Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Colts at Texans, Sunday Night Oct 16, 2016!!

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
So no Osienhymer bashing from me for one week. One week only as I'm sure I'll be back to it after Denver.

Hoptimus Prime

Waterboy
Maybe Oz can be like Eli at least? He sucks in the reg season but he will shine if we somehow get him to that big moment? It's a stretch, but the best mindset I can come up with right now lol

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Silly me, I just wanted a little exciting satisfaction throughout the entire night..........but ended up an all around failure..........

................until the end!

False Start

On # 69
All you negative nancies, suck a big fat floppy donkey ........
Ok, like there was no reason to be negative during this game? I call a spade a spade. I'm not gonna drive a Yugo, and call it a Ferrari. I give credit where credit is due. Brock was good... for about 10 minutes, the rest of the game he played like trash. No offense to you, but that's just the way I view things. :cool:

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
Just enjoy the win guys. Osweiler bounced back from an awful start and played pretty well in the second. Give credit where credit is due.

If he plays like 2nd half Osweiler the rest of the season, he's earned his contract IMO

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The problem here is the OLine. As soon as Miller ran a little bit we started getting some time to throw.

EVOLVIST

Kid A
Can we hope its a moment of growth?
Well, the moment of growth might be for Brock to see that he has more weapons other than Hopkins. Brock zeros in too much. Spreading the ball around gives you a better chance.

But this goes back to coaching, which also goes back offensive line play and playcalling.

I mean, where do you start here? It's no doubt that Brock looked like so much trash tonight...But did they learn something?

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Some people just can't enjoy a win. Go ahead and be miserable guys, don't let me stop you
I'm enjoying it. But some people can't see how obviously bad Brock played for most of the game. If the Texans do this the rest of the season great but comebacks like this are possible against lousy teams like INDY. They won't happens against good teamd

Reactions: Max

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Dont ignore in victory what would be addressed in defeat. Oz sucked tonight minus one drive. I don't mean to sh*t on your parade but Indy is a bad team. We should've won by 10 pts or more.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We need to see Miller (13), Ervin, and Miller (26) in some passing routes. Need some route concepts that gets one or two of them in space. Maybe a few crossing routes, 4 wide/5 wide with Hop/Fuller. If the D wants to bring heat against our banged up line all day we need to make them choose. stack those three one one side and challenge the D to cover them as they break out... DHop/Fuller on the other side to prevent the safety from sitting on the trips right. Those three can play in space. Dare the def to try to keep sending people.

I honestly don't like a lot of the concepts we use. Our TE's aren't good enough (in general) in space or up the seam to attract much attention. Yes they are doing better but they aren't attracting attention. We need to force the D back on their heels. I want to test the 4th/5th corners and safetys against our 4/5 receivers.

chenjy9

Rookie
Some people just can't enjoy a win. Go ahead and be miserable guys, don't let me stop you
It's like the kid who tells other kids that Santa is not real. The kid still gets satisfaction at Christmas (Win against the Colts with Brock looking amazing) and doesn't care less at the misery of the others' sunshine that he just took a piss on. I for one, just try to ignore those individuals and celebrate hog wild!

OzzO

.. and then?
ESPN Stats ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Texans are 1st team to overcome 14-point deficit in final 3 minutes since Tim Tebow and Broncos did it in Week 7 of 2011 vs Dolphins

Adam Clanton ‏@adamclanton
"I sucked for 58 minutes, but you guys left early.” -Brock Osweiler (paraphrased), getting after long-suffering #Texans fans

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
"We knew we were in this game the whole game."- DeAndre Hopkins after the win.

"He was always optimistic and even keeled he whole game."-Duane Brown on Brock Osweiler.

"Brock never changed 1 bit."-Jaelen Strong on Osweiler's demeanor thru whole game.

Under OBrien after a road loss, Texans are 6-0 at home.

