Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

LOL I just that last play of the Dolphins. I bet you the Patriots are pissed.
47682811_10217887001028372_651210711015358464_n.jpg

At least we weren't the only winning team to have a bad day yesterday..

I'd much rather lose to the Colts & Luck than the Dolphins & Tannehill.

Sherrick McManis was a name id forgotten rounded into a pretty good Special Teamer and had a good game when required to play corner.

Funny what you could do with player development & 10 years.

Wonder if the Vikings have any regrets in giving up Keenum when they could've had him at about 2/3 of the price Cousins cost them and probably no worse than their current record. You know....sometimes the grass is no different on the other side.

Washington rookie running back Derrius Guice had his injured knee get infected and required an additional three surgeries after an ACL repair surgery in August didn’t go as smoothly as anticipated.

According to Kareem Copeland of the Washington Post, Guice developed an infection that lasted two months after the initially surgery. It required three different follow-up procedures to flush out the wound and forced Guice to be on intravenous antibiotics for a period of seven weeks. He was getting IV antibiotics up to three times a day for multiple hours at a time.

Additionally, the infection left him dealing with flu-like symptoms as well. The whole ordeal forced him to stay away from Washington for much of his recovery as he had to get constantly evaluated by doctors, including Dr. James Andrews, at his clinic in Florida.

“It really sucks, man,” Guice said. “Everywhere you go, you either have people asking how your knee is, how your rehab is going . . . or asking why you’re in Louisiana. ‘Why are you not with your team?’” Link

Guice's surgeries were performed by Dr. James Andrew (of RGIII fame). From what I've been able to determine, Guice's situation was aggravated by the delay in the recognition of the infection, leading to the necessity for additional surgeries.

The ACL rupture count has been quite quiet in the past few weeks, but unfortunately the count resumes with Cardinals’ DT Robert Nkemdiche. The nature of his knee injury was not disclosed, but today he has been taken to surgery...............for an ACL reconstruction...................ACL #51.

Chargers went for 2. They’re not playing around.

The gamble wasn't as big as it seems. They were pretty much in the playoffs with the 5th seed. their only chance to be something different is to win the football and put themselves in place to have a better chance to win the division. Better to try there than jack around in overtime.

The gamble wasn't as big as it seems. They were pretty much in the playoffs with the 5th seed. their only chance to be something different is to win the football and put themselves in place to have a better chance to win the division. Better to try their than jack around in overtime.
Plus they probably knew they couldn’t stop Mahomes in OT. Good gamble that paid off.

Plus they probably knew they couldn’t stop Mahomes in OT. Good gamble that paid off.

The immediate way that Rivers and the coaching staff responded to the score appear to show this situation had been thought about beforehand...the manner rivers talked after the game leads me to believe it was planned on during the week, but if it was in-game doesh't matter...just well managed by the Chargers.

That's twice I've fell asleep and missed the Chargers roaring back to win on the road in primetime. The league better not be sleeping on them.

Evidently EA-Madden employs (actually unpaid except for travel & expenses) 'ratings performance adjusters'.
One of them if ex-Stanford RB Barry Sanders Jr. (not pictured below)

DrLBo-KWkAULSpb.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25527115/best-job-world-life-madden-nfl-ratings-adjuster

Smith [a Madden ratings adjuster] said Fournette put together a compelling case for changing some of his initial ratings in the game -- explaining his speed and agility compared to teammates and other players around the league. He mentioned his strength and displayed confidence in his abilities and that he should have been an overall 90.

The confidence mattered. It was in fun, but the truth also came out.

"In the end, he really hit us with the, 'I'm just upset that I'm at 87 because my friends just keep calling me Mr. 87,'" Smith said.

------------

Then-Bucs safety Keith Tandy also approached Smith
[Madden ratings adjuster], bothered by his low awareness rating. Tandy started bartering, saying his acceleration should be lower. Smith listened to his argument, and made the adjustment.

"That's really rare, to have a player be honest and up front about something like that," Smith said. "But it was almost like a bargaining chip, right? He's like, 'Look, you can take away some of that because if you give me some love here, I think that's fair.'"

When Drew Brees set the all-time NFL record for passing yards, he knew the record didn’t just belong to him.

So Brees gave a very thoughtful gift to all the receivers who caught all those passes through those years: A customized game ball with the player’s name and the number of passes and yards he contributed to Brees’s career record, which is now at 73,908 yards.

Link

Class act. The letter is in the article. Balls went to the OL too so basically everyone on O he's played with.

Al Riveron admits Bobby Wagner blocked field goal should have been flagged
December 14, 2018, 5:22 PM EST

A pivotal moment in the Seahawks’ win over the Vikings on Monday night came when Seattle’s Bobby Wagner blocked a field goal with five minutes left in the fourth quarter. One official threw a flag, but after a conference, the referees announced that there was no penalty.

