Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nobody wins when the family feuds

Photos are a single clip in time. Here is a video of Janice McNair last Oct for Founder's Day. She is seen apparently stabilized against a table while standing. Her speech is good. You can see her left hand fidgetting and repeatedly clenching and opening her fists. This can be seen in many neurologic conditions including dementia (including but not specifically Alzheimer's, stroke and Parkinson's...and can also occur with anxiety.

Now to the still photos posted [the time when this was taken was Aug 17].

View attachment 13418
Her left hand is clenched. But note that her left forearm is tied down to a padded arm rest. Stroke, dementia/Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's all can cause this in time.The tie-down band's purpose could be to control eratic spontaneous movements at the shoulder and/or elbow as seen in Parkinson's or after stroke..................OR.............to counter progressive muscular contractures seen in all of the conditions mentioned above over time.

These classic contractures involve flexion of the wrist, flexion of elbow, and adduction (toward the body) of the shoulder/upper arm. My gues is that in the Oct video, Janice was wearing an elbow extension brace beneath her suit jacket in order to stabilize that joint from contracting or flexing spontaneously as was her fist. [Just as an aside, the lower limbs can also be affected over time] Essentially the contractures caused by all these conditions are felt to be based on the body's/brain's regression in development to time of birth, when babies originally assume the fetal position.

Without examining and gaining access to Janice's test evaluations, l cannot definitively make the exact diagnosis causing her situation. But keep in mind that all of the potential diagnoses do not necessarily mean that cognitive ability has been lost, or even significantly compromised.

I hope that my response gives you at least a basis for understanding the possibilities of what may be going on with Janice. :tiphat:

my experience (pro and personal) just based solely on the pic and the things you pointed out that I immediately saw is on her having had a TIA or something very similar recently. The others now are worried about her workload with the Texans and wanna step in & try to lessen whatever workload she may have with the organization for fear of her getting stressed & her having a more serious & permanent stroke. hands & arms always tell the story for me.

Last edited:
I’ve zero interest in the tabloid soap opera reporting of this story but I do believe that stability in Cals life over the past couple of years has led to much improved decision making for our Texans and am very concerned about the impact such upset may have on that balance.

The Chron doing what media outlets do and find the worst possible photo to publish and Texian brings up Alzheimer's based on that one photo because he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

And for the record, my father had dementia and passed away in a memory care facility at the start of the COVID pandemic. I know what this looks like up close and personal. It's impossible to make that assumption based on a single photo, especially one that was chosen to make her look bad.

Hell, half of this message board is old dudes that light up and stare catatonically into space.
Wait what?

Ah, so now wearing no makeup in public is an indication of a neurological condition. Someone needs to go outside and look at about 70% of females in 2024.

Also note the photo used in the Chron article is from December 2022. Clearly there are more recent photos post here that show her with much more vitality and - most importantly for some people - wearing makeup.
I have no medical degree either, but I would guess if she was having those kinds of issues they wouldn't have her out in public at Texans games and practices. Her having even a minor episode for the world to see wouldn't be a good look for them.

These are pictures from earlier this season at a practice:

View attachment 13412 View attachment 13413
View attachment 13414
View attachment 13416
View attachment 13417

I'm a little confused.

The pictures posted by @xtrTC were taken during the Dolphins/Texans TC practice this past Aug 17.

The question is what happens to Janice's 80%. One would imagine it gets divided equally among the 4 siblings.
Unless specifically prohibited in Bob's will, Janice may have very well changed hers to give Cal the majority interest in the Texans and the rest of the holdings (which are substantial) to the rest of the kids or grandkids. All this speculation is pretty worthless without knowing the wording of Bob's will and Janice's plans/desires

my experience (pro and personal) just based solely on the pic and the things you pointed out that I immediately saw is on her having had a TIA or something very similar recently. The others now are worried about her workload with the Texans and wanna step in & try to lessen whatever workload she may have with the organization for f)ear of her getting stressed & her having a more serious & permanent stroke. hands & arms always tell the story for me.
You certainly are correct that whatever her condition is, stress is likely to make it worse.

