehee did the same years ago and had a good career. The Rams rb came back from an achilles and played in the sb. Williams production and upside is so incredible I wouldn't pass it if he's there at 13. He's a td waiting to happen and he's a really precise route runner who creates separation. You pass on him and he appears in the division or in the conference and provides another hurdle
Still a risk - many players have also suffered ACLs and never been quite the same.
Taking a player just to prevent him (possibly) being in your division is silly. For example, what if he doesn't fit your scheme. Not to mention you have no idea if division rivals will take him and you can't take everyone

Round One Pick #3). Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati, 6-3 190 arm length 33 1/2" 9 5/8" hands
Heard recently Sauce is on the Detroit plate but sticking with Gardner as first to post such here on March 22nd. Texans have never had elite "pay me rick" CB.
Round One Pick #13). Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College, 6-3 316 arm length 34" 10 5/8" hands
#1 IOL in the 2022 Draft. Four, some say he could play five positions. Very polished, quick/strong in both pass pro and run blocking.
Wyatt has dropped and Zion has risen. With so many question marks on this offensive line, why not select the most versatile and see where Warhop goes with him?
Round Two Pick #37). DeVonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia, 6-3 304 arm length 32 5/8" 9 7/8" hands
#2 DT in the 2022 Draft (after Jordan Davis) Three Down Interior lineman solid in all facets, high motor, explosive out of stance, competes through the whistle.
Generally, stay away from value picks, but if he falls this far, he's been mispriced. Gives Lovie interior pass presence and top talent to fit in his scheme.
Round Three Pick #68). Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota, 6-8 387 35 1/8" arm length 11" hands
Mammoth RT who dwarfs Evan Neal but has similar smooth movement skills, just a great block to mold into something dominant for Texans on the right side in 3rd rd.
Round Three Pick #80). Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati, 6-3 213 arm length 33" 9" hands
Has solid tape, blew up at the combine running 4.41 with 40.5" vertical comparable to Christian Watson a full round later, better value.
Round Four Pick #107). Jeremy Kolar, TE, Iowa State, 6-6 260 arm length 34 1/2" hands 10"
Elevated TE position, Excellent production both on and off the field. Winner of William V. Campbell Trophy, which is also known as the Academic Heisman.
Round Four Pick #108). Zamir White, RB, Georgia, 6-0 215 arm length 31 1/2" 8 1/2" hands
Explosive in the hole power back, ability to take it to the house on any play, excellent in pass pro and decent catching, ran 4.4 and shows on tape.
Round Six Pick #183). Verone McKinley, FS, Oregon, 5-11 194 arm length 30 5/8" hands 9 1/8"
New breed of safety/nickle cb, position in vogue as teams convert more and more to two high safeties. Good instincts and production.
Round Six Pick #205). David Anenih, Edge, Houston, 6-2 251 arm length 34 3/8" hands 9 1/2"
Naturally gifted ran 4.66 40 vertical jump 37.5 inches and benched well 25 reps. Shrine Bowl standout.
Round Six Pick #207). Bubba Bolden, SS, Miami, 6-3 204 arm length 31 3/8" 9" hands
Apologize to Hamilton fans, Bubba is no Hamilton, but he has great size and intangibles regardless. Ran his 40 4.47. Back-up safety and special teams.
Round Seven Pick #245). Vederian Lowe, OT, Illinois, 6-6 320 arm length 34 7/8" arms 10 1/8"
Developmental tackle who played for Lovie @ Illinois, has pro measurable's, get him into camp and see if he can crack the 53 man roster?

Updated April 16th 2022

Updated April 16th 2022

Why do you think Wyatt would be there at 37? Every report i’ve read only has him going up the board and LZ’s latest mock has him going to Texans at 13 where you originally had him.

Love Zion at 13 and think his stock is going to settle into that range. Agree with position and value on most of other picks though I think only room for one more OT specific selection between Faalele and Lowe (unless you think Howard or Heck get moved).

Big fan of Anenih in 6 and Charlie Kolar/Zamir White 4th round combo!

