Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Kubiak Supporters: Why should he stay?

Can you acknowledge that a team can be better and yet the record be worse?

I have already stated that point on numerous occasions. Kubiak deserves credit for improving the team from the Capers era. I'm not a hater and will readily admit that fact.

But, I just don't think he's a good head coach. Good coordinator? Yes. Good offensive talent evaluator? Yes. Good head coach? Based on four seasons, no.

Also realize that if Kris Brown had the same season he had last year, we are probably a virtual lock for the playoffs right now (I'm not blaming the season on a kicker, but the reality is that his kicking won us some games last year and in '07 as much as it has lost them this year)... So, I tend to not blame the FG woes on the head coach or see poor kicking as an example of a poorly coached team.

There should be attempts to analyze those games other than bringing the discussion down to FGs. It is a little disingenuous to act like Kubiak had a great head coaching game for 59 minutes of each game and it just came down to a kicker.

I think it's foolish to want Kubiak fired without a plan in place. This isn't like 2005, where cleaning house was neccessary because the organization was a disaster. So, how about the "Fire Kubiak Club" include their plan for GM, head coach, OC, DC along with any discussion of firing Kubiak. I'd definitely be interested in replacing him with someone better. But, to be hell-bent on replacing him regardless... seems spiteful and ill-conceived.

Like I mentioned in another thread, my own position is not a witch hunt or a lust for vengeance. I wanted Kubiak to succeed and be here for 20 decades as much as any other fan.

But, based on this season, compiled on top of knowledge from the other three seasons, I have just arrived at the conclusion that Kubiak has taken it as far as he can, so delaying the inevitable does just that.

Hey, I think he'll be here in 2010, and to be quite honest, I hope I am completely and utterly wrong about Kubiak. As a Texans fan, I want nothing but the best, and if Kubiak is our HC for next season, then by all means, let's hope they win and cheer accordingly.

But I'm not going to overlook his glaring weakness, shortcomings, and lack of improvement in key areas in order to be a "true fan" in someone else's eyes.

Should Soprano be fired from Miami this year? Miami has already lost more games than they did last year!!

Perhaps Harbaugh should be fired from Baltimore?

or

Belichek from NE?

or

Coughlin from NY?

or

Tomlin from Pittsburgh?

or

Jon Fox

or

Mike Smith

If your subsequent argument is that those guys have won before, then you are acknowledging that other things do matter. Who has done a worse coaching job this season?

Kubiak
Tomlin
Harbaugh
Coughlin
Belichek
These guys have all had winning seasons...recently to boot. Kubiak is on pace for his best season ever this year. Those guys by and large are all in the playoff hunt too...something Kubes isn't in.

Should Soprano be fired from Miami this year? Miami has already lost more games than they did last year!!

Perhaps Harbaugh should be fired from Baltimore?

or

Belichek from NE?

or

Coughlin from NY?

or

Tomlin from Pittsburgh?

or

Jon Fox

or

Mike Smith

If your subsequent argument is that those guys have won before, then you are acknowledging that other things do matter. Who has done a worse coaching job this season?

Kubiak
Tomlin
Harbaugh
Coughlin
Belichek

WITHOUT A DOUBT KUBIAK!!!

I dont see any of those coaches making the poor coaching decisions that Kubiak has continued to make for the last 4 years. Do you?

Please explain by what measure you are determining "improvement", Einstein. You keep babbling on how individual players have improved, yet you want to take exception as to how I packaged your thoughts? Seriously?

Please, elaborate and shed light in your thought process to determine your very own perception of improvement if it is not based on stats, wins/losses, or rankings.

I can't wait to be educated about a system that seems to elude so many other fans.

What other qualifications do HEAD COACHES get judged by in the NFL, if not final results?

I do not disagree that Kubiak is "on the right track". I just don't think he's the man to get us to the destination that this track should lead us to. Can you even comprehend the other side that believes Kubiak has reached the end of his abilities as a head coach for this team at this point in time? I'm not asking for agreement, just a confirmation that you have the ability in you to simply comprehend another perspective than your own.

I can say with complete honesty that after rewatching each individual player on each individual play that I feel fairly confident in my "non statistical assessment" of their individual performance throughout the season.

My feelings are that in fact statistics are helpful in assessing performance but that viewing 1 single stat as the only measure of performance is perhaps a bit near sighted. I would think that a rational executive would take into account more than just a win loss record when assessing his team managers effectiveness especially with a young "improving" team.

