Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Next Season

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Watson will have experience. A weapon that has been missing will be back in Will Fuller. Keke Coutee, Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins and Vyncint Smith will have an offseason to get even better. The running game will get better with Miller and Foreman and offensive line improvement. Gaine will improve the offensive line and corner positions through free agency and the draft.
This team will only be better. It has the potential to be one of the most explosive teams in the NFL.
The arrow is pointing up for this Texans team. All that is needed is a little improvement over this years team. It won't take much.
Watt, Watson, Hopkins and Mathieu will be better next year and take this team to new heights.
The off season starts now. Let's see the Texans improve their team during the off season and see where it leads.
This was Watson's true learning season.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Watson will have experience. A weapon that has been missing will be back in Will Fuller. Keke Coutee, Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins and Vyncint Smith will have an offseason to get even better. The running game will get better with Miller and Foreman and offensive line improvement. Gaine will improve the offensive line and corner positions through free agency and the draft.
This team will only be better. It has the potential to be one of the most explosive teams in the NFL.
The arrow is pointing up for this Texans team. All that is needed is a little improvement over this years team. It won't take much.
Watt, Watson, Hopkins and Mathieu will be better next year and take this team to new heights.
The off season starts now. Let's see the Texans improve their team during the off season and see where it leads.
I really believe that Bill should hire an OC.
I would also like to see a better running game so that we can get those 3rd and shorts. That will come with improved oline play and a hammer in the backfield.

jshabang

Quality Backup!
You guys in here are HEE LARRY US....... when OB had a Offensive Coordinator a couple years ago .......this board was crying that he needs to fire him and take over play calling....... now that’s he play calling y’all say he needs to get a coordinator...... MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY....... y’all more Bi Polar in here then my ex wife lol

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
You guys in here are HEE LARRY US....... when OB had a Offensive Coordinator a couple years ago .......this board was crying that he needs to fire him and take over play calling....... now that’s he play calling y’all say he needs to get a coordinator...... MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY....... y’all more Bi Polar in here then my ex wife lol
Some wanted OB to call plays, a few. Most wanted a new OC, same as now.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Next year the colts will be better. They nailed it In the draft (2 all pro rookies) and fixed their oline. They also have the most cap room. Watson still learning, Luck in his golden years. They have a better coaching staff. Texans won the division but 1-2 vs a divison rival. Let's throw in the jags will have a new qb and the titans made some noise this year. I hate being a terrible Texan fan but I'm not a stupid Texans fan. Man I need OB to evolve and we saw today Watson is not ready.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Very encouraging the way you present it. Trouble is OB is prone to stupid. We had 2 rookie te's that shouldve started and played a much bigger role all year. We knew it. Ob did not.

And now time for our regularly scheduled off season war cry...

"Fix the offensive line!"

We all knew it. Some of us have been begging for 4-5 years to pour talent into this line. Again and again but the Texans always outsmart themselves here. And we always watch. We let guys like brown and Brooks go while giving new contracts to a guy like newton. Wtf. WTF!

Break the cycle. We ruined Carr with an ol and we're doing it again with Watson if we dont act now.

Skip the bs we always pull. Drafting a small school guy with good talent who's 2 years away with the "right coaching." Signing a jag free agent who was our 2nd or 3rd choice and had a solid season a few years back. Signing a free agent who's not really good at anyone position but he sure can play them all.

I'm so tired of that crap and the company line.

You wanna win? Fix the ol. You want Watson to be great? Fix the goddamned ol. You want a run game? Fix the muthaphucking ol. Draft some monsters. I want truly unruly nasty mean sobs and you keep drafting them till you get it right.

You know what else happens when you get the right ol? It fixes the stupid coaching calls. 1st down runs go for 5 yards instead of 2. Lamar Miller looks legit. Red zone offense improves dramatically.

What I'm trying to say is, a legit ol improves Watson, improves our wr's, improves our rb's, improves our redzone offense, improves our time of possession (thusly helping the defense,) and minimizes all the stupid calls from our oc.

So do it already.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Next year before the season: "The OL looks a lot better and the new weapons we sign/drafted look great! The offense will be good."

Halfway through next season, averaging 20 ppg: "We need to fix the OL and get Deshaun some more weapons."
You just worry about our "great" defense stopping someone on 3rd down...

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
BOB must go. No retaining this mess. You seen the game.

BOB lost the city, the players ............. how can management retain this goof ball.

Gaine needs to find replacement.

powda

BOB must go. No retaining this mess. You seen the game.

BOB lost the city, the players ............. how can management retain this goof ball.

Gaine needs to find replacement.
Wishful thinking. They went 11-5. Hes not going anywhere. Sorry.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
We lost in the Wild Card round this year. This team was 11-5 after losing key players. The O-line is definitely an issue. Gaine knows that. This team improved in 1 season. 11-5 ain't bad no matter how it was won. Yes O'Brien needs to relinquish the O coordinator to someone that is capable and has fresh ideas for how to use Watson. Another coach that needs to go is Devilin. Another is the secondary coach. Maybe a good running backs coach. Then get a good tight ends coach. Some of those coaches might come with a real offensive coordinator. Improvements are needed in several areas. Let's give Gaine a chance. We might just see something better then we ever saw under Smith. Next year begins now. There is hope for a great team with some of the players that are on this team now and will be back next year, plus free agency and the draft.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
NO NO!!!!

