Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Mario movement rumors (MERGED) Signs with Buffalo $100 million

So you would rather have a habitually injured, party boy that says he's no really into playing in a 3-4. Over the best CB in the NFL.

Taking Aso and drafting Watt/Jordan/Muhammed in the 1st would seem to be the way to go. All of these guys have better motors than MW and you get ASO.

Hold up, first I don't recall Williams saying he did NOT want, or was not interested in playing a 3-4, I recall Williams saying he was skeptical about how he was going to be used in a 3-4 and he has every right to feel that way. Dude has played in a 4-3 his whole career and you are asking him to do something he has never done. Of course he is going to be a bit leery of playing in a 3-4, who wouldn't be. Doesn't mean he won't do it. You act like the dude is Fat Albert over in Washington, refusing to step on the field as a 3-4 NT. Antonio Smith said flat out HE DID NOT want to play in a 3-4 because he was not big enough to play the position which is exactly why he left Arizona. So your point here is greatly exaggerated.....

Point 2: What NFL player is NOT a party boy? Really you are going to base your argument on trading MW becasue he likes to party and drive a fast car? Tell me again how many times Mario Williams has been in trouble with the law, that has been public? I'd say about as many as Aso, and Aso is a clean nosed as they come. Again, point exaggerated....

Point 3: You are gonna draft a rookie DE ,on a defense that notorious of getting little to 0 pressure on the QB, to fill the shoes of a player, who healthy or hurt, gets you the most sacks and QB pressures on the team every year AND is a 2 time Pro Bowl player? Not a smart move especially now going into a new scheme. Oh and also, Aso is not a guarantee, period so really this whole conversation is moot....

so to answer your question, yes I would rather have one in the hand that is a proven, Pro Bowl player, than 2 in the bush that hinge on a "wish"....

Mario is going to be eaten alive by the Fatass guards hes not going to be playing a Tackle anymore he will prob not get respected and singled up

who ever our OLB will be better be clay matthews like or we are in for a long season

Hold up, first I don't recall Williams saying he did NOT want, or was not interested in playing a 3-4, I recall Williams saying he was skeptical about how he was going to be used in a 3-4 and he has every right to feel that way. Dude has played in a 4-3 his whole career and you are asking him to do something he has never done. Of course he is going to be a bit leery of playing in a 3-4, who wouldn't be. Doesn't mean he won't do it. You act like the dude is Fat Albert over in Washington, refusing to step on the field as a 3-4 NT. Antonio Smith said flat out HE DID NOT want to play in a 3-4 because he was not big enough to play the position which is exactly why he left Arizona. So your point here is greatly exaggerated.....

Point 2: What NFL player is NOT a party boy? Really you are going to base your argument on trading MW becasue he likes to party and drive a fast car? Tell me again how many times Mario Williams has been in trouble with the law, that has been public? I'd say about as many as Aso, and Aso is a clean nosed as they come. Again, point exaggerated....

Point 3: You are gonna draft a rookie DE ,on a defense that notorious of getting little to 0 pressure on the QB, to fill the shoes of a player, who healthy or hurt, gets you the most sacks and QB pressures on the team every year AND is a 2 time Pro Bowl player? Not a smart move especially now going into a new scheme. Oh and also, Aso is not a guarantee, period so really this whole conversation is moot....

so to answer your question, yes I would rather have one in the hand that is a proven, Pro Bowl player, than 2 in the bush that hinge on a "wish"....

So you wouldn't trade MW for a multiple time pro bowler (ASO) and a highly touted rookie. Man your MW love knows no bounds.

O/U 8 games before MW is hurt and remember he's going to be playing inside more this yr.

So you wouldn't trade MW for a multiple time pro bowler (ASO) and a highly touted rookie. Man your MW love knows no bounds.

O/U 8 games before MW is hurt and remember he's going to be playing inside more this yr.

Asomugha is a free agent and we can't trade for him. The basis is trading Mario to clear cap space to be able to sign Asomugha.

For any cap experts out there, would we still be on the hook for some of Mario's costs this year even if he was traded? Additionally, his savings wouldn't be free and clear because we'd then be signing 2-3 guys (that we got for him)... so the savings could in fact be marginal... or at least not as much as the OP would think.

