Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL.COM MOCKS

Need some mean, physical guys on that Oline.
This one got rag dolled vs the Ravens.
This guy can play. But his arms most likely are on the shorter side. But this didn't seem to affect him playing LT at Washington. He was one of the better LT's in the country. Tough guy. Kinda reminds me of Eric Winston.

This guy can play. But his arms most likely are on the shorter side. But this didn't seem to affect him playing LT at Washington. He was one of the better LT's in the country. Tough guy. Kinda reminds me of Eric Winston.
I don't understand Tunsil - he handled Garrett but was lazy against Ravens.

I wonder if the 49’ers would trade their top dual threat LT- Trent Williams, straight up for the Texans top dog pass blocking LT- Tunsil?

If the answer is no….then Williams is the type of OT’s I would be looking for now and in the future.

I had Chop in my recent mock but Keon Coleman and Jer'zhan Newton weren't available to me in that mock. I would prefer both of them over Chop Robinson in this guys mock draft.
If Newton makes it to 23, you run up to that podium.
It will be sad to miss out on Coleman, but you upgrade the defense immediately with Newton and there are plenty of good receivers left on the board.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but there are Lance Zierlein profiles on the players in these mocks. Here's pne on Iowa DB Cooper DeJean.
Not sure if Lance saying not challenged in 23 was what I saw: opposing quarterbacks just did not go to his area of the field that often. I like Cooper a lot and understand why many say he should be safety. I agree he is a more Zone Defender than a press man. As a cornerback, I prefer Arnold, Quinyon, McKinstry and Kris Abrams-Draine. As safety, Kinchens and Nubins.

Hoping Nick can get GB's twos for 1.23.
Depending on what we get in free agency, I could also take Arizona's round two and their top round three. Thinking about it, probably would trade 23 for Arizona's three round threes. This draft is deep with players I want.

Not sure if Lance saying not challenged in 23 was what I saw: opposing quarterbacks just did not go to his area of the field that often. I like Cooper a lot and understand why many say he should be safety. I agree he is a more Zone Defender than a press man. As a cornerback, I prefer Arnold, Quinyon, McKinstry and Kris Abrams-Draine. As safety, Kinchens and Nubins.

Hoping Nick can get GB's twos for 1.23.
Depending on what we get in free agency, I could also take Arizona's round two and their top round three. Thinking about it, probably would trade 23 for Arizona's three round threes. This draft is deep with players I want.
I honestly have been pondering trading out of Pick 23 if we can pick up an extra second or third. I see a TON of value in the second and third round of the draft this year. I can see KC trying to jump in front of Buffalo for a WR and I could see a team like Arizona trying to jump up to 23 from 27 as well. Some of the best value this year is in round 2 and the holes we have could be filled nicely in day 2 and 3 of the draft this year!

I honestly have been pondering trading out of Pick 23 if we can pick up an extra second or third. I see a TON of value in the second and third round of the draft this year. I can see KC trying to jump in front of Buffalo for a WR and I could see a team like Arizona trying to jump up to 23 from 27 as well. Some of the best value this year is in round 2 and the holes we have could be filled nicely in day 2 and 3 of the draft this year!
I could also see Nick moving up from 23 for a player they really like, Fuaga for instance. Lot's of good players in this draft. In NC/DR I trust.

That makes sense. It just doesn't seem like a Caserio move. I would think it's more likely that Nick trys to move into the teens to get Ryans the d-lineman he wants.
I just dont know who that guy would be? I want to improve the D line as well but who would they trade up for? Dallas Turner is the only guy I think that would be worth trading up for honestly. I like Latu but with the medicals who knows. One guy that I like that I dont feel would be worth trading up for and will be there maybe top 30ish but I feel like would work well with Demeco and pair nicely opposite Anderson is Chris Braswell. I also feel Jared Verse but hes going to probably be gone top 15.

I just dont know who that guy would be? I want to improve the D line as well but who would they trade up for? Dallas Turner is the only guy I think that would be worth trading up for honestly. I like Latu but with the medicals who knows. One guy that I like that I dont feel would be worth trading up for and will be there maybe top 30ish but I feel like would work well with Demeco and pair nicely opposite Anderson is Chris Braswell. I also feel Jared Verse but hes going to probably be gone top 15.
Newton is the only DL I would trade up to get in the 1st rd.

