Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

You mean having multiple teams members of my family root for with massive rivalries with Boston teams and stupid, obnoxious, insufferable, insecure, "you're just a hater!" fans isn't enough to hate them? I know an incredible amount of Boston sports fans and they all exhibit the same traits.

I'm glad you think having hate for sports teams is pretty pathetic. I was of the thought that sports are competition and that you hate your rivals. I'm also glad that you're not in charge of determining anything about my hatred for a team or group of teams.

If you think my hatred for Boston sports is crazy, I think you'd probably drop dead if you knew how much I hate the Los Angeles Lakers.

.......anyway, looks like we're going Patriots/Penn State down the board. Can't expect anything less. You hire the guy that comes from the influences of what you want your team to be. Expecting him to not bring "his guys" aboard is foolish. Let's just hope they can win.

Seems you fall subject to some of the description you'd make of the other fans you mention. Yeah you and your family hating other teams is pathetic. Enjoying a rivalry? All good. Really hating other teams? Pathetic. News flash teams do compete but you and your family don't you just watch

Got some Kubiak-ish blame taking in that....

Bill O'Brien said:
If anybody should take heat, it’s Bill O’Brien, not John Butler.

“Well, (that) falls upon me. I call the plays,” O’Brien said. “And certainly, you go into a game like that and you’re playing an offense … that scores a lot of points, you’ve got to score points. So I look in the mirror.

“Certainly, some of the players could have played better … But that starts with me, and the whole game starts with me as the head football coach. Nobody understands that better than me.”

Seems you fall subject to some of the description you'd make of the other fans you mention. Yeah you and your family hating other teams is pathetic. Enjoying a rivalry? All good. Really hating other teams? Pathetic. News flash teams do compete but you and your family don't you just watch

I hope I can find it within myself one day to give even the slightest of ****s about what you think I should feel when I watch sports.

I hope I can find it within myself one day to give even the slightest of ****s about what you think I should feel when I watch sports.

I didn't ask you to give a **** about what I thought. Maybe one day you will grow up and realize that the hate is wasted time and energy

I hate the Utah Jazz and their fans with every fiber in me. :) That hatred keeps me warm at night.

Me too.

Feel the same way about the Titans, and the Colts are slowly reaching that status. The Luck-Hilton-Pagano Colts are so much more unlikable than the Manning-Wayne-Dungy Colts.

Regarding O'Brien, and maybe this has been addressed, I have heard some speculation (almost a foregone assumption) that, like Kubiak, O'Brien will be calling the plays. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was an OC for one year. That's hardly Kubiak pedigree OC. Has it been explicitly stated anywhere that O'Brien will be calling the plays? Did he call the (offensive) plays at Penn State?

There are always those who want change so badly that they throw the baby out with the bathwater.

2-14

I'd say the baby crapped in the bathwater and it needed to be thrown out after the 6-10 2010 season. 8 yrs, started with a 2-14 ended with a 2-14, is that a nice round circle?

Do you think the Texans would've ever won a SB under Gary? The decision to keep Gary back in 2010 set the franchise back atleast 5-7 yrs, if winning a SB is the goal. Agree or disagree?

Me too.

Feel the same way about the Titans, and the Colts are slowly reaching that status. The Luck-Hilton-Pagano Colts are so much more unlikable than the Manning-Wayne-Dungy Colts.

Regarding O'Brien, and maybe this has been addressed, I have heard some speculation (almost a foregone assumption) that, like Kubiak, O'Brien will be calling the plays. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was an OC for one year. That's hardly Kubiak pedigree OC. Has it been explicitly stated anywhere that O'Brien will be calling the plays? Did he call the (offensive) plays at Penn State?

It's kind of hard to hate Luck though. He's just a goony bastard that just looks like he's having fun playing football. Sucks for us that it appears he's pretty damn good and sharp in the brain too (like Peyton. Damnit).

Not sure about the playcalling stuff for O'Brien and whether he did it at Penn State but I think he did (There was an article posted earlier in this thread and I think he was quoted saying he was calling the plays). He did call plays in NE's 2011 year, so there's that but if he wants to do it then I say let him do it till he proves he's incapable.

Me too.

People generally dislike division foes or confrence foes that are consistently better than their favorite team. Jealousy unfortunately is human nature for most.

People generally dislike division foes or confrence foes that are consistently better than their favorite team. Jealousy unfortunately is human nature for most.

I was jealous of the Manning Colts and I never disliked them, and neither the Jazz nor the Titans have been better than the Rockets or Texans respectively.

Those emotions are separate for me. Thanks for the free psychoanalysis, though. It was worth every penny I paid for it.

Me too.

O'Brien started calling plays for the Patriots when McDaniels went to Denver. That means he called plays there for 4 seasons. It's pretty easy to do a google search and find criticism and defense of his play calling at PSU. And prior to joining the Patriots, he'd spent 4 seasons as a college OC (2 with Ga. Tech, and 2 with Duke), so I while I can't say defintively he called plays at either place, but since both teams had HC's with a defensive background, I'd guess there's a pretty good chance he did.

Me too.

I remember the first time I noticed O'Brien during 2011, way before the Brady incident. And I remember thinking that this was a hot coaching prospect. His play callng was inventive and fresh, he was playing chess with the opposing DC.

I like the idea of him calling the plays.