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
O'Brien: "Give our players a lot of credit. I thought Lamar (Miller) was one of the big differences in the game. Heck of a football player."

O'Brien: "It was great to see our players' resiliency and their ability to come back. It's 4-2 and there's a lot of season left."

O'Brien: "It's a long game. The games aren't decided at halftime. The players did a great job. Everybody contributed to the win."

Daniel Gotera ‏@DTGoteraKHOU
Bob McNair on Brock Osweiler: "I think he showed what he can do."

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Duane Brown on Brock Osweiiler 'when we give him time, he can make big plays.'

Lamar Miller on his big game 'we were just clicking, offensive line did a great job of giving me creases. It felt good. Guys kept believing'

Lamar Miller on touchdown catch 'I was just trying to make a play'

Lamar Miller on Brock Osweiler 'He had a lot of confidence in the huddle"

Jaelen Strong 'A game like this can be huge for us'

The Bishop ‏@BillBishopKHOU
#Texans Bill O'Brien on how Brock improved late in the game, "I think we called plays that he liked and he executed them." #khou #HouNews

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
O'Brien said Osweiler was checked out by doctors at halftime. Didn't specify why. #Texans

Capt. Andrew Luck ‏@CaptAndrewLuck
Dearest mother —
We lost our battle in Texas. My heart is full with sorrow, and I'm disappointed as I was told there'd be a clown.
— Andrew

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Dont ignore in victory what would be addressed in defeat. Oz sucked tonight minus one drive. I don't mean to sh*t on your parade but Indy is a bad team. We should've won by 10 pts or more.

CstatTexan

Waterboy
Trust me, I enjoyed the hell out of it. However, I'm not going to pretend like it was just this "super duper Texans kick ass victory!"

Yay!!! Superbowl here we come!!! :trophy: :jam: :yes:

Is that better? ;)
Not once have I said this team doesn't need to improve. But if you can't be proud of your team from coming back down 2 scores to win in overtime, you need a break. That or you don't properly understand the level of competition in the NFL.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Let's be honest. The entire city wants this to be a turning point but a lot of us are skeptical. This isn't the Indy that so many of us remember, basically beating indy is like beating the bengals in the playoffs at this point. They aren't a good team and we should be beating them by a couple of scores. Nobody wants to cheer for this team more than I do. (Don't make me dig up my night before christmas poem early this year!) But we're also accustomed to seeing frauds from this team. How many times have we had a landmark win only to follow it up with two landmark losses. Yes, its a win. Yes, we're 4-2. Last year we were 2-5 and thought the season was over. We're gonna know very quickly if this was a legitimate turning point.

Reactions: ROO

chenjy9

Rookie
No one said to ignore the things that sucked. What people ARE saying is wait until everyone gets their celebrations done before pouring cold water.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Not once have I said this team doesn't need to improve. But if you can't be proud of your team from coming back down 2 scores to win in overtime, you need a break. That or you don't properly understand the level of competition in the NFL.
Or you've been a houson fan since 1990

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Two drives. Both scoring drives in the 4th qtr were pretty awesome.

They need to find out what happened, what flipped what switch... find a way to put it in a bottle & use it every game from here on out.

Still, I understand what "they" are saying. Like them, I'm watching the game, crossing my fingers, wishing & hoping for shiz to start breaking our way. I know I'm not on the field, but I'm a big believer in positive energy.

I can't imagine sitting in a room with the people in this thread while watching a game. But that's how my mind works. I know that most of you aren't like this in real life. At the game, or even a sports bar... a lot of this negative energy ain't there. Y'all are rooting & cheering just like me. Don't know why that doesn't come across in a game day thread.

Go find today's game day thread on PatriotsPlanet. It was pretty much like this until the win was well in hand. When the game could break either way, all the negativesame were being mentioned, & byotched about... but once the lead got to two scores... rainbows, lollipops, I think there was even a unicorn.

Human nature I guess.

Last edited: