Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Colts, Sunday Sept 30, 2018!!

By who. And eh if they don't make it , the crucificaion would have been worse. Especially with the state of our team.
By everybody who thinks they know the game better. Not that that matters. If plays don't work, you're an idiot, if they do, you're a genius.

Like I said, I would have punted, but the way the Texans defense was playing to that point, and the fact that they were gassed, I can understand the decision to try to win the game. The one time in the game the Texans make a stop.

Glad to see the Texans won today. I have gained confidence in Watson, but my confidence in the OL and the secondary couldn't be lower. It feels like the defense of 2010 all over again.
No speed in the secondary. Some of these guys once had speed. Once.

I like our chances to beat the Dallas Cowboys next Sunday Night. Win that one and at 2-3 we're back in the business of competing and winning games again. The fact our three losses were by one score may gives some people some hope.

We've yet to be blown out this year. And Deshaun Watson will only improve as his knee feels stronger. Bill O'Brien being more aggressive and creative with his play calling is also nice to see.

And the defense did have them by the balls in the first half Speedy. Did you watch the 1st half?
Did you watch the 2nd half and how everybody was gasping for air the entire time? Oh, and how they got torched in the 2nd half? I don't give a crap if they were the 85 Bears in the 1st half. They were garbage in the 2nd.

I like our chances to beat the Dallas Cowboys next Sunday Night. Win that one and at 2-3 we're back in the business of competing and winning games again. The fact our three losses were by one score may gives some people some hope.

We've yet to be blown out this year. And Deshaun Watson will only improve as his knee feels stronger. Bill O'Brien being more aggressive and creative with his play calling is also nice to see.
Eli and luck just had coming out parties. Expect the same from Dak.

Also Keke Coutee is a legitimate playmaer.
I want to give him more touches (plays) moving forward.

With Will Fuller nursing that ankle injury we'll probably see a heavy dose of Keke on National TV next Sunday Night against the Dallas Cowboys.

Eli and luck just had coming out parties. Expect the same from Dak.
Dak had his best game in the past 14 games today. 17-for-27, 255 passing yards: 2 TDs and 0 INTs in a 26-24 win over the Lions.

You may be right, but I expect Deshaun to out-shine Dak.
The Texans will find a way to out-score the Cowboys.

It's a home game. Deshaun Watson's knee is getting stronger. I felt like the first three games he was going through the motions and looked rusty. That was to be expected after being out for 10 months.

The OL is as bad as the secondary. When you lose your starting job to Kendall Lamm, you're really bad. I thought we had lost Kelemete for a second there.

By everybody who thinks they know the game better. Not that that matters. If plays don't work, you're an idiot, if they do, you're a genius.

Like I said, I would have punted, but the way the Texans defense was playing to that point, and the fact that they were gassed, I can understand the decision to try to win the game. The one time in the game the Texans make a stop.

This is the NFL and majority of them would not have went for that, especially where they were on the field. Now if they were at the 40 on the opposite side. Yeah I can see other teams taking a chance. I really wish we had NFL coaches on here.

With Will Fuller nursing that ankle injury we'll probably see a heavy dose of Keke on National TV next Sunday Night against the Dallas Cowboys.
I wondered why they never tried going deep to Coutee. When your slot receiver is a deep threat you have some formidable weapons.

And the defense did have them by the balls in the first half Speedy. Did you watch the 1st half?

I’ve only seen the 1st half. The defense looked great up front but I didn’t like the secondary for the most part.

I understand people are upset at AC and not that worried about losing him but there is close to zero depth at cornerback. The opponent offensive game plan should be quick intermediate passes and runs up the middle. Good TE’s should have a field day against Texans defense.

Last edited:
This is the NFL and majority of them would not have went for that, especially where they were on the field. Now if they were at the 40 on the opposite side. Yeah I can see other teams taking a chance. I really wish we had NFL coaches on here.

I SAID I WOULD HAVE PUNTED TOO!!!!! FUCK!!!

I also don't have a problem with the decision to go for it with all the circumstances that were in play regarding the worn down Texans D. The Texans made TWO stops in the 2nd half, and that was one of them.

And I'm glad you have the pulse on the majority of NFL coaches and what they'd do. Congrats, I guess.

Reactions: JB
Dak had his best game in the past 14 games today. 17-for-27, 255 passing yards: 2 TDs and 0 INTs in a 26-24 win over the Lions.

You may be right, but I expect Deshaun to out-shine Dak.
The Texans

Dude not feeling coutee. Cant help but think he fired up and fuller was gone. Coutee is Miller up the middle.

Drive the dam ball downfield OB. Like the best offenses in the league do. You got Hopkins and fuller but coutee is getting targets. Dont like this remedy at all

Made a mess of this on my phone

Cak informed me yesterday the Texans 3rd down defense was 15th. It will probably be worse after this week.

I’ve only seen the 1st half. The defense looked great up front but I didn’t like the secondary for the most part.

