Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Offensive PPG

How many PPG do you think the Texans will end up with at the end of the regular season?

• 30+

• 27-30

• 24-27

• 21-24

• 18-21

Results are only viewable after voting.
Andrew Luck is another good example of a guy who didn't produce as well as expected. & that dude was football smart.

In Luck's case, I thought his coaches were all too happy to let him continue to play like it was rugby & not ask him too develop his game.

Watson... I'm not sold that the Texans have figured out how to help him mature as a QB. I've seen nothing to suggest as much. We can clearly see he isn't. But can't see what they're doing to correct it. & it might be too early to see.

I am impressed that BO'b didn't have a Denny's menu last week either. Hopefully Tim Kelly is the guy to get the most out of Watson.
I don't know.
Rogers and especially Favre don't mind taking hits, trying to buy time.
It may just be that how they want to play the game.

It was much more brutal back then, 20 years ago, when protecting gears were primitive and defenders had total free reigns going after the QBs.

Andrew Luck is another good example of a guy who didn't produce as well as expected. & that dude was football smart.

In Luck's case, I thought his coaches were all too happy to let him continue to play like it was rugby & not ask him too develop his game.

Watson... I'm not sold that the Texans have figured out how to help him mature as a QB. I've seen nothing to suggest as much. We can clearly see he isn't. But can't see what they're doing to correct it. & it might be too early to see.

I am impressed that BO'b didn't have a Denny's menu last week either. Hopefully Tim Kelly is the guy to get the most out of Watson.
I don't really know.

Luck, Rogers, Favre, Big Ben...
Seems like they love playing that throw back style of the old days when defenders had free runs at the QBs (while the protective gears were still primitive).

Luck, Rogers, Favre, Big Ben...
Seems like they love playing that throw back style of the old days when defenders had free runs at the QBs (while the protective gears were still primitive).

See... I don't put Luck in that group. Those guys can dissect defenses (especially Rogers) to a much greater degree than Luck.

See... I don't put Luck in that group. Those guys can dissect defenses (especially Rogers) to a much greater degree than Luck.

Maybe, maybe not.

He had a great third year and then everything went south with all the injuries.

Now, remember that I had said during the draft that I'm not so sure that Luck will have a better career than Wilson.

But I thougt that he was going to be quite good.
The rest would have to depend on the individual situation (coaching/system of support) and how much each of them improve.

It's an Incomplete for me.
(He didn't have a very good Offensive line for the at least the first few years, if I recall correctly.)

Also, they tailored the scheme to the system he played at Stanford and it's a version of the WCO that has a number of specific read(s) on a large number of plays.

You really think people care enough about what you said in the 2018 draft?
No, it was only meant to say that I didn't think people should put him on a pedestal as soon as he was drafted.

It means that I didn't think that he's an automatic HOF like some had thought.
Therefore, it's not at all surprising to me that you didn't put him together with the other QBs.

I was merely comparing their style of play.

And no, it wasn't the 2018 draft.

Back