Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Not in tank mode just yet!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
From a coaching standpoint. These guys are competitive and want to win. No coach likes being associated with 2 or 3 win season or having to stand in a press conference and take these questions every week.
It’s kinda of funny some of the proponents of tanking are also the loudest complaining about the product on the field, or declaring they have better things to do with their time & money

badboy

Hall of Fame
From a coaching standpoint. These guys are competitive and want to win. No coach likes being associated with 2 or 3 win season or having to stand in a press conference and take these questions every week.

From a player's standpoint. You play for another contract. You play a game that on any given play, you can suffer a career or even life threatening injury. What is the point of tanking? For someone else to take your spot next year? For you to be get injured because you are just going through the motions?

IMHO. Tanking can be a long term strategy by an owner or GM. However, the coaches and players live in the short term and are never onboard with tanking.
I agree. The three of us Sunday were very excited and shouting every positive thing. We are still in it to win it!

Why? What will that accomplish? It's the same offense, the same plays.

What needs to happen is putting Mills back into the lineup to work with Collins and Jordan and develop chemistry.
While this is definitely true, Mills clock just seems slow to me. With the limited playbook he can run and this atrocious OL, his chemistry may very well get more developed with the trainers. But there is absolutely no reason to trot Tyrod out there moving forward.

Number19

Hall of Fame
While this is definitely true, Mills clock just seems slow to me. With the limited playbook he can run and this atrocious OL, his chemistry may very well get more developed with the trainers. But there is absolutely no reason to trot Tyrod out there moving forward.
Part of the reason for Mills limited playbook was because he had to be protected from injury. Now that TT is healthy, Mills should be free to be more active and able to take more chances.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I think this is likely, unless the decision is made by Caserio.
If Mills was a first round pick, I could see him come in.
Like Goff and Keenum with the Rams.

But who knows; Caserio may want to view Mills as his first pick and push for it.

On the other hand; this offense is just stagnant with a bad offensive line, old washed up RBs, and not enough fire power at the other skilled positions.

Between Culley and Kelly, the Texans can't put together a good game plan that can give this offense a pulse.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If Mills was a first round pick, I could see him come in.
Like Goff and Keenum with the Rams.

But who knows; Caserio may want to view Mills as his first pick and push for it.

On the other hand; this offense is just stagnant with a bad offensive line, old washed up RBs, and not enough fire power at the other skilled positions.

Between Culley and Kelly, the Texans can't put together a good game plan that can give this offense a pulse.
If I'm Caserio, I'm waiting for Tunsil/Britt to get healthy before I put Mills back in. That should be happening shortly.