Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

I'm going to support the Rolando McClain pick and here's why:

Scott Pioli suprised everyone by taking Tyson Jackson (a 3-4 DE) with the #3 pick and if he takes McClain this year then he has two solid players for his 3-4defense.

Rolando McClain is the safest pick in the draft and IMO he is the most NFL-ready player. He is smart, tough-as-nails, and excells at tackling, he would make a good candidate as captain of the defense and I see him as the second coming of Derrick Thomas, he's that good...or at least on tape.

So who should the Browns take?

They could probably get a CB early in round 2. I would think Dez Bryant, even though they took 2 in round 2 last year, or CJ Spiller (probably a little early)

On defense they could address the defense with a DE like Pierre-Paul or Morgan.

If Bradford is still available @ 2 or 3, I would not be surprised to see a trade up. Browns have 13 picks as it stands now.

After trading Wimbley to the Raiders, Rush OLB is a big need. Jason Pierre-Paul may be the best option. Morgan may fit the bill also.

I do not think Dez Bryant would be in the mix here.

If Bradford is still available @ 2 or 3, I would not be surprised to see a trade up. Browns have 13 picks as it stands now.

After trading Wimbley to the Raiders, Rush OLB is a big need. Jason Pierre-Paul may be the best option. Morgan may fit the bill also.

I do not think Dez Bryant would be in the mix here.

I have to dissagree with you sir. I just don't think that Morgan/Pierre-Paul are built for 3-4 schemes. A 270-lbs OLB, I just don't see it.

The Browns could use some safety/and or cornerback help and an explosive running back like CJ Spiller could also help. Wide receiver is also a need IMO.

Its the list of what teams are assigned to who, the other thread was closed down and so we moved all the discussions to this thread and posted the official selections in another thread.

Can you put a list of the draft order on each page?

That way we wont have to look on other pages to see whose on the clock.

What is that list in post #50 Texan4ever?

That's the list of which teams were assigned to each poster.

Some guys who wanted to have teams were wondering why they didn't have picks. djohn2oo8 got assigned the Panthers who don't have a 1st round pick. Honoring Earl got the Cowboys and the Bears, who don't have a pick in the first couple of rounds, fell to pbat who luckily also drew the Rams so he's not sad about the Bears thing.

I wanted to see it to make sure that my generator worked right. :)

Can you put a list of the draft order on each page?

That way we wont have to look on other pages to see whose on the clock.

Sure, as soon as a new page opens up I'll post the list again.

So far, are there any problems or is everyone okay with the way things are going?

Also, thanks to whoever is updating the selection thread, thanks!

I'm going to support the Rolando McClain pick and here's why:

Scott Pioli suprised everyone by taking Tyson Jackson (a 3-4 DE) with the #3 pick and if he takes McClain this year then he has two solid players for his 3-4defense.

Rolando McClain is the safest pick in the draft and IMO he is the most NFL-ready player. He is smart, tough-as-nails, and excells at tackling, he would make a good candidate as captain of the defense and I see him as the second coming of Derrick Thomas, he's that good...or at least on tape.

I am not questioning his talent or ability to play, I do question if it fits the needs of the Chiefs and the value of the selection.

I felt that way before he revealed at his pro day he has a very serious disease....

I am not questioning his talent or ability to play, I do question if it fits the needs of the Chiefs and the value of the selection.

I felt that way before he revealed at his pro day he has a very serious disease....

He has Chron's Disease which might cause problems but IDK what the severity of this disease is.

The Cleveland Browns select Earl Thomas, S, out of University of Texas.

I'm going to get some heat for this, and I'm torn between Hayden and Thomas, but Thomas can play cb/safety and Hayden's falling on some boards. Another option was to upgrade the LT position, but the browns are a sieve in the secondary. Also another choice would of been clausen, but I think the browns will stay pat at Qb.. At least in the first

Still from my iPhone :(

I'm going to get some heat for this, and I'm torn between Hayden and Thomas, but Thomas can play cb/safety and Hayden's falling on some boards. Another option was to upgrade the LT position, but the browns are a sieve in the secondary. Also another choice would of been clausen, but I think the browns will stay pat at Qb.. At least in the first

Good pick

Thomas was the safest pick.

Sure, as soon as a new page opens up I'll post the list again.

So far, are there any problems or is everyone okay with the way things are going?