For the observations seen in both Aug and Nov, I would have to say that, if she doesn't have a movement disorder caused by Parkinson's or dementia or the like, she would have to have had an overt stroke. TIAs (for those who are not familiar with the abreviation, stands for Transient Ischemic Attack which is a temporary blockage of blood flow to the brain that can temporarily cause stroke-like symptoms/signs) usually last for less than an hour, but almost never greater than 24 hours. Any longer and you are dealing with a stroke. TIAs are considered an acute emergency since when they begin, you can't be sure if they aren't a stroke.........they do not lend themselves for photo or video ops.

Glad to see your ability to twist a narrative to your point of view is still there, makes for fun conversations. In this case CnD never once in his post suggested that she is having contractions in her legs. In fact other than the tie down on the pad he never mentioned the wheelchair at all. "Looking pale with no makeup" brother you just descripted my wife everyday. "Showing no emotion with an empty stare" I realize in your Harry Potter world the pictures move and show emotion but for those in the real world almost every picture we look blank with an empty stare unless we are purposely posing for a camera or happen to be caught at just the right moment. To draw all you did from one picture is silly and you didn't even zero in on the factor, the tied down arm, that CnD did even he said he would need to actually examine and look at test results to do more than guess.
The only thing that I would comment on is that in my post when discussing the possible conditions I did state parenthetically>>>>>

[Just as an aside, the lower limbs can also be affected over time]

Unless specifically prohibited in Bob's will, Janice may have very well changed hers to give Cal the majority interest in the Texans and the rest of the holdings (which are substantial) to the rest of the kids or grandkids. All this speculation is pretty worthless without knowing the wording of Bob's will and Janice's plans/desires

Given that Janice is the majority owner without contestation I would say Bob's will was basically she gets pretty much everything. The fact that Cary is trying to gain guardianship of her and not challenging her ownership tells me that he knows he can't use Bob's will to get what he wants and any money he gets in regards to the Texans is going to have to come through her. My GUESS is that Cary got the investment firn, Janice and later Cal gets the Texans and the the two daughters get a bunch of money.

To those wondering about the timing this might explain it.

Long story short Cary's firm McNair Intersts is dropping a butt ton of money into a new venture. Given that it's a relatively small firm, about 50 employees and about 9.5 million annual revenue, Cary may need cash fast and he sees that 10 billion dollar piggy bank sitting there. Again totally a guess but I would say he is hoping for a buy out on his share of the team and knows by airing dirty laundry it can make that happen faster.

You certainly are correct that whatever her condition is, stress is likely to make it worse.

For the observations seen in both Aug and Nov, I would have to say that, if she doesn't have a movement disorder caused by Parkinson's or dementia or the like, she would have to have had an overt stroke. TIAs (for those who are not familiar with the abreviation, stands for Transient Ischemic Attack which is a temporary blockage of blood flow to the brain that can temporarily cause stroke-like symptoms/signs) usually last for less than an hour, but almost never greater than 24 hours. Any longer and you are dealing with a stroke. TIAs are considered an acute emergency since when they begin, you can't be sure if they aren't a stroke.........they do not lend themselves for photo or video ops.

Don't worry CnD, I'm sure the Texans medical team will be able to identify what's wrong and the proper treatment.

:sarcasm:

Long story short Cary's firm McNair Intersts is dropping a butt ton of money into a new venture. Given that it's a relatively small firm, about 50 employees and about 9.5 million annual revenue, Cary may need cash fast and he sees that 10 billion dollar piggy bank sitting there. Again totally a guess but I would say he is hoping for a buy out on his share of the team and knows by airing dirty laundry it can make that happen faster.
According to the article you too can go back and live your college dorm experiences...

I suspect that the Houston Texans are owned by the McNair Family Trust for tax purposes. Again, I am assuming that Janice has majority control of the Trust and when she passes the McNair Trust will be split equally among the four McNair siblings, 25% a piece.

Maybe not after this. I'm sure changes can be made. Ole Cary may have fucked himself, and not in a good way....