Updated Sauce Mock Positions

3 DB - CB Sauce Gardner, FS Verona McKinley, S Bubba Bolden
3 OL - OG Zion Johnson, OT Daniel Faalele, OT Vederian Lowe
1 DL - DT DeVonte Wyatt
1 WR - WR Alec Pierce
1 TE - Jeremy Kolar
1 RB - Zamir White
1 Edge - David Anenih (sleeper pick, Houston Cougars)

Why do you think Wyatt would be there at 37? Every report i’ve read only has him going up the board and LZ’s latest mock has him going to Texans at 13 where you originally had him.

For some reason Wyatt stock has been falling. For one, Jordan Davis has sucked all the oxygen out of the tackle class, after him teams think they can address position in 2nd rd. like last year (see Christian Barmore to Patriots pick #38).

The other thing, I didn’t want to mention, big deal to some teams, not all, is background check into kicking down door to a females dorm room. Charges later dropped but for whatever reason he lost composure in the moment. Not sure if Texans are one of those teams who take him off their board but could certainly be contributing factor to his fall.

Love Zion at 13 and think his stock is going to settle into that range. Agree with position and value on most of other picks though I think only room for one more OT specific selection between Faalele and Lowe (unless you think Howard or Heck get moved).

Zion can plug and play so many, at least four, positions Warhop could construct his ideal lineup with existing players on roster. Hoping Zion plays LG next to Tunsil and locks down that left side. Faalele can compete with Howard @ RT, loser kicks inside to RG. Heck is you swing unless Lovies Illinois Tackle beats him out? This creates more talent, flexibility and hopefully continuity with new OL coach Warhop.

Big fan of Anenih in 6 and Charlie Kolar/Zamir White 4th round combo!

Texans need to groom and develop the future LT replacement for Laremy Tunsil well as better depth in case of injury. TE class has been difficult to evaluate, Kolar could develop into one of the best all around TE’s in this class after McBride. White is a home run threat. Downhill, under utilized back off that loaded Georgia roster, not just defense. Really good in pass protection as well. My favorite value RB in class, hope he’s still on the board?

I’ve known about this for awhile, happened year ago but timing unfair to DeVonte.
Teams Dropping Wyatt From Boards Over Repeated Domestic Violence

Updated April 14, 2022
@draftcampbell.

Back at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, WalterFootball.com reported there were serious character concerns that were hurting Georgia defensive tackle Devonte Wyatt with pro teams. Wyatt put together an excellent combine workout, many began projecting him to the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. Multiple NFL teams told WalterFootball.com since that they have dropped Wyatt off their boards because of repeated incidents of domestic violence.

In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.

"He's off our board," said an AFC general manager whose team needs defensive tackle help. "If teams are okay with the character, I think he goes between No. 21-32. He has a lot of red flags."

An NFC director of player personnel from a team that needs defensive tackle help as well said Wyatt was off their board because of the domestic violence issues. Surprisingly, Wyatt was not suspended or kicked off the team at Georgia by head coach Kirby Smart despite the incidents. Many teams are digging into the issues, while Wyatt has taken pre-draft visits with the Vikings, Packers, Chiefs, Eagles, Jets and Raiders.

While Wyatt has been a rising prospect after the 2021 season and workouts, the domestic violence issue has some teams dropping Wyatt off their board. If he slides in the 2022 NFL Draft, the character problem will be the reason why.​

I’ve known about this for awhile, happened year ago but timing unfair to DeVonte.
Teams Dropping Wyatt From Boards Over Repeated Domestic Violence

Updated April 14, 2022
@draftcampbell.

Back at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, WalterFootball.com reported there were serious character concerns that were hurting Georgia defensive tackle Devonte Wyatt with pro teams. Wyatt put together an excellent combine workout, many began projecting him to the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. Multiple NFL teams told WalterFootball.com since that they have dropped Wyatt off their boards because of repeated incidents of domestic violence.

In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.

"He's off our board," said an AFC general manager whose team needs defensive tackle help. "If teams are okay with the character, I think he goes between No. 21-32. He has a lot of red flags."

An NFC director of player personnel from a team that needs defensive tackle help as well said Wyatt was off their board because of the domestic violence issues. Surprisingly, Wyatt was not suspended or kicked off the team at Georgia by head coach Kirby Smart despite the incidents. Many teams are digging into the issues, while Wyatt has taken pre-draft visits with the Vikings, Packers, Chiefs, Eagles, Jets and Raiders.

