Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

This 4th qtr, absolutely nothing like the first 3. Heck of a good job coaching, both teams, both sides of the ball.

Love him or hate him...sigh...Tom Brady is a great QB. Dude delivers. The franchise I can’t stand but I have to give Brady credit.

I don't. Screw Brady and the Patriots. I don't care how many SBs they have, I give them NO credit or grudging admiration. I can't stand the muther fukers.

Saints still had a chance to win after that blown call. Defense didn’t do squat, offense couldn’t get going.

Chiefs fierce pass rush is rendered useless by quick passes and running the ball. Sounds familiar?

Them boys on defense get paid too. It's a team game
Yep. If Jadeveon Ford could lineup right, it would have never come down to a coin toss. Or if Princess Brady doesn't get a phantom roughing call. Or if KC doesn't Bird Box their way through the 1st half. Lots of things that should have kept that game from seeing another coin toss.

Reactions: JB
I don't. Screw Brady and the Patriots. I don't care how many SBs they have, I give them NO credit or grudging admiration. I can't stand the muther fukers.

One of my favorite annual things to do this time of year is to come into the NFL thread and watch the miserable Patriots haters cry, make cheating references, diminish Tom's accomplishments, make excuses for the other teams who lost this time, and then to get insulted for liking them and pointing out the irrational statements about them.

Y'all thought they were dead. Thought the dynasty was over, and here we are again for the 9th time watching the Pats in the biggest game of the year again.

Love live the KING Brady. Kneel. All of you.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter
Minnesota Vikings officially have named Gary Kubiak assistant head coach/offensive advisor, Brian Pariani tight ends coach and Klint Kubiak quarterbacks coach.

6:07 PM - 14 Jan 2019

Where is that weak ass Icak, who clowned me for saying that Kubiak wasn't finished and would come back to coaching soon enough. Lol! Dude was ran out of Denver and was happy to be away from Elway like I said. Kudos to Kubiak for finding a gig in Minnesota.

NFL plans to study making pass interference reviewable next season. It is in place in the CFL, but has been declined by the NFL to this point. After the controversial call in the Saints game, undoubtedly that will change this upcoming season.

NFL plans to study making pass interference reviewable next season. It is in place in the CFL, but has been declined by the NFL to this point. After the controversial call in the Saints game, undoubtedly that will change this upcoming season.

I'd like to see this happen. And if the coaches like to throw their red flags to often they'll lose time outs, so I'm not seeing this extra reason for them to be able to toss their red flag as a slow down in the game. It's got so many slow downs now anyway, this would be a minor addition.

This has been brought up to the competition committee before and voted down multiple times. I'm interested to know how Sean Payton has voted on this issue in the past as he has been a part of the competition committee for some time now

Reactions: JB
Anyone know how reviewing PI calls is working in the CFL? It solves the Saints call problem, but doesn't it open up pandora's box? With the current rules, PI could potentially be called on the majority of plays. If there's contact at 5 1/2 yards, they're now going to enforce it on review? How about situations where the receiver is initiating contact like the typical DHop catch? Will the flag go against the offense? Or how about the average contact that could be a no call or flag? On review, it's now going to be PI? Or stick w/ the call on the field unless it's egregious? Seems like we're just as likely to have controversy down the road in a situation where the game is on the line and in the refs hands -- this time because of a review rather than real time decision.

Just thought of something that I don't think would ever get implemented but would be a good starting point for any changes IMO - allow 1 PI challenge per year per team that renews one time if challenged successfully. Coaches don't challenge unless it's towards the end of the year this way and only on calls they feel are game outcome changing. Gives the Saints situation hope to be resolved with not too many of these plays being challenged.

