Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My Tyrod Taylor observation…

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't know that lasting one entire season out of three, and it not even being his most recent season, is cause to consider a trade for him.

Garoppolo is Sam Bradford at this point in his career until he can prove he can stay healthy. He is also really lucky that Trent Dilfer got his team to a SB, otherwise his 2019 post season would always get brought up as the ultimate game manager stats.

I mean, I respect your opinion and know you have always loved him from way back when, but there is not much about Jimmy G that says give away draft picks for him. Sign as an FA? Maybe. But not draft picks.
I would probably give up a high 4th for Jimmy G, that could turn into a 3rd if Lynch wanted to wait until 2023 for the pick. BTW, I happen to agree with you on Jimmy G being injury prone and that's the main reason I think there's a solid case to be made for bringing TT back over Jimmy G. Lets see if Jimmy G can stay healthy this yr.

Dejaview

All Pro
I would probably give up a high 4th for Jimmy G, that could turn into a 3rd if Lynch wanted to wait until 2023 for the pick. BTW, I happen to agree with you on Jimmy G being injury prone and that's the main reason I think there's a solid case to be made for bringing TT back over Jimmy G. Lets see if Jimmy G can stay healthy this yr.
Cant agree with you on this one. We need a whole new QB paradigm….one without injuries.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
If the Texans get Jimmy G to go with Tyrod between the two of them they should have a starter for 8 games a year.
Listen, I’m not advocating trading for Jimmy Garrapolo it just seems like a very Caserio kinda play. Both him and Tyrod have made their living off high expectations with low reward outcomes.

Texans finally grab a true franchise QB and fail to grasp the concept to INCLUDE him in their Roster Construction. Cal is the owner, last I checked, trading DeAndre Hopkins should have been quickly rebuffed/canceled and Bill O’Brians root problem (with high profile players) exposed.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Texans finally grab a true franchise QB and fail to grasp the concept to INCLUDE him in their Roster Construction. Cal is the owner, last I checked, trading DeAndre Hopkins should have been quickly rebuffed/canceled and Bill O’Brians root problem (with high profile players) exposed.
Wouldn't have thought you fell for that.

He signed his contract after trading Clowney & Hopkins. He had a better statistical season without his BFF. I can't imagine he would see what the defense Caserio has put together is doing & not think he'd be in as good a situation as he would be in Miami.

None of this is about being included in roster construction (which they bent over backwards to help him, Tunsil, Howard, Scharping, Cobb, Cooks with Fuller, Jordan, Pharoah)

McKinney, Mercilus, & Watt prevented him from winning games, not the offense.

sandman

Brexit Advisor

He signed his contract after trading Clowney & Hopkins. He had a better statistical season without his BFF. I can't imagine he would see what the defense Caserio has put together is doing & not think he'd be in as good a situation as he would be in Miami.

None of this is about being included in roster construction (which they bent over backwards to help him, Tunsil, Howard, Scharping, Cobb, Cooks with Fuller, Jordan, Pharoah)

Timelines are such pesky details that get in the way of narratives...

beerlover

Hall of Fame

Its a gift that keeps on giving
:wesmantexanfan:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Yup, as bad as the situation he is leaving this franchise in right now, it could've been hella worse had they bent over backwards anymore for him.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Yup, as bad as the situation he is leaving this franchise in right now, it could've been hella worse had they bent over backwards anymore for him.
Based on what we have seen from this team, Watson was right about the organizational direction and leadership. He was just the wrong messenger. It's like a skunk trying to say you stink.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Based on what we have seen from this team, Watson was right about the organizational direction and leadership. He was just the wrong messenger. It's like a skunk trying to say you stink.
I don't think Watson was right about the direction of this team.

One of the problems we complain about today is Tim Kelly, & it was Watson who wanted him to stay.

Bill O’Brein was a problem. He's gone.

We're not as talented on defense as any of us would like, but the two 1st round picks they gave used to get him & gave up to get Tunsil is part of the reason.

& Greenard & Blacklock appear to be coming along just fine. They added Lopez, Kirksey, & KGH... the direction seems to be just fine.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I mean i agree with you somewhat...but as @thunderkyss has said, he is part the reason for this direction and situation we're in. The organizational direction that we're currently navigating is due to the guy who he professed his love for just 1 year earlier. Bottom line is, the leadership in large part only did things that made him happy which led to where wer are now. Gave BoB an extension, gave BoB the GM title...gave him a huge contract. It was only when the organizational leadership stopped doing everything that he wanted them to that he started acting stupid. Would've been interesting to know if he'd have requested a trade if BoB hadn't been fired earlier in the season.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Listen, I’m not advocating trading for Jimmy Garrapolo it just seems like a very Caserio kinda play. Both him and Tyrod have made their living off high expectations with low reward outcomes.

Making a SB is the kind low reward I could live with.

Looking back at it, you're correct, when mamma Watson 1st came to mamma McNair, the Texans should've traded Derrick. People dont change their deviant ways.

This way I could've held onto Hopkins for a yr until I got proper value for him too. BTW, I would've held onto Hopkins anyways until I got proper value. But this is just another reason to dislike the McNair's for getting involved in football decisions. Somethings never change as some Pervert once said.