Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Eagles roster: 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WRs, 4 TEs, 9 OLs, 7 DLs, 8 LBs, 11 DBs.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Five former Texans made Eagles roster: DeMeco Ryans, Connor Barwin, James Casey, Jeff Maehl and Donnie Jones.

The Cleveland Browns have released their 53-man roster.

It does not include a kicker.

(not that they'll ever be in field goal range, but hey.)

Better...

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Lmao. RT @BWilliamsonESPN Neither Marquette King nor Chris Kluwe were listed on cuts. So #Raiders kept 2 punters & 4 QBs.

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN
The surprising part of the current rosters is that 77 undrafted rookies made teams. Normally, there are about 50

In the cutdown to 53, 201 draft choices made the roster.

With the Bills cutting down to 50 players, they will make several moves today. So will Jax, Oak and maybe KC

The Vikings, Packers and Bengals made the fewest changes to the 53 man roster. They added only 11 new players. The Steelers were next (12))

The Chiefs led the league with 26 changes to their 53-man roster. Arizona was second with 24.

Fourteen teams kept only two QBs but Buffalo and Green Bay, who each kept two, could still be in market for a backup.

The Chronicle has this photo essay on Houston Cheerleaders Then And Now.

I could have sworn we had color film as early as the 1980's. :thinking:

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN

Fourteen teams kept only two QBs but Buffalo and Green Bay, who each kept two, could still be in market for a backup.

The Packers have NO backup on their 53 in that they just released Coleman, and Tolzien (ex 49) was placed on their practice squad. Doubt that Tolzien with no experience in the system (more likely a move made to pump him for the 49er playbook, since the Packers lay the 49ers Week 1) would be brought up from the PS to be Rodgers' BU.

The Packers have NO backup on their 53 in that they just released Coleman, and Tolzien (ex 49) was placed on their practice squad. Doubt that Tolzien with no experience in the system (more likely a move made to pump him for the 49er playbook, since the Packers lay the 49ers Week 1) would be brought up from the PS to be Rodgers' BU.

They just signed Seneca Wallace.

LINK

Screenshot2013-09-08at9.30.47AM_crop_north_crop_north.png

Peyton Manning kept us out of the playoffs for years & is now the biggest threat to keep us out of the Superbowl. :pop:

When I saw many pundits predict New England in the AFC Championship Game and even the Super Bowl my eyebrows raised up a little.

What I didn't expect was for them to struggle mightily against the Bills (23-21) and the Jets (13-10). I don't think they are what they used to be, but now I'm beginning to wonder what's really under the hood with these guys.

Again that New England luck hits....they are in the AFC East in 2013.

When I saw many pundits predict New England in the AFC Championship Game and even the Super Bowl my eyebrows raised up a little.

What I didn't expect was for them to struggle mightily against the Bills (23-21) and the Jets (13-10). I don't think they are what they used to be, but now I'm beginning to wonder what's really under the hood with these guys.

Again that New England luck hits....they are in the AFC East in 2013.

No Gronk or Amendola and that's gonna happen. If Dobson catches half his targets tonight that's a dangerous team. For now they look like goat piss. When they get healthy they'll turn that into gasoline.

i know that divisional games are always tough, but the patriots look like a bottom 15 team after two games despite being 2-0. they barely eeked out wins against teams who are competing for worst in the league - both with rookie quarterbacks and weak defenses. we knew the wheels would fall off sooner or later, but this is ugly.

Sanchez has been placed on injured reserve designated for return as he tries to rehab from his shoulder labrum tear............somewhat curious.

if your quarterback is hurrying to snap the ball after a potential turnover, you probably want to fire whoever's not paying attention and substitutes in an entirely new package.

“Instead of writing a column on this Jets game, is it OK if I just ring your doorbell and punch you in the face? Same thing.”
—@StevePoliti, columnist for the Newark Star Ledger, in the second half of the 13-10 Patriots win over the Jets.