He must go. We saw today he does not have it. First year coach took him to barn and beat the **** out of him. We had better talent than the dolts.

Nobody is gonna take this guy's coaching seriously.......... that was not even close game.

Great guy and all, he does not have what it takes. You gonna trust him with another run next year? We know what were gonna get.

I hope he is fired tomorrow. :D

powda

NO NO!!!!

He must go. We saw today he does not have it. First year coach took him to barn and beat the **** out of him. We had better talent than the dolts.

Nobody is gonna take this guy's coaching seriously.......... that was not even close game.

Great guy and all, he does not have what it takes. You gonna trust him with another run next year? We know what were gonna get.

Play the lotto. The chances are better.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
NO NO!!!!

He won't be. He's here next year like it or not. What is needed is a strong, young offensive coordinator with fresh ideas on how to use the talents of Deshaun Watson and the weapons he has. Bring in a real offensive line coach. A real tight ends coach. A real running backs coach, A real Secondary coach and a real Linebackers coach. Then pick up some real talent for the offensive line and corner position in free agency and the draft. That's what it's going to take. Gaine needs to take control and make sure it happens.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
He won't be. He's here next year like it or not. What is needed is a strong, young offensive coordinator with fresh ideas on how to use the talents of Deshaun Watson and the weapons he has. Bring in a real offensive line coach. A real tight ends coach. A real running backs coach, A real Secondary coach and a real Linebackers coach. Then pick up some real talent for the offensive line and corner position in free agency and the draft. That's what it's going to take. Gaine needs to take control and make sure it happens.

WTF, real this real that, but okay with FRAUD coach?

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
It's going to be a long year next year.
More mediocrity.

The schedule looks to be tougher.
I'm not even sure the Texans can make the playoffs next year with OB under the helm.
Forget getting rid of O'Brien. It will not happen. Get over yourselves and your hate for the man. He led this team to 11-5 this year under ridiculous pressure and without key players. That means something. It is definitely not "mediocre". There just needs to be minor tweaks to this team over the off season to make this team even better next year and possibly even a real contender. Even with Bob as the coach. Like it or not. Negative Nancies are the downfall of society.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Forget getting rid of O'Brien. It will not happen. Get over yourselves and your hate for the man. He led this team to 11-5 this year under ridiculous pressure and without key players. That means something. It is definitely not "mediocre". There just needs to be minor tweaks to this team over the off season to make this team even better next year and possibly even a real contender. Even with Bob as the coach. Like it or not. Negative Nancies are the downfall of society.
Where did I say that it's possible or likely that they will get rid of O'Brien?

Where is the hate? Definitely not from here.

Yes, it's mediocrity when OB needs to play the big boys. Actually, he's not very good in that scenario.

Wanting the best is not being a negative Nancy.
And that type (wanting the best) is exactly what drives progress.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
I am BOB the FRAUD

Yes he is truly the fraud. This game made Houston looks like fools, it's fans looks like fools. Cause this sad sack can't coach worth a lick.

Once again the team with more talent came in LAME, uninspired and got blown up infront of the whole country.

We can hire and fire who the hell Gaine wants. I hope he gets fired.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Where did I say that it's possible or likely that they will get rid of O'Brien?

Where is the hate? Definitely not from here.

Yes, it's mediocrity when OB needs to play the big boys. Actually, he's not very good in that scenario.

Wanting the best is not being a negative Nancy.
And that type (wanting the best) is exactly what drives progress.
Look. I agree that changes need to be made in the coaching staff. OB is not the bad guy here. Yes an offensive coordinator is needed. Devlin is not a good line coach. He must go. There are other coaches that need to be replaced as well. Get ready for some coaching changes. I just don't think OB will be one of them. After an 11-5 season, he's staying. Like it or not. Just a few tweaks here and there are all that's needed. Gaine will see things get better in the off season. Get on board or get off. It's that simple.

powda

WTF, real this real that, but okay with FRAUD coach?
Dude, we get it. Ob sucks. Nobody is singing his praises but they went 11-5. He's on a new contract. Better prospects are slim.

He's not going anywhere.

Best we can hope for is an offseason filled with so much talent it alleviates his bad playcalling.

We "might" hear chatter on him grooming someone in house as an oc (best case scenario.) It would be purely a pr move. Aside from that were stuck.

Deal with it.

powda

I am BOB the FRAUD

Yes he is truly the fraud. This game made Houston looks like fools, it's fans looks like fools. Cause this sad sack can't coach worth a lick.

Once again the team with more talent came in LAME, uninspired and got blown up infront of the whole country.