I never hated the Manning Colts. I kind of admired them. My dislike of the Colts is more directed at the franchise and their dumbas$ owner. If any of you follow him on twitter, you know that he's at the very least a weird dude. He lucked into being born to his rich parents and now he lucked into two franchise QB's back to back. That's why I hate the Colts. Andrew Luck is actually fairly likable OTOH.

Yep. I don't hate the Colts because they and their fans don't exhibit the qualities that I hate in teams I hate. I have an admiration for them and want them to DE-STROY New England on Saturday night. I do hate Luck's propensity for flopping to get flags though. He should cut that out.

Hatred is not solely predicated on success or jealousy. There are plenty of reasons to hate someone, something, or some organization. If it was only based on success or jealousy, I wouldn't hate the Raiders, Jets, Cowboys, Chargers, Titans, Jaguars, Jazz, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, Flyers, Ducks, Maple Leafs, Senators, and a whole host of other teams.

One of the things I hate the MOST is when people try to assign THEIR reasons for MY feelings on something.

Yep. I don't hate the Colts because they and their fans don't exhibit the qualities that I hate in teams I hate. I have an admiration for them and want them to DE-STROY New England on Saturday night. I do hate Luck's propensity for flopping to get flags though. He should cut that out.

Hatred is not solely predicated on success or jealousy. There are plenty of reasons to hate someone, something, or some organization. If it was only based on success or jealousy, I wouldn't hate the Raiders, Jets, Cowboys, Chargers, Titans, Jaguars, Jazz, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, Flyers, Ducks, Maple Leafs, Senators, and a whole host of other teams.

One of the things I hate the MOST is when people try to assign THEIR reasons for MY feelings on something.

Do you have a legit reason for hating 15+ sports teams or is it simply they just arent the team you root for? Im sure they never banged your mother or sister, cost you a job, screwed you out of money, killed someone you loved etc. Seems like overzealous fandom

Do you have a legit reason for hating 15+ sports teams or is it simply they just arent the team you root for? Im sure they never banged your mother or sister, cost you a job, screwed you out of money, killed someone you loved etc. Seems like overzealous fandom

Sure, I have legitimate reasons. They may not be legitimate for you, seeing as how you listed the only reasons I can possibly hate a team or a person right there in your post, but I have my reasons. Just like there are plenty of teams I'm plenty cool with that aren't the teams I root for. Teams like the Broncos, Dolphins, 49ers, Packers, Yankees, Giants, Cardinals, Angels, Royals, Pirates, Red Wings, Rangers, Kings, Mavericks, Warriors, and plenty others.

Do your rules for hatred extend to food items too? Or do those have to bang my family, cost me a job, screw me out of money, or kill someone I love as well?

Sure, I have legitimate reasons. They may not be legitimate for you, seeing as how you listed the only reasons I can possibly hate a team or a person right there in your post, but I have my reasons. Just like there are plenty of teams I'm plenty cool with that aren't the teams I root for. Teams like the Broncos, Dolphins, 49ers, Packers, Yankees, Giants, Cardinals, Angels, Royals, Pirates, Red Wings, Rangers, Kings, Mavericks, Warriors, and plenty others.

Do your rules for hatred extend to food items too? Or do those have to bang my family, cost me a job, screw me out of money, or kill someone I love as well?

I didnt list all possible reasons but rather I listed a few. I asked you if you had legit reasons.

Maybe this hate people have for other teams and by connection their fans are the reason why fan on fan violence is becoming more and more common. Well that and alcohol which only fuels irrational hate

2012Champs and TheMatrix31 you guys just need to kiss and get it over with, this tension is killing me!

I didnt list all possible reasons but rather I listed a few. I asked you if you had legit reasons.

Maybe this hate people have for other teams and by connection their fans are the reason why fan on fan violence is becoming more and more common. Well that and alcohol which only fuels irrational hate

Good thing I'm not much of a drinker, then, right? Otherwise I'd be a loose cannon who's gonna go out murdering people because I hate sports teams!

Good thing I'm not much of a drinker, then, right? Otherwise I'd be a loose cannon who's gonna go out murdering people because I hate sports teams!

Well I certainly didn't think you alone were the cause of all the fan on fan violence in the world. You just share a strong irrational emotional response that fuels the problem

Well I certainly didn't think you alone were the cause of all the fan on fan violence in the world. You just share a strong irrational emotional response that fuels the problem

Oh okay bro. I'll let you know when I go kill someone in a parking lot bro.

This thread is why aliens won't land and talk to us. Yall should be ashamed of yourselves, you've destroyed mankind's future in a few simple posts.

This thread is why aliens won't land and talk to us. Yall should be ashamed of yourselves, you've destroyed mankind's future in a few simple posts.

When I look at the thread title I say to myself "No way, Penn State could not turn a man that fast........."

Oh lord

Nah, this can only be settled in the Octagon!

oooorrrrrr....

images

2-14

I'd say the baby crapped in the bathwater and it needed to be thrown out after the 6-10 2010 season. 8 yrs, started with a 2-14 ended with a 2-14, is that a nice round circle?

Do you think the Texans would've ever won a SB under Gary? The decision to keep Gary back in 2010 set the franchise back atleast 5-7 yrs, if winning a SB is the goal. Agree or disagree?

Disagree.

Who determines what is legit and what is not? You?

Back