You can't expect every CEO to fire their head coach for going 8-8 twice and 5-7 thus far...

I was all about comprehension until that bolded statement above. Help me out with that one if you don't mind.

I definitely can see the line of thought that he has taken us as far as he can. I just happen to feel confident that the evidence suggests otherwise. So when I do the math that makes me right and you wrong.

EDIT:

I should clarify, when I say that makes me right and you wrong I'm explaining my stance. Not stating fact.

Last edited:
This is like a bunch of drunks arguing religion and politics. If kubiak stays all you guys will still be here. If he is sent packing all you will be here as well. Move on fellas.

These guys have all had winning seasons...recently to boot. Kubiak is on pace for his best season ever this year. Those guys by and large are all in the playoff hunt too...something Kubes isn't in.

Only Texans fans can be so myopic that comparing successful, winning head coaches somehow supports the mentality of keeping a coach that has done nothing in four seasons.

I definitely can see the line of thought that he has taken us as far as he can. I just happen to feel confident that the evidence suggests otherwise. So when I do the math that makes me right and you wrong.

In your mind, you are right.

With that we will just have to agree to disagree and see how it all plays out. Only then can we determine who is actually right about Kubiak the head coach of the Texans.

WITHOUT A DOUBT KUBIAK!!!

I dont see any of those coaches making the poor coaching decisions that Kubiak has continued to make for the last 4 years. Do you?

Bill Belichek has lost two games this season by going for 4th downs when it made no sense to do so. All five games they've lost (with Tom Brady at QB, by the way!) they had at least a 7pt lead, and had significant 2nd half leads in 4 of the 5 losses.

Mike Tomlin- They just lost at home to freakin' Oakland with a 4th quarter lead, in a must win game.

Mike Smith- Played Michael Turner one week after a high ankle sprain and set him back 3 weeks.

John Fox- watch Carolina play, and explain to me what he's doing right.

I watch a lot of NFL football, and I have a friend that has gambled and won for years. We have a running joke that we should form a coaching consultant firm and sit in a booth and advise NFL head coaches on how to manage the clock, timeouts, goal to go situations, etc... Because NFL head coaches, ALL OF THEM, consistently make really poor decisions.

I remember Mike Holmgren with Seattle kicking a FG with 2 minutes to go in the game, down 4 to Saint Louis on a 4th and 3 from the 7 yd line. Naturally, St. Louis took the kickoff of kneeled the ball for the win. I would've sworn he was trying to beat the spread it was such a poor decision. Belichek has gone for 4th downs in really poor situations all season.

You'll are more familiar with Kubiak so you are aware of more of his mistakes.

Last edited:
I can say with complete honesty that after rewatching each individual player on each individual play that I feel fairly confident in my "non statistical assessment" of their individual performance throughout the season.

My feelings are that in fact statistics are helpful in assessing performance but that viewing 1 single stat as the only measure of performance is perhaps a bit near sighted. I would think that a rational executive would take into account more than just a win loss record when assessing his team managers effectiveness especially with a young "improving" team.

You can't expect every CEO to fire their head coach for going 8-8 twice and 5-7 thus far...

I was all about comprehension until that bolded statement above. Help me out with that one if you don't mind.

No but you should expect that a CEO would evaluate their management (HC) and make a determination on whether after 4 years they had shown the capacity to improve at his trade. If im the CEO its an easy assesment for me. Kubiak has not improved in any area and threrefore should be replaced with a more capable candidate.

With that we will just have to agree to disagree and see how it all plays out. Only then can we determine who is actually right about Kubiak the head coach of the Texans.

I hope you saw my edit on that post. I wasn't stating fact with that statement. But I will agree to agree to disagree.

No but you should expect that a CEO would evaluate their management (HC) and make a determination on whether after 4 years they had shown the capacity to improve at his trade. If im the CEO its an easy assesment for me. Kubiak has not improved in any area and threrefore should be replaced with a more capable candidate.

Well that's the debate isn't it? You're not. Neither am I. But it concerns me that you feel like it would be an easy assesment. I'm certainly glad it's not you for that reason alone if not because your opinion differs from mine. That to me suggests that you're not thinking this through.