I'd love to have Asomugha but I'd rather keep Mario and sign one of the "2nd tier" free agents like Ike Taylor or somebody. Mario is our best pass rusher on an already weak pass rushing defense. I'd hate to see the DL with Antonio Smith and some Rookies or journeyman FAs. Our LBs would get eaten alive and guess what? 2 of the most important ones (Demeco and Barwin) are coming off severe injuries.

I think that's a recipe for disaster. But to each his own... I'm one of the biggest fans for getting Asomugha, I just don't like the basis of how this thread is going about doing it.

I was just talking in hypotheticals when I said trade.

As far as ASO vs MW give me the guy who is least injured. Plus if you accept the fact that the defense isn't going to be rebuilt in 1 yr. Then this makes even more sense.

People tend to fall in love with there own on this MB. How much do you think it will cost to sign MW next off season? I bet it will be close to ASO $$$$.

The better ? is who would you be willing to trade 8 games of MW for?

Sorry if you consider me calling MW an injury prone underachiever is piling on.

Holy Jesus de Madre. Seriously read what I said. I didn't say anything about you calling MW injury prone (even though I disagree because all his injuries have been different) or an underachiever (although I disagree since he is one of the best DE's in the game while being injured). I said you were piling on because you were making up BS reasons to criticize him like bling and speeding.

I have to believe he is just stiring the pot. Are you serious?

Yeah I am serious. Incredible. But it demonstrates the fallacy of "well he hasn't been on a winning team so he can't be that good" or the flip side.

Asomugha is a free agent and we can't trade for him.

Exactly.

For any cap experts out there, would we still be on the hook for some of Mario's costs this year even if he was traded?

That's up in the air with the CBA but the expectation should be yes. The cap would be hit with whatever remains of his prorated bonuses.

For me, the question is really: "who do you want more on your defense?"

You've got one of THE shutdown cornerbacks in the league without a history in his prime OR you've got a freak athlete who has been injured quite a bit and never been able to play to his potential who has questions about his motor and questions about how well he'll fit into the new defense.

If I have the choice between the two, I go with the CB.

I hope that Mario works in this defense and I hope that he stays healthy for the full year and I hope he has a series of monster years. But I think Asomugha has a better chance of doing all those things.

If I had my druthers, I'd have both guys.

The OP is about trading Mario... but it's trading him to clear cap space in order to sign Asomugha. In reality, I don't think enough cap space would be cleared as part of his contract would still hit... plus we'd still have to sign 3 other players.

And where are you coming from with 8 games? Yes he's had minor nagging injuries since he's been here... but it's not like he's some useless over the hill injury prone player that has been missing time. Mario has played in and STARTED 77 straight games for us. That's every single game he's been a Texan... except for the last 3 of this season. He probably could have gone on and played but it was pointless - we were out of playoff contention and there was no reason to play him. Let's stop with the "Mario is a gimp that misses games" arguement.

Holy Jesus de Madre. Seriously read what I said. I didn't say anything about you calling MW injury prone (even though I disagree because all his injuries have been different) or an underachiever (although I disagree since he is one of the best DE's in the game while being injured). I said you were piling on because you were making up BS reasons to criticize him like bling and speeding.
This is what gets me too. The arguements he's injury prone and more interested in partying and being a racecar driver. lol

People act like Wade is going to use him as a standard 3-4 DE and not utilize his strengths. The unknown of how will Mario do in this system? I'm really not worried about it at all to be honest. I think Wade is going to put him in the best positions to be productive. It's possible he could be even more successful than he has been. I wish people would get off the whole "3-4" panic attack... just like the Nose Tackle business. We're not going after a fatass 3-4 nose that takes on double and triple teams every down. Not every 3-4 is the same!!

Yes Mario is going to cost a ton if and when we re-sign him. With him we are building from the front to the back. Without him, I would say we'd have THE weakest DL in the entire league. Asomugha could cover the entire secondary if he wanted to but teams would run the ball down our throat and we couldn't do a single thing to stop them. Getting rid of Mario is not the answer to turning the defense around in 1 year or 5.

Why not just sign a vet CB and a safety who is better than what is there right now? Does it have to be the best?

It has nothing to do with man love for Mario and everything to do with making an already weak pass rush weaker, especially with a rookie. Like I said, it would be fabulous to have an Aso manning the secondary, but in a 3-4 scheme you do not need that shut down corner like you do in a 4-3. You need competent DBs and a ball hawk safety to make the defense successful....

