Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Most Disappointing Texan So Far in 2022

I'm thinking the very poor play of KGH and Kirksey surprised him though it shouldn't have. Along with the injury and pedestrian play of Collins & Greenard
From what I remember they weren’t aggressive in trying to resign KGH. It just happened. I guess they couldn’t find better for what they were willing to spend.

They drafted Harris & maybe he was the plan for that spot but he got hurt early & for a long time.

Do you think Cashman or Wallow should have got the snaps KGH had? I mean Hewitt got more play than they did.

I could argue for Cashman. But…. We’re talking about tallest midget here.

From what I remember they weren’t aggressive in trying to resign KGH. It just happened. I guess they couldn’t find better for what they were willing to spend.

They drafted Harris & maybe he was the plan for that spot but he got hurt early & for a long time.

Do you think Cashman or Wallow should have got the snaps KGH had? I mean Hewitt got more play than they did.

I could argue for Cashman. But…. We’re talking about tallest midget here.
Wallow has looked pretty good in the playing time he has had. The huge problem in the linebacking group continues to be Kirksey. I haven't seen enough of Cashman to know if he would be any improvement there but I seriously doubt he could do worse

Wallow has looked pretty good in the playing time he has had. The huge problem in the linebacking group continues to be Kirksey. I haven't seen enough of Cashman to know if he would be any improvement there but I seriously doubt he could do worse
Kirksey has been terrible, beyond bad. He was avg everywhere else he's been too. Same with KGH, so really its no surprise.

Hopefully this is the season that Cal realizes he ain't Crane and him/Momma McNair are the money and Caserio is the man they entrusted their organization to. When he understands this....then better things lie ahead.

He had a bad game last week and the gap was vast.

Was the gap vast after week 2 and 3 when Green gave up 0 pressures and he was pancaking guys? According to PFF which isn't a be all end all Green was the better player. Point is, it's way to early to make this kind of judgement.

I must have missed this, but yeah stand my projection now more than ever before. Was willing to write off one game I saw both play live as bad day for Kenyon but trend has not deviated much from the Charger game despite my hope it would, injury or no injury.

I must have missed this, but yeah stand my projection now more than ever before. Was willing to write off one game I saw both play live as bad day for Kenyon but trend has not deviated much from the Charger game despite my hope it would, injury or no injury.
Yep. Green has been horrible since the Chargers game. I really hope it turns around... Pitre also after a a pretty good start has been been sucking large of late also. Both players need to get stronger this offseason to take the next step in 2023.

Yep. Green has been horrible since the Chargers game. I really hope it turns around... Pitre also after a a pretty good start has been been sucking large of late also. Both players need to get stronger this offseason to take the next step in 2023.
And healthy.

Go back and checkout CnD's post on this topic.

Stingley hasn't looked bad. He's a man cover CB, playing mostly zone in Lovie's defense, and not doing too bad.
That makes it worse. Lovie supposedly passed on Gardner because he was a pure man CB and Stingley was supposed to be more versatile. Stingley hasn't looked like sh*t imo, but he just doesn't seem to have the "sauce" that Gardner has and now Stingley has missed a game due to injury. What was the biggest knock on Stingley going into the draft?

I'm most disappointed in tightends. It's this franchise's defacto Bigfoot. We always have a picture but it's always blurry. We keep pouring picks into this position year after year but we never get production.

I'm f'ing sick of it.

Fix the rest of the team first. A premier te is one of the last luxury pieces a playoff offense should add.

That makes it worse. Lovie supposedly passed on Gardner because he was a pure man CB and Stingley was supposed to be more versatile. Stingley hasn't looked like sh*t imo, but he just doesn't seem to have the "sauce" that Gardner has and now Stingley has missed a game due to injury. What was the biggest knock on Stingley going into the draft?
A lot of analysts are already calling Sauce the best CB in the NFL. I understand why Caserio made the pick and I really liked Stingley's potential. But let's be frank here: Sauce is the better player from what we know right now. maybe after Lovie is fired and we stop playing so much Tampa-2 we can see what Stingley's potential really is. But right now, Sauce looks like the better of the two players.