I suspect that the Houston Texans are owned by the McNair Family Trust for tax purposes. Again, I am assuming that Janice has majority control of the Trust and when she passes the McNair Trust will be split equally among the four McNair siblings, 25% a piece.
Don't think that is a fair assumption.

Cal has long been touted as Bob's successor when it comes to the Texans. Pancakes as writing about it several years ago at least. Bob's will clearly gave certain assets to certain family members; Janice and Cal got the Texans, Cary got the fiduciary stuff, etc. The most logical reason for Cary doing this is we wants a piece of whatever the sell price of the team would be.

Curious as to how the NFL will feel about this. Janice still represents the team at owners meetings and Cal sits on a few NFL committees. Both are well respected by the other owners.

Or maybe he just sees his mother is losing her cognitive skills and is no longer capable of making sound decisions and his two sisters may agree. As the fiduciary of the family interests, he is doing what is prudent and responsible as the family fiduciary.

Don't think that is a fair assumption.

Cal has long been touted as Bob's successor when it comes to the Texans. Pancakes as writing about it several years ago at least. Bob's will clearly gave certain assets to certain family members; Janice and Cal got the Texans, Cary got the fiduciary stuff, etc. The most logical reason for Cary doing this is we wants a piece of whatever the sell price of the team would be.

Curious as to how the NFL will feel about this. Janice still represents the team at owners meetings and Cal sits on a few NFL committees. Both are well respected by the other owners.
What is fair? What about Ruth and Melissa? If the McNair Estate is worth $10 billion, could they not want their $2.5 billion while they are still relatively young? Cal is not an owner of the Texans and that is probably by design. An officer of the organization, yes, an owner, no. I think most parents would want their estate divided equally among their children.

Maybe the other siblings are displeased with Cal for the amount of money Cal has pissed away in the last 3 years.

Last edited:
I think Sandman is saying the Chron picture is from December 2022 almost a full year before the pictures I posted from August 2023.
Thanks, that makes sense.:tiphat:

In that picture, I believe that the wheelchair has a vinyl arm trough articulated attachment used to stabilize a paralyzed arm or an arm that would otherwise show spontaneous involuntary movements.

Or maybe he just sees his mother is losing her cognitive skills and is no longer capable of making sound decisions and his two sisters may agree. As the fiduciary of the family interests, he is doing what is prudent and responsible as the family fiduciary.
Interesting that we know how everyone but the two sisters think. I would have thought good reporting would have asked?

Thanks, that makes sense.:tiphat:

In that picture, I believe that the wheelchair has a vinyl arm trough articulated attachment used to stabilize a paralyzed arm or an arm that would otherwise show spontaneous involuntary movements.
Did your Insider contacts give you any hints that this family division may be bubbling?

Perhaps Janice and Hannah cooked this up to provide more public attention. Something that bad attention is better than no attention.

What is fair? What about Ruth and Melissa? If the McNair Estate is worth $10 billion, could they not want their $2.5 billion while they are still relatively young? Cal is not an owner of the Texans and that is probably by design. An officer of the organization, yes, an owner, no. I think most parents would want their estate divided equally among their children.

Maybe the other siblings are displeased with Cal for the amount of money Cal has pissed away in the last 3 years.

I'm not sure how you keep drawing your conclusions other than your well documented hatred for the McNairs and pretty much anything they do. First this idea that what Bob wanted is the end all, be all that seems to be floating around. Bob was the face and voice of the franchise, like Cal is now, but Janice co-founded Cogen Technologies, which they sold to make their first windfall of money, and then co-founded the Texans with Bob. In other words she was a joint owner and any decisions about the team and who would take it over after both of them are gone have to be approved by her. This argument about her being mentally compromised makes zero sense seeing as she just represented the Texans at the NFL owners meetings and she is able to file against him receiving guardianship. As far as the kids wanting their share as you implied so what if the kids want some of the estate, legally its not their money its Janice's and she doesn't have to give anything to anyone. Likewise it doesn't matter at all if they are displeased with Cal because frankly its still none of their business since any of those decisions would ultimately have to be approved by Janice.