:lol:

If the Lisfranc is of any substance, a "few" weeks is unlikely to change anything. The Broncos are entertaining putting him on IR designated to return. Even so, as a huge LT, even at a few months treated nonoperatively, pushing off that foot will be a monumental accomplishment, and his risk for re-injury very high once put out there again........and if the Lisfranc with Grade 2 (> or = to 2 mm separation of joint) or more, up to 90% may eventually require surgery. Peyton should be worried........very worried.

@texantalkmods - the lets make fun of cowboys thread is closed & no longer necessary since all you need is to watch them and their fans.

#prideofpolkhigh
#gloryholierthanoursecondary
#thatsmyquarterback
#ioncescored4tdsin1game
#icanrelivethegloryonbetamaxtapes
#asslesschaps&cowboys
#evenifourteamcantmakeit2anotherSBatleastweknowhowtohostonewithoutahitch

I guess I could have started an NFL Week 3 thread but this will do.

Two thoughts about tonight's Chiefs at Eagles game that have little to nothing to do with the actual game.

First, they cut away so we could hear an ESPN International call of one of the touchdowns. The commentator was named Roberto Abramowitz. :thinking:

Secondly, did anyone watching at halftime sort of half-expect the Philadelphia faithful to boo Donovan McNabb during the jersey number retiring ceremony? Even just a smattering? I did. Glad I didn't hear anything, though.

Secondly, did anyone watching at halftime sort of half-expect the Philadelphia faithful to boo Donovan McNabb during the jersey number retiring ceremony? Even just a smattering? I did. Glad I didn't hear anything, though.

Lol...glad someone else brought this up! I was kinda surprised by the reception actually. Would have been a ****ty move from fans, but hey...it is Philly.

For the first time in 22 years it will be said "Pittsburgh is going to the playoffs" and not mean the Steelers.

Random thought #2: The Texans are 1-1 vs each team in the NFC West for a 4-4 overall record vs the division. After this season we'll lucky to be 6-6 v the NFC West.

For the first time in 22 years it will be said "Pittsburgh is going to the playoffs" and not mean the Steelers.

Random thought #2: The Texans are 1-1 vs each team in the NFC West for a 4-4 overall record vs the division. After this season we'll lucky to be 6-6 v the NFC West.

Well, there's the Rams and Cards. I wouldn't worry too much unless Kurt Warner comes out of retirement. :kitten:

Well, there's the Rams and Cards. I wouldn't worry too much unless Kurt Warner comes out of retirement. :kitten:

I just don't trust the Texans right now so if we blow it against either of those two teams I feel 1-3 vs the division a strong possibility.

Things can turn on a dime, though. Just look at the 49'ers on and off the field at the moment. Pretty major turn of fortunes in such a short time.

:fans:

I know you're indicating the Pirates but I'm pretty sure the Penguins have made the playoffs recently in Hockey.

Lol, yeah. I'm sure the Penguins have made it in years the Steelers didn't in the last 22 years. You had to bring facts into this, didn't you? :foottap:

I wish we'd drafted Kiko Alonso. I'd mocked him in most of my drafts. He looks like a monster tonight.

Also, Cleveland can simply not catch a break.

While I can't wait to move on past th scaub era, the browns' Brandon weeden is just bad. I still can't get past the fact that this guy is almost 30 and only in his second season.

The Patriots have signed rookie linebacker Ja’Gared Davis from the practice squad to fill a pair of roster spots, the club said Saturday.

Matt Barkley era may begin...nick fowles got rocked by being stupid and not throwingthe ball away

Cowboys up 10-3 and driving on the eagles

Matt Barkley era may begin...nick fowles got rocked by being stupid and not throwingthe ball away

Cowboys up 10-3 and driving on the eagles

He's thrown 2 INTs in what, 8 snaps?

They're probably waiting for Vick to return at this point.

Back