Mario is not going to be playing inside more. He isn't moving over the guard, in Phillips scheme, he lines up on the tackle still he is just responsible for the 1-2 gaps. Will he catch double teams by the guard and tackle, sure but that is also why Phillips will stand him up and move him around. I fully expect him to have a Jason Taylor type effect in Phillips defense, ie: not knowing where he is coming from and being able to make the plays.

watch the video I posted and it explains it better....

Why not just sign a vet CB and a safety who is better than what is there right now? Does it have to be the best?

Hey Gary! Dagnabbit! Quit bringing logic into our little fantasy world! Folks around here want 22 Pro Bowl players and we are not taking no for an answer!

What you suggested is exactly what the Texans should do....

As far as ASO vs MW give me the guy who is least injured. Plus if you accept the fact that the defense isn't going to be rebuilt in 1 yr. Then this makes even more sense.

People tend to fall in love with there own on this MB. How much do you think it will cost to sign MW next off season? I bet it will be close to ASO $$$$.

Bold: Then you really haven't been paying attention to who Wade Phillips is as a defensive coordinator.Many of the defenses Phillips coached in the first year, has not only improved dramatically, that team made the playoffs....

oh but because it's the Texans, that isn't gonna happen? GMAFB!

Hey Gary! Dagnabbit! Quit bringing logic into our little fantasy world! Folks around here want 22 Pro Bowl players and we are not taking no for an answer!

What you suggested is exactly what the Texans should do....
Hey, I just don't think the best is needed at least not for the 3-4 defense.

Like I said, it would be fabulous to have an Aso manning the secondary, but in a 3-4 scheme you do not need that shut down corner like you do in a 4-3.

Needing a shutdown corner or not isn't a function of 3-4 vs. 4-3. The DBs on the backend do pretty much the same stuff in either front 7 configuration.

You need a shutdown corner if you're playing man to man based coverages as your primary coverages. If you're playing zone, then you don't.

If you customarily bring more than 4 pass rushers to get pressure, then you're probably playing man to man based coverages as your primary coverages.

So it all comes down to whether Wade normally brings more than 4 guys at the QB and what kind of coverages he prefers on the backend.

The "best" is rarely, if ever available. Forget Mario in the equation for a minute...shouldn't the Texans F.O. do everything they can to bring in the BEST player to shore up the WORST pass defense?

The "best" is rarely, if ever available. Forget Mario in the equation for a minute...shouldn't the Texans F.O. do everything they can to bring in the BEST player to shore up the WORST pass defense?

Well sure. But this thread was about "clearing" cap room in order to sign "the best".

What's being suggested would be the equivalent of Andre Johnson being a Free Agent and Cleveland deciding to trade away Joe Thomas in order to get Dre.

Some fans would be for it, some fans would be against it. You'd be stealing from peter to feed paul... would their offense by any better?

By trading away one of their BEST DE they have ever had if not the best?

Time will tell on MW.

Just remember that I called last season beforehand. Wade will improve the defense and I can see an 8-8 maybe 9-7 at best. MW will be playing at a lower level because of some injury. Just like almost every other yr in his career. IMHO

By trading away one of their BEST DE they have ever had if not the best?
With a team history as short as the Texans, that's not much of an argument. It also assumes his production won't slip when converting to a 3-4 DE. Anyone not seriously worried about it has been drinking too much Wade-Ade.

To be perfectly clear - I'd be for the "trade", even though there's no trade necessary to get Asoo (unless we're back to the cap space discussion).

With a team history as short as the Texans, that's not much of an argument. It also assumes his production won't slip when converting to a 3-4 DE. Anyone not seriously worried about it has been drinking too much Wade-Ade.

To be perfectly clear - I'd be for the "trade", even though there's no trade necessary to get Asoo (unless we're back to the cap space discussion).
It sure is an argument when you consider having to draft a rookie in an area where they struggle already. So, you don't think the money is there to sign ASO right now?

We spread out the risk if we make the trade. We need alot of help on defense. If Mario was a sure thing in the new system then I don't know if it makes as much sense. But Mario is a BIG question mark. I don't think the Texans can gamble and hope he is happy in his new role and healthy. I do think he is thought of highly around the NFL or at least I hope he is or this deal will not work. Gary above said in one instant a player could be gone. If we do nothing we only have Mario. If someone is willing to trade maybe we get 3 for 1 and even if 1 goes down we have 2 other productive players. Also maybe NA is not the one to get. Maybe you get 2 highly productive players and a draft choice in the trade and sign someone else in FA, then package the 11 with the choice picked up and move up to get a better player in the draft. I don't know. All I know is if the trade happens we have multiple chance to be successful. Keep Mario and you are rolling the dice on Mario.

