Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

I'm sorry pal, but Derrick Morgan to the Phins' makes no sense, UNLESS, he was to bulk up and play DE in a 3-4 scheme. :tiphat:

1) St. Louis Rams - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
2) Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
4) Washington Redskins - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
5) Kansas City Chiefs - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
6) Seattle Seahawks - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
7) Cleveland Browns - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
8) Oakland Raiders - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
9) Buffalo Bills - Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
10) Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
11) Denver Broncos - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
12) Miami Dolphins - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

13) San Francisco 49ers - Kaiser Toro - On the Clock - 3/16/2010 10:09:10 AM

14) Seattle Seahawks -
steelbtexan

15) New York Giants - Wolf6151

Last edited by a moderator:
With the 14th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Seahawks select...

Trent Williams, OT

oklahoma.jpg

With Walter Jones injured and aging, Pete Carrol goes with an offensive tackle to secure Sam Bradford. Williams has played with Bradford at OU and he will do everything and anything to keep Bradford upright.

Great draft for the seahawks so far.

This is what the Lions should have done last year with Stafford #1, and coulda grabbed Oher #20.

With the 14th pick in the NFL mock draft the Seattle Seahawks select Trent Williams OT University of Oklahoma.

Bradford needs to be protected and his College teammate will help provide that.

Williams is the most athletic LT in this draft. Other than Campbell, He is a better football player than Campbell.

Williams can step in and replace Walter Jones immeadiately at LT.

The NYG are on the clock.

With the 14th pick in the NFL mock draft the Seattle Seahawks select Trent Williams OT University of Oklahoma.

Bradford needs to be protected and his College teammate will help provide that.

Williams is the most athletic LT in this draft. Other than Campbell, He is a better football player than Campbell.

Williams can step in and replace Walter Jones immeadiately at LT.

The NYG are on the clock.

Oopps, I should've waited. I went ahead and drafted Trent Williams for you.

Thanks, what do you think of the Seahawks draft so far?

I think they made out like bandits.

It's a wise move to get a quarterback like Sam Bradford and then an offensive tackle to protect his blind side, but from the same program is hard to do so you did that very well.

For the rest of the draft, I would try and get a RB and a OG and then go defense throughout with maybe another WR in the mix. Good job thus far!

It will be interesting to see how this first round plays out. McClain at 5 and Thomas at 7 really change alot from your average mock draft.

3 OTs.
3 DTs.
2 QBs.
2 DEs.
2 FSs.
1 LB.
1 CB.

Unhitch the trailer guys, and let's get this show on the road. Nothing worse then a DEAD mock draft thread!

Brilliant, you picked another prototypical bust to add to the Oakland QB collection!!

Well, Al Davis is an unconventional owner. We never know quite what he's thinking only that it isn't what everyone else is.

JaMarcus is a huge bust because he lacks what the great QBs have to have--leadership and the drive to be the best.

Jimmy Clausen reminds me a bit of a former Raiders QB--Daryle Lamonica.

Lamonica was a HS star in CA that went to Notre Dame, as is Jimmy Clausen. He became the "Mad Bomber" for Al and won 2 MVPs. They're also roughly the same size.

Lamonica.jpg

Clausen.jpg

So with JR not showing up for off-season work-outs and weird Al wanting to make a splash before he meets his maker (Lucifer), I went w/ the SoCal boy who wants to return to his roots.

Jimmy Clausen concerns me with his diva-like attitude. I've read numerous reports stating that when he was being interviewed he came off as "fake". If he works out, great, but the last things the Raiders need is another JaMarcus Russell.

We're still waiting for a pick from Wolf6151? 8 hours...

Do we give people a pass on the 12 hour rule when it runs out after midnight?

Jimmy Clausen concerns me with his diva-like attitude. I've read numerous reports stating that when he was being interviewed he came off as "fake". If he works out, great, but the last things the Raiders need is another JaMarcus Russell.

I'm not a huge Clausen fan, but he played in a pro-style offense and he did take some licks and pick himself up and keep playing.

We're still waiting for a pick from Wolf6151? 8 hours...

