Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Kraft didn't mention Belichick or Caserio when he said the last few years. And Kraft said he didn't feel like they'd done the greatest job the last few years. He didn't say they sucked, or they failed, he said it wasn't the greatest job, probably meant an adequate job as they did win the SB in '15, '17 and '19. I don't think you can indite anyone in any department when you win 3 SBs in 5 years.
But that's me connecting the dots with the job they did drafting the players and the 3 SBs they won in that period.
When someone is quoting for truth, I don't need them paraphrasing a quote to suit their agenda, rather simply supply the quote verbatim and allow me (or the reader) to dissect the quote as they see fit.

But you saying "The 10 years Caserio was setting the draft table for Belichick was the worst performing 10 years under Belichick according to Bob Kraft"....that's nowhere near what was said in the article.
He said a few years, not 10 years.
He said not the greatest, he didn't say the worst.
He said "we" didn't do the greatest job, he didn't say Bill and Nick.
End of story

…….not to mention, if Caserio was the one screwing up the Patriots drafts…..how in the hail does Belichick let him stick around for even 2 drafts much less 10 drafts. If Belichick or Kraft felt Caserio was the one crapping on their drafts, his arse would’ve been looking for a new job….not threatening Bob McNair with tampering charges b/c he was trying to lure him away from NE.

Kraft didn't mention Belichick or Caserio when he said the last few years. And Kraft said he didn't feel like they'd done the greatest job the last few years. He didn't say they sucked, or they failed, he said it wasn't the greatest job, probably meant an adequate job as they did win the SB in '15, '17 and '19. I don't think you can indite anyone in any department when you win 3 SBs in 5 years.
But that's me connecting the dots with the job they did drafting the players and the 3 SBs they won in that period.
When someone is quoting for truth, I don't need them paraphrasing a quote to suit their agenda, rather simply supply the quote verbatim and allow me (or the reader) to dissect the quote as they see fit.

But you saying "The 10 years Caserio was setting the draft table for Belichick was the worst performing 10 years under Belichick according to Bob Kraft"....that's nowhere near what was said in the article.
He said a few years, not 10 years.
He said not the greatest, he didn't say the worst.
He said "we" didn't do the greatest job, he didn't say Bill and Nick.
End of story

Great response.

Kinda akin to taking someone to the woodshed.. :slapfight:

:coffee:

Let's forget what Caserio did in New England and even what he's done thus far in Houston. This has to be the Texans draft. They have to own this. They have the most draft capital, by far. They probably won't be drafting this high, and if they are Nick is out of a job. No excuses, the Texans have to win this draft.

Great response.

Kinda akin to taking someone to the woodshed.. :slapfight:

Or being completely blinded from falling in love and building a nest in Nickie's jock. That's the only way you see Caserio as a genius for hiring David Culley and inventing the term Bridge Coach, drafting Davis Mills, trading up to draft Nico Collins, drafting Stingley, trading back with Philly passing on Jordan Davis to draft Kenyon Green. Using 3 draft picks to trade up to draft John Metchie (passing on George Pickens and Skyy Moore) and (trading away a 5th RD to move up 5 spots) to draft Christian Harris. This kind of infatuated thinking doesn't even get you to average and ordinary. So as it applies to this draft, based on history, you can bet Caserio will trade away 5 draft picks to move up for players who would have been available without having to trade up.

Last edited:
Or being completely blinded from falling in love and building a nest in Nickie's jock. That's the only way you see Caserio as a genius for hiring David Culley and inventing the term Bridge Coach, drafting Davis Mills, trading up to draft Nico Collins, drafting Stingley, trading back with Philly passing on Jordan Davis to draft Kenyon Green. Using 3 draft picks to trade up to draft John Metchie (passing on George Pickens and Skyy Moore) and (trading away a 5th RD to move up 5 spots) to draft Christian Harris. This kind of infatuated thinking doesn't even get you to average and ordinary. So as it applies to this draft, based on history, you can bet Caserio will trade away 5 draft picks to move up for players who would have been available without having to trade up.

That is my worry too. I don't like the way he handles FA, and I don't like when he trades up for guys that aren't special or standout in some way. Metchie was a pretty good prospect but not worth a trade up. Same with Harris. I did like the trade down in the first round, but I didn't like how he used the picks he got from it.