I agree that NA(Aso) is not the key here. The key is trading something that still has value but is very questionable and improving overall. It may possibly be that Mario is not valued enough to make any of this discussion realistic because the other teams see what we see but maybe they think that with better coaching they can make MW better. I still focus on him always having nagging injuries as the biggest negative. I think this year is the year to trade him. Next year I fear his value will have fallen considerably. How many more years is he under contract?

It sure is an argument when you consider having to draft a rookie in an area where they struggle already. So, you don't think the money is there to sign ASO right now?

In a conventional 3-4, your primary pass-rushers are you OLBs, not the DEs (see Clay Matthews). Given that as a baseline, we have Zero idea how good/bad our pass rush will be this year anyway. Honestly, I'm not knowledgeable enough on the Texans cap situation, but I do know that 8mil was freed up through our earlier cuts.

It has nothing to do with man love for Mario and everything to do with making an already weak pass rush weaker, especially with a rookie. Like I said, it would be fabulous to have an Aso manning the secondary, but in a 3-4 scheme you do not need that shut down corner like you do in a 4-3. You need competent DBs and a ball hawk safety to make the defense successful....

Mario is not going to be playing inside more. He isn't moving over the guard, in Phillips scheme, he lines up on the tackle still he is just responsible for the 1-2 gaps. Will he catch double teams by the guard and tackle, sure but that is also why Phillips will stand him up and move him around. I fully expect him to have a Jason Taylor type effect in Phillips defense, ie: not knowing where he is coming from and being able to make the plays.

watch the video I posted and it explains it better....

Thats all fine and dandy, BUT we dont have that. Well i wouldnt say that but they wouldnt succeed in a 3-4 even though u dont need Superstars in the secondary. These guys made unheard of WRs look good and washed up/Rookie QBs, and dont blame ALL that on the safties. We cant play man to save our lives, and as of now we have NO safties to help us out either.

In a conventional 3-4, your primary pass-rushers are you OLBs, not the DEs (see Clay Matthews). Given that as a baseline, we have Zero idea how good/bad our pass rush will be this year anyway. Honestly, I'm not knowledgeable enough on the Texans cap situation, but I do know that 8mil was freed up through our earlier cuts.

Right now nobody has an idea of the current cap situation because there is none and there won't be one until a new CBA is reached. Can't calculate something when you don't know the formula.

True, our LB corps were not that great if that is anything to go by. Again, what would be a trade which would make both teams happy like I said earlier. If you find a trade that fits both teams then great do it.

If Mario is 100% healthy and 100% motivated he is very good. My problem is you can probably count the number ot times this perfect storm will happen this coming season on your fingers. I hope he proves me wrong. This being his contract year may motivate him.

I think just as many underestimate Mario's ability. And why would Nnamdi want to come to Houston if we got rid of one of our better defensive players???

Didn't we already have a trade Mario" thread?

Kinda seems like cutting off your noses in spite of your face to trade arguably your best defensive player to bring in Asomugah, no?

Seems like there's a lot of assumption Mario isn't going to cut it in Phillips' defense. He's a good player, good players adapt IMHO.

I think there is way too much simplification going on regarding 4-3 and 3-4 defensive schemes, like they're rigid, set, structured fronts. When in reality, I think Wade can be very creative and fluid with the fronts.

As someone just mentioned, it sounds like we're going to be running a 4-3 during passing situations. Mario as an end, Barwin or another pass rusher likely as the other end, Antonio Smith moving inside to DT. So yes, we know what we have with Mario at 4-3 and we're still going to be having him do that. Wade is also going to be creative and put Mario in situations to succeed. Not every 3-4 DE is asked to do the same thing as all the other 3-4 DEs... I think Mario will be fine.

As far as us losing value or leverage if Mario "fails" as a 3-4 DE... I don't think that's entirely true. It may limit the number of teams that would pursue him but if he still performs well in 4-3 situations I don't think those 4-3 teams would be less interested in him.

you can pretty much generalize this statement to the entire website...

