User Name	Posts
HoustonFrog	18
mussop		15
Thorn		14
GP		10
Texan_Bill	7
Double Barrel	7
houstonspartan	7

I thought it was interesting who the top posters in this thread were. Some people have demonstrated an inability to allow others to have a difference of opinion, thoughts of their own, and insist on having the last word.

Post count shows inability to allow others to have a difference of opinion, thoughts of their own, and insist on having the last word? Then what does that say about you and your 4,156 Total Posts since 08-19-2007?

Can I get a Joe Texan to English translator please? Classy

that post is from the same guy who thinks Kubiak is going to take us to a Super Bowl. why are you surprised, HF?

I give up trying to prove that Kubiak has been a failure. It's not even up for debate. he has failed and he has already proven that he is not a winning head coach even if we win the remaining 3 games.

opinions and excuses are subjective and open to interpretation. one thing is undeniable over a 4 year period. Kubiak is NOT a winning head coach in the NFL.

Period, Joe. Period. you can't argue that. Kubiak is not a winning head coach. it's a fact.

So please go away and stop acting like Kubiak is going to take us to the promised land. I could give a retarded monkey a frontal lobe lobotomy with a Swiss Army Knife while blindfolded and even then he would still know that Kubiak is a failure.

Failure, Joe. Not winning is failing and he has proven to not be a winner. Over a 4 year stretch.

But I guess Kubiak gets a free pass from you because he never had the job before? At what point does that excuse stop holding water? You were the same guy that wanted more of David Carr year after year...and you were proven wrong. Did you not learn then that maybe your loyalty blinds your ability to be objective regarding the Texans?

just a parade of ignorant posts 24/7.....par for the course I guess. Houston fans can be pretty good but some of our fans are amongst the most clueless in the country. It's like half of our fanbase is composed of Drayton McLane-types mired in myopia and showing no basis of reality.

also, why the fixation with prison rape and dropping soap? why ever mention KY jelly in a post? cmon now. you can talk about KY but I am going to talk about Kubiak's failed term as HC and how he is a proven loser and that is a fact that can not be denied. His best shot is a 9-7 record in 2009 which would give him a 64-64 record. Is that enough for you Joe? You make stupid jokes about the Cowboys failures and their fans but at least they can put together a winning season...and even then their fans and ownership knows that its probably going to take a new head coach to get somewhere.

but keep up the juvenile anal rape jokes and KY jelly comments and type the same 'soap dropper' joke for the millionth time...you come across as an illiterate buffoon. just an observation.

Last edited:
That seems to happen sometimes in here. I'm not taking any disagreements personally unless someone makes it obvious that way, so I hope that you don't take anything I say personally in the future. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish stuff like that online though as oppose to talking to someone face to face where you can be disagreeing and even arguing but it's still very civil and healthy conversation. Sorry for the confusion on my part earlier though.

Not taken personally here. I was just confused.

You are correct that some posts written, as opposed to spoken, can and will be taken differently than what was intended.

There are only a few that get angry that not everyone agrees with them.
They make it personal and people pile on them deservingly so. Instead of pointing out post counts why dont you point out posts that reflect your opinion. I dont appreciate having my name thrown in there with people that do that.

Last edited:
that post is from the same guy who thinks Kubiak is going to take us to a Super Bowl. why are you surprised, HF?

I give up trying to prove that Kubiak has been a failure. It's not even up for debate. he has failed and he has already proven that he is not a winning head coach even if we win the remaining 3 games.

opinions and excuses are subjective and open to interpretation. one thing is undeniable over a 4 year period. Kubiak is NOT a winning head coach in the NFL.

Period, Joe. Period. you can't argue that. Kubiak is not a winning head coach. it's a fact.

So please go away and stop acting like Kubiak is going to take us to the promised land. I could give a retarded monkey a frontal lobe lobotomy with a Swiss Army Knife while blindfolded and even then he would still know that Kubiak is a failure.

Failure, Joe. Not winning is failing and he has proven to not be a winner. Over a 4 year stretch.

But I guess Kubiak gets a free pass from you because he never had the job before? At what point does that excuse stop holding water? You were the same guy that wanted more of David Carr year after year...and you were proven wrong. Did you not learn that maybe you don't know crap about football and are a blind homer?

just a parade of ignorant posts 24/7.....par for the course I guess. Houston fans can be pretty good but some of our fans are amongst the most clueless in the country.

also, why the fixation with prison rape and dropping soap? why ever mention KY jelly in a post? cmon now. you can talk about KY but I am going to talk about Kubiak's failed term as HC and how he is a proven loser and that is a fact that can not be denied. His best shot is a 9-7 record in 2009 which would give him a 64-64 record. Is that enough for you Joe? You make stupid jokes about the Cowboys failures but at least they can put together a winning season...and even then their fans and ownership knows that its probably going to take a new head coach to get over the hump.

but keep up the juvenile anal rape jokes and KY jelly....you come across as an illiterate buffoon.