I hope you saw my edit on that post. I wasn't stating fact with that statement. But I will agree to agree to disagree.

yah, It's all good man! We are all Texans fans, so I certainly hope that there are never any hard feelings in these heated discussions.

In the end, we are all on the same boat headed to the same destination.

Bill Belichek has lost two games this season by going for 4th downs when it made no sense to do so. All five games they've lost (with Tom Brady at QB, by the way!) they had at least a 7pt lead, and had significant 2nd half leads in 4 of the 5 losses.

Mike Tomlin- They just lost at home to freakin' Oakland with a 4th quarter lead, in a must win game.

Mike Smith- Played Michael Turner one week after a high ankle sprain and set him back 3 weeks.

John Fox- watch Carolina play, and explain to me what he's doing right.

Once again I dont see any of those coaches making the same mistakes over and over again for the last 4 years, do you? Do you think Kubiak makes better decisions this year than last year? What about the year before last?

Seriously my argument is he hasnt progressed as a coach in 4 years. I wish someone could convinvce me that he has because I like Kubiak and want to beleive he is capable of taking this team to the next level. I jsut dont see it. IMO he hasnt shown any improvemnet as a coach.

Once again I dont see any of those coaches making the same mistakes over and over again for the last 4 years, do you? Do you think Kubiak makes better decisions this year than last year? What about the year before last?

Seriously my argument is he hasnt progressed as a coach in 4 years. I wish someone could convinvce me that he has because I like Kubiak and want to beleive he is capable of taking this team to the next level. I jsut dont see it. IMO he hasnt shown any improvemnet as a coach.

I share your concern. However, I think the team has progressed. I think his clock management is better but I am very concerned with his gameday decisions... However, I like that the team plays hard every week. How many teams do you see come out and consistently play with the effort and intensity that this one does?-

not pittsburgh
not Jacksonville (41-0 to seattle, for instance)
not Philadelphia
not Dallas
not Arizona

Once again I dont see any of those coaches making the same mistakes over and over again for the last 4 years, do you? .

I've seen Belichek go for it on 4th down 3 times this season when it made zero sense to do so. He lost the game vs INdy and he just lost the game vs. Miami making the same bad decision.

I share your concern. However, I think the team has progressed. I think his clock management is better but I am very concerned with his gameday decisions... However, I like that the team plays hard every week. How many teams do you see come out and consistently play with the effort and intensity that this one does?-

not pittsburgh
not Jacksonville (41-0 to seattle, for instance)
not Philadelphia
not Dallas
not Arizona
that's laughable. Do you even watch NFL games other than Texans games?

I've seen Belichek go for it on 4th down 3 times this season when it made zero sense to do so. He lost the game vs INdy and he just lost the game vs. Miami making the same bad decision.
He's made those same calls and won multiple super bowls. Seriously, are you really trying to say that Kubiak is a better coach than Bill Belichick? That gets you laughed out of every football forum on the planet. You can't just point to a bad play and say a guy is a good coach or a bad coach.

Well that's the debate isn't it? You're not. Neither am I. But it concerns me that you feel like it would be an easy assesment. I'm certainly glad it's not you for that reason alone if not because your opinion differs from mine. That to me suggests that you're not thinking this through.

If Kubiak is still making the same mistakes he made 4 years ago. If he's not getting any better at his job, then whats to think through. How do you think your boss would assess you under these circumstances?

The DVOA argument cuts both ways though. If our number is so much better than last year and our record is still just as bad, doesn't that point to coaching? In other words, we're playing UNDER what our DVOA says it should be for THIS year. There's gotta be a fault somewhere. :bubbles:

DVOA is fairly useless IMHO...show me how accurate their year-over-year projections are for all 32 teams.

wait! I thought we were on a train. What about this suggests that we're on a boat?

A train that wants to be a boat.

dangerous_oh_shit_wrong_way_train_collapse_funny_4.jpg

If I bring up bad decisions made by winning coaches, then it gets dismissed because they've won. If I bring up bad decisions made by losing coaches, then you would use it to support your point... If I bring up coaches that took awhile to win, that is dismissed also (Fisher)... You do know that the title of this thread is a request to hear from Kubiak supporters?

yah, It's all good man! We are all Texans fans, so I certainly hope that there are never any hard feelings in these heated discussions.

In the end, we are all on the same boat headed to the same destination.

I thought we were just re-arranging deck furniture on the Titanic. :thinking:

that's laughable. Do you even watch NFL games other than Texans games?

