Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

McNair Press Briefing

Rather than constant cheering or booing, I like to cheer the good and be silent for the bad (especially bad effort). If the team doesn't care enough to put in the effort, why should I? However, since are fans seem to be more passionate about the game then some players, I know they'll be hearing the boos too. They are expecting it. If the team doesn't give us a bouleversement on the field, they are sure to get one from the crowd.

Shame on you Mr. McNair. I have been cheering the Texans for the last three years. I didn't question the "questionable" moves. I just said "They must know what they are doing. They are paid to do this for a living." The heart and soul of this team was lost last December and did not return. It went o other NFL teams. Theres nobody to blame, but the coaches and gm for that. I will continue to support the team, but pointing the finger at the fans is not exactly the right way to gain fan support.

aj. said:
Why, so the boos will resonate more in a 3/4 full stadium?

They established a roof policy which made sense (mid-80's and above=closed) and then they still don't follow it. It's going to be a beautiful fall day in the upper 70's. <queue Lombardi> What the hell is going on around here?
More dissapointing decision making by our football braintrust.

Vinny said:
More dissapointing decision making by our football braintrust.

Isn't "braintrust" an oxymoron when Houston and football are also part of equation? :tv:

My very quick takes - roof closed on a gorgous afternoon? Tell you what. If it is closed, that might be the last straw with me. I have seen every snap this team has ever taken. If the roof is closed, that might change. Why the hell did we waste taxpayer dollars having a stadium with a retractable roof if they are going to close it when it is 75 or so at kickoff? Remember, it was originally designed as a total open air stadium. The roof was added solely for the Rodeo. As long is it's not over 85-88, or pouring rain, then keep the roof open. Football was meant to be played in the elements. Heck, we can go play in the dome if this is what will make them happy. If they think a little noise is all it will take to turn the tide in this game, then....well see my original comment above.

Booing - Booing is the opposite of cheering. Remember, fan is short for fanatic. This usually decribes somebody who is passionate about the team. Passion = emotion. If there is good emotion that = cheers. When there is bad emotion that = boos. The players get paid more in a year than some folks earn in a career. If a little booing bothers them, or they have to be "pumped up" by the fans in order to win, then I think they are pathetic, and should go find a career at a car wash.

Mcnair - I still haven't seen all of his comments. I have been too busy rooting for another team that actually has heart to worry about this pile of dog doodoo. From what I do know, it seems to me he is in a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation. Seems to me I saw people on these boards saying Mcnair should come out and say something to the fans. So he does, then people say he is blaming the fans. Seems like he is catching it from both sides. I don't think he gets off scot free, but let's at least wait until the offseason, and see what moves get made. If the wrong moves are made, then we can jump on him. Not now.

Porky said:
Isn't "braintrust" an oxymoron when Houston and football are also part of equation? :tv:

My very quick takes - roof closed on a gorgous afternoon? Tell you what. If it is closed, that might be the last straw with me. I have seen every snap this team has ever taken. If the roof is closed, that might change. Why the hell did we waste taxpayer dollars having a stadium with a retractable roof if they are going to close it when it is 75 or so at kickoff? Remember, it was originally designed as a total open air stadium. The roof was added solely for the Rodeo. As long is it's not over 85-88, or pouring rain, then keep the roof open. Football was meant to be played in the elements. Heck, we can go play in the dome if this is what will make them happy. If they think a little noise is all it will take to turn the tide in this game, then....well see my original comment above.

Booing - Booing is the opposite of cheering. Remember, fan is short for fanatic. This usually decribes somebody who is passionate about the team. Passion = emotion. If there is good emotion that = cheers. When there is bad emotion that = boos. The players get paid more in a year than some folks earn in a career. If a little booing bothers them, or they have to be "pumped up" by the fans in order to win, then I think they are pathetic, and should go find a career at a car wash.

Mcnair - I still haven't seen all of his comments. I have been too busy rooting for another team that actually has heart to worry about this pile of dog doodoo. From what I do know, it seems to me he is in a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation. Seems to me I saw people on these boards saying Mcnair should come out and say something to the fans. So he does, then people say he is blaming the fans. Seems like he is catching it from both sides. I don't think he gets off scot free, but let's at least wait until the offseason, and see what moves get made. If the wrong moves are made, then we can jump on him. Not now.
EXCELLENT POST!!!! :thumbup

Back