Simplified possible Mario outcomes next season:
1. Plays good when healthy but has some type of nagging injury as last two years
2. Does not adapt to 3-4.
3. Plays great in his contract year

In 1 we get probably nothing or do we get compensation because we do not sign as we did with Dunta. Last pick in draft. LOL

In 2 same as 1

In 3, do you want to give Mario say 20+ million for the next 5 years based on his last year of performance. Say the cap is 120 million. If you divide in half, half for offense and half for defense, do you really want to give Mario 33% of all money for defense? I sure don't. DO YOU?

In reality probably no player is worth that large of % of cap. Maybe Peyton or Brady etc QBs of that caliber may be the only position that warrants that and even then it is a crap shoot because of injury.

The above is why I think IF you can get a good deal in a trade this year you do it.

It is very likely that other teams view Mario in the same way and will give nothing for him this year. I don't know. But if there are teams out that that covet him I think it should seriously be considered by the Texans.

I don't think Aso is a good deal based on reasoning above.
Just my opinion.

Are you insane? 20+ mill a year for Mario at his peak is still overpaying. He could get 22 sacks this year and he won't get that kind of offer from any other team.

Based on what he has done so far, I would peg him as a 6-7 mill a year player in a 4-3. In a 3-4? Who knows...

That said, I would gladly trade him to Denver for Elvis dumerville and a 2nd.

Disagree with you Lucky, this is very different from original post.

I agree he is not worth $20mil/year. Your range is about right but if he has a good year he will get more.

My point is 1 and 2 have a better chance of happening than 3.

Therefore after this season if we do not resign we get compensation only.

If we could get a player we like and draft choices now is the time.

Now it could be that the compensation is MORE than what anybody is offering.

What do you think the Texans could get for Mario when trading resumes?
thanks

Disagree with you Lucky, this is very different from original post.

I agree he is not worth $20mil/year. Your range is about right but if he has a good year he will get more.

My point is 1 and 2 have a better chance of happening than 3.

Therefore after this season if we do not resign we get compensation only.

If we could get a player we like and draft choices now is the time.

Now it could be that the compensation is MORE than what anybody is offering.

What do you think the Texans could get for Mario when trading resumes?
thanks
If we were to trade Mario it would happen after this draft and when the new CBA is agreed to. Then it would involve 2012 draft picks and/or current players. If we really want a prospect from this years draft, say Peterson or Miller or whoever, the stars are going to have to align for THAT specific team to be willing to give up their Top 5-10 draft pick (Peterson) plus maybe a 2012 pick PLUS see the need for MArio to be on their team and be willing to give him that big contract your talking about.

I have more faith that Wade Phillips can get Mario to play great in this defense than I do Peterson or Miller coming in as a rookie and being better. Mario isn't going anywhere.

If we were to trade Mario it would happen after this draft and when the new CBA is agreed to. Then it would involve 2012 draft picks and/or current players. If we really want a prospect from this years draft, say Peterson or Miller or whoever, the stars are going to have to align for THAT specific team to be willing to give up their Top 5-10 draft pick (Peterson) plus maybe a 2012 pick PLUS see the need for MArio to be on their team and be willing to give him that big contract your talking about.

I have more faith that Wade Phillips can get Mario to play great in this defense than I do Peterson or Miller coming in as a rookie and being better. Mario isn't going anywhere.

I tend to agree with you. It makes me sick that we will get nothing or worse we sign Mario to another big contract. I would be OK with a proven player and a high draft choice next year. That is better than nothing. The Patriots get incrementally better with each trade. It may not be a blockbuster trade but they do get better and younger. The overall talent level of the team is always getting better, plus they know talent that allows them to continually get better. The Texans on the other hand tend to make trades that makes no difference or more often makes them worse. Have they ever made a trade that improved the team? I know Schaub, but we did not give up an actual player. Have we ever traded a player and received a draft choice or player? i umderstand we don't have a lot to trade. Mario is about the only one that MAY have value that I would trade. Just rambling now not looking forward to this coming season.

Would you trade Mario straight up for Patrick Peterson???
Last year of contract, physical history, ...
I think I would do it.

This may be a good for team year for Houston. Mario is in last year and needs to have a great year to get one more deal. An average year will still get him offers but probably not what he wants. If traded he needs to go to a team that needs one player and can afford him. That's why I did a post with him going to N.E.