[QUOTE="Max, post: 2907104, member: 56408"]Anyone know how reviewing PI calls is working in the CFL? It solves the Saints call problem, but doesn't it open up pandora's box? With the current rules, PI could potentially be called on the majority of plays. If there's contact at 5 1/2 yards, they're now going to enforce it on review? How about situations where the receiver is initiating contact like the typical DHop catch? Will the flag go against the offense? Or how about the average contact that could be a no call or flag? On review, it's now going to be PI? Or stick w/ the call on the field unless it's egregious? Seems like we're just as likely to have controversy down the road in a situation where the game is on the line and in the refs hands -- this time because of a review rather than real time decision.[/QUOTE]
Found this 2016 piece that refers to this:

Replays on pass interference calls? CFL shows NFL how it can be done
Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports Published 8:19 a.m. ET Oct. 19, 2016 | Updated 8:23 a.m. ET Oct. 19, 2016

..............The CFL is in its third season in which pass interference calls – and more importantly, the missed pass interference ca
lls – can be challenged by coaches. In 69 games this season, coaches have challenged 50 calls related to defensive pass interference, and 18 have been overturned........

............In Canada, the change came after the CFL decided its officials were missing too many pass interference calls. Now, if a coach wants to challenge either a call against his defensive back, or a non-call against the opposing team, officials in the command center in Toronto will review the play to see if there is “indisputable” evidence to overturn the on-field call. Starting this season, coaches are also allowed to challenge illegal contact and offensive pass interference calls.

[/QUOTE]
Found this 2016 piece that refers to this:[/QUOTE]If it works, I'm all for it. But curious if there's been any controversial outcomes in the CFL because of it. In my mind, it's hard to imagine there not being at least as much controversy with a rule change as there is now.
Indisputable seems to be the key word and would be necessary IMO but indisputable is still a subjective term.

[QUOTE="Max, post: 2907104, member: 56408"]Anyone know how reviewing PI calls is working in the CFL? It solves the Saints call problem, but doesn't it open up pandora's box? With the current rules, PI could potentially be called on the majority of plays. If there's contact at 5 1/2 yards, they're now going to enforce it on review? How about situations where the receiver is initiating contact like the typical DHop catch? Will the flag go against the offense? Or how about the average contact that could be a no call or flag? On review, it's now going to be PI? Or stick w/ the call on the field unless it's egregious? Seems like we're just as likely to have controversy down the road in a situation where the game is on the line and in the refs hands -- this time because of a review rather than real time decision.
Found this 2016 piece that refers to this:[/QUOTE]

The NFL/God'ell doesn't want to do this, it will make it harder to fix games.

BTW, what is the NFL doing having a former Ram and a guy that lives 2 hrs from L.A. officiating the NFC championship game that involves the Rams?

God'ell/Riveron should be fired for this.

Found this 2016 piece that refers to this:[/QUOTE]If it works, I'm all for it. But curious if there's been any controversial outcomes in the CFL because of it. In my mind, it's hard to imagine there not being at least as much controversy with a rule change as there is now.
Indisputable seems to be the key word and would be necessary IMO but indisputable is still a subjective term.[/QUOTE]
"Indisputable" is a criteria for all NFL reviewable plays as things stand to date.

If it works, I'm all for it. But curious if there's been any controversial outcomes in the CFL because of it. In my mind, it's hard to imagine there not being at least as much controversy with a rule change as there is now.
Indisputable seems to be the key word and would be necessary IMO but indisputable is still a subjective term.[/QUOTE]
"Indisputable" is a criteria for all NFL reviewable plays as things stand to date.[/QUOTE]And the current reviewable plays don't have as much subjectivity as PI. It's indisputable if there's contact after 5 yards but is the contact sufficient for a PI call? To me it's even more complicated than getting a catch call correct. I favor reviewing catch calls, just not sold on PI yet.

The NFL/God'ell doesn't want to do this, it will make it harder to fix games.

BTW, what is the NFL doing having a former Ram and a guy that lives 2 hrs from L.A. officiating the NFC championship game that involves the Rams?

God'ell/Riveron should be fired for this.[/QUOTE]Hopefully BOB can get us close enough in the playoffs that we can benefit from some of Goodell's conspiring. There's only so many strings he can pull when you're down by 3 touchdowns. :kitten:

Back