Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Off season....

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Being at the helm of one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history while also saying that everybody is coming back and everything is fine is unbelievable.

If Houston had an ownership group or anyone in power, this game alone would probably alter the way they felt about O’Brien.

But when you win a coup, you get to just strut around like it doesn’t matter, so kudos, I guess.

Bill O’Brien is bulletproof to everyone but the media, which he will continue to complain about constantly.

txtx

Waterboy
Being at the helm of one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history while also saying that everybody is coming back and everything is fine is unbelievable.

If Houston had an ownership group or anyone in power, this game alone would probably alter the way they felt about O’Brien.

But when you win a coup, you get to just strut around like it doesn’t matter, so kudos, I guess.

Bill O’Brien is bulletproof to everyone but the media, which he will continue to complain about constantly.

Eh, the Houston media just trolls fans and tries to manipulate them. O'Brien's immune to them too.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Why the negativity? You are more than welcome to take a break from the team if you want.... no need to criticize the rest of us who follow the team year-round.
Not criticizing anyone trust me, just find it funny this thread also turned into a debate is all. And I still follow the team, just don't post much until around August.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
He'll get paid $10m next year and then be a free agent the year after.

Give me a rookie deal with upside instead of this mediocre guy who will cost too much
He might turn into a valuable player but when he does the Texans are going to balk at paying him and he's going to GTFO of Dodge for more money and/or a better situation somewhere else just like Mathieu did.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It’s going to be a long offseason. You can best believe there will be a bunch of back and forth arguments. It’s going to be historical around these parts.
Fitting right. Lol

Reactions: ROO

CPTTexan

Waterboy
Tell me who they could draft in the 3rd that's better than Conley?
Diontae Johnson
David Montgomery
Devin Singletary
Terry Mclaurin
Chase Winovich
Will Harris (S)
Bobby Okereke
Mike Edwards (S)

And that was just 2019 3rd Round picks that would have been better.

I'm sure after next draft, I could find roughly the same number of players that would ultimately be better than Conley.

CPTTexan

Waterboy
It’s going to be a long offseason. You can best believe there will be a bunch of back and forth arguments. It’s going to be historical around these parts.
Fitting right. Lol
More like par for the course.
Every year is the same thing....because even when things change....they remain the (mediocre) same.

"But we won the AFC South!" - The rally cry for those who love mediocrity.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Diontae Johnson
David Montgomery
Devin Singletary
Terry Mclaurin
Chase Winovich
Will Harris (S)
Bobby Okereke
Mike Edwards (S)

I'm sure after next draft, I could find roughly the same number of players that would ultimately be better than Conley.
Debatable

What CB?

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Diontae Johnson
David Montgomery
Devin Singletary
Terry Mclaurin
Chase Winovich
Will Harris (S)
Bobby Okereke
Mike Edwards (S)

Can you find them before we pick and tell the Texans please! After is always doable and we miss too many in the third. Kirby needs all the help the crowd sourcing can supply

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
The thread that was used was started right after the win vs. Buffalo. Not even called the 'game day thread', just there was no game day thread to use
We try to avoid starting duplicate threads.

CPTTexan

Waterboy
Debatable

What CB?
You didn't ask which 'CB' could've been picked in your post....although I knew you'd come back with that little nugget.

And the fact that you think it's debatable that a bunch of 3rd round rookies might or might not be better than a 1st round pick from several years ago should tell you that Conley isn't that good. He's not terrible and he certainly helped a disastrously weak defensive backfield, but that's only because they were already disastrously bad to begin with. Almost anyone with a shred of talent could have helped that dumpster fire.

CPTTexan

Waterboy
Can you find them before we pick and tell the Texans please! After is always doable and we miss too many in the third. Kirby needs all the help the crowd sourcing can supply
I would love to have that talent considering a miniscule few have that talent who are involved with pro football. Although, having that 3rd round pick as potential trade up capital would be nice. Now, having the Texans pick the right guy in either scenario is a crapshoot.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If the Texans do stick with O’Brien, it’s imperative that they bring someone in to oversee the personnel side of things.

O’Brien has already raided the team of most of its long-term assets—if the franchise waits much longer, the cupboard will be completely bare when they finally look for a GM.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Damn this thread was made as a goodbye thread for those of us who need a break from this drama queen of a team.... not a debate thread ! Good lord some of you need the break more than me !
You thought this whole fan base was just going to go fishing and not blow the hell up after one of the worst and most humiliating losses in Houston sports history and NFL playoff history? Why would you even think that was a possibility? Fans are out for blood, and I don't blame them.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
If the Texans do stick with O’Brien, it’s imperative that they bring someone in to oversee the personnel side of things.

O’Brien has already raided the team of most of its long-term assets—if the franchise waits much longer, the cupboard will be completely bare when they finally look for a GM.

How do you hire a good GM when he is going to be forced to have OB as a coach and such limited draft assets? That's quite the task.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
You thought this whole fan base was just going to go fishing and not blow the hell up after one of the worst and most humiliating losses in Houston sports history and NFL playoff history? Why would you even think that was a possibility? Fans are out for blood, and I don't blame them.
Oh I stormed about it (still pissed about it), but as fans there is little we can do to change things within the organization.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Well after the heart break the texans just gave me, I think we need to separate for a little bit. This ***** is just to much for me right now. We will try to rekindle this romance/cluster **** in August. Be safe and see you then !
I think I am going to follow this guys lead. It may only last a minute, but man do I need a break.

Especially if nothing is going to change with the GM/HC job.

This franchise is in the running for the worst run franchise in the NFL.

Even the Browns voted on what to do with Kitchens and he was fired even though the GM and owner voted to keep him.

It’s ridiculous how this franchise is being ran.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Offseason?

In about a month the Roughnecks will already been on their second game. I'm not giving this but one Yawn as they might even be entertaining.

Free agent season. Two Yawns

Draft. Two, maybe three Yawns

Preseason. Many Yawns

Regular season. Angry yawns, beer can throwing and wasted pot highs.

badboy

Hall of Fame
He'll get paid $10m next year and then be a free agent the year after.

Give me a rookie deal with upside instead of this mediocre guy who will cost too much
you are confusing Conley contract with Hargreaves. I agreed the latter should be gone.

badboy

Hall of Fame
He might turn into a valuable player but when he does the Texans are going to balk at paying him and he's going to GTFO of Dodge for more money and/or a better situation somewhere else just like Mathieu did.
They did not balk at paying mercilus or Martin and we have no clue if they will balk at paying Watson. They did not balk at paying valuable JJ Watt nor DeAndre Hopkins. You are just crumbling now. As I pointed out you did not verify the player he was talkin about. Conley is signed for 2020.

H_Town_Gaucho

Waterboy
Don't know if he's correct, but according to John McClain nothing is going to change as far as management and coaching goes with the Texans next year in his opinion. Don't know what to think about that. With the Astros crap and the Rockets always burning out in the playoffs I may need to rethink the time wasted supporting them for 2020. I say the same thing every year though....lol. Ah the joys of being a Houston sports fan..