Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nobody wins when the family feuds

Cal McNair Siblings: Cary McNair, Ruth Smith, Melissa Reichert
Bob & Janice had 3 other children besides Cal so how come none of them is apparently coming in with their hand out saying
"I want the cash now".
Do we ever hear anything about Cal's siblings ? I haven't. And they aren't youngsters, because you know Cal is like 60.
I mean if I'm one of those kids or a spouse I'm like "damn lets get some of those green backs now honey,and have a blast because we ain't get any younger."
Anyway it just seems to me that at some point someone would come in and push for a liquidation ?

Cary must have read your post.

I actually surprised by this, getting the courts to appoint an adult guardian is a very difficult sell particularly when the person is mentally competent enough to challenge the filing themselves. The other thing even if he wins then the court may not even appoint him as guardian considering the objections to him being guardian that would be raised by the rest of the family including Janice herself.

Where's @Texian he's been anticipating a family rift for a few years now.
I'm here. I thought if this was going to happen, 5 years after Bob's death was the possible timeframe. Robert Cary Jr and the other siblings probably want their piece of the pie in cash (the basis for my prediction).....and so it begins. Not a fortune teller, just a basic understanding of how humans often behave when it comes to money being involved. If Robert Jr becomes guardian, then I expect the Texans to be sold. Why else would he go to all of this trouble and be a family disruptor? My guess is the other siblings might be in Robert's corner and Janice may have some signs of incapacitation. Another guess is if the court finds in favor of guardianship, Robert Cary Jr will be appointed guardian since Cal has cast his lot with Jancie (another possible tell what this is all about).

Last edited:
How is Janice doing?
The picture of her sitting in the wheelchair, she does not look well. Sitting in a wheelchair suggests Janice may have a mobility issue. She looks pale and without makeup. She looks emotionless with a blank stare often associated with Alzheimer's. Again I'm guessing, Janice may have some degree of dementia or Alzheimer's. For those of you who are already questioning my medical degree, I have none, but my mom died from Alzheimer's, so I am familiar with many of the characteristics of the disease. Maybe @CloakNNNdagger may want to weigh in?

Isn't this the sort of move by Cary where failure is not an option? I mean it seems like being denied this by the court is the fastest possible way to then get cut out of the will.
I bet there is a trust that Bob created that would prevent any sibling rivalry so Janice wouldn't have to worry about anything as far as the family loot. Now if she is the executor/trustee of said trust that could get screwy.

I bet there is a trust that Bob created that would prevent any sibling rivalry so Janice wouldn't have to worry about anything as far as the family loot. Now if she is the executor/trustee of said trust that could get screwy.

Right but I am sure that if there is a trust that Janice is executor/trustee there is someone named to make decisions on her behalf if she cannot because of her mental abilities.

We peasants do that. I am sure the billionaires do that too.

By the look of her sitting in the wheelchair, she does not look well. She looks pale and without makeup. She looks emotionless with a blank stare often associated with Alzheimer's. Again I'm guessing, Janice may have some degree of dementia or Alzheimer's. For those of you who are already questioning my medical degree, I have none, but my mom died from Alzheimer's, so I am familiar with many of the characteristics of the disease. Maybe @CloakNNNdagger may want to weigh in?

I have no medical degree either, but I would guess if she was having those kinds of issues they wouldn't have her out in public at Texans games and practices. Her having even a minor episode for the world to see wouldn't be a good look for them.

These are pictures from earlier this season at a practice:

1704901178681.png 1704901218271.png
1704901255443.png
1704901377384.png
1704901417166.png

Attachments

• 1704901347265.png
    1704901347265.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
I have no medical degree either, but I would guess if she was having those kinds of issues they wouldn't have her out in public at Texans games and practices. Her having even a minor episode for the world to see wouldn't be a good look for them.

These are pictures from earlier this season at a practice:

View attachment 13412 View attachment 13413
View attachment 13414
View attachment 13416
View attachment 13417
Alzheimer's and dementia are degenerative diseases. They can move quickly, or they can progress slowly. Janice is in a wheelchair in each of your pictures. It also looks like she has a curled hand, which could be a sign of a stroke or Parkinson's. @CloakNNNdagger where are you?