While Wyatt has been a rising prospect after the 2021 season and workouts, the domestic violence issue has some teams dropping Wyatt off their board. If he slides in the 2022 NFL Draft, the character problem will be the reason why.​

Wow. Looks like he’ll be a Brown, Bengal or Chief!

Wow. Looks like he’ll be a Brown, Bengal or Chief!

Teams have asked him about it during interviews. He has apologized and is remorseful for his actions. From everything I’ve heard him speak about it, he’s changed young man, whether teams believe him or not I do, hence would still take him but at lower cost then let him continue to prove me right. But hey, you asked to know why, certainly Lance like myself off his season, Senior Bowl and Combine only looked at on the field player. Medicals and background verification generally come later. If I knew about it before, sure he did as well, thinking issue had been resolved of chargers but Media and some teams may throw stuff out there to see if it sticks, whatever end game seeking.

Reactions: JB
Pretty insane sim….. Sauce & Wilson. Just think one early addition to OL needed.
Muma is probably a 3-4 Edge or WILL LB, tackling, coverage and production really good. Salyer is your interior protector. Nick Cross is another Lovie guy. RB Pierce is explosive between the tackle power runner too, Ruckert is solid, solid TE and Sanders just needs to sharpen his tool box.

Last edited:
Pretty insane sim….. Sauce & Wilson. Just think one early addition to OL needed.
Muma is probably a 3-4 Edge, his bend and production really good. Salyer is your interior protector. Nick Cross is another Lovie guy. RB Pierce is explosive between the tackle power runner too, Ruckert is solid, solid TE and Sanders just needs to sharpen his tool box.
I thought Muma was ILB. T. Anderson or C. Tindall are other ILB that could be added

What OL would you go with?

I thought Muma was ILB. T. Anderson or C. Tindall are other ILB that could be added

What OL would you go with?

He played ILB for Wyoming, before that Safety in High School. Smaller size so think he kicks outside (edited to WILL in Lovie system) but what do I know? Didn’t select a LB in my final mock because value just not there. Took three offensive linemen however :koolaid:

Last edited:
Still a risk - many players have also suffered ACLs and never been quite the same.
Taking a player just to prevent him (possibly) being in your division is silly. For example, what if he doesn't fit your scheme. Not to mention you have no idea if division rivals will take him and you can't take everyone
You can't 401k your way to wealth. He's not even that big of a risk anymore than any other player. He's the most explosive wr in a deep pool. His production this year alone trumps every wr in this draft. He's a td in the making and he changes the way teams defend you because he can take the top off or turn a hitch into a td. To me, that's worth the risk.

You can't 401k your way to wealth. He's not even that big of a risk anymore than any other player. He's the most explosive wr in a deep pool. His production this year alone trumps every wr in this draft. He's a td in the making and he changes the way teams defend you because he can take the top off or turn a hitch into a td. To me, that's worth the risk.
At #13?
Not for me.
You can get Drake London who can be just as dangerous and he doesn't have any health issues.

I like that draft. Probably would switch out 108 with Jelani Woods and Zamir White with his teammate James Cook

unfortunately for Texans, to get Jelani, would have to be a higher round than 4th where he is off my board due to unavailability.

Like both White and Cook, difference being Cook takes it the house via pass while Zamir does it running through trash. Zamir White is Warhop approved:wesmantexanfan:

By Doc you mean @CloakNNNdagger ? I don't think any injury fits a boiler plate assumption. Fractures are not all the same, and ACL's not the career ender they used to be
Of course, it all depends on an actual doctors report. However, from what CNd has previously posted, ACLs are worse as far as post recovery performance is concerned.

CloakNNNDagger has responded in private. Said it was ok to post medical condition of acl tears. Not trying to make anyone the bad guy, we all just want to learn the facts.