Do we give people a pass on the 12 hour rule when it runs out after midnight?

I hate to do this, but if there isn't a response or pick in by 10:50 PM then we can go ahead and do a group pick if everyone is cool with this.

I disagree. Why bother with rules if we can't follow them? 12 hours, is 12 hours. We have night owls that can do the group pick.

Yeah, I think it should definitely go 12 hours. I'm just wondering if we let it go a bit longer to allow it to come around to the early birds.

Maybe we should start talking about what the pick SHOULD be and come to a consensus. And if he doesn't get his pick in on time, we can just go with that and the clock can start on slatonisabeast and the Titans.

I disagree. Why bother with rules if we can't follow them? 12 hours, is 12 hours. We have night owls that can do the group pick.

Rules are meant to be broken Kaiser...

My vote for the pick is Chris Brown. See how the Giants like having one of those on their team.

I'm thinking:

Derrick Morgan, DE
Brandon Graham, DE
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB
Kyle Wilson, CB (may be too early)
Brian Price, DT
Jared Odrick, DT
Bruce Campbell, OT

What about you guys?

IMHO, weatherspoon is a lock. Pierce and Clark are way too old and they desperately need OLB help. I wouldve thought McClain would be around though.

I'm thinking:

Derrick Morgan, DE
Brandon Graham, DE
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB
Kyle Wilson, CB (may be too early)
Brian Price, DT
Jared Odrick, DT
Bruce Campbell, OT

What about you guys?

Derrick Morgan is off the board

Ok, 12 hours it is. The only reason I was breaking the rules is because I didn't know if anyone stayed on TTalk after hours. It's only fair to give him 12hrs.

I'd recommend sending people PM's as their picks get close. It's easy to get on and forget about this thread/mock. just my 2 cents.

Weatherspoon

He's my favorite LB in this draft.

He's a leader also.

Weatherspoon= Jasper Tx.

I apologize for the delay, when I left home this morning there were 4 picks before mine so I didn't think it would get to me so quickly. I took the day off from work to spend some time with my daughter since she's out of school for spring break. I took my 12 yr. old daughter to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and we've been there for the last 13 hours. We rode most all of the rides, ate most all of the food, went to most every exhibit, display, and booth in the place and had a great time together just father an daughter. Some kid's 250 lbs. show pig stepped on my foot, I was wearing flip flops at the time. Oh my aching feet!!!

The N.Y. Giants select Brian Price-DT from UCLA. He was my 3rd selection but since Rolando McClain and Dan Williams are already off the board I'll take the best DT available and fill their biggest need.

I apologize for the delay, when I left home this morning there were 4 picks before mine so I didn't think it would get to me so quickly. I took the day off from work to spend some time with my daughter since she's out of school for spring break. I took my 12 yr. old daughter to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and we've been there for the last 13 hours. We rode most all of the rides, ate most all of the food, went to most every exhibit, display, and booth in the place and had a great time together just father an daughter. Some kid's 250 lbs. show pig stepped on my foot, I was wearing flip flops at the time. Oh my aching feet!!!

The N.Y. Giants select Brian Price-DT from UCLA. He was my 3rd selection but since Rolando McClain and Dan Williams are already off the board I'll take the best DT available and fill their biggest need.

NP, man. Sounds like you had a great time (except for the pig thing)! When I was a kid, I went every year and sometimes several times. I've got lots of great memories from that.

Brian Price is a good pick, I think.

Just in time, so no reason for an apology.

Brian Price would have been my pick, I think it's decent value at a high need position.

16) Tennessee Titans - kiwitexansfan

17) San Francisco 49ers -Kaiser Toro

18) Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Mario

19) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan

20) Houston Texans - HOU-TEX

21) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

The Tennessee Titans are on the clock. Isn't that slatonisabeast now?

Just in time, so no reason for an apology.

Brian Price would have been my pick, I think it's decent value at a high need position.

The Tennessee Titans are on the clock. Isn't that slatonisabeast now?

Yep

It's past his bedtime. Or should be. LOL

Back