All in all, he's a C- in my book for his tenure. I've liked some of what he's done, and he handled the Watson trade reasonably well, but not perfectly.

I'm willing to give him the rest of this season and next if I'm Cal. I see what he does with the Watson bounty and the most cap space in the league next year. If we get a bunch of ST players, and over the hill vets on short term deals and he continues to waste draft capital like he did last year, he gets the hook and I start fresh in 25 while keeping Ryans around.

The NFL has hit them across Ed the head with tampering. That part is holding them accountable.

Yeah, in theory, but it was pocket change for billionaires.

Facilitator = Nick Cliche Caserio.

He works for the McNairs, and there have been too many stories to count regarding their meddling ways.

We really have no idea of how much power Nick really holds within the franchise. He hasn't picked a HC after three hires. That's the McNairs. And according to many, he's been ordered to allow the HC to make picks in the draft. In this draft, it might be an owner decision with the 2nd pick considering this franchise's history.

I know it's easy to blame one dude and it allows the simpleton narrative. But this is a boardroom organization - always has been - and the owners are directly involved with every aspect of the franchise. At the end of the day, Nick is a messenger for the true facilitators - THE OWNERS. His role is to ask "how high?" when they tell him to jump.

You seem to have a fetish with Caserio's jock? :spit:

No, I was specifically talking about what Kraft said about the Patriots' drafts the last few years Caserio was responsible for setting them up. Anything other than that is your interpretation. Please, I wish you would just try to get it right and stop putting words in my mouth and keep my wife's name out of your F'ing mouth.

So here he is a glorified water boy or just a 'file clerk' as you like to say, but in NE he was telling Belichick who to draft. Riiiggghhhttt.

So here he is a glorified water boy or just a 'file clerk' as you like to say, but in NE he was telling Belichick who to draft. Riiiggghhhttt.

If Caserio drafted Stingley because Lovie told him to, then he might be a dumbass. If Caserio drafted Stingley because that's who Caserio wanted, then he might be a dumbass. If Caserio drafted Stingley because he was told to from above, then it doesn't matter, we're screwed comin' and goin'.

So, in other words, Caserio is either a dumbass or we're screwed. It's over. I proved the futility of it all.

If Caserio drafted Stingley because Lovie told him to, then he might be a dumbass. If Caserio drafted Stingley because that's who Caserio wanted, then he might be a dumbass. If Caserio drafted Stingley because he was told to from above, then it doesn't matter, we're screwed comin' and goin'.

So, in other words, Caserio is either a dumbass or we're screwed. It's over. I proved the futility of it all.

Mods, please close this thread...

What part of setting the table do you not understand? Hint: He set the table exactly the way Belichick instructed him. He made sure scouting reports were completed correctly before he filed them. Yes he was a glorified secretary. Just like all of the failed Belichick assistants who went before him. You would think owners would figure out the last person you would want to hire is a Belichik assistant.

What part of setting the table do you not understand? Hint: He set the table exactly the way Belichick instructed him. He made sure scouting reports were completed correctly before he filed them. Yes he was a glorified secretary. Just like all of the failed Belichick assistants who went before him. You would think owners would figure out the last person you would want to hire is a Belichik assistant.
Wait. I'm confused. So now he wasn't responsible for NE's draft?

Wait. I'm confused. So now he wasn't responsible for NE's draft?
No need to be confused. This is easy peasy to clear up. Caserio is F'n up in Houston the same way he F'd up in NE. Caserio is just one in a very long line of failed Belichick assistants. For the 3rd graders out there, Belichick assistants have no training at all in the responsibilities to be a GM and that is why they have all become enormous failures.

A GM is supposed to be a master motivator for everyone in the organization. Caserio stays locked up in his office and only interreacts with a few. That is why he did a major Mea culpa in his first press conference after Lovie was fired. A responsible money manager he's not. Understanding the efficient management of the salary cap, he does not. Contract management is completely clueless. Getting maximum return with draft picks he fails miserably. He restructures contracts when he should cut players. He gives away draft picks for players he cuts weeks later. Caserio is a master at creating dead money and wasting draft picks. Nick Caserio is 7 - 26 and will likely be 10 - 40 after this year. This is exactly what we've come to know and expect from Belichick assistants.

