Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Eagles, Sunday Dec 23, 2018!!

TejasTom

All Pro
Match up:

Venue:
Sunday Dec 23, 2018 • Noon • Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA

Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV: CBS

Houston @ Philadelphia Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (Red)
Buffalo @ New England Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Bruce Arians (Blue)
NY Giants @ Indianapolis Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (Green)
Cincinnati @ Cleveland Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (Yellow)
Jacksonville @ Miami Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (Orange)
NO GAME due to local home game on FOX (Grey)

Updates: St. Louis and Cape Girardeau MO: NYG-IND to HOU-PHI (Red)

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: John Parry

Uniform Combination: Liberty White Jerseys/Deep Steel Blue Pants

Weather: 39° F Clear Full Weather: Link

Go Texans!

Go Bills!
Go Giants!
Go Seahawks!

#BeatTheEagles

Merry Christmas!

Max

Veteran
This is the type of game that can make me change my mind about BOB and this team. Have a game plan that is competitive, don't mismanage the clock, maybe surprise us w/ something (not necessary for me to change my mind but would be nice for once) and maybe the ball bounces our way or maybe we just outright beat them up. But please, please at least be competitive.

honored82

Waterboy
Ravens will be coming to town if we loose today. Either way, glad we won't play the colts.

Jags are giving their young players a chance next week. That should be an easy one. So lets get a win today and a bye!

Last edited:

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I've got a bad feeling about this game. Hopefully the Texans win anyway. A loss here and win against the Jags still gets us the division, and I see no way in hell we're losing to the Jaggies. If the Texans can somehow manage to pull this one out, they stand a totally excellent chance of getting a first round bye.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
The Texans need to handle their business and take this win today to take the division and hold on to the #2 seed.
Great thread TejasTom!

May you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Go Texans!
Git'r Done!

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Uh oh... Hopkins is gonna be a game time decision.

:/
Part of me wants to see Hopkins out. This offense and Watson needs to starts using other weapons more consistently. Especially the tight ends.

But the other part of me knows Nuk is too big a weapon to be sitting out.

Bugman7star

All Pro
Yes. I would love to see our young tight ends used more. They have flashed some real talent when given a chance. Quick passes to open up the run. This road game against a team fighting for their postseason life is a tough yet great test for our team. I don't want to see us get caught with our pants down looking like we don't know what in the world to do.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Yes. I would love to see our young tight ends used more. They have flashed some real talent when given a chance. Quick passes to open up the run. This road game against a team fighting for their postseason life is a tough yet great test for our team. I don't want to see us get caught with our pants down looking like we don't know what in the world to do.

Our OL is so bad that even with the TE's (poor blockers that they are) staying in, it sucks. If the TE's are used more as receivers, DW4 gets sacked more... or at gets hit more if his internal clock is working a bit faster than normal

Jadmakaveli

Veteran
I’m not too concerned on what we do the first drive. Seems we tend to do good first drive because we run plays we should be running. It’s everything after when we go back to being a basic offense.

austins23

Hall of Fame
I’m afraid that if Hopkins doesn’t play this O will look really bad.
Then again maybe it will force BoB to get the TEs goin.
Foreman getting some PT today? Who backs up Blue?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I've got a bad feeling about this game. Hopefully the Texans win anyway. A loss here and win against the Jags still gets us the division, and I see no way in hell we're losing to the Jaggies. If the Texans can somehow manage to pull this one out, they stand a totally excellent chance of getting a first round bye.
This is where I'm at.

The Eagles are playing for their post season lives.

2.5 point favorite at home, means the Texans are less than the standard road dog.

1st page

Go Texans

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Just over 2 hours to go to game time. Hopkins is a go. After he plays today, the Texans need to rest him next week since the Jaguars will be playing only second and third string players in that game to keep their starters healthy for next year. The Texans might also want to rest other important starters next week should they win today as well.
Don't rest anyone today. All hands on deck to take this win.
Go Texans!
Git'r Done!

Last edited:

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Just over 2 hours to go to game time. Hopkins is a go. After he plays today, the Texans need to rest him next week since the Jaguars will be playing only second and third string players in that game to keep their starters healthy for next year. The Texans might also want to rest other important starters next week should they win today as well.
Go Texans!
Git'r Done!
Jags are scaling back Fournette to get him fresh to play their Super Bowl next week against us. They went full tilt against the Colts just a couple games ago. They will not be resting starters against a division rival.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Jags are scaling back Fournette to get him fresh to play their Super Bowl next week against us. They went full tilt against the Colts just a couple games ago. They will not be resting starters against a division rival.
A couple of games ago, the Jags still had a slight chance at the playoffs. They are completely out now. They already stated they were pulling their starters to prepare for next year. I tried to find the link to post here, but I can't find it.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
A couple of games ago, the Jags still had a slight chance at the playoffs. They are completely out now. They already stated they were pulling their starters to prepare for next year. I tried to find the link to post here, but I can't find it.
Difference between pulling starters in a meaningless game against a non conference opponent and pulling them when they have the opportunity to stick it to a hated division rival.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Difference between pulling starters in a meaningless game against a non conference opponent and pulling them when they have the opportunity to stick it to a hated division rival.
Both of their remaining games are meaningless for the Jags. They have no chance at a playoff spot at all. The article I read stated they were taking certain important starters out for the 2 remaining games to avoid injury for next year. That means next week against the Texans as well.

bigmck

Rookie
Go Texans!
Git'r Done!
I don't see any rest of players by the Texans if there is a Bye to be had with a Win over the Jags. == We need to get by the Eagles to even consider that. Gee, this is fun just talking about it. A lot of coaches can't even talk about it.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
I don't see any rest of players by the Texans if there is a Bye to be had with a Win over the Jags. == We need to get by the Eagles to even consider that. Gee, this is fun just talking about it. A lot of coaches can't even talk about it.

Lol. It is fun to be able to talk about something we've never even been a part of before. Good stuff.

ubecool454

Veteran
I don't. I would feel better with Lamar Miller playing but hopefully Foreman gets to help Blue out.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Never underestimate the heart of a champion, as the saying goes. I’d feel better about this game if the Eagles had already been eliminated from the playoffs. But they’re not. This is going to be an extremely difficult game for the Texans.

I don’t feel good about this game at all.