Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL.COM MOCKS

I wonder if the 49’ers would trade their top dual threat LT- Trent Williams, straight up for the Texans top dog pass blocking LT- Tunsil?

If the answer is no….then Williams is the type of OT’s I would be looking for now and in the future.
Trent Williams & Laremy Tunsil are both team Captains. Much as we may want to see a future replacement and or salary savings, ani’t going to happen. Now RT now maybe left tackle later a smart play. There is only one guy in this draft for that dual purpose is Oklahoma Tackle Tyler Guyton. Outstanding prospect. Mobil and perfect scheme fit, very good athleticism.

If it falls like this im on the phone trying to trade up to take Bowers in front of the Colts.
I think people labeling Bowers as just a TE aren't seeing what I'm seeing. The guy is a playmaker. It doesn't matter where he's lining up. Bowers averages close to 15 yds/rec, and much of that is RAC. Just to show how good a runner he is, Bowers had 5 rushing TDs in 19 attempts. Down the middle, on the outside, on screens (terrifying on screens), Bowers makes plays.

Having said that, I think Lance is wrong and Bowers goes top 7.

I think people labeling Bowers as just a TE aren't seeing what I'm seeing. The guy is a playmaker. It doesn't matter where he's lining up. Bowers averages close to 15 yds/rec, and much of that is RAC. Just to show how good a runner he is, Bowers had 5 rushing TDs in 19 attempts. Down the middle, on the outside, on screens (terrifying on screens), Bowers makes plays.

Having said that, I think Lance is wrong and Bowers goes top 7.

Yep. If Bowers gets outside the top 15 then i’m sure river boat Nick will find a way to get him.

hen
Are you still worried about Bowers injured ankle even though he made it back before the end of the season?
Take his injury and any players injury history more seriously if they are reoccurring injury. I'll be honest, was real concerned about Juice Scruggs missing first 10 games of the season with Hamstring. He is older for a rookie because of serious car accident in 2019, fracturing his L3 vertebrae and suffering a concussion. He was in a back brace for eight months and missed the entire season. So despite supporting trade up to get him, could have bit Texans in the but, but he played solid for remainder of season despite not supplanting Michael Dieter as starting Center. Now Howard is a different story, not sure about Keyon Green either? Injury history should have negated drafting or extending both with injury history.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bowers went #5 overall by the Chargers because Telesco muffed not addressing TE in first round last season and they have literally no stud or any depth @ position. Watched Ravens game when Andrews went down, didn't look like much contact, feet just crossed awkwardly, tearing up that first possession too, so he does remind me of Bowers, I just wouldn't draft a TE in the top 10 when their defense sucks and have a history of drafting offensive weapons over defensive playmakers. Speaking of injuries Bosa is awful with very little dependability for what he makes, groin & hamstring pulls.

hen
Take his injury and any players injury history more seriously if they are reoccurring injury. I'll be honest, was real concerned about Juice Scruggs missing first 10 games of the season with Hamstring. He is older for a rookie because of serious car accident in 2019, fracturing his L3 vertebrae and suffering a concussion. He was in a back brace for eight months and missed the entire season. So despite supporting trade up to get him, could have bit Texans in the but, but he played solid for remainder of season despite not supplanting Michael Dieter as starting Center. Now Howard is a different story, not sure about Keyon Green either? Injury history should have negated drafting or extending both with injury history.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bowers went #5 overall by the Chargers because Telesco muffed not addressing TE in first round last season and they have literally no stud or any depth @ position. Watched Ravens game when Andrews went down, didn't look like much contact, feet just crossed awkwardly, tearing up that first possession too, so he does remind me of Bowers, I just wouldn't draft a TE in the top 10 when their defense sucks and have a history of drafting offensive weapons over defensive playmakers. Speaking of injuries Bosa is awful with very little dependability for what he makes, groin & hamstring pulls.
Draft talent and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW, I would draft Alt/Newton or Mitchell at 1-5. But 1-5 is a great position to look for a trade down. Green didn't have an extensive injury history coming out of college, or at least I dont remember him missing a lot of games at A&M. He should've had shoulder surgery last off season. What I want to know is, did the Texans org want him to have the surgery and he declined, or did the Texans medical staff think that time and rehab would fix his shoulder issues?

