Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Did anyone see the gross lack of “in the grasp” tonight with Mason Rudolph? Hilarious they let him extend the play but Watson, not so fast. Just more bad ref work, severely inconsistent. I mean what’s the excuse? Rudolph is a big Qb? Rudolph has the escape ability of a pet turtle in a shoe box

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The latest word is that Trent Williams had his tumor for 6 years............was originally told by the team doctors there was nothing to worry about. The tumor over the years had grown substantially.................his recent diagnosis was that of "cancer" and he underwent radical surgery with staged reconstruction. From what I was able to find out, his cancer was a dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. It carries a very good prognosis in general following this type of treatment. However, it is at substantial risk for recurrence...........he will need to be followed closely (locally and systemically) for the 1st 3 years..........every 3-6 months (would do it every 3 months)......after that annual exams for life, as metastasis is relatively rare, although very difficult to treat and carries a poor prognosis.

I would not want to be the team doctors or the organization in general, as they are potentially looking at one heck of a lawsuit.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Things are getting stranger in the Trent Williams saga. When he first rejoined the team, he passed the physical...........when he put on the helmet for a practice, he failed the physical........on the basis that his helmet caused his scalp significant tenderness/pain. Is this posturing for him not intending to play for the Redskins but not be fined? wouldn't be surprised. Williams must be enjoying screwing with the team and their doctors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the same doctors that initially failed him with the cancer situation passed and the failed him on physical..............sticky getting stickier.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Cam Newton's Lisfranc has not gotten better................as I've posted in the past, was not properly rehabbed from Aug 22 injury............then re-injured............predicted 6-8 week rehab from re-injury (nowhere close yet)............now because of all of this, he may no longer be able to conservatively rehab, and surgery is likely in his future...............his season is probably over either way.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Pittsburgh release 26 year old Donte Moncrief who broke a finger and in pre-season. His productivity was horrible. By cutting him they dont lose the comp pick (Le'Veon Bell) so it was more than just an injury issue. From Health standpoint would you be interested in picking him up if possible?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Pittsburgh release 26 year old Donte Moncrief who broke a finger and in pre-season. His productivity was horrible. By cutting him they dont lose the comp pick (Le'Veon Bell) so it was more than just an injury issue. From Health standpoint would you be interested in picking him up if possible?
I've taken this question to this section because empirically he has not been connected to the Texans.

To answer your question, he suffered the dislocation early in TC............through early October, he had a 40% drop rate...........the worst in the L
NFL. It was his middle finger, one of the fingers most involved in grip strength (accounts for ~35% of grip strength0. His longer term prognosis I cannot totally predict since I don't know if there was bony or severe ligamentous damage. Dislocations can leave a player with mild or moderate discomfort or disability continuing for 12-18 months. It's not unusual to expect some permanent swelling or disfigurement of the injured joint. Hand strength in college was already one of his weaknesses with his share of drops. He was known as a boddy catcher, both of the aforementioned may have been a predictor of what the injury may have produced...................i.e., less hand strength, more body catches and more drops. I don't feel that his value to the Texans or any other team as a receiver any time in the near future (or possibly ever) will develop.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Hoyer in for the Colts... and his first pass of the season is a TD

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Colts looked like they were paid off

Great win by Pitt for the Texans

And CAR puttin' a whipping on the Titans for them

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I know the Browns have played like shit for a couple of decades or so, but man, do they really have to look like shit too? Those uniforms are THE worst.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I know the Browns have played like shit for a couple of decades or so, but man, do they really have to look like shit too? Those uniforms are THE worst.
Browns need a complete make-over......starting with the coaching staff and then those putrid uniforms.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I thought the flo from progressive commercials were annoying, damn the baker mayfield ones are worse. The only thing funny about them is that he and his team suck (again).

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Desean Jackson sustained a core muscle injury ("sports hernia") in week 1.............he had tried to rehab this injury conservatively with rest until last week when he played for the first time and quickly left the game during the first series with further core injury. He is now scheduled for core surgery after reports revealed "muscle torn from the bone" (much like Watt). With a rehab for a core injury that requires 8 weeks, in the case of an elite NFL athlete, the route of surgery should have been taken to begin with. The team says that he should be able to return in 4-6 weeks..........after an extended core muscle re-injury especially in a speedster, and especially at his age (33), I would put his recovery more to at least 6 weeks and likely closer to 8 week.................a timeline, had he made the wiser choice of surgery after week 1, would have likely seen him back by the 4-6 week recovery that the Eagles are predicting now...............in other words, he would already be playing in games now.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Eric Williams‏Verified account @eric_d_williams

Chargers owner Dean Spanos on his team potentially moving to London: “It’s total f—kin bullshit. We’re not going to London. We’re not going anywhere. We’re playing in Los Angeles. This is our home, and this is where we are planning to be for a long f—king time. Period.”

OptimisticTexan

Eric Williams‏Verified account @eric_d_williams

Chargers owner Dean Spanos on his team potentially moving to London: “It’s total f—kin bullshit. We’re not going to London. We’re not going anywhere. We’re playing in Los Angeles. This is our home, and this is where we are planning to be for a long f—king time. Period.”
........says every football team in LA. We shall see Mr Spanos. You'd been better off staying in SD while working out a new stadium deal.

Reactions: ROO

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Washington closed the door on Trent Williamsreturning this season by putting him on the non-football injury list.

'The bridge has definitely been burned': Trent Williams says Redskins have smeared him in aftermath of cancer diagnosis
Mike Jones
USA TODAY Nov 8, 2019

Even before the Washington Redskins officially ruled out Trent Williams on Thursday for the rest of the 2019 season, the schism between the player and team had been widening.