Dude, just stop. You're wasting your time. I had the same problem last week with a few people. I pointed out that those who wanted Kubiak gone were arguing FACTS.

His response was something like, "Well, you don't know for a fact that he won't be a good coach next year."

That was all I needed to hear. You're talking to brick walls. Don't waste your breath.

There are only a few that get angry that not everyone agrees with them.
They make it personal and people pile on them deservingly so. Instead of pointing out post counts why dont you point out posts that reflect your opinion. I dont appreciate having my name thrown in there with people that do that.

I don't believe that was me that did that.

Cincy is in the AFC South? That's news to me.

Don't be nonsensical. I said exactly what I meant - Cincy is a division leader (and has twice beat last year's SB winner). I consider that a big game. You don't have to obviously. Big games are not restricted to division games.

Not taken personally here. I was just confused.

You are correct that some posts written, as opposed to spoken, can and will be taken differently than what was intended.

BS. Let's just say it like it should be. All of yall can kiss my butt. I'm right, and yall are ALL wrong, everyone of you. Only I'm right. That's just the way it is. :)

:lol:

Code:
Who Posted?
Total Posts:    193
User Name	Posts
HoustonFrog	18
mussop		15
Thorn		14
GP		10
Texan_Bill	7
Double Barrel	7
houstonspartan	7

I thought it was interesting who the top posters in this thread were. Some people have demonstrated an inability to allow others to have a difference of opinion, thoughts of their own, and insist on having the last word.

Post whores!! :runaway:

Dude, just stop. You're wasting your time. I had the same problem last week with a few people. I pointed out that those who wanted Kubiak gone were arguing FACTS.

His response was something like, "Well, you don't know for a fact that he won't be a good coach next year."

That was all I needed to hear. You're talking to brick walls. Don't waste your breath.

i know, man. i guess i am just a sucker for a good argument.

maybe i should go to the Argument Clinic instead of arguing with people who possess the intelligence of a rock.

300px-Argument_Clinic.png

Don't be nonsensical. I said exactly what I meant - Cincy is a division leader (and has twice beat last year's SB winner). I consider that a big game. You don't have to obviously. Big games are not restricted to division games.

Of course big games aren't restricted to the division. But are you telling me you were just itching for the Cincy game all year and couldn't wait to get to it?

The Cincy game was big IN HINDSIGHT because it showed that we could play for a full 60. But, prior to the game, it was just another "oh, what are the Texans going to do THIS week" kind of game.

Post count shows inability to allow others to have a difference of opinion, thoughts of their own, and insist on having the last word? Then what does that say about you and your 4,156 Total Posts since 08-19-2007?

It says that she averages 4.89 posts per day. :kitten:

i know, man. i guess i am just a sucker for a good argument.

maybe i should go to the Argument Clinic instead of arguing with people with the intelligence of a rock.

300px-Argument_Clinic.png

Yeah.

I was talking with someone about next year's potential record if Kubiak returns. I gave them an honest assesment of what I thought would happen.

You have six division games, which means six losses right off the bat. Ok, they may pull out one win. So that's five division losses. Then, we have the NFC East coming in, which are tough teams, so that's at least another two losses.

That's seven losses.

Then, we always manage to bungle another loss or two here and there.

That's eight losses next year. At least.

My scenario is a guess, but it's an educated guess based on Kubiaks past performance. It a baseline from which to infer events.

This person's response when I said all of this: "Dude, are you even a Texans fan?"

Clueless. Sometimes, you just have to stop wasting your breath.

But I guess Kubiak gets a free pass from you because he never had the job before? At what point does that excuse stop holding water? You were the same guy that wanted more of David Carr year after year...and you were proven wrong. Did you not learn then that maybe your loyalty blinds your ability to be objective regarding the Texans?

just a parade of ignorant posts 24/7.....par for the course I guess. Houston fans can be pretty good but some of our fans are amongst the most clueless in the country. It's like half of our fanbase is composed of Drayton McLane-types mired in myopia and showing no basis of reality.

also, why the fixation with prison rape and dropping soap? why ever mention KY jelly in a post? cmon now. you can talk about KY but I am going to talk about Kubiak's failed term as HC and how he is a proven loser and that is a fact that can not be denied. His best shot is a 9-7 record in 2009 which would give him a 64-64 record. Is that enough for you Joe? You make stupid jokes about the Cowboys failures and their fans but at least they can put together a winning season...and even then their fans and ownership knows that its probably going to take a new head coach to get somewhere.

but keep up the juvenile anal rape jokes and KY jelly comments and type the same 'soap dropper' joke for the millionth time...you come across as an illiterate buffoon. just an observation.
Has there ever been a coach that "failed for four years" and then did pretty well? http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm because this guy comes to mind.