Last edited:
The Chron doing what media outlets do and find the worst possible photo to publish and Texian brings up Alzheimer's based on that one photo because he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

And for the record, my father had dementia and passed away in a memory care facility at the start of the COVID pandemic. I know what this looks like up close and personal. It's impossible to make that assumption based on a single photo, especially one that was chosen to make her look bad.

Hell, half of this message board is old dudes that light up and stare catatonically into space.

When my grandmother comes down from Oklahoma to visit we take her out in a wheelchair. Not because he can't think for herself, not because she can't walk its because she is an 85 year old woman and walking long distances especially outside is a stress and strain she doesn't need. Janice McNair is 87 and a billionaire, if I was an 87 year old, or hell any age, billionaire I'd have someone pushing me around all day to, preferably a playboy model.

I imagine (not evidence for this, at all) that the current McNair family will has the team going solely to Cal upon Janice's passing, as he has been the only one to show any interest in it; but Cary and the rest of this siblings saw the Commanders sell for 6.05 billion this year and now want a piece of that pie.

The problem for Cary will be there are laws that govern how you manage the assets of someone whom you hold guardianship over. My son has no assets but we are still interviewed/inspected every year and have to provided records of how we managed his benefits. I imagine the lawyers available to both sides are more than capable of making this a fight that neither side wins. A settlement that redistributes the estate to give Cal the team and the rest a larger chunk of the other assets in the Bob's estate seem like the easiest solution. But than again 6 BILLION dollars is a chunk and a half of change.

Last edited:
When my grandmother comes down from Oklahoma to visit we take her out in a wheelchair. Not because he can't think for herself, not because she can't walk its because she is an 85 year old woman and walking long distances especially outside is a stress and strain she doesn't need. Janice McNair is 87 and a billionaire, if I was an 87 year old, or hell any age, billionaire I'd have someone pushing me around all day to, preferably a playboy model.

No, wheelchairs mean you are mentally incapacitated. Get with the narrative.

I imagine (not evidence for this, at all) that the current McNair family will has the team going solely to Cal upon Janice's passing, as he has been the only one to show any interest in it; but Cary and the rest of this siblings saw the Commanders sell for 6.05 billion this year and now want a piece of that pie.

The problem for Cary will be there are laws that govern how you manage the assets of someone whom you hold guardianship over. My son has no assets but we are still interviewed/inspected every year and have to provided records of how we managed his benefits. I imagine the lawyers available to both sides are more than capable of making this a fight that neither side wins. A settlement that redistributes the estate to give Cal the team and the rest a larger chunk of the other assets in the Bob's estate seem like the easiest solution. But than again 6 BILLION dollars is a chunk and a half of change.
I suspect that the Houston Texans are owned by the McNair Family Trust for tax purposes. Again, I am assuming that Janice has majority control of the Trust and when she passes the McNair Trust will be split equally among the four McNair siblings, 25% a piece.

No, wheelchairs mean you are mentally incapacitated. Get with the narrative.
You're right, I should have realized a wheelchair and lack of physical mobility are fail proof signs of being mentally incapacitated. Oh an unrelated note I watched a very interesting documentary on Stephen Hawking recently.
"Sitting in a wheelchair suggests Janice may have a mobility issue." What part of a mobility issue do you not understand? How do you confuse mobility issues with being mentally incapacitated? I guess it is more fun to overreact and imagine something different than what was said. Or maybe we are dealing with being reading comprehension challenged, which does not require the use of a wheelchair.

I suspect that the Houston Texans are owned by the McNair Family Trust for tax purposes. Again, I am assuming that Janice has majority control of the Trust and when she passes the McNair Trust will be split equally among the four McNair siblings, 25% a piece.
Houston NFL Holdings is on all the paperwork, and Janice (solely) owns 80% of that, and rightfully serves as the senior chair. Cal runs everything on the day-to-day side, as we all know, but (and I didn't know this) Janice represents the team at all of the owner meetings, which kind of dampens the argument that she isn't mentally capable. Like Jerry Jones, Bob seems to have kept his franchise ownership separate from the rest of this business dealings.

"Sitting in a wheelchair suggests Janice may have a mobility issue." What part of a mobility issue do you not understand? How do you confuse mobility issues with being mentally incapacitated? I guess it is more fun to overreact and imagine something different than what was said. Or maybe we are dealing with being reading comprehension challenged, which does not require the use of a wheelchair.