As far as Jameson Williams, he suffered his ACL Jan 2022. This is the most up-to-date study that I have referred to in the past that should answer your questions as well as possible.:
Decreased Performance and Return to Play Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in National Football League Wide Receivers
Author links open overlay panelColin J.BurgessD.O.aErikStapletonD.O., M.S.aKennethChoyB.A.bCesarIturriagaM.D.aRandy M.CohnM.D.a

Purpose
To identify the time to return to play (RTP) and evaluate the performance level in wide receivers in the National Football League following anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.

Methods
A total of 29 wide receivers in the National Football League who underwent ACL reconstruction between 2013 and 2017 who met inclusion criteria were retrospectively identified and reviewed. For each player, a matched control with similar demographics was identified to compare various in-game performance measurements and seasons played.

Results
Of the wide receivers that met the inclusion criteria, 9 of 29 (31%) did not RTP in a regular season game following ACL reconstruction. For players who did RTP, 20 of 29 (69%), the average time was 10.9 months (331.4 ± 41.6 days). When we compared the tear group with the matched control cohort, players with ACL tearsended their careers on an average of 1.9 seasons earlier (2.2 vs 4.1 seasons, P < .001) and also played less than half the number of games (25.5 vs 56.6 games, P = .001), respectively. Those that RTP also saw decreased performance statistics in targets (353.6 vs 125.2 P < .001), receptions (208.0 vs 74.4, P = .001), receiving yards (2691.0 vs 987.9, P = .001), and touchdowns (17.4 vs 6.2, P = .002).

Conclusions
Sixty-nine percent of wide receivers who underwent ACL reconstruction were able to RTP at an average of 10.9 months, or 331.4 days. Despite the majority of players being able to RTP, there was a significant decrease in both statistical performance and career duration.

Last edited:
At #13?
Not for me.
You can get Drake London who can be just as dangerous and he doesn't have any health issues.
London isn't anywhere close to Williams athletically on the field. There is a reason London doesn't want to run a 40, but did everything else. You can tell by his drills he's not explosive. Did'r London have a broken ankle? Again, you can play it safe and get a gold watch after 40 years of service, thats could, but if you want a real difference maker,home run hitter, coverage dictator, thats Williams, not London

Per CloakNNNdagger -

Drake London suffered an ankle fracture ( I believe in Oct 2021 ). From what I was able to determine, it was not a high ankle sprain/fracture which would be more worriesome. It did require open surgery. These take ~3-5 months to fully rehab. I watched his Pro Day films and noticed that most of his drills had him cutting pretty sharply to his right. But when his drills required cutting to his left, he significantly softened the cut. This to me is significant since cutting to the left places significant strain on the right ankle. He can still be expected to improve over the next months, but I'm concerned that before his injury, he consistently had problems gaining separation. The injury certainly will not improve that part of his game.

I’m no doctor, that’s why I called upon one to get it straight. Now we can interpret this anyway we want. Knowing pre injury to both, strengths and weaknesses, it’s not the fracture itself as much as recovering and improving Drakes ability to separate. Jameson was fast already and will take some time but in his case he probably will return closer to 100%. Both will be drafted in the first round. A team that needs speed with size will prefer Jameson. Another team that needs an X possession receiver, think Mike Williams, he’s about the same size/speed and doesn’t separate instead high points and wins contested catches.

Round Three Pick #80). Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati, 6-3 213

Y’all know of Christian Watson(ranked 6th among wr’s) right? He has been climbing up boards from 3rd/4th rd. All the way up now into end of first, based off his outstanding metrics, meanwhile Alec Pierce (ranked 15th) who also tested well remains unchanged. Puzzling? That’s why he’s in this mock to Texans. Size & speed combo opposite side of last years 3rd rd pick Nico Collins. Nico Collins was a value pick as well so fits Caserio tendency while building pieces around Mills for a discount. Watson does better job of separating and is more explosive in routes but doesn’t have good hands where as Alec does and will win contested catches. Also interested in David Bell here. Did not run well, speed wise Combine 4.65 and Pro Day 4.71 but boy he was productive and can catch anything in his area.

Sauce is cool, just not at 3 for me...If i'm taking a cb that high, he gotta be as close to shutdown as possible; & i don't see that from him. Little too handsy for me and i think he benefited disproportionately from Cincy's ability to generate quick pressure and the trash qb's he faced in the AAC. Because of these things its hard to ascertain how good he really is.

Back