I watch a ton of football. What's laughable?

Pittsburgh, in a game they needed to win, losing at home to Oakland is laughable.

Jacksonville losing by 41 to Seattle is laughable.

I thought we were just re-arranging deck furniture on the Titanic. :thinking:

To some, yes. To others, hey look, an iceburg! But, personally, I would be a poor folk down in the bottom of the ship so I didn't even know that they had deck chairs. I'm going down with the ship!

He's made those same calls and won multiple super bowls. Seriously, are you really trying to say that Kubiak is a better coach than Bill Belichick? That gets you laughed out of every football forum on the planet. You can't just point to a bad play and say a guy is a good coach or a bad coach.

Are your comprehension skills really this poor or are you just intent on twisting my words in order to try and win an argument?

The point is that good coaches make poor decisions that cost their team games. And, sometimes, teams with good coaches and good personnel still can have mediocre or poor seasons.

If I bring up bad decisions made by winning coaches, then it gets dismissed because they've won. If I bring up bad decisions made by losing coaches, then you would use it to support your point... If I bring up coaches that took awhile to win, that is dismissed also (Fisher)... You do know that the title of this thread is a request to hear from Kubiak supporters?
you can't just pull a single play from a game here and there as an example of a good or bad coach. It's a simpleton argument. Fisher had to have 4 "home" stadiums in 3 cities over 4 years so if you think his scenario is the same as Kubiak's more power to you. The best Kubiak has ever done is .500 and everyone you bring up have been to the playoffs recently so perhaps you are bringing poor arguments to the table.

I would of gone for the 4th down agains Indy myself. You only have 1/2 yard to go to win the game and you have one of the best offenses in football as opposed to giving the ball up to arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL. Do you really want to campare calls like that to the poor decisions Kubiak has repeatidly made the last 4 years?

:gun:

If Kubiak is still making the same mistakes he made 4 years ago. If he's not getting any better at his job, then whats to think through. How do you think your boss would assess you under these circumstances?

Perhaps this boss would ask "Why?" I think that would be a good boss. My boss is me. And he thinks I'm awesome. That's why he let me sit here in my p.j.'s today and argue with you nincompoops.

Fisher was working under some very strange conditions when he reached game 60 of his coaching career. Fisher took over the Houston Oilers in midseason, replacing a fired Jack Pardee. Fisher went 1-5 that season. The next year, 1995, the Oilers were 7-9, but the whole uproar over whether the Oilers were getting a new stadium or were departing for Nashville was already well underway. The team went 8-8 under difficult circumstances in 1996 and 8-8 in 1997 as the team practiced in Nashville and played games in Memphis.

The Tennessee Oilers were 3-3 when Fisher hit the 60-game mark in 1998. They would finish that season at 8-8, and the next year, they would go to the Super Bowl. They're not really apt comparisons.

Kubiak's not dealing with the distraction of a franchise moving to another city. And he's yet to get his team to the playoffs, and they're nowhere near to sniffing a Super Bowl.

Can anybody really argue that Kubiak himself has improved? Does anyone yet have any confidence in Kubiak's clock management? Does anyone yet have any confidence in his game preparation? Does anybody yet have any confidence in his ability to make in-game adjustments? Does anybody yet have any confidence that, when the game is on the line, Kubiak will make the right decisions?

I would of gone for the 4th down agains Indy myself. You only have 1/2 yard to go to win the game and you have one of the best offenses in football as opposed to giving the ball up to arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL. Do you really want to campare calls like that to the poor decisions Kubiak has repeatidly made the last 4 years?

:gun:

This is another sign that reassures me that I'm pleased that you're not the one calling the shots in this scenario.

I don't know why some of you folks keep disagreeing with Gary Kubiak...

"That is part of this business, there is always going to be talk of that when you are not getting things done on a consistent basis and obviously, this team hasn't been consistent," Kubiak said. "We have struggled these last three weeks, so that is part of my responsibility."

December 1, 2009

The man is trying to tell you what you keep arguing with us about. :kingkong:

Perhaps this boss would ask "Why?" I think that would be a good boss. My boss is me. And he thinks I'm awesome. That's why he let me sit here in my p.j.'s today and argue with you nincompoops.

I guess you ran out of intelligent things to say so now it on to smart ass remarks and insults. Typical pro Kubiakers. :kitten:

This is another sign that reassures me that I'm pleased that you're not the one calling the shots in this scenario.