Braswell falls to the 2nd. IMHO Not enough production, to be a 1st rd pick, but very talented and his best football should be ahead of him. I would love for him to be the Texans pick in the 2nd. Sign Wilkins/Barnett/Draft Braswell/Sanders/Jalyx Hunt in the Late rds. That's a pretty good Edge group even if you let Greenard walk. Add offensive playmakers like Hollywood Brown and Fant or Henry in FA and draft Irving in the 3rd. Playmakers.

Mitchell and Braswell are the 2 guys I'm hoping for most if Funaga is gone.

Newton is the only DL I would trade up to get in the 1st rd.

Braswell falls to the 2nd. IMHO Not enough production, to be a 1st rd pick, but very talented and his best football should be ahead of him. I would love for him to be the Texans pick in the 2nd. Sign Wilkins/Barnett/Draft Braswell/Sanders/Jalyx Hunt in the Late rds. That's a pretty good Edge group even if you let Greenard walk. Add offensive playmakers like Hollywood Brown and Fant or Henry in FA and draft Irving in the 3rd. Playmakers.

Mitchell and Braswell are the 2 guys I'm hoping for most if Funaga is gone.
Yea Braswell definitely intrigues me. I know he won't go early in the first but I don't think he's going to be there at our round 2 pick. I that that is someone you would have to trade up for in the second if u want to go that route. I could see him going somewhere between 32-45.

Az trades three thirds for 1.23; combines that + 27 = 1440 points to trade up to 8 for a prime need.

Az trades three thirds for 1.23; combines that + 27 = 1440 points to trade up to 8 for a prime need.
I didn't realize just how much draft capital Arizona had, holy crap lol. They got a ton of maneuvering power. Are they 100 percent sticking with Kyler? They are definitely a dark horse to move up and select Qb, or Build around Kyler for sure.

Yea Braswell definitely intrigues me. I know he won't go early in the first but I don't think he's going to be there at our round 2 pick. I that that is someone you would have to trade up for in the second if u want to go that route. I could see him going somewhere between 32-45.
Thats what I was trying to say. I feel like he's going to be there at 23 and thats to early to take him, but will not be there for 59. We would definitely have to move up closer to 30-40 if we wanted to add him I feel. Watching his tape I love the size and athleticism. 6'3 257lbs is what he showed up to the combine at.

I didn't realize just how much draft capital Arizona had, holy crap lol. They got a ton of maneuvering power. Are they 100 percent sticking with Kyler? They are definitely a dark horse to move up and select Qb, or Build around Kyler for sure.

How many QBs do you think will go before #4? Is there a QB you really like? Do you think he'll go before #4?

How many QBs do you think will go before #4? Is there a QB you really like? Do you think he'll go before #4?
Im really only high on 2, Caleb and Drake. I dont like Daniels personally. He doesnt have the frame and looks really slender to me. Dont see his style translating real well to Nfl caliber play. I was just floating it out there that if Arizona wasnt sold on Kyler they had plenty of capital to trade up to 1 or 2 if they really wanted. I highy doubt that will happen was just floating it out.

Yep. All indications I see are Kyler will remain that quarterback. As you probably recall, the conundrum the Arizona management were in when they decided to extend him.. they can get out of his contract with reasonable dead money remaining, however it looks like they are not going to move him. The team has a great running back in Connor and McBride decent TE.
BJ Ojuwalari was good draft pick.

Looks like most have them taking Harrison at 4.

If I was their GM, I would trade down for Nabers or Odunze getting a huge haul then use 23 and 27 for another need. Newton could be had for both those or maybe one and 2. 35. They had good trade with us in 2023 that benefitted both teams. Why not dance again?

Houston takes Chop Robinson

Obviously have to wait until FA and Greenard situation shakes out but if Brian Thomas is on the board i’m going for the playmaker to pair with Stroud.

If no Greenard then it’ll be a coin flip between Chop and Darius (though LZ has Chop rated significantly higher).

Yep. All indications I see are Kyler will remain that quarterback. As you probably recall, the conundrum the Arizona management were in when they decided to extend him.. they can get out of his contract with reasonable dead money remaining, however it looks like they are not going to move him. The team has a great running back in Connor and McBride decent TE.
BJ Ojuwalari was good draft pick.

