Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Chiefs at Texans - Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016!!

The only thing that really upset me... because I see no fix, the guys blocking the gunners on special teams... they're not good at all.

KJohnson was one of them tonight & he absolutely refused to put a hand on the gunner, then he couldn't run with him the whole way. Same thing with Drummond on the other side. Can't stay in front of the gunner.

That, I think, had been our main issue on special teams all the way back to Marciano.

Returner has no chance when gunners have him locked in before he even catches the ball.

Reactions: ROO
Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 4h4 hours ago

Texans corner Kevin Johnson said Bill O'Brien told him his excessive celebration penalty was a 'selfish play' He says he won't do it again

Really? I don't even think the penalty was "really" on him. It was those other id0ts that surrounded him & started dancing.

I like that he didn't argue, but I hope O'b had that same discussion with the other three.

Really? I don't even think the penalty was "really" on him. It was those other id0ts that surrounded him & started dancing.

I like that he didn't argue, but I hope O'b had that same discussion with the other three.

On the radio they said it was on Joseph for dancing with him... WITH HIM means he was showboating don't it?

The refs are really coming down on the celebrations this year. The league is even fining players. Antonio Brown for example. I've seen much worse celebrations then what KJ and KJack were flagged for.

As much as it pissed me off in the game, I like Kevin Johnson. Especially how he put his head down and went back to work. He's young and learning. I bet it won't happen again. He seems like a guy that gets it...even if the fools around him join in on his dance.

As much as it pissed me off in the game, I like Kevin Johnson. Especially how he put his head down and went back to work. He's young and learning. I bet it won't happen again. He seems like a guy that gets it...even if the fools around him join in on his dance.

He looked really good returning that fumble (sux it didn't count). But I'd like to see him working on returning punts & Kick offs. He's got some wiggle, I like the way he was directing blockers as he ran, & I like that he wasn't scared to cut it back & cross the field.

Doesn't really matter if we can't block the gunners, but, it was a nice return.

Gritty win. It's promising how quickly all the new players have assimilated and performed well. Novak was the MVP. Defense was bringing the pain again. Texan football. Control the clock and punish them when they have the ball. Hard hats and lunch pails, punch the clock and kick some tail. Part ! of Revenge done with exorcising the Chiefs demon. On to Part II -- New England.

We need to do a better job keeping the DL fresh. Be it rotating bodies or the offense sustaining drives. Seems like we were on defense a lot.
Not being able to run the ball hurts in many ways. This is one of them. Too many 3rd and long situations = too many 3 and outs

We need to do a better job keeping the DL fresh. Be it rotating bodies or the offense sustaining drives. Seems like we were on defense a lot.

Time of Possession
Chiefs 26:01
Texans 33:59

Not being able to run the ball hurts in many ways. This is one of them. Too many 3rd and long situations = too many 3 and outs

4/15 on 3rd down is not good enough.

31 observations from Texans vs. Chiefs
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...s-Chiefs/3ee7bcca-96c2-4a20-a5a4-b20dc68563b5

1. I want to start with cornerback
A.J. Bouye. He was charged with tracking and defending Chiefs Pro Bowl tight end Travis Kelce for a significant portion of the game. There wasn’t a TV or radio show that I went on during the week that I wasn’t asked about stopping Kelce, and for good reason. The fourth-year star lit up the Texans in 2015, including a long catch and run where he wound up and punched the football after a touchdown in the 2015 opener. On Sunday, though, Bouye helped limit Kelce to five receptions for only 34 yards and minimal damage. Bouye knocked away a couple of passes, and not just when covering Kelce. Last year, I wasn’t sure Bouye was one of the team’s top five corners. Now, I think he might be one of this unit’s most valuable players. He was brilliant on Sunday.

2. Inside linebacker Benardrick McKinney was magnificent as well. He wore the coach communication device in his helmet for the first time with Brian Cushing unable to play due to injury. I paid close attention to McKinney throughout the day and he was in total command. There was seemingly one voice today and he had his defense’s rapt attention. Beyond that, he led the team in tackles and, as someone once mentioned after he was drafted, he also rushed the edge in certain situations. That would be me, if you didn’t figure it out right away.

3. He had back-to-back impact plays in the third quarter with a sack and then he drilled Tyreek Hill as the Chiefs dynamo attempted to cross the field on a tunnel screen. Number 55 introduced himself with authority.

4. Brock Osweiler’s first interception was a direct result of Marcus Peters’ physical demeanor in press coverage. That’s one thing these rookie receivers have yet to really see. Peters and Phillip Gaines are extremely physical and border on defensive pass interference on each throw. But, it’s effective and Peters’ ability to redirect Braxton Miller put Peters in position to make the pick. It’s not a throw Brock should’ve made and he knew it immediately, but I’ve got to give a ton of credit to Peters. That dude is a straight baller - if my math is correct, he has ten interceptions in his career and four of those against the Texans.

5. But, the defense picked up the team on the very next drive as J.J. Watt picked up an errant snap from Kansas City center Mitch Morse. During warmups, I was watching Kansas City and I saw Morse fire one well over quarterback Alex Smith’s head. It’s not something that typically happens in warmups, so it was weird. I heard a few fans down on the sideline make a comment about it too. So, when Morse fired a bad one to Smith in the game, I couldn’t help but think you play like you practice.

Back