Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

*Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Titans Game 2, Sunday Sept 16, 2018!!

What I don't understand... Why are the Texans sitting on some nice cap space? Is there a marquee free agent or two we're going to chase next off-season?

steelb wanted us to chase two notable offensive lineman this past off-season and we didn't. I wanted us to chase some upgrades at wide receiver and running back (hell, we could have signed Adrian Peterson for cheap) but we didn't.

We can still sign Dez Bryant and Josh Gordon.
I doubt we're even considering either of them...
Despite the fact they'd be nice upgrades for us.
Over the trash we have at #2 to #5 on our WR depth.

Will Fuller, my friend calls him a bust. I ain't defending Fuller anymore.

I think this is going to be all year..teams are gonna press the LOS and force the issue...b/c they know we can’t do **** about it..

Watson don’t look the same...... if they are blitzing this much......... you HAVE TO MAKE THEM PAY..... SEE THE BLITZ AND GET THE BALL OUT WHERE THE BLITZ IZ COMING FROM...... if you don’t they don’t stop blitzing all day..... smh

That's when you throw it away.The WR doesn't call it, it's the responsibility of the QB to appropriately assess the situation.

It's the coach's job not to call max protect twin streaks - literally the only way that play works is chucking it up to Hopkins and hoping he wins the catch.

Deshaun Watson needs to shake off the rust. This is basically his second full game since last October. It was far from trash in the seven games he played last year. #1 scoring offense and #1 yardage offense.

I even said the other day it may take until Week 4 or 5...
For Deshaun Watson to be showing flashes of last year.

Also, I hate to say it... Our offensive line looks worse than last year. Not to mention our lack of depth at wide receiver and running back. Areas I wanted to improve upon this past off-season. But apparently our new GM didn't see it that way.

Called the OL again this year.

Bunch of backups

Exactly, but twin streaks isn't a real playcall. Angles or a combination need to happen if you're only sending two out on a route (you should at least have a leak outlet). Watson made the throw he was asked to, and put it where he was supposed to - he can only trust the call and that Hopkins will either win the ball or protect against interception.

I don’t think u can say Watson made the throw he was asked to b/c we don’t know.

Time to call some designed runs and rollouts for Watson. No way this is any more dangerous for his health than sitting back taking a beating like this. Get the D on their heels - they've got their ears pinned back coming after W and there's nothing we can do cuz we're in max protect.

Reactions: ROO
What I don't understand... Why are the Texans sitting on some nice cap space? Is there a marquee free agent or two we're going to chase next off-season?

steelb wanted us to chase two notable offensive lineman this past off-season and we didn't. I wanted us to chase some upgrades at wide receiver and running back (hell, we could have signed Adrian Peterson for cheap) but we didn't.

We can still sign Dez Bryant and Josh Gordon.
I doubt we're even considering either of them...
Despite the fact they'd be nice upgrades for us.
Over the trash we have at #2 to #5 on our WR depth.

Will Fuller, my friend calls him a bust. I ain't defending Fuller anymore.

Bringing Dez Bryant and Josh Gordon to this team is like bringing AIDS to a cancer patient.

Bringing Dez Bryant and Josh Gordon to this team is like bringing AIDS to a cancer patient.
That is why we suck. That type of mentality.

Give me guys that can make big plays... And I'd have shown you a win at Foxborough last Sunday and not a 27-20 loss. And we'd be very much competing in this game. Not down 14-0 early.

We have to be cursed....

I dont know what native tribe we angered.... or who ran over a voodoo practitioners cat.... but..

Can we burn the Astrodome in effigy to appease the curse?

No coach would pull their QB for "playing scared." They would tell him to put his big boy pants on and get back in there.
I agree but IF it's as bad as people are saying. At some point.. you have to deal with him later and worry about the team if the QB is THAT shaken.

That is why we suck. That type of mentality.

Give me guys that can make big plays... And I'd have shown you a win at Foxborough last Sunday and not a 27-20 loss. And we'd be very much competing in this game. Not down 14-0 early.
Bryant is washed up and Gordon is too stupid to clean himself up.

We have to be cursed....

I dont know what native tribe we angered.... or who ran over a voodoo practitioners cat.... but..

Can we burn the Astrodome in effigy to appease the curse?
I don't believe in curses. The Houston Astros will likely win back-to-back championships as they repeat as 2018 World Series champs! I can't wait for the MLB playoffs to start in a few weeks.

Also the Houston Rockets, are gutsy as hell and never give up trying to improve their roster, are the only team out there with a puncher's chance to take down a dynasty caliber Warriors team.

At least the other two pro teams in this city make me proud!

I don't believe in curses. The Houston Astros will likely win back-to-back championships as they repeat as 2018 World Series champs! I can't wait for the MLB playoffs to start in a few weeks.

Also the Houston Rockets, are gutsy as hell and never give up trying to improve their roster, are the only team out there with a puncher's chance to take down a dynasty caliber Warriors team.

At least the other two pro teams in this city make me proud!
I was talking football... I honestly couldn't care less about the Rockets or Astros

Back