No way, I don't usually advocate trading corner stones for rookies.

I would agree with you. But if Mario is our cornerstone we are in trouble. He has had all types of nagging issues constantly. I want somebody that goes all out leading the defense. Mario may have a career year this year ( it is his contract year) but I do not wish to commit big dollars over a long period for him based on his history. I guess I think i know what Mario is and he has had time to prove himself. I would gamble hear and do it. Just my opinion. but then again I do not think Mario hung the moon.

Last edited:
I would agree with you. But if Mario is our cornerstone we are in trouble. He has had all types of nagging issues constantly. I want somebody that goes all out leading the defense. Mario may have a career year this year ( it is his contract year) but I do not wish to commit big dollars over a long period for him based on his history. I guess I think i know what Mario is and he has had time to prove himself. I would gamble hear and do it. Just my opinion. but the again I do not think Mario hung the moon.

ranks top five in sacks since 06 not TOOOO Shabby

Yeah....I am not saying Mario is not talented, if he wasn't talented this would be a waste of time because St Louis would never consider the trade, I just think now is the time to get SOMETHING for him worth more than the last pick in the draft as compensation. I know we would get more, but still. Maybe a better question is do you think St Louis would do it straight up?

There's no guarantee that Mario will succeed as a 3-4 DE. The Bruce Smith interview that was referenced on here earlier scared the beejeesus out of anyone who's seen Mario play.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat if it either:

A) Assured me someone like Aso

B) Got me moved up in the draft to take the player (like Miller) that we wanted.

There are MANY 4-3 teams that would give plenty for him, he IS a 4-3 DE Pro-Bowler (and deservedly so).

I totally agree with this post--- Mario is a true 4-3 DE so therefore he can't make the transition. If that is what Wade Phillips has on his mind, then this will be a disaster. Amobi should be gone!!! He can't play in a 3-4 either. What are we going to get for Mario???

Mario will help us more this season - and probably next. But after that, a guy like Peterson would most likely help us more. Mario has injury problems and never played in a 3-4. But he is a proven special player. You don`t give that up easy. But Peterson and maybe a second round pick - I´d bite.

JJ Watt and Mario Williams are going to be a nightmare for opposing OC's to gameplan for. We are finally building a very strong front to our defense and I do not want to trade Mario when we're finally getting the pieces to be dangerous. Watt and Mario can both give us pro bowl type of seasons. Antonio Smith is just another guy now in my opinion. Awesome guy to rotate in and move Mario around. This will be great for our defense. Getting rid of Mario weakens us big time.

JJ Watt and Mario Williams are going to be a nightmare for opposing OC's to gameplan for. We are finally building a very strong front to our defense and I do not want to trade Mario when we're finally getting the pieces to be dangerous. Watt and Mario can both give us pro bowl type of seasons. Antonio Smith is just another guy now in my opinion. Awesome guy to rotate in and move Mario around. This will be great for our defense. Getting rid of Mario weakens us big time.

+10 :ant:

I'm still failing to see why this front office would feel it's prudent to make a move like this before seeing how Mario performs in this defense. I also don't understand the logic of trading a proven commodity for an unproven rookie?

Mario will help us more this season - and probably next. But after that, a guy like Peterson would most likely help us more. Mario has injury problems and never played in a 3-4. But he is a proven special player. You don`t give that up easy. But Peterson and maybe a second round pick - I´d bite.

Peterson AND a 2nd roung is a no brainer. I would not consider trading Mario if he did not have the constant injuries that keep him from being 100%. When 100% and motivated he is a beast. It may not even be a motivation problem it may be purely physical. The problem is I would guess in the last couple of years he has been 100% less than 50% of the time. This is his last year under contract. I think next year he is UFA. The question is do you want to sign him for another long term high dollar contract based on his RESULTS over the last 2-3 years? My opinion is no. So therefore the answer is to try and make a trade. I know it may hurt the team this year but I feel in the long run it is a better move. I think you build a solid team by making decisions based on the good of the team in the long run. Again just my opinion.

I'm still failing to see why this front office would feel it's prudent to make a move like this before seeing how Mario performs in this defense. I also don't understand the logic of trading a proven commodity for an unproven rookie?

I agree this FO would never do this because they only care about next year.
Mario is proven when 100% healthy. If he is playing at 70% he is average.

Back