And this post is another sign that reassures me that I'm pleased that you're not the one calling the shots in this scenario.

:smooch:

Sorry, it was too good to pass up.

But seriously, I did actually make a serious comment before I dropped my smartass bomb.

And that was to say that I think a good evaluation involves more than just looking at the results. It's trying to understand the cause.

When I do that, I see somethings that give me more patience and belief that the current HC is perhaps the right man for the job.

I don't know why some of you folks keep disagreeing with Gary Kubiak...

The man is trying to tell you what you keep arguing with us about. :kingkong:

It's been a bad season. And, Kubiak is responsible for at least some of what has gone wrong. I'm not defending him. I've watched football intently for over 30 years and have consistently seen good coaches make bad decisions. I'm much less concerned with a call or two that was made than I am about some of his personnel decisions. For instance, coming out of the bye with Chris Brown starting is very troubling. And, willingly entering the season with Barber and Ferguson (due to Wilson's injury) as starting safeties was very troubling. Stubbornly falling back to zone runs when other runs are much more effective troubles me. I have plenty of concerns. However, the weight of those concerns aren't greater than the unknown of firing him without a replacement and cohesive plan in place.

Sorry, it was too good to pass up.

But seriously, I did actually make a serious comment before I dropped my smartass bomb.

And that was to say that I think a good evaluation involves more than just looking at the results. It's trying to understand the cause.
When I do that, I see somethings that give me more patience and belief that the current HC is perhaps the right man for the job.

And in your evaluation what would be the cause if Kubiaks lack of improvemnet as a HC? :spin: Im spinning in my chair in anticipation of your answer.

Wow, we need to take the inflammatory rhetoric down a notch or two. I realize that opinions and emotions run strong on both sides. I consider myself to be a huge fan of this team, and I've convinced myself that I'm 101% dead-on-balls-accurate on this issue. Just as everyone else is totally convinced of their opinion.

And I also realize that good nature poking can turn into something uglier. That's what has happened here and in many of the other Kubiak threads. Rather than having the mods go into them all and start whacking away at posts and posts quoting abusive posts, let's just stop making personal assertions altogether, and stick to facts and opinions regarding the coach, the players, and the organization. Attack the message, not the messenger.

And in your evaluation what would be the cause if Kubiaks lack of improvemnet as a HC? :spin: Im spinning in my chair in anticipation of your answer.
Are you dizzy yet?

I would argue that in some respect his focus on playcalling was part of it. I think as he's given over some of the responsibilities his clock management improved as well as his challenge usage.

I would argue that injuries to 3 starters on the offense this year contributed.

I would argue that having one of the youngest teams in the NFL has contributed.

I would argue that having to grow a winning attitude and confidence from scratch contributed.

I would argue that playing in a very stable division contributed.

I would argue that learning a new defensive scheme contributed.

I would argue that every running back that has taken snaps putting the ball on the ground contributed.

I would say that overall the team has continued to improve and that I would like to give him another year and assess where the team is at by the end of the season next year.

It's been a bad season. And, Kubiak is responsible for at least some of what has gone wrong. I'm not defending him. I've watched football intently for over 30 years and have consistently seen good coaches make bad decisions. I'm much less concerned with a call or two that was made than I am about some of his personnel decisions. For instance, coming out of the bye with Chris Brown starting is very troubling. And, willingly entering the season with Barber and Ferguson (due to Wilson's injury) as starting safeties was very troubling. Stubbornly falling back to zone runs when other runs are much more effective troubles me. I have plenty of concerns. However, the weight of those concerns aren't greater than the unknown of firing him without a replacement and cohesive plan in place.

I'm not questioning your football acumen. That being said, I'm sure in that 30 years you have watched bad coaches make good decisions, too.

The problems you mention are part of a bigger picture that I think will repeat itself next season, and this is my concern. We, as Texans fans, sit through yet another mediocre season of improved team with average results. Those problems, to me, are far greater than the unknown of replacing him. So we see the same thing but arrive at different conclusions.

"Bottom line, it's my job to find some consistency in the group," coach Gary Kubiak said. "The team's (lack of) consistency : it's on me.".

"I've got to figure some kind of consistency in what we're doing," said Houston head coach Gary Kubiak. "It comes back on me, the teams consistency comes back on the coach which is me."