Oh by the way during those 3 years where Cal "pissed away" money. Texans saw a growth of value from 3.3 billion (2020) to 5.5 billion (2023) according to Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/houston-texans/?sh=7b484c901ced

If thats how Cal pisses away money then I wish he'd piss away some of my money to.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you keep drawing your conclusions other than your well documented hatred for the McNairs and pretty much anything they do.
Objectively as I can and without malice. The fact that you are biased in all of your opinions (Kool-Aid will do that to you) you see everything as a negative when you are not getting Texans smoke blown up your Hiney. :)

Did your Insider contacts give you any hints that this family division may be bubbling?
Cary has evidently been quite unhappy with his return from the McNair affairs. This from what little I've heard is virtually a blackmail attempt to ensure access to a big chunk of $$$. He has not evidently kept up with his responsibilities in his fiduciary and operating duties as the CEO of McNair Interests, the family company.........going as far as disclosing confidential personal and financial information about them in his Nov. 27 application (which is now is technically public record) for appointment of permanent guardianship of his mother and her estate.

In Texas, the guardian of the person is responsible for providing care, supervision, food, clothing, medical treatment (including life and death decisions), and shelter for their ward. The guardian of the estate is responsible for managing the property and financial affairs of their ward...............In other words, Cary wants it all...........now.........

Texas makes a big difference between disability and incompacity. Disability is not the same as incapacity. A person can have a disability without being incapacitated. This seems the case with Janice McNair.
If this guardianship does come to be, the future of the Texans is.................:choke:

Cary has evidently been quite unhappy with his return from the McNair affairs. This from what little I've heard is virtually a blackmail attempt to ensure access to a big chunk of $$$. He has not evidently kept up with his responsibilities in his fiduciary and operating duties as the CEO of McNair Interests, the family company.........going as far as disclosing confidential personal and financial information about them in his Nov. 27 application (which is now is technically public record) for appointment of permanent guardianship of his mother and her estate.

In Texas, the guardian of the person is responsible for providing care, supervision, food, clothing, medical treatment (including life and death decisions), and shelter for their ward. The guardian of the estate is responsible for managing the property and financial affairs of their ward...............In other words, Cary wants it all...........now.........

Texas makes a big difference between disability and incompacity. Disability is not the same as incapacity. A person can have a disability without being incapacitated. This seems the case with Janice McNair.
If this guardianship does come to be, the future of the Texans is.................:choke:
Do you know who the attorneys are for each side? Thank you again for your input.

Everything has been going well this season and hope for the future has been high, he pretty much disappeared and hasn't posted anything once the CJ S2 theory dried up... first hint of controversy or bad news and.... Texian like...

View attachment 13426
A, no sir, I have been right here saying this could happen for five years. Kool Aid asked me a question and I responded. It would have been rude not to have. Of course, as soon as I answered the question the Kool-Aid Brigade started going batslitz crazy.

Perhaps Janice and Hannah cooked this up to provide more public attention. Something that bad attention is better than no attention.
Doubtful, it appears Cary wants his piece of the 6 billion dollar pie and he wants it now.

What it also appears is Cary is short of cash on the project that was mentioned above and Janice/Cal aren't willing to fund said project. Which BOB probably has done in the past. Just a guess.

Or maybe..... just maybe he is just like the rest of the world where money is behind his "good intentions". That is the most likely scenario.

Not all birds that fly over head are vultures.

But, if someone is perceived as weak, or at least, weaker than they were when they would have put up a solid fight.... most likely it's a dirty little vulture looking to pick someone clean.

Especially if that weaker state is someone with billions.

I don't want people to suffer, so if she needs help I hope she receives it. IF this is just motivated by money as it most usually is when billions are involved, I hope it fails miserably.

On a selfish note, I also hope this doesn't derail the team, considering it really does look like we finally did get on the right track.

Not all birds that fly over head are vultures.

But, if someone is perceived as weak, or at least, weaker than they were when they would have put up a solid fight.... most likely it's a dirty little vulture looking to pick someone clean.