If you are going to quote yourself make sure you do the entire thing.

The picture of her sitting in the wheelchair, she does not look well. Sitting in a wheelchair suggests Janice may have a mobility issue. She looks pale and without makeup. She looks emotionless with a blank stare often associated with Alzheimer's. Again I'm guessing, Janice may have some degree of dementia or Alzheimer's. For those of you who are already questioning my medical degree, I have none, but my mom died from Alzheimer's, so I am familiar with many of the characteristics of the disease. Maybe @CloakNNNdagger may want to weigh in?

Alzheimer's and dementia are degenerative diseases. They can move quickly, or they can progress slowly. Janice is in a wheelchair in each of your pictures. It also looks like she has a curled hand, which could be a sign of a stroke or Parkinson's. @CloakNNNdagger where are you?

Don't try and split hairs and say you were making two separate observations because you clearly implied that her being in a wheelchair was a sign of reduced mental state.

Houston NFL Holdings is on all the paperwork, and Janice (solely) owns 80% of that, and rightfully serves as the senior chair. Cal runs everything on the day-to-day side, as we all know, but (and I didn't know this) Janice represents the team at all of the owner meetings, which kind of dampens the argument that she isn't mentally capable. Like Jerry Jones, Bob seems to have kept his franchise ownership separate from the rest of this business dealings.
Houston Texans Holdings, L.P. is a limited partnership. That gives them protection against estate (death) taxes. The other 20% are minority owners. Cal is an officer but is not an owner. Janice has represented the Texans since Bob died. The question is what happens to Janice's 80%. One would imagine it gets divided equally among the 4 siblings.

Photos are a single clip in time. Here is a video of Janice McNair last Oct for Founder's Day. She is seen apparently stabilized against a table while standing. Her speech is good. You can see her left hand fidgetting and repeatedly clenching and opening her fists. This can be seen in many neurologic conditions including dementia (including but not specifically Alzheimer's, stroke and Parkinson's...and can also occur with anxiety.

Now to the still photos posted [the time when this was taken was Aug 17].

1704912263497.png
Her left hand is clenched. But note that her left forearm is tied down to a padded arm rest. Stroke, dementia/Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's all can cause this in time.The tie-down band's purpose could be to control eratic spontaneous movements at the shoulder and/or elbow as seen in Parkinson's or after stroke..................OR.............to counter progressive muscular contractures seen in all of the conditions mentioned above over time.

These classic contractures involve flexion of the wrist, flexion of elbow, and adduction (toward the body) of the shoulder/upper arm. My gues is that in the Oct video, Janice was wearing an elbow extension brace beneath her suit jacket in order to stabilize that joint from contracting or flexing spontaneously as was her fist. [Just as an aside, the lower limbs can also be affected over time] Essentially the contractures caused by all these conditions are felt to be based on the body's/brain's regression in development to time of birth, when babies originally assume the fetal position.

Without examining and gaining access to Janice's test evaluations, l cannot definitively make the exact diagnosis causing her situation. But keep in mind that all of the potential diagnoses do not necessarily mean that cognitive ability has been lost, or even significantly compromised.

I hope that my response gives you at least a basis for understanding the possibilities of what may be going on with Janice. :tiphat:

Last edited:

Don't try and split hairs and say you were making two separate observations because you clearly implied that her being in a wheelchair was a sign of reduced mental state.
Let me see if I can explain this so a 3rd grader can understand. Sitting in a wheelchair may suggest there may be mobility problems. Looking pale with no makeup in public, showing no emotion with an empty stare could indicate a neurological problem. One could be a mobility problem (the wheelchair), the other (personal appearance) could be a neurological problem. As CnD just suggested if Janice is experiencing similar contractions in her legs as she is with her left arm and hand, then yes being in a wheelchair may be due to a neurological disorder.

Last edited:
Cary must have read your post.

The picture of her sitting in the wheelchair, she does not look well. Sitting in a wheelchair suggests Janice may have a mobility issue. She looks pale and without makeup. She looks emotionless with a blank stare often associated witwwhichh Alzheimer's. Again I'm guessing, Janice may have some degree of dementia or Alzheimer's. For those of you who are already questioning my medical degree, I have none, but my mom died from Alzheimer's, so I am familiar with many of the characteristics of the disease. Maybe @CloakNNNdagger may want to weigh in?
Which is it, are you a doctor or an attorney ?

