Most likely to Happen - 2019 Texans Football Edition

Most likely to happen?

• Texans win 14 games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
So I've done a few of these in the past.
Haven't done one in a while because I just haven't been enthusiastic about this team. I'm actually starting to let myself get excited about this team for some reason. I think it's all the reports coming out of camp. I've been around long enough to not fall for the John Harris type hype...There are positive reports coming out from people who I think are more grounded.

I'm excited about Watson, the TE's, WR's offensively. I'm hopeful about the OL. Sounds like they've been really working the screen game in practice so far. I'm hopeful that if OB pulls his head out of his ass and uses Miller the right way he can have an impact year.

I think Clowney will be back at some point and I think he's going to have a point to prove. That's a good thing. Supposedly Watt looks good and fresh. And I like our safety group. Not sure about these corners, but there's potential there with Roby.

Special teams came along last year. Hopefully it's better this season.

Anyways regarding the poll...These potential accomplishments are designed to be lofty...

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Definitely the receiving yards.

Health is key here, but the talent is very much there. Also doesn't hurt who's getting them those footballs.

Interceptions would've been my second guess. Not sure if the talent is entirely there for it, but we do have some. And sometimes turnovers are just about good breaks.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I voted for receiving yards but the sacks between 4 guys would be my next choice. Watt will get almost half of that by himself.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I believe in Watson. I don’t believe in the RB’s, Khalil, Fuller and/or Keke staying consistently healthy, the offensive line, or the DB’s. So out of a process of elimination, Watson becomes Jesus in cleats.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
So I've done a few of these in the past.
Haven't done one in a while because I just haven't been enthusiastic about this team. I'm actually starting to let myself get excited about this team for some reason. I think it's all the reports coming out of camp. I've been around long enough to not fall for the John Harris type hype...There are positive reports coming out from people who I think are more grounded.

I'm excited about Watson, the TE's, WR's offensively. I'm hopeful about the OL. Sounds like they've been really working the screen game in practice so far. I'm hopeful that if OB pulls his head out of his ass and uses Miller the right way he can have an impact year.

I think Clowney will be back at some point and I think he's going to have a point to prove. That's a good thing. Supposedly Watt looks good and fresh. And I like our safety group. Not sure about these corners, but there's potential there with Roby.

Special teams came along last year. Hopefully it's better this season.

Anyways regarding the poll...These potential accomplishments are designed to be lofty...

What the hell kind of poll was this and how long did it take you to ask about these scenarios?

Took me a while to pick one. Right as I was about to pick the SB I went with the not allowing a special teams TD. The rest of those scenarios are all going to be difficult milestones for this team. SB was more probable to me until I saw the no TD's against Special teams.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
What the hell kind of poll was this and how long did it take you to ask about these scenarios?

Took me a while to pick one. Right as I was about to pick the SB I went with the not allowing a special teams TD. The rest of those scenarios are all going to be difficult milestones for this team. SB was more probable to me until I saw the no TD's against Special teams.
Not long. Did it while I was at work.

Dont forget 5 st TDs scored too

badboy

Hall of Fame
One and five will happen. Just hunch but I think Coutee and Fullers yardage will be less than poll suggests as TEs will be suddenly discovered in offensive plan of attack. An aside, L.Miller will play large receiving role if on roster.

MeatBear77

Rookie
I routed for the one where Watson only gets sacked less then 28 times because u guys got ur OL finally figured out with the draft right?

I dnt think that 28 or less sacks is that hard 2 get like some of the other ones in the pole.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I voted Nuk, Fuller & Coutee combine for 3275 recieving yards. Very real possibility even if 1 of them misses a few games due to injury.
Went that way as well as I think the Texans will be going to the air a lot to try and keep up with some of the QBs they'll see this year. Nuk could easily see half of that or more. I don't think it's a reach at all that F5 and Keke can put up the other 1,600 between them. In fact, if they can stay on the field, I'd add all 3 getting to 1,000 yards as one of the options and I'd change my vote to that being the most likely.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
I went with the 2nd option but would rephrase it to be 3275 receiving yards among Hopkins, Fuller, and Coutee.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Went that way as well as I think the Texans will be going to the air a lot to try and keep up with some of the QBs they'll see this year. Nuk could easily see half of that or more. I don't think it's a reach at all that F5 and Keke can put up the other 1,600 between them. In fact, if they can stay on the field, I'd add all 3 getting to 1,000 yards as one of the options and I'd change my vote to that being the most likely.
That's what I was thinking of with that option.

Not only the production but the health factor as well.

HouTx11

Rookie
Lots of Kool-aid to be found in this thread. I hope at least a few of these pan out, especially the one about the Superbowl. (There, I just took a sip)

76Texan

Hall of Fame
None of it might happen but this is a pre season optimistic thread.

Just choose one damnit :)
I'm really trying, but your parameters are just too optimistic, not unlike one of those previous years.

But I guess I'll go with Watson simply because I think we'll have to score a lot of points to keep up.
The only problem is when we need to open up the offense, the INTs will come, most likely.
If you just remove that part, I think Watson has a shot.

And then there's OB. :backsout:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
So far so good for Watson.
I'd take fewer yards if it means fewer INTs.

Luckily, it seems like we'll have fewer shoot-outs than anticipated (as Luck and Foles are both gone.)

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
So far so good for Watson.
I'd take fewer yards if it means fewer INTs.

Luckily, it seems like we'll have fewer shoot-outs than anticipated (as Luck and Foles are both gone.)
He's not really on pace for the yards or tds.

The combined sacks appears to be closest on track.