Especially if that weaker state is someone with billions.

I don't want people to suffer, so if she needs help I hope she receives it. IF this is just motivated by money as it most usually is when billions are involved, I hope it fails miserably.

On a selfish note, I also hope this doesn't derail the team, considering it really does look like we finally did get on the right track.
If Mrs McNair truly needs this, it seems like Cal would be supporting his brother. Has anyone heard of any discord between the two brothers historically?

If Mrs McNair truly needs this, it seems like Cal would be supporting his brother. Has anyone heard of any discord between the two brothers historically?
There is the assumption that Cal is innocent here.

Do I believe its about money? Yes.

Knowing next to nothing about what takes place in their lives I am not fit to judge either side as to who is wrong and who needs what.

I can only naturally assume it is about money, cause the world has conditioned me to see that it likely is greed, because it so often is. However, there are those that need help and not everyone that attempts guardianship over their parent does so out of greed... even though greed tends to be the most common motivator. IF everyone seeking guardianship IS doing so out of greed rather than love and care then the system is even more pathetically broken than I have always assumed.

I don't believe that Cal is the bad guy here, but, he is just as susceptible to greed as anyone in this world so it could also be he was the suck up thinking he would get more. Could be that if she is under guardianship his control is effected. I don't believe it to be the case, but it is possible.

Which is why, whichever direction this drama takes, I hope it is judged rightly by those with more discernment and wisdom than I.

When my grandmother comes down from Oklahoma to visit we take her out in a wheelchair. Not because he can't think for herself, not because she can't walk its because she is an 85 year old woman and walking long distances especially outside is a stress and strain she doesn't need. Janice McNair is 87 and a billionaire, if I was an 87 year old, or hell any age, billionaire I'd have someone pushing me around all day to, preferably a playboy model.

Are you sure you want a present-day Playboy model wheeling you around????

211004-bretman-rock-playboy-cover-se-133p-2f1f1a.jpg

Cal was part of building this franchise. He was always his dad's partner in all of their business ventures. Accusing him of greed about his life's work seems speculative at best. He helped build it and has consistently worked at it, obviously even improving as he goes. Why would it be greed to protect that from his perspective?

Meanwhile, his never-heard-of-brother comes in NOW and wants his piece of the pie??

C'mon, we're grown men here, this is so obvious. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, yada yada yada. . .

#Occamsrazor

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Cal was part of building this franchise. He was always his dad's partner in all of their business ventures. Accusing him of greed about his life's work seems speculative at best. He helped build it and has consistently worked at it, obviously even improving as he goes. Why would it be greed to protect that from his perspective?

Meanwhile, his never-heard-of-brother comes in NOW and wants his piece of the pie??

C'mon, we're grown men here, this is so obvious. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, yada yada yada. . .

#Occamsrazor

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Cary the duck. Quack Quack!

Looking good Mrs. McNair.

John with the win.

Not a McClain fan normally but this was well thought out and well timed. It will make for excellent evidence for a neutral third party who is also a well known, long time journalist to publicly say how sharp she is. Both McClain and Janice knew exactly what they were doing.

Fact is Cal, as much as we joke, is not an idiot and Janice was doing business at a high level long before she crapped out Cary. There is also the factor that finacally both her and Cal can throw more money at this than Cary can.

So the whole Cary lawsuit thing, I’m told, is an attempt to get some sort of limiting budget in place for how money is spent on the Texans organization.

Cal has always been open wallet for most anything Texans upgrade, football requests especially. Janice is like Cal, she’ll spend on the team and supports Cal doing so. (For instance, some players complained about the showerheads recently. Cal made the call and had them all upgraded ASAP.)

Cary and whoever else is with him see Cal as wrecklessly spending their future inheritance, and they want to limit that. Unfortunately you see this often with siblings and a big asset parent on the decline. Recently a family I’ve known for years forced widower Mom out of her 12,000 square foot house and grounds (that is very expensive to keep up properly) and into highrise assisted living. Mom wanted to die in her house.

Back