Looks like most have them taking Harrison at 4.

If I was their GM, I would trade down for Nabers or Odunze getting a huge haul then use 23 and 27 for another need. Newton could be had for both those or maybe one and 2. 35. They had good trade with us in 2023 that benefitted both teams. Why not dance again?
Ossenfort certainly set himself up to be in the best position possible. He can sit still and get a great player like MHJ. He can trade down 4-5 slots and still get another great WR or probably the best pass rusher (Latu/Turner) and get another 2025 1st and a 2024 2nd or 3rd. If somehow Daniels falls to 4 I bet Atlanta will trade the farm to get him, also possibly Denver would make a move up to 4 by giving up Surtain/1-12/2-45 and a 2025 1st.

I could see a worst to 1st for the Cards if Murray can stay healthy and more consistent.

Houston takes Chop Robinson
Love what's in Chop's tool box. I see him as a slightly lesser Parsons. Extremely quick 1st step, he's got the power and the wiggle. Needs to get stronger in the run game and I would re-sign Barnett to give Chop a chance to just rush the passer as a rookie. The thought of WA/Sign Jones in FA/Collins/Chop russing the passer is elite stuff.

With that said I would be very happy with Thomas/Guyton/Daruis Robinson at 1-23.

There's going to be some really good starter level WR's available in rds 3-4. I bet Worthy falls to the top/middle of rd 3.

Last edited:
Ossenfort certainly set himself up to be in the best position possible. He can sit still and get a great player like MHJ. He can trade down 4-5 slots and still get another great WR or probably the best pass rusher (Latu/Turner) and get another 2025 1st and a 2024 2nd or 3rd. If somehow Daniels falls to 4 I bet Atlanta will trade the farm to get him, also possibly Denver would make a move up to 4 by giving up Surtain/1-12/2-45 and a 2025 1st.

I could see a worst to 1st for the Cards if Murray can stay healthy and more consistent.
the Texans did really well trading with the Cardinals but Arizona will come out of it looking good too if they trade smartly in the draft. Having been so successful with the Will Anderson trade, I am hoping they would be willing to make an offer for 1.23.

1.4 and 1.23 and 1.27 awesome and that's without trades as you mention.

the Texans did really well trading with the Cardinals but Arizona will come out of it looking good too if they trade smartly in the draft. Having been so successful with the Will Anderson trade, I am hoping they would be willing to make an offer for 1.23.

1.4 and 1.23 and 1.27 awesome and that's without trades as you mention.

Gannon is a good coach. The Eagles showed that this year with their defense’s implosion after he left. The Cardinals played tougher than their record this season.

Reactions: JB
Love what's in Chop's tool box. I see him as a slightly lesser Parsons. Extremely quick 1st step, he's got the power and the wiggle. Needs to get stronger in the run game and I would re-sign Barnett to give Chop a chance to just rush the passer as a rookie. The thought of WA/Sign Jones in FA/Collins/Chop russing the passer is elite stuff.
How often do these pass rushers that don't produce in college end up showing out in the pros? I'd prefer taking the guy with more production that has fewer holes in his game, even if he's not as twitched up.

How often do these pass rushers that don't produce in college end up showing out in the pros? I'd prefer taking the guy with more production that has fewer holes in his game, even if he's not as twitched up.
Yeah, I’m here as well. College production isn’t everything, but I do think that a pass rusher who doesn’t produce in college is unlikely to produce in the pros.

Not an edge rusher but to your point…

Kobie Turner produced in college but fell in the draft due to lack of “elite measurables”. Picked 89th overall and produced 9 sacks as a rookie from the NT position. I hope the Texans find a comparable producer around that pick 85 slot :)

Sources Tell Us

“I’m with you -- he’s a really good football player. You just worry a little bit about the measurables because guys are a lot stronger in the pros so you can’t just win with power here.” -- Area scout for AFC team

This is why Latu is my favorite edge in the draft.

If Ryans/Caserio choose to draft Chop then I trust their judgement. I see Chop as a guy with the ability to be like Parsons if he ends up at the top of his game and Oweh at worst.