Has there ever been a coach that "failed for four years" and then did pretty well? http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm because this guy comes to mind.

dude that was almost 40 years ago and in a league of less than 20 teams and during a time where there was no Free Agency and it was not as easy to turn things around quickly.

when will people stop going to the Landry card? it is the epitome of grasping at straws.

that was 40 years ago, dude. turn the page and stop using it to support your flawed argument. and please, stop sullying Landry's good name by comparing him to a coach that has never shown anything but the ability to lose big games and is such a wuss that he can't even watch the game that he coaches. comparing Landry to Kubiak. So I guess we should have given Capers a 5th year too huh? At least Capers had an excuse. he had garbage at QB....and the same people championing Kubiak are the same people that acted like Carr was Jesus in cleats and blamed everyone but him.

Just an observation...maybe some people just are ignorant to the facts and can't see the forest through the trees.

basically when you go to the Landry card, you are saying 'Uncle' or 'Mercy'

I'd dare say all of them. Still, there aren't many with a failure rate of 100% with a sample size over 4 years.

On the other hand, most people didn't look at Kubiak's year 1 and 2 as failures at the time. It's only in hindsight that they get the designation. And ironically, 10-6 was the favorite for the leading Houston based projection (Vegas set the over/under at 8-8). I'm not sure that if we get to 9-6 it can be considered super-horrendous failure if you're only 1 game off homer expectations.

Ford Fairlane says: "What the **** is mano y mano?"

I'd like to see Second Honeymoon v. Joe Texan

:jk: :stirpot:

You know if Texans tailgate had boxing in it, that would keep our tailgate in the #1 spot for years to come instead of Fire Kubiak soaps it would be a real texans fight club on Sunday's that would be awesome.

Good gobbly, are people STLL making Tom Landry references?

Wow.

Let's just give Kubiak a 30-year contract and call it a day already.

It's almost like people completely forget about the dozens of other 3,4 and 5 year failure experiments with guys like Marriuchi, Capers, Mangini, Edwards, Juaron, Campo, Turner, and so so many others who have been the major wide majority of failed tenures that ended up leaving franchises in termoil when compared to a situation like Landry and Fisher. And Landry is the most ridiculous example to try and use because that was like 30 freaking years ago in a completely different era of the NFL. It's crazy I tell ya.

You know if Texans tailgate had boxing in it, that would keep our tailgate in the #1 spot for years to come instead of Fire Kubiak soaps it would be a real texans fight club on Sunday's that would be awesome.

There was a battle in Blue Crew, once.... Once. VY fan boi was left a little bloodied.

It's almost like people completely forget about the dozens of other 3,4 and 5 year failure experiments with guys like Marriuchi, Capers, Mangini, Edwards, Juaron, Campo, Turner, and so so many others who have been the major wide majority of failed tenures that ended up leaving franchises in termoil when compared to a situation like Landry and Fisher. And Landry is the most ridiculous example to try and use because that was like 30 freaking years ago in a completely different era of the NFL. It's crazy I tell ya.

Yep.

The Detroit Lions, for example, had, over a 10 year period, Steve Marriuci, Marty Morenwheig, and Rod Marinelli. Where are they now?

The Minnesota Vikings. Remember Mike Tice? I didn't think so.

Buffalo had Mike Mularkey for a few years earlier this decade. Who?

San Francisco had Dennis Erickson, that lasted for two whole years, and then Mike Nolan, that lasted for three.

And on and on. As you said, the NFL is loaded with failed two to five year experimental coaches. It happens.

Ford Fairlane says: "What the **** is mano y mano?"

I'd like to see Second Honeymoon v. Joe Texan

:jk: :stirpot:

ahh, if me and Joe Texan met up we would share a beer, bong, and/or beerbong and probably laugh about all of this. i will give him credit for being a loyal fan but i think we may have crossed the line between loyalty and ignorance. just my opinion.

i remember when the whole Carr Wars were going on, I openly invited people who were crusading for Carr to come sit in my section and hang out with me and my family. That offer still stands. i am sure the endzone is gonna be a bit more vacant than usual due to the fact that the season is over, so there should be room for some peeps to come down. i couldn't even give away my seats last week so there should be room.

Section 134 Row N. Nice seats and were right behind Halliburton Heroes so you get on TV if you want. Even with the newborn arriving, I hope to leave the wife and kids at home and break away for the season ending Patriots game. If you can get past the ticket lady, come on down and look for the 6'5" 280lb. white guy in the Cushing jersey. We will squash that bug and enjoy the last game of the season because its gonna be a though pill to swallow. I am seriously heartbroken that our season is about to be over. Ugh. This past offseason went pretty fast but I have a feeling this offseason is going to be a long one.

for the record, I don't think Kubiak is fired unless we lose to St.Louis or if we lose 2 of the remaning 3. sadly, I think 7-9 may even save his job. I just want McNair to try and see if Cowher is interested. Just make the call. It would be an upgrade. if he isn't and either Gruden and Schotty aren't interested, I would be willing to tempt fate and give Kubiak another year....BUT NO NEW CONTRACT. LAME DUCK ONLY.

Last edited:
How about me??

Signed

7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, Jeff Fisher

I don't know if it's a good example or not but Norv Turner has quietly turned around his career, though he will probably never get credit for it.

Coughlin went four years straight without hitting 8 wins even.

Marvin Lewis has had 9+ wins in 2 of