Today NFL V.P. of Officiating Al Riveron admitted that there should have been a penalty. In his weekly video, Riveron showed the play and said that Wagner should have been flagged.

“In this case, this is a foul,” Riveron said. “He’s gonna put both hands on a teammate and he’s going to use his teammates to leverage himself to get to the other side. If you use your teammates and/or an opponent to help you to get to the other side to help you block a kick, that is a foul.”

Riveron did not explain why the officials ended up not enforcing a penalty, but the umpire who threw the flag reportedly flagged Wagner for a different but related penalty, against jumping over the line from depth. Another official overruled the umpire, saying Wagner was on the line of scrimmage when he jumped, making it legal in that respect, and none of the officials noticed that Wagner put his hands on teammates to leverage himself.

If the penalty had been called, the Vikings would have had first-and-10 at the Seahawks’ 14-yard line, where they very well might have scored a touchdown and taken a 7-6 lead with just a few minutes remaining in the game. It was a costly no-call for Minnesota, and a fortunate bad call for Seattle.

The gamble wasn't as big as it seems. They were pretty much in the playoffs with the 5th seed. their only chance to be something different is to win the football and put themselves in place to have a better chance to win the division. Better to try there than jack around in overtime.
Right. A loss basically meant nothing there as far as positioning themselves was concerned. The 5 seed was pretty much a lock.

A win puts you in position for the 1 seed. That's a pretty big deal. Not so much for the Chargers home field advantage but just not having to go on the road.

Still a chance to win in OT of course, but not as big as the position they were in going for 2. Good call by the Bolts, even if they miss it.

Just asking. What do you guys think of NE losing to the Dolphins? Does that mean they suk? Will be 1 & done in the playoffs?

Or do they have a chance to win it all?

Just asking. What do you guys think of NE losing to the Dolphins? Does that mean they suk? Will be 1 & done in the playoffs?

Or do they have a chance to win it all?
They always struggle against the Dolphins at their place. They have a good chance to win it all but I’m rooting for the Chiefs if the Texans don’t make it.

They always struggle against the Dolphins at their place. They have a good chance to win it all but I’m rooting for the Chiefs if the Texans don’t make it.

I like Reid, but this may be Rivers last chance. They are a Cinderella team of sorts, so I am rooting for them after the Texans.

Always liked Rivers passion, his ability to have so many kids, his bolo tie, and his phone calls to Lance Z.

Did anyone watch the Browns vs Broncos game?

People are saying Warner and Tirico were great as commentators.

Asking because I can’t stand Collinsworth and Witten is pretty bad.

Did anyone watch the Browns vs Broncos game?

People are saying Warner and Tirico were great as commentators.

Asking because I can’t stand Collinsworth and Witten is pretty bad.

Yeah I watched most at work. The great thing about Warner and Tirico is that they are like Al Michaels in that they don't try to become the focal point of the broadcast. Do their job and not over do it

Yeah I watched most at work. The great thing about Warner and Tirico is that they are like Al Michaels in that they don't try to become the focal point of the broadcast. Do their job and not over do it

Aikman and Buck have been my favorite for years.

Diggin Romo right now.

The announcers for the Texans game were horrible. I put NFLN's commentary crew on the same level as Fox's, which means my TV is muted for a huge portion of the game. CBS and NBC have much better announcers.

Sad thing is both of them have gotten farther in the playoffs than the Texans ever have.

Sometimes it's just not your year.
They scraped together a lucky win one time against a Mike Tomlin team and that defines the history of the franchise for you. Since the creation of the AFC South in 2002, the Jags have won the division once. So they are a great dynasty, just 16 out of 17 years were "just not their year". Heck, one more win and this season will be their 2nd best of the last 8 years, so this sort of is their year.

The Texans are about to win their 5th division title in the last 8 years - ever since you decided the Texans would never win. The Jags are about to have their 7th season of the last 8 with 11 or losses - that's your model for a great franchise.

They scraped together a lucky win one time against a Mike Tomlin team and that defines the history of the franchise for you. Since the creation of the AFC South in 2002, the Jags have won the division once. So they are a great dynasty, just 16 out of 17 years were "just not their year". Heck, one more win and this season will be their 2nd best of the last 8 years, so this sort of is their year.

The Texans are about to win their 5th division title in the last 8 years - ever since you decided the Texans would never win. The Jags are about to have their 7th season of the last 8 with 11 or losses - that's your model for a great franchise.

Have the Jags played in two AFCCG's?

How many of those have the Texans played in?

I'll wait for the excuses.

Back