Also, thanks to whoever is updating the selection thread, thanks!

No problems, you're doing a great job keeping everybody on track.

I would have gone for Haden in this spot but I guess Thomas's basement is higher than Haden, even if Haden might have a higher ceiling.

I thought the LT was a former #3 pick in the first round , who's a pro bowler .

Chargers Shaft75
Cowboys Honoring Earl 34
Raiders Texan in Japan
Texans HOU-TEX
Patriots TexansSeminole
Jets The Pencil Neck
Vikings rmartin65
Colts Ole Miss Texan
Chiefs Jgl35
Giants Wolf6151
Buccaneers steelbtexan
Panthers djohn2oo8
Cardinals awtysst
Bears pbat488
Titans kiwitexansfan
Steelers Super Mario
Niners Kaiser Toro
Dolphins JB
Ravens Texan4Ever
Redskins Section516
Lions Kaiser Toro
Falcons kiwitexansfan
Broncos Super Mario
Eagles Shaft75
Jaguars Ole Miss Texan
Packers The Pencil Neck
Browns Section516
Rams pbat488
Saints Texan in Japan
Bills awtysst
Seahawks steelbtexan
Bengals JB

Sorry. I got Kc and the browns LT mixed up. The chiefs have the converted guard, Brandon Albert?

Albert played OG in college but was a LT for the Chiefs. Many people have suggested drafting an OT and sliding him to OG and moving Brain Waters to C to secure the left side of the o-line.

Chargers Shaft75
Cowboys Honoring Earl 34
Raiders Texan in Japan
Texans HOU-TEX
Patriots TexansSeminole
Jets The Pencil Neck
Vikings rmartin65
Colts Ole Miss Texan
Chiefs Jgl35
Giants Wolf6151
Buccaneers steelbtexan
Panthers djohn2oo8
Cardinals awtysst
Bears pbat488
Titans kiwitexansfan
Steelers Super Mario
Niners Kaiser Toro
Dolphins JB
Ravens Texan4Ever
Redskins Section516
Lions Kaiser Toro
Falcons kiwitexansfan
Broncos Super Mario
Eagles Shaft75
Jaguars Ole Miss Texan
Packers The Pencil Neck
Browns Section516
Rams pbat488
Saints Texan in Japan
Bills awtysst
Seahawks steelbtexan
Bengals JB

Dude, I would just copy and paste the draft list.

This should be interesting....

Al Davis selects ....

usain-bolt-olympics-200m.jpg

If he did declare, where do you reckon he would be drafted?

Someone MAY take a flyer (no pun intended) on him late. He may be fast but remember, he's a track star. Put on football cleats, pads, a helmet, etc. and I doubt he's that much faster than most NFL athletes to be honest. Then add to that fact that 1 hit from a guy like Bernard Pollard and the guy's career is probably over. Waste of a roster spot if you ask me.

I can't believe that Rolando McClain got selected #5 by Cleveland, I was going to take him for the Giants at #15 and thought that was ealry.

Nah, I meant from the other thread. Like just copy and paste the updated list. Might be a tad easier to decipher.

You're doing well, just trying to help.

Like so?

1) St. Louis Rams - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

2) Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

4) Washington Redskins - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

5) Kansas City Chiefs - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama

6) Seattle Seahawks - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

7) Cleveland Browns - Earl Thomas, S, Texas

8) Oakland Raiders - On the Clock - 3/15/2010 1:20:53 PM

9) Buffalo Bills

10) Jacksonville Jaguars

11) Denver Broncos

12) Miami Dolphins

13) San Francisco 49ers

14) Seattle Seahawks

15) New York Giants

16) Tennessee Titans

17) San Francisco 49ers

18) Pittsburgh Steelers

19) Atlanta Falcons

20) Houston Texans

21) Cincinnati Bengals

22) New England Patriots

23) Green Bay Packers

24) Philadelphia Eagles

25) Baltimore Ravens

26) Arizona Cardinals

27) Dallas Cowboys

28) San Diego Chargers

29) New York Jets

30) Minnesota Vikings

31) Indianapolis Colts

32) New Orleans Saints

Nah, I meant from the other thread. Like just copy and paste the updated list. Might be a tad easier to decipher.

You're doing well, just trying to help.

If you mean what JB did, then there is already a seperate thread but I will go ahead and put the latest picks along with the next three that are up.

9) Buffalo Bills - awtysst

10) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

Like so?

9) Buffalo Bills

10) Jacksonville Jaguars

Yes, or even shorten it down to the last 10 picks like so.

If you mean what JB did, then there is already a seperate thread but I will go ahead and put the latest picks along with the next three that are up.

9) Buffalo Bills - awtysst

10) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

We're on the same wavelength. That's perfect!

12 hour time limit, right?

It's been what 11 hours.

What's the consensus on who should be chosen here?

I was thinking either Anthony Davis, Bryan Bulaga or Derrick Morgan. I'd go with Derrick Morgan.

The Buffalo Bills are very pleased with the way this draft has turned out. While the Buffalo Bills were not a great football team, we have several pieces to build around. Since we have decided to switch to a 3-4 defense, we have recognized that the most important defensive position is the NT. Fortunately for us, the best NT in the draft is also one of the BPA at this spot.

The Buffalo Bills are proud to select Dan Williams, NT from the University of Tennessee.

The Buffalo Bills are very pleased with the way this draft has turned out. While the Buffalo Bills were not a great football team, we have several pieces to build around. Since we have decided to switch to a 3-4 defense, we have recognized that the most important defensive position is the NT. Fortunately for us, the best NT in the draft is also one of the BPA at this spot.

The Buffalo Bills are proud to select Dan Williams, NT from the University of Tennessee.

Way to be on top of things ... next . :fans:

With the 10th selection in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Jason Pierre-Paul, Defensive End from the University of South Florida.

Reasoning: The Jags were among the worst at pressuring the opposing QB last season. Playing in the AFC South with elite QB's like Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub, the Jags have to be able to pressure with the front four. Young Draft Picks, Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves, have not had the early success registering only 8 combined sacks between the two of them over 2 full seasons. The Jags picked up the veteran, an former pro-bowler, Aaron Kampman in FA this year, but he's coming off season ending knee surgery and should not be viewed as the last piece to the pass rushing puzzle. Pierre-Paul, although raw, is an explosive pass rusher and incredible athlete. At 6'5, 270lbs with 4.6 speed, he is believed to be the elite pass rusher in this draft and that's exactly what Jacksonville needs. Carlos Dunlap is a possibility, although some may view him as a reach, but in the end the Jags select the South Florida native. Ideally, the Jags would like to trade down and pick up a 2nd round pick (which they lack) and come out of the first 2 rounds with a pass rushing DE and Tim Tebow... heck, why not convert Tebow to DE from the get-go?

With the 11th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Joe Haden, CB, Florida.

joe_haden.jpg

Haden's subpar 40 time at the combine cost him a few million dollars, and is ultimatly what allowed the Broncos to even have a shot at him @ 11. Haden can play against the pass and the run, and should prove that he is the best CB to come out of this draft.

Denver still needed a boost in the youth department at cornerback with Champ Bailey (32) Ty Law (36) Andre Goodman (31) all getting long in the tooth. Haden can pair up with Alphonso Smith in the future to give Denver a nice CB combo for the long haul.

At this point Brandon Marshall is still on the team effectively ruling out Dez Bryant. Who knows if they will patch things up for one more year.

With Rolando McClain, and Dan Williams already gone, I had to look elsewhere.

I considered Upati and Pouncey, but decided this was a bit high for an interior o-lineman. I also considerd Taylor Mays, but passed due to his questionable ball skills.

Last edited:
With the 12th pick, the Miami Dolphins select Derrick Morgan DE GT

With Dan Williams off the board, the Dolphins have to upgrade their pass rush.
Morgan is the highest rated pass rusher available.

With the 12th pick, the Miami Dolphins select Derrick Morgan DE GT

With Dan Williams off the board, the Dolphins have to upgrade their pass rush.
Morgan is the highest rated pass rusher available.

My personal choice would've been Sergio Kindle.

It's funny you just posted your pick when I'd just read this:

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, "just about everyone in attendance" at Georgia Tech's Pro Day believed Derrick Morgan will be a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL -- not a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Morgan struggled badly when asked to drop and change direction at the Combine. He was a bit better at Monday's Pro Day, but at 6'3/266 Morgan's best fit appears to be as a base, 4-3 right or left defensive end. Mayock expects Morgan to be drafted somewhere in the top 10-20, though it appears we can cross most 3-4 clubs off the list of potential landing spots.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=169912

Back