We can hire and fire who the hell Gaine wants. I hope he gets fired.
You are not taking this defeat well. Please share your vodka with us. Thanks.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Look. I agree that changes need to be made in the coaching staff. OB is not the bad guy here. Devlin is not a good line coach. He must go. There are other coaches that need to be replaced as well. Get ready for some coaching changes. I just don't thin OB will be one of them. After an 11-5 season, he's staying. Like it or not. Just a few tweaks here and there are all that's needed. Gaine will see things get better in the off season. Get on board or get off. It's that simple.
Whether a person wants to stay on board or get off of it is his choice.
When some people show their different opinions, it's their right. It's that simple.

Some of us don't want the Marvin Lewis type.
We happen to like real contenders.
O'Brien has shown nothing of the sort.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
You are not taking this defeat well. Please share your vodka with us. Thanks.
If you cant show fight..........nobody will ever take us seriously.

We lost all CREDIBILITY as football city. We look weak, we look lost....... no hope in sight.

BOB could not even get our players to fight for its fans.

He just showed the whole country that the is NO LEGITIMACY to HOUSTON TEXANS FOOTBALL.

He must be fired.

powda

We lost all CREDIBILITY as football city. We look weak, we look lost....... no hope in sight.

He just showed the whole country that the is NO LEGITIMACY to HOUSTON TEXANS FOOTBALL.

He must be fired.
You sir, are trashed.

Your not happy. Neither are we. Wow this room is spinning. You want them to perform better. Ceiling is spinning faster. Hope we have a good offseason. Spin, spin, spin. Need more offensive linemen. Spin, spin, spin. Another cb...spin, spin, spin.

Go to sleep now.

In the morning your head will hurt but you'll be less angry...

Spin.

Stop saying things to the internet now and rest.

Sleep.

You're ok.

Sleep now.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

He must be fired.
You can scream for his firing all you want on a message board, but I can assure you sir that not only will no one in the world hear you, but also that your silent scream will never reach the ears of those that have the power to get rid of O'Brien. Basically, you're noise is just that. Noise. And it's in vain. Get over it. It will not happen.

powda

You sir, are trashed.

Your not happy. Neither are we. Wow this room is spinning. You want them to perform better. Ceiling is spinning faster. Hope we have a good offseason. Spin, spin, spin. Need more offensive linemen. Spin, spin, spin. Another cb...spin, spin, spin.

Go to sleep now.

In the morning your head will hurt but you'll be less angry...

Spin.

Stop saying things to the internet now and rest.

Sleep.

You're ok.

Sleep now.
Sometimes I crack me up and i dont care if anyone else laughs.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
How many times do have to see the movie, before you know the ending?

Next year when they go no further than they ever have, they'll be patting themselves on the back, if they have more than 4 wins. This year was to reset the bar super low so we can start this pathetic cycle all over again.
11 wins... LOL, whoever said "statistics are for losers" and "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is crazy" was a genius! Why predict anything for next year other than another season that ends in disappointment like every other Texan season.

powda

How many times do have to see the movie, before you know the ending?

11 wins... LOL, whoever said "statistics are for losers" and "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is crazy" was a genius! Why predict anything for next year other than another season that ends in disappointment like every other Texan season.
So why play?

Because no matter how stupid it sounds, we hope.

powda

That's right, and as long as we hoping is enough to sell out that stadium they're going to be a successful franchise in the thing that matters the most to them... making money.
Them being 2 parties. Players who - like us want more (right?)

Or owners who maintain a profit.

Being a fan of a bad team is tough business.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
Them being 2 parties. Players who - like us want more (right?)

Or owners who maintain a profit.

Being a fan of a bad team is tough business.
The players want more money just like the owners. There's always rare exceptions but I think the vast majority of players would take more money over more wins... it's a business for them too.

powda

The players want more money just like the owners. There's always rare exceptions but the vast majority of players would take more money over more wins.
Not all. I'd be curious on the percentage. All in all I'm sure your right but there are guys like Brady who take less to keep the team competitive.

Funny thing is, guys from sb winning teams always make more in free agency.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
Not all. I'd be curious on the percentage. All in all I'm sure your right but there are guys like Brady who take less to keep the team competitive.

Funny thing is, guys from sb winning teams always make more in free agency.
Absolutely, that's why I said there are exceptions. Brady is a great example. Once you've got all the money in the world you can afford to look at it differently.

powda

Absolutely, that's why I said there are exceptions. Brady is a great example. Once you've got all the money in the world you can afford to look at it differently.
I guess we'll find out who Clowney is soon unless they tag him.

powda

I think the tag is the smart way to go, but this is a team who gave a 4-12 coach an extension so he could once again embarrass himself in the playoffs by not getting his team ready to play.
Well then lol - I think you know what's about to happen. He's an oversized talent with dwarf performance. How many people wont we sign because of him?

ColeThornton

Waterboy
Wouldn't they do all that better being more successful?
Not financially, not a big difference anyway. I believe most money in the NFL(which is TV money) is split equally among all teams. The stadium money is where it varies and if they're already selling out... They've never won a game in the division round of the playoffs and they're one of the most valuable teams in the league.