Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Minnesota Vikings @ Houston Texans. Noon. 12/23. **Official GameDay Thread**

No, no he has not. What he did right there was shy away from taking a chance on salvaging this one. He showed us that he doesn't have the stones to try and turn this around. He didn't cause the loss.

I think kubiak calls plays based on what he believes his players can do.

I'm just saying....

i

GlenRice, resize that pic, please.

Or change it altogether...lol. :handshake:

I think kubiak calls plays based on what he believes his players can do.

I agree. That's probably my second biggest issue with Kubiak. If he's been building this team for 7 years and he doesn't have faith that they can do more, then there's a big failure on his part either in player selection and development or in being too much of a control freak.

Hours later and I'm still so pissed off I can't even believe it. I've never been so angry that I was actually short of breath. ****ing Texans I can't believe this ****! When they lose it's like they come out intent on seeing how loud they can make the fans boo them and you know they're getting ready to do this from the first series. The minute that drive stalled and the offense came off the field so Graham could kick the FG I could tell by the look on Schaub's half-stoned idiot face that it was going to be one of those days. You can see it in his eyes when he's not on. He looks lost or like he's trying to work some kind of problem out in his head that has nothing to do with the game he's playing.

I admit it. I am so sick of that mother****er and watching him play in slow motion. It's like watching old people **** for crying out loud. Everything is slow, deliberate, and careful. The guy couldn't make a play out of nothing to save his life. Just a robot piling up stats out there and some of you actually find that adequate. How did the end of that "Christmas Vacation" rant from Clark Griswold go? "Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

That's how I feel right now.

My last hope for this team is that they just haven't been motivated recently.

What have the really been playing for that they can't secure by winning next week?

Other teams have been more desperate, had more on the line, and as we all know football is a game where emotion can make a big difference.

If that has been the case we will come out next week NEEDING to win to get a bye and we will get it done.

My last hope for this team is that they just haven't been motivated recently.

I like to listen to the post game radio shows after the game. We get to here from a lot of the players. Today, I heard Walter, Newton, Brown, Manning, Antonio & a few others.

I don't think motivation was the issue.

I like to listen to the post game radio shows after the game. We get to here from a lot of the players. Today, I heard Walter, Newton, Brown, Manning, Antonio & a few others.

I don't think motivation was the issue.

They can talk about motivation, but then is sub conscious cruising that happens to.

I'm interested to see how they look next week, see if HAVING to win makes a difference.

Hervoyel, I felt that way after the New England game. Couldn't see straight for a few hours after that game. Today's game was troubling, but that NE game pained me.
Texans just look lost lately. Can't really fault the defense all that much when they keep an opponent to 23 and your offense averages 28, but can only manage 6.

Last edited:
Can't really fault the defense all that much when they keep an opponent to 16 and your offense averages 28, but can only manage 6.

What really hurts is that we haven't played a defense worth a crap. These are pretty poor defenses that are putting the brakes on the #3 scoring offense in the league.

Seems like everyone here is dismissing our D just because they contain Peterson. The fact of the matter is we let arguably the worst QB in nfl without his best WR played one of his best game of the season.

Hervoyel, I felt that way after the New England game. Couldn't see straight for a few hours after that game. Today's game was troubling, but that NE game pained me.
Texans just look lost lately. Can't really fault the defense all that much when they keep an opponent to 16 and your offense averages 28, but can only manage 6.

The defense even caused a turnover at the most opportune time for the Texans and they still couldn't get a TD out of it. Even when we won last week, that New England loss was still haunting me, and it this loss today just makes it worse.

Seems like everyone here is dismissing our D just because they contain Peterson. The fact of the matter is we let arguably the worst QB in nfl without his best WR played one of his best game of the season.

Chad Henne? Jake Locker?

Hmm, Ponders only had 176 yards; he has had 7 games better than this.
And the reason he didn't have to throw much in some games was because Peterson was doing a lot of damage.

This is a qb, wr league now. Those guys have been given a clear lane to make plays. Everyone has qb's that can make plays here and there.

The trick is

A) stopping them at least some if the time so you can B) put your offense on the field who should be able to capitalize more than theirs.

Even the most dominant defenses give up plays to all kinds of qb's. This is the NFL 2012. It's going to happen.

eh.....

It's hard to judge a defense when they are on the field all day. We already know they are not the '85 Bears. This game was well within reach of any Div I offense.

eh.....

It's hard to judge a defense when they are on the field all day. We already know they are not the '85 Bears. This game was well within reach of any Div I offense.

your defense was amazing you made that running back look average...if the offense didnt look like **** texans would of won for sure...

your defense was amazing you made that running back look average...if the offense didnt look like **** texans would of won for sure...

Basically, the same thing I said. However, I'm sure klockWork is referring to the score (23 points to a pathetic offense), the fact that we allowed that offense to make some pretty long drives for scores, and the fact that we gave up over 100 yards rushing.

Hmm, Ponders only had 176 yards; he has had 7 games better than this.
And the reason he didn't have to throw much in some games was because Peterson was doing a lot of damage.

By Christian Ponder standard THAT is a great game. Considering he's on the road and without his best wide out and made some critical third & long conversion. Ever since they lost Percy Harvin, Ponder has one of the lowest qb rating in football. He was a below avg qb with Harvin to begin with. Without him he's scrub. The commentator also revealed Ponder never made a play over 20yds in over two games. He made three in this game alone. Yeah, you could argue that AP was tearing it up on the ground and that Ponder didn't need to make any big plays in those games. Watching those game on nfl rewind AP made a few big plays that gauded his rushing total. But for the most part he was being tackle near the LOS or for losses that setup 3rd and long. Ponder never made any big throw to help his offense on scoring drive. But in this game given the same opportunities the Texans D allow him those big plays.

Yes, 187 yds and 1 TD aren't big by todays nfl standard. But given the facts that he's without Harvin and on the road AND he's playing in a conversative game-management mode THOSE are big numbers.

It makes me mad hearing everyone say how great of a job our D play and that our offense deserve all the blame. Our D got half their job done in stopping Peterson but failed in stopping Ponder. They should deserve half the blame for this loss.

It makes me mad hearing everyone say how great of a job our D play and that our offense deserve all the blame. Our D got half their job done in stopping Peterson but failed in stopping Ponder. They should deserve half the blame for this loss.

We have a good defense, not a great one. The defense played as well as should be expected. Take away half the possessions the Vikings had & their offensive numbers are more in line with what you are expecting.

If we had a great defense, we would take those possessions away by getting them off the field. As it is, we need our offense to do its part; stay on the field, score some points.

The defense played well enough to win that game if the offense would have done its part.

Back