Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Next OL Coach: George Warhop

Who do y’all want brought in to coach our offensive line?

I don’t have any candidates in mind, but I’d be open to poaching from the college ranks if need be. I know ND and Wisconsin are known for developing offensive linemen.

Or are there any upcoming NFL assistant coaches that would love to have brought in?

Good! Now go get some fire breathin, rip your head off and crap down your neck type of Olinemen!
Maybe he has a direct line to the big nasties at NDSU Bison Oline guys. You see those guys block??
I know I know, inferior competition but if you can play you can play.
I have my sights on Cordell Volson. He held his own in the Shrine Bowl, and could be available in 5-6th rounds.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Linemen will not lack physicality in a Warhol line. We will have a physical line.
Yeah Tampa's line was pretty decent - but then again they had the GOAT calling protections onfield.
Edit - seems he was with Jax in recent years.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
With these new coaches….I’m really liking my last Mock a hellava lot more. I did trade Tunsil in order to cover the defense and definitely grab the road graders needed for the OL Coach.

vtech9

All Pro
I don't have a problem with Lovie as HC...I'm good with Pep as OC...but why the hell would you ever hire the Jags OL coach?

Doesn't mean his teams have been good at it.

In only 7 of his 26 years, all as OL coach, has his team not been in the 20's in rushing yards.
Only 3 times in the top 10.
11 times his teams have been 27th or worse.
Not only does his track record inspire little confidence, I’m also overall turned off by the apparent obsession with being a smash mouth power run Team.

the league has changed a lot.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Doesn't mean his teams have been good at it.

In only 7 of his 26 years, all as OL coach, has his team not been in the 20's in rushing yards.
Only 3 times in the top 10.
11 times his teams have been 27th or worse.
I wanted Dennison or Lil Kubes. Those guys know how to have an effective run game. Its proven.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Pep Hamilton’s successful run with the Colts 2013-2014 as OC never had or featured a hard-nosed ground game come hail or high water. Pep will put his offense in place and George Warhop will be told to design a blocking scheme to best make the offense successful. Warhop was not brought in to establish the Texans offensive scheme and then Pep would be required to figure out how to execute it.

Pep Hamilton’s successful run with the Colts 2013-2014 as OC never had or featured a hard-nosed ground game come hail or high water. Pep will put his offense in place and George Warhop will be told to design a blocking scheme to best make the offense successful. Warhop was not brought in to establish the Texans offensive scheme and then Pep would be required to figure out how to execute it.
we’ll see. Lovie said yesterday that we’ll have to throw “sometimes” but really stressed power running.

vtech9

All Pro
I'm really very "meh" on this hiring. Like someone else said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I am really underwhelmed at this point.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
The Jags asked rookie Trevor Lawrence to throw over 600 times last season.

James Robinson, despite playing in the same number of games as his rookie season saw his carries go from 240 to 164. He still averaged 4.5 yards per carry.

Fournette also went over 1000 yards in 2019 for the Jags.

Doug Martin in his last healthy season in 2015 went for over 1400 yards on a Lovie coached team with Warhop as OL coach.

If the Texans add like-minded talent up front and commit to the run game this season. I suspect they will be able to run the ball.