Drafting Chop is a gamble, but the thought of WA coming off of one edge and Chop coming off of the other edge and adding a differencemaker like Jones or Williams is just too enticing for me to pass up if I'm Ryans/Caserio. BTW, did you notice that LZ is really high on Chop?

If given the choice would you pick Darius Robinson over Chop? Another guy I like quite a bit is Kamara from Colorado St. I watched him against Colorado and he can definitely rush the passer, but is a bit of a penalty magnet.

If given the choice would you pick Darius Robinson over Chop? Another guy I like quite a bit is Kamara from Colorado St.
I would probably take Darius over Chop, because he's a more rounded, mature player and the Texans are ready to win now. But I'm not sure I take either at 1.23. Kamara is a 3rd day pick that is a better 3-4 fit.

Lance likes his edge rushers tooled up, whether they produce or not. But I ask you, when has taking a pass rusher that didn't produce in college work out?

I would probably take Darius over Chop, because he's a more rounded, mature player and the Texans are ready to win now. But I'm not sure I take either at 1.23. Kamara is a 3rd day pick that is a better 3-4 fit.

Lance likes his edge rushers tooled up, whether they produce or not. But I ask you, when has taking a pass rusher that didn't produce in college work out?
I would say that Parsons worked out pretty well. However I get your point.

Isaac Robinson's teammate may be a better value in the 3rd than Chop in the 1st. I also like what I saw from Booker from Kansas and would draft him in the 3rd. However Chop his special tools and if you hit you've got 2 great players on each edge. This really comes down to if Ryans believes he can get the most out of Chop's god given ability. BTW, how many sacks/pressures/TFL's did Chop have last yr.

If Chop had played to his god given ability we wouldn't be talking about him being available at 1-23. I do like Darius quite a bit too though.

Last edited:
This is why Latu is my favorite edge in the draft.
Let's talk about Latu for a moment.

1) He's the best edge rusher in the draft, right now. Maybe some of the younger guys get to where he is? Who knows.

2) All I know about his neck condition is that it led to a retirement, which he ended. Two schools looked at the situation and came to different conclusions.

3) @CloakNNNdagger gave his most learned and expert opinion regarding what he has learned about Latu's neck condition. You have to be concerned about the young man.

4) Injuries and the Texans. There are teams that takes chances in the draft regarding injuries. Among them are the Texans. Now would they take a chance on this specific condition? I have no idea.

5) If deemed healthy enough to continue his football career, would I want Latu playing for the Texans? Absolutely. Likely the best defender in this draft, right now.

Let's talk about Latu for a moment.

1) He's the best edge rusher in the draft, right now. Maybe some of the younger guys get to where he is? Who knows.

2) All I know about his neck condition is that it led to a retirement, which he ended. Two schools looked at the situation and came to different conclusions.

3) @CloakNNNdagger gave his most learned and expert opinion regarding what he has learned about Latu's neck condition. You have to be concerned about the young man.

4) Injuries and the Texans. There are teams that takes chances in the draft regarding injuries. Among them are the Texans. Now would they take a chance on this specific condition? I have no idea.

5) If deemed healthy enough to continue his football career, would I want Latu playing for the Texans? Absolutely. Likely the best defender in this draft, right now.
I've heard some teams have him off their boards. Others have him highly rated. Doubtful he makes it to 1-23. But if he does I would probably take the chance. Guys really talented and all about football.

I'm not trading up for a TE in the first round - any TE. Too many don't meet their expectations, and there is always value in the 2nd-4th round with TEs. Now, if he falls to 23...I'd be thrilled with that as the pick, depending on who else is there, what's been done in FA, etc. But I'm not spending my first + other picks to get an unknown in Bowers.

There's always going to be a team or two that will for their own reasons find a way to clear him medically. I'd be more than a little skeptical if most medical evaluations didn't see fit to do so...........especially as a high pick.

Last edited:
There's always going to be a team or two that will for their own reasons find a way to clear him medically. I'd be more than a little skeptical if most medical evaluations didn't see fit to do so...........especially as a high pick.
Seems like there are differing medical opinions. Not having any issues for the last 2 yrs makes him draftable for me, even worth trading up for. The downside is he may only be able to play through his 1st contract?

Back