Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official 2010 Training Camp Thread

LOL, i knew you were out there somewhere rmartin 65, how'd you like that sic move Shep put on #77 ?

Just trying to keep you a bit grounded. It was a nice move, but it actually looked to me like it was just terrible blocking, or a missed assignment. Maybe Sheppard was just that quick.

Not TC but rather look forward towards Bucs game among other things.

Kubiak discussing numerous things(from TexansTV):

Kris has had great camp, so has Neil. Both respect each other. It's been impressive.

How do you make that decision?

Make it because I have to make it. I gotta make a call on that Friday. I'll weigh every factor. I'm watching all the kicks, kickoffs, etc. The other one will end up kicking for someone else.

Jackson seeing action Thursday?

Gotten plenty of work. Made up in NO. From reps standpoint hes fine. Got tough decisions elsewhere. Gotta see more of the younger players.

Playing time for JDB and DO?

Dan will basically play the game. Booty did practice today so hopefully he'll see time. Dan needs to play a lot. He has had a good camp. Gotta go out with a bunch of young players and lead them. He is a much better player.

Are these the toughest cuts you've had?

They're always tough. Sitting down with them, its a miserable day. You see them work their tail off and then gotta say no. Part of the game. Treat them with respect. Help them anytime you can. They can be with you again next year.

You ever worried about being cut?

You bet. I dont know how I made it. I played 7-8 plays and they kept me. I was lucky. Game's about opportunities.

What will decision on Briesel and Caldwell come down to?

Both will go head to head. Very close. Both done good things. Will name starter after the game.

One player that you cut that stood out to you/bothers you?

No, they all bother me. Cant say one. Have great convos with them. Had great convo with Fred the other day. I have no doubt Fred should play 11-12 years in this league. Fred and I have had many convos and that was probably the best.

Sounds like it would get easier but the cuts get harder?

No, it get's harder. They give everything they got. Go from possibly thinking of being on the team to where do I go next? Some know, others don't. It's a tough day for them.

No Owen on Thursday?

No, won't see him.

Do you put more pressure on yourself now because of expectations?

I feel the same way if thats what you're asking. Feel no different than my first day here. My expectations are high everytime I go out there. I make sure the work stays the same but expectations for myself and the team never change.

Back