Photos are a single clip in time. Here is a video of Janice McNair last Oct for Founder's Day. She is seen apparently stabilized against a table while standing. Her speech is good. You can see her left hand fidgetting and repeatedly clenching and opening her fists. This can be seen in many neurologic conditions including dementia (including but not specifically Alzheimer's, stroke and Parkinson's...and can also occur with anxiety.

Now to the still photos posted [the time when this was taken was Aug 17].

View attachment 13418
Her left hand is clenched. But note that her left forearm is tied down to a padded arm rest. Stroke, dementia/Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's all can cause this in time.The tie-down band's purpose could be to control eratic spontaneous movements at the shoulder and/or elbow as seen in Parkinson's or after stroke..................OR.............to counter progressive muscular contractures seen in all of the conditions mentioned above over time.

These classic contractures involve flexion of the wrist, flexion of elbow, and adduction (toward the body) of the shoulder/upper arm. My gues is that in the Oct video, Janice was wearing an elbow extension brace beneath her suit jacket in order to stabilize that joint from contracting or flexing spontaneously as was her fist. [Just as an aside, the lower limbs can also be affected over time] Essentially the contractures caused by all these conditions are felt to be based on the body's/brain's regression in development to time of birth, when babies originally assume the fetal position.

Without examining and gaining access to Janice's test evaluations, l cannot definitively make the exact diagnosis causing her situation. But keep in mind that all of the potential diagnoses do not necessarily mean that cognitive ability has been lost, or even significantly compromised.

I hope that my response gives you at least a basis for understanding the possibilities of what may be going on with Janice. :tiphat:
Yes, very much so. Thank you.

What we all know is that this is about money. Maybe the other siblings want to sell? Maybe they just want control to leverage the franchise's value in order to buy something else? The desired end game is what no one knows.
Absolutely because one or more of the siblings may not give a crap about the Texans, maybe not even football or any type of sports for that matter.

Ah, so now wearing no makeup in public is an indication of a neurological condition. Someone needs to go outside and look at about 70% of females in 2024.

Also note the photo used in the Chron article is from December 2022. Clearly there are more recent photos post here that show her with much more vitality and - most importantly for some people - wearing makeup.

So changing subjects, who would be potential buyers of the Houston Texans? Are there any rumblings of a group or very wealthy Houston billionaire that would want to buy them? I'm sure Fertitta will be in the mix, but I doubt he can come up with the 5 billion to do it.

So changing subjects, who would be potential buyers of the Houston Texans? Are there any rumblings of a group or very wealthy Houston billionaire that would want to buy them? I'm sure Fertitta will be in the mix, but I doubt he can come up with the 5 billion to do it.

As a meddling owner of the Rockets and a meddling alumnus/benefactor of UofH, I would not want him as the Texans owner.

Let me see if I can explain this so a 3rd grader can understand. Sitting in a wheelchair may suggest there may be mobility problems. Looking pale with no makeup in public, showing no emotion with an empty stare could indicate a neurological problem. One could be a mobility problem (the wheelchair), the other (personal appearance) could be a neurological problem. As CnD just suggested if Janice is experiencing similar contractions in her legs as she is with her left arm and hand, then yes being in a wheelchair may be due to a neurological disorder.

Glad to see your ability to twist a narrative to your point of view is still there, makes for fun conversations. In this case CnD never once in his post suggested that she is having contractions in her legs. In fact other than the tie down on the pad he never mentioned the wheelchair at all. "Looking pale with no makeup" brother you just descripted my wife everyday. "Showing no emotion with an empty stare" I realize in your Harry Potter world the pictures move and show emotion but for those in the real world almost every picture we look blank with an empty stare unless we are purposely posing for a camera or happen to be caught at just the right moment. To draw all you did from one picture is silly and you didn't even zero in on the factor, the tied down arm, that CnD did even he said he would need to actually examine and look at test results to do more than guess.

Its not just that, the NFL would have to approve any new buyer and Cal isn't just CEO of the Texans but he also chairs the NFL Audit Committee and sits on the NFL Investment Committee. The McNairs have actually dug pretty deep into the inner workings of the NFL and Cal is highly respected within the league.

Tillman was one of the last handful in contention for the Washington franchise. I’m sure he could find the $$$ to buy the Texans.

Back