A lot of analysts are already calling Sauce the best CB in the NFL. I understand why Caserio made the pick and I really liked Stingley's potential. But let's be frank here: Sauce is the better player from what we know right now. maybe after Lovie is fired and we stop playing so much Tampa-2 we can see what Stingley's potential really is. But right now, Sauce looks like the better of the two players.
Sauce is head and shoulders better than Stingley. I do not understand why Caserio/Smith thought Stingley could ever be better than Sauce, especially considering the injury history of Stingley. I guess they just fell in love with the 2019 film on Stingley and that he's an SEC product.

Sauce would have looked a lot worse in Lovie's defense.

I'm most disappointed in tightends. It's this franchise's defacto Bigfoot. We always have a picture but it's always blurry. We keep pouring picks into this position year after year but we never get production.

I'm f'ing sick of it.

Fix the rest of the team first. A premier te is one of the last luxury pieces a playoff offense should add.
I can't say I'm disappointed in the TEs, just Pep's lack of use of them.

Well according to Caserio, defensive coaches were arguing/discussing right up until they picked which player they wanted to draft at #3. Caserio also said he thought Lovie would have been happy had the pick gone in a different direction. Lovie pretty much promised George Warhop the other 1st RD pick to take the OL job. We all know how Warhop loves him some 34" arm-length OL so if you had < 34" you were out. With Warhop it's basically, I don't need any stinkin' short-arm OL on this team. Pretty sure Pep was on board with Warhop too. Lovie and Warhop coached together years ago. The funny thing is Warhop's OL system is a bit of a mismatch for Pep's Offensive system.

Hey everyone, checking in and saw this thread. We've watched a handful of the Texans games here and it's been pretty painful.
That being said, didn't everyone KNOW it was going to be painful? My son moved into the "Just lose" philosophy early on.
I think I had them at 3 wins at this point and they are a tad worse than that. Such is life.

Being in Cincinnati, I was always a Sauce Gardner fan and thought Stingley was too much as injury concern.
That being said, it's hard to project what Sauce would have been in Houston's defense.

Specific to this thread, knowing entering the season most thought the Texans had one of the worst rosters in the league, is it worth it to pick it apart?
Adding a bunch of youth to an underperforming roster with a new coach no one wanted is hardly a recipe for success.
However, I'm going to nominate the entire offense, minus Pierce. Does Mills look bad because of the WR's or do they look bad because of him?
Maybe it's the o-line. Maybe it's a combination of all three. Maybe the coaches can't play call to save their lives, but I don't watch enough.
All I know is this Texans offense is ranking up there with some of the worst in team history.

Will be happy to see the offseason get here for them and see what direction they go in with the coaching staff and then players.
Weird how even when you know it's going to be bad, it still sucks to watch it all play out.

Hey everyone, checking in and saw this thread. We've watched a handful of the Texans games here and it's been pretty painful.
That being said, didn't everyone KNOW it was going to be painful? My son moved into the "Just lose" philosophy early on.
I think I had them at 3 wins at this point and they are a tad worse than that. Such is life.

Being in Cincinnati, I was always a Sauce Gardner fan and thought Stingley was too much as injury concern.
That being said, it's hard to project what Sauce would have been in Houston's defense.

Specific to this thread, knowing entering the season most thought the Texans had one of the worst rosters in the league, is it worth it to pick it apart?
Adding a bunch of youth to an underperforming roster with a new coach no one wanted is hardly a recipe for success.
However, I'm going to nominate the entire offense, minus Pierce. Does Mills look bad because of the WR's or do they look bad because of him?
Maybe it's the o-line. Maybe it's a combination of all three. Maybe the coaches can't play call to save their lives, but I don't watch enough.
All I know is this Texans offense is ranking up there with some of the worst in team history.

Will be happy to see the offseason get here for them and see what direction they go in with the coaching staff and then players.
Weird how even when you know it's going to be bad, it still sucks to watch it all play out.
All I got to on is when the Falcons drafted the highly prized Deion with the 5th pick in 1989, Deion turned out to be everything as advertised and then some.

Spot on.

Back