Did they quit? Does it matter? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it'll pass as a duck.

Afterward, the coach said the same things he almost always says. He pointed a finger at himself. And then he did it again and again and again.

“It comes back to me,” Gary Kubiak said.

And …

“It comes back on the coach.”

And …

“It's on me.”

And again, more Kubiak quotes from other games. Why are you Kubiak supporters arguing with the guy? He is telling you - point blank - that the inconsistent play is his fault.

Do y'all think Kubiak is a liar? Do you not trust his judgment of his football team? He is either telling the truth or not. Which one is it?

Wow, we need to take the inflammatory rhetoric down a notch or two. I realize that opinions and emotions run strong on both sides. I consider myself to be a huge fan of this team, and I've convinced myself that I'm 101% dead-on-balls-accurate on this issue. Just as everyone else is totally convinced of their opinion.

And I also realize that good nature poking can turn into something uglier. That's what has happened here and in many of the other Kubiak threads. Rather than having the mods go into them all and start whacking away at posts and posts quoting abusive posts, let's just stop making personal assertions altogether, and stick to facts and opinions regarding the coach, the players, and the organization. Attack the message, not the messenger.

I actually have been enjoying the banter. At least in my ring. Double Barrel and I are almost bff by this point in the debate!

I think the "right way" would be to assess it then. I can't say for sure what circumstances will be involved in this "hypothetical improved 8-8 team" that you keep talking about. I've been arguing all along that there are more complex factors to assess other than just the record alone. That's why I can't answer you on that. I don't know how I would feel at that point.

But, regardless I'm glad you're starting to see it my way. :)

Good, then I'm ahead of the game if I consider other factors when assessing this "hypothetically improved" team this year. Record is an important factor to me.

I think DVOAs might be too, if I can just find out how many it takes to get into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. :)

As far as seeing things your way, I'm afraid I haven't been persuaded. For the most part I found your presentation not a way to highlight, but a way to distract the reader from, any good points you might have had.

I'm not questioning your football acumen. That being said, I'm sure in that 30 years you have watched bad coaches make good decisions, too.

The problems you mention are part of a bigger picture that I think will repeat itself next season, and this is my concern. We, as Texans fans, sit through yet another mediocre season of improved team with average results. Those problems, to me, are far greater than the unknown of replacing him. So we see the same thing but arrive at different conclusions.

And again, more Kubiak quotes from other games. Why are you Kubiak supporters arguing with the guy? He is telling you - point blank - that the inconsistent play is his fault.

Do y'all think Kubiak is a liar? Do you not trust his judgment of his football team? He is either telling the truth or not. Which one is it?

I think the thinking is that he'll figure it out. I think some think he wont. I'm of the opinion that I still want to give him time to try. I don't know if he will but I feel like I see enough from him to let him keep trying. I don't disagree with him when he says it's on me. He has to coach them to play better. He's not doing it well enough but I still see reason to think he will.

They aren't considered "good" when it's four straight poor seasons.

6-10 with that mess of a team in 2006 was a good coaching job.
8-8 with that talent and injury situation in 2007 was a good coaching job.

You can't blame the man for the fact that the organization was a disaster when we took it over.

If you guys want the team to get better, let's hear your solution. Firing Kubiak leaves the team without a coach. Who do you hire? What happens at GM and who are the coordinators going to be?

Good, then I'm ahead of the game if I consider other factors when assessing this "hypothetically improved" team this year. Record is an important factor to me.

I think DVOAs might be too, if I can just find out how many it takes to get into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. :)

As far as seeing things your way, I'm afraid I haven't been persuaded. For the most part I found your presentation not a way to highlight, but a way to distract the reader from, any good points you might have had.

Well you should see my powerpoint! And I've got key chains I'm giving away!

That is another thread and debate alltogether. For me this is about whether Kubiak is a good enough coach to take us to the next level. For the reasons yo stated above and plenty more I say NO he isnt.

Can anybody really argue that Kubiak himself has improved? Does anyone yet have any confidence in Kubiak's clock management? Does anyone yet have any confidence in his game preparation? Does anybody yet have any confidence in his ability to make in-game adjustments? Does anybody yet have any confidence that, when the game is on the line, Kubiak will make the right decisions? Does anybody yet have any confidence in his ability to make personell decisions?

I cant answer yes to any of these questions. Can you?

Back