Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Remember when those media draft

QbgDlkq.gif

experts told you the Texans 'blew it' not trading up for Andre Dillard?

Yeah. Not. :gathering:

Sneaky Eagles GM Howie Roseman has "manufactured" the present "interest."
I was one of the biggest critics on this Board of the Texans decision not to move up in the first round for Dillard ahead of
the Philly GM who hopped over the Texans to grab Dillard.
I watched the entire week of Senior bowl practice before the Draft that year where Dillard was outstanding in Pass-Pro and thought he was the obvious choice for us since we were so desparate to find a LT to protect Watsons back side.
Anyway that was then and this is now, as they say.

I was one of the biggest critics on this Board of the Texans decision not to move up in the first round for Dillard ahead of
I watched the entire week of Senior bowl practice before the Draft that year where Dillard was outstanding in Pass-Pro and thought he was the obvious choice for us since we were so desparate to find a LT to protect Watsons back side.

Count me in this group

Sometimes your evals miss the mark.

It happens.

I watched the entire week of Senior bowl practice before the Draft that year
Everything that needed to be seen happened in the first two days and nights (interviews) at the Senior Bowl. It's how you react after you get punched in the mouth, and Dillard did not handle it well. Majority of the media "scouts" were there in the stands and mingling around with prospects and player personnel folks in the evenings. Most teams were o-u-t on Dillard as a first round guy after the first 24 hours.

The point was more about Zierlein and his ilk, though. The guy who after the Combine Pat Mahomes was nowhere to be found on his Big Board (top 32) yet Mitchell Trubisky top 10. Mind you, he had all Combine week to learn what he might from NFL guys who might talk to him. He had Xavier Sua Filo a first round pick as an OT. Johnny Manziel 3rd pick overall. Most teams wouldn't have spent a 4th on Manziel. He said Greg Little was the pick after we "blew it" with Dillard. Wrong on both counts. LZ tells you, I know... and he does not. They don't. Don't fall for their BS that they sell you every year.

I sure wish someone had protected Watson’s “backside”!

Everything that needed to be seen happened in the first two days and nights (interviews) at the Senior Bowl. It's how you react after you get punched in the mouth, and Dillard did not handle it well. Majority of the media "scouts" were there in the stands and mingling around with prospects and player personnel folks in the evenings. Most teams were o-u-t on Dillard as a first round guy after the first 24 hours.
I'm talking primarily about the one-on-one pass-pro drills between the Olinemen & Dlinmen where Dillard excelled and was clearly more impressive than any of the other offensive tackles (and centers/guards for that matter).
These drills are Tuesday & Wednesday and I dunno anything bout Dillards impression he made in intervewis and I don't even recall his performance on the field during the actual game Saturday. Bu the NFL network crew raved about him.
And see below a report from the Sen.Bowl back then leading up to the game:
"The showcase game capped five days of practices, position drills and interviews with NFL coaches and executive. Dillard, who drew rave reviews from scouts and media members on scene all week, took full advantage of his final game as a collegiate player."
https://247sports.com/college/washi...llard-NFL-Draft-Reeses-Senior-Bowl-128347631/

Don't fall for their BS that they sell you every year.
Every draft guru, and every team for that matter, misses on players. I'm sure you remember from that same 2019 draft that Jawaan Taylor was knocked for a knee issue, even though he never missed a game at Florida in his 3 years. The Jags took a chance after he dropped to the 2nd round, and he's played 100% of the team's offensive snaps over his first 2 seasons. The only OT from that draft to do so. People who say that know for sure, don't know anything for sure.

On Aug 10, Myles Garret was reported to be out for a while with a grade II hamstring tear. The team has not revealed how he sustained it.

Here's a little insight...........it happened after this July 30 not so smart "activity" of violent sudden stretching of his hamstring:

Remind you of anyone?

The Patriots' RB Sony Michel underwent foot surgery this offseason. Last season, he was already showing signs of being significantly affected by the degenerative changes in his knees due to injuries/surgeries. Now from what I have been able to find out, he has lost even more articular cartilage in his left knee placing him solidly in the category of bone on bone. The Patriots may be in trouble without a reliable and highly productive 3 down back, especially with no Brady.

Upon reading this again, not so surprising Michel was traded for a 6th and a 4th in 2023

DeMeco Ryans is in his first year as defensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. He has been on their coaching staff since 2017. I expect him to be a head coach sooner than later!

A big heads up: INJURED RESERVE RULES HAVE CHANGED FOR 2021!

There's no limit on player returns off
of the injured reserve list in 2021. The NFL just made it official in a memo to clubs: Unlimited players can return from a team's injured reserve list in 2021 and they're eligible after missing three games, rather than eight weeks

Just reading all over the tweeter that Cam has been released by the Patriots!! Trying to confirm with other sources. Not sure if that dudes Twitter is legit or not

yep, it’s all over yahoo sports as well. Cam has been cut

Not surprising after reading about their frustration with Cam's "misunderstanding" of covid protocols, especially in light of the NFL policy of forcing potential forfeits on teams.

Back