The Redskins’ request for a third-party investigation into the medical care of the left tackle only further damaged the already fractured relationship between the two sides. The seven-time Pro Bowl left tackle, who on Thursday was placed on the season-ending reserve/non-football injury list by the franchise, said the move and ongoing media leaks have only validated his beliefs that he can’t trust his employers.
“If I felt like they were genuine, I’d be all for it,” Williams told USA TODAY Sports. “They’re not doing it to find out what went wrong. They’re doing it to cover their butts.
"Mine isn’t the only situation they got wrong. There are a lot of situations they could have looked into. Why didn’t they do it before now? Why didn’t they do it in (quarterback) Colt (McCoy’s) case? And they keep putting out these false reports. That’s never helpful. I just feel like regardless of what the findings of the investigation are, they’re going to try to find a way to paint me negatively and make themselves look better.”

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen did not immediately respond to a request from USA TODAY Sports on Williams' allegations.

Williams spoke to USA TODAY Sports prior to Thursday's move—though he later said he was surprised by the decision—but he cited a deep dissatisfaction with the franchise as well as uncertainty about his future.
Williams stayed away from the organization for months dating back to spring because he no longer trusts team doctors and officials, he said. He maintains he asked team doctors numerous times in the last six years about a growth on his head and told them he feared that it was cancerous. Doctors repeatedly classified the growth as a cyst, Williams said.

Williams said in 2016, three years after he claimed he first raised the issue, he asked team doctors to send him to a dermatologist but was again told that the growth was a cyst. In 2017, he said, he asked doctors while scheduling knee surgery if they could remove the growth since he would be sedated, but “they said it wasn’t that serious.” The following year, he again asked about the removal of the growth during two separate procedures (one on his thumb and another on his knee), he said, but was told to wait for the offseason.

In January 2019, Williams had a biopsy of the growth. He said he received a call while at the Pro Bowl informing him that it was indeed cancer. At that point, according to Williams , Redskins owner Daniel Snyder flew him on a private jet to Chicago for an examination, to his hometown of Houston for a second opinion and then back to Chicago for surgery.

Williams said he was told the cancer cells were weeks away from penetrating his skull.

“It was a scary situation,” he said of being diagnosed with Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans, a soft-tissue sarcoma that develops in the deep layers of skin.
Williams told USA TODAY Sports the dismissive nature with which Allen reacted to the matter soured him on the franchise. Although Snyder, himself a cancer survivor, had been supportive, Allen’s response and the team doctors' misdiagnosis — coupled with a long track record of medical mishaps, including repeated setbacks and post-surgery infections and/or corrective surgeries of McCoy, quarterback Alex Smith and running back Derrius Guice — prompted Williams to request a trade.

The Redskins were reluctant to meet those demands. The organization did not trade him at last week's deadline, so Williams reported to team headquarters to avoid losing an accrued season toward free agency. However, he has yet to step foot on the field after not passing a physical because his helmet caused discomfort at the area from where his tumor was removed.

Williams said he believes Allen was behind the many media reports that linked his dissatisfaction with the team to his contract status while downplaying the medical concerns or pinning blame on him for missteps. When former Redskins general manager and current NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly relayed the same school of thinking last week, Williams’ frustrations were renewed.

“They started putting poison pills out there, that it was just about the money," Williams said. "The talk about me missing appointments? I’ll tell you what it was. It was scheduled for a Thursday, and I went on a Friday. I just had gotten it off by a day, one time.”

THE REST OF THE STORY

badboy

Hall of Fame
Next step in Trent Williams saga with Washington. More details On the cancer and surgery and the loss of 2019 salary although he did report. He is on the non-football injury report list.

OptimisticTexan

Although Trent Williams would be a nice pickup for some NFL team, I'd have my eyes locked on RG, Brandon Scherff. He'll be an UFA after this season and I don't think he has any desire to remain with the Redskins.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans braintrust get really pro-active and go after this Pro Bowl RG. They'd have 2 big OL to pay but why not....you'll be paying someone. Maybe
Fulton, one of the TE's (Aiken or Warring) and a pick later in the 2021 NFL Draft.

The OL would be set for the next 4-5 years.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Scherff
RT- Howard

It would have the makings of an NFL best type of OL. Even Martin could get better with Scherff playing next to him.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Although Trent Williams will be a nice pickup for some NFL team, I'd have my eyes locked on RG, Brandon Scherff. He'll be an UFA after this season and I don't think he has any desire to remain with the Redskins.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans braintrust get really pro-active and go after this Pro Bowl RG. They'd have 2 big OL to pay but why not....you'll be paying someone. Maybe
Fulton, one of the TE's (Aiken or Warring) and a pick later in the 2021 NFL Draft.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Scherff
RT- Howard

It would have the makings of an NFL best type of OL. Even Martin could get better with Scherff playing next to him.
I agree on the sheriff and wanted him in a trade going after Williams. Move Fuller to Center. I still would like to see more of Dan Skipper on the right side.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Although Trent Williams will be a nice pickup for some NFL team, I'd have my eyes locked on RG, Brandon Scherff. He'll be an UFA after this season and I don't think he has any desire to remain with the Redskins.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Scherff
RT- Howard

This is why I have Trey Smith as my pick in Rd.2 in my bye week mock. He's a talent that's comparable to Scherff

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Will Mahomes be the next RGIII
Hopefully the great Andy Reid doesn't go Shanny on him.

Andrews should've had his medical liscense revoked for letting RGIII play in that game. That would've gotten the NFL teams medical staffs attention. Not to mention what's going on with Trent Williams.