I just wouldn't draft a TE in the top 10 when their defense sucks and have a history of drafting offensive weapons over defensive playmakers.
The new guys shouldn't have to bear the responsibility of the previous decision makers. They have a clean slate. You can say the Chargers need to draft defense. But if there isn't a defender worth the 5th pick, that would be a mistake.

The new guys shouldn't have to bear the responsibility of the previous decision makers. They have a clean slate. You can say the Chargers need to draft defense. But if there isn't a defender worth the 5th pick, that would be a mistake.
Have you experienced the Chargers over the Staley regime? The defensive coordinator who’s to draft opposite side of the ball, that clearly he knew nothing about. Not keeping Shane Steichen, instead rolling with hot mess of Lombardi & Moore. Hell there is a reason Herbert shined more as a rookie. They passed on Karlaftis, McDuffee, both drafted by divisional rival, two time now, Super Bowl champion KC Chiefs. You see the flip and transfer of power, like Texans are flashing in one year, don’t want to see that happen again. Texans need to inject their roster defense both in draft and free agency. They can still add a WR, later, TE (resign Shultz) find developmental one in draft and RB, wouldn’t mind big time FA there and draft one late.

Texans select CB Nate Wiggins
Perhaps the worst I've seen so far. Texans pass on both Robinsons and Thomas, DeJean & Kool-aid. Newton not in first round at all

Texans select CB Nate Wiggins
Perhaps the worst I've seen so far. Texans pass on both Robinsons and Thomas, DeJean & Kool-aid. Newton not in first round at all

Clemson trash? Where do I sign up?

Daniel Jeremiah Mock 2.0

The Texans find themselves in a nice position in this mock. Brian Thomas. Cooper DeJean, Jer'Zhan Newton, Amarius Mims. and Tyler Guyton on the board.

Jeremiah takes Brian Thomas for the Texans at 1.23.

Bringing in Thomas to join Nico Collins and Tank Dell, Houston would rival any team in the league for the best trio at wide receiver.
And to think it was just 5 months ago that the Texans WR group was labeled as the worst in the NFL.

Daniel Jeremiah Mock 2.0

The Texans find themselves in a nice position in this mock. Brian Thomas. Cooper DeJean, Jer'Zhan Newton, Amarius Mims. and Tyler Guyton on the board.

Jeremiah takes Brian Thomas for the Texans at 1.23.

And to think it was just 5 months ago that the Texans WR group was labeled as the worst in the NFL.
Cherry picking I would have them taking Darius Robinson

5 RBs in the top 100.

Brooks
Corum
Allen
Bensen
Irving

And that could very well happen. Teams may find NFL RBs well into the 3rd day, and UDFAs.
Brooks is pretty shifty for a 6' guy. Only thing that concerns me about him is the injury - then again, how many RBs come out of the NCAA without an injury at some point?

RB rankings will certainly change after the Combine and Pro Day's. Let any RB with decent stats and good size pop a sub 4.4-40....and they'll be moving on up. Teams will always take chance on size and speed.

ESPN Slant
There's a good reason he's no longer a GM nor employed in the NFL
Those are some crazy picks, especially the trades associated with them. Tannenbaum did make some very good picks in his 7 years as Jets GM. Darrelle Revis, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Demario Davis, David Harris. But some stinkers, too. Mark "The Butt Fumble" Sanchez comes to mind.

Chad Reuter's 5 round mock.

Texans picks:

2.42 - Cam Hart - CB - Notre Dame
2.59 - T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas
3.86 - Cade Stover - TE - Ohio State
4.123 - Curtis Jacobs - LB - Penn State
4.127 - Christian Jones - OT - Texas
Cherry picking, I would take Kool Aid or Nubin @42

Last edited:
I've been playing with mock draft simulators and I did this one today. Tell me what you guys think? I didn't manage to work in an OG, my only concern...

@bayoudreamn1

0 seconds ago
4/7/24 PF Texans mock draft 7 Rds

81. Michael Hall jr, DT OSU
86. Johnny Wilson WR FS
108. Jaylan Ford LB UT
123. Theo Johnson TE Penn St
127. Erick Hall TE MICH
129. Luke McCaffrey WR RICE
157. Tykee Smith S GA
188. Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville
238. Quinton Newsome CB Nebraska