Last edited:
No need to be confused. This is easy peasy to clear up. Caserio is F'n up in Houston the same way he F'd up in NE. Caserio is just one in a very long line of failed Belichick assistants. For the 3rd graders out there, Belichick assistants have no training at all in the responsibilities to be a GM and that is why they have all become enormous failures.

A GM is supposed to be a master motivator for everyone in the organization. Caserio stays locked up in his office and only interreacts with a few. That is why he did a major Mea culpa in his first press conference after Lovie was fired. A responsible money manager he's not. Understanding the efficient management of the salary cap, he does not. Contract management is completely clueless. Getting maximum return with draft picks he fails miserably. He restructures contracts when he should cut players. He gives away draft picks for players he cuts weeks later. Caserio is a master at creating dead money and wasting draft picks. Nick Caserio is 7 - 26 and will likely be 10 - 40 after this year.

All of this response, yet no answer to the actual question asked: So now he wasn't responsible for NE's draft?

This is a literal Yes or No answer. No condescending paragraphs of bias fantasy needed. One word.

Let's forget what Caserio did in New England and even what he's done thus far in Houston. This has to be the Texans draft. They have to own this. They have the most draft capital, by far. They probably won't be drafting this high, and if they are Nick is out of a job. No excuses, the Texans have to win this draft.
You know you are right about how important this Draft is for the Texans but ironically there's going to be virtually no pressure on Casserio re our most important pick, our top pick because everybody knows Casserio will be expected to take Strout or Young, and of course only one of them will be on our Board so piece of cake, but after that Casserio is gonna need to earn his keep with his picks in the rest of the Draft.

Texans trade Cooks to Dallas for a 2023 RD5 and 2024 RD6. Texans also agree to pay 6M of Cooks 2023 18M guaranteed money. Texans will take a “Dead Money” hit of 8.1M over 2023 and 2024. The positive from this move….the Texans save 16.5M with the Salary Cap. It’s not the greatest or the worst deal, just a deal that had to be made so the team could move on.

Anyone count how many times the rubber wheel on the top was ran across the floor before being released and Texian jumps into the conversation?

Texans trade Cooks to Dallas for a 2023 RD5 and 2024 RD6. Texans also agree to pay 6M of Cooks 2023 18M guaranteed money. Texans will take a “Dead Money” hit of 8.1M over 2023 and 2024. The positive from this move….the Texans save 16.5M with the Salary Cap. It’s not the greatest or the worst deal, just a deal that had to be made so the team could move on.

Anyone count how many times the rubber wheel on the top was ran across the floor before being released and Texian jumps into the conversation?
Curious as to where you get your numbers... it doesn't add up

Curious as to where you get your numbers... it doesn't add up

Via the internet while looking at multiple sources on the trade. Went back and reviewed the numbers and you’re right…..missed the 2023 season:

2023:
16.2M Dead Cap Hit.
10.2M Cap Savings

2024:
08.1M Dead Cap Hit
16.5M Cap Savngs

I don't blame Caserio for not predicting that Cooks would throw a fit and want out after Easterby got fired but I have no clue what he was thinking not trading Cooks at the deadline.

The only leverage we had once Cooks publicly wanted out was teams wanting him to make a run in the 2022 season and once that was gone there was no way we were gonna get a decent deal for him. The only justification I can think of is that he thought there was a chance Cooks could be brought back into the fold but that seems unlikely. Badly mishandled

I don't blame Caserio for not predicting that Cooks would throw a fit and want out after Easterby got fired but I have no clue what he was thinking not trading Cooks at the deadline.

The only leverage we had once Cooks publicly wanted out was teams wanting him to make a run in the 2022 season and once that was gone there was no way we were gonna get a decent deal for him. The only justification I can think of is that he thought there was a chance Cooks could be brought back into the fold but that seems unlikely. Badly mishandled
He tried. Dallas said at that time his asking price was too high. Plus I don’t think Caserio wanted to pay a large amount of that contract.

He tried. Dallas said at that time his asking price was too high. Plus I don’t think Caserio wanted to pay a large amount of that contract.
He may not have liked Cooks’ market value at the deadline but it was better than Cooks’ market right now. We still had to pay some of his salary and got lesser draft compensation in return.

Back