I understand people are upset at AC and not that worried about losing him but there is close to zero depth at cornerback. The opponent offensive game plan should be quick intermediate passes and runs up the middle. Good TE’s should have a field day against Texans defense.

Yeah our secondary is completely and utterly garbage. If it wasn't for the front 7 mainly Watt and Clowney. We wouldve gotten torched the entire game. But they go down together. And in the first half after the first drive, we played solid defense.

Brian T. Smith

✔@ChronBrianSmith

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/1046513598078603265

Clowney said he was surprised when Colts went for it. Was actually slow getting off ball because he didn’t think they’d snap it.

4:34 PM - Sep 30, 2018

Brian T. Smith

✔@ChronBrianSmith

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/1046513996696866818

Colts changed snap count in second half, Clowney said. Texans had figured it out in first half. Led to second-half penalties jumping count.

4:35 PM - Sep 30, 2018

I SAID I WOULD HAVE PUNTED TOO!!!!! FUCK!!!

I also don't have a problem with the decision to go for it with all the circumstances that were in play regarding the worn down Texans D. The Texans made TWO stops in the 2nd half, and that was one of them.

And I'm glad you have the pulse on the majority of NFL coaches and what they'd do. Congrats, I guess.

No need to get all worked up lol I read what you said. My thing is I don't believe any other head NFL coach would have went for that on that side of the field.

But guess what I appreciate the gift from Reich.

No need to get all worked up lol I read what you said. My thing is I don't believe any other head NFL coach would have went for that on that side of the field.

But guess what I appreciate the gift from Reich.

Well, you say that, yet one did.

Brian T. Smith

✔@ChronBrianSmith

Clowney said he was surprised when Colts went for it. Was actually slow getting off ball because he didn’t think they’d snap it.

4:34 PM - Sep 30, 2018

Brian T. Smith

✔@ChronBrianSmith

Colts changed snap count in second half, Clowney said. Texans had figured it out in first half. Led to second-half penalties jumping count.

4:35 PM - Sep 30, 2018

Speedy even Clowney didn't they were actually going to go for it. I'm sure the entire defense thought the same

With his 3rd consecutive 300 yard passing game, it's the 1st time a Texan has done that since Schaub in 2010.
Wow, that is hard to believe. But looking back, I suppose it shouldn't surprise me.

Disagree. Reich comes from Philadelphia and that aggressive play calling is what got them to the Super Bowl. And they won it too so there’s that.
Vrabel did the exact same thing against the Eagles. In fact, he had three 4th down conversions on their game winning drive.

No it's not.

This mentality is why we've had Bill O'Brien for 5 years now and why people think "doesn't matter Brian 2 times division champs Brian" matters even in the slightest.

A win is not a win when you continue to exhibit the same exact failures that have plagued your franchise for years on end. You're going to fall into a few wins along the way and it's sure as dick not sustainable against teams that are actually good.

This is what I call mediocrity hell. Never good enough to be a championship contender, seldomly bad enough to clean house. Most teams live there, including ours throughout team history.

Vandermeer and Ware made the astute point during the game that if the Colt's kicked the field goal, they would have been settling for a tie. I agree. You play to win, not to tie. A tie is pretty much a loss.

I have no illusions that this team is a Super Bowl contender. I was shocked to see BO'b call a play that wasn't Miller up the middle for no gain to start the game. The way everything started falling apart in the 4th quarter had me screamin' at my tv. I'm glad things went in a positive direction for us at the end, but this team needs a lot of work. I won't hold my breath for a winning season.

No it's not.

This mentality is why we've had Bill O'Brien for 5 years now and why people think "doesn't matter Brian 2 times division champs Brian" matters even in the slightest.

A win is not a win when you continue to exhibit the same exact failures that have plagued your franchise for years on end. You're going to fall into a few wins along the way and it's sure as dick not sustainable against teams that are actually good.

Whenever I hear a win is a win, I recall the words of Jeff Van Gundy. "Never accept in victory, what you wouldn't accept in defeat".

You mean like 9-7 OB with 2 division titles?

If McNair isn't factoring that those division wins occurred when the division was among the worst in the league, he deserves a team that resides in mediocrity. We only have one playoff win under O'Brien because Derek Carr broke his leg.

It reminds me of companies that are highly profitable only because of a favorable market, so they ignore their internal problems and operational inefficiency. Then when the market changes and the profits sink, those companies go into free fall. It happened to us last year and it's happening now.

1. A tie is not a loss. A loss is worse. This is obvious and doesn't need to be explained.
2. Reich made a gutsy, but IMO ill advised call given the circumstances.
3. Reich's "we don't play for a tie" mentality gifted the Texans an opportunity they took advantage of to get a win when it looked like it was all but impossible.

I don't like ties any more than the next guy, but to pretend that to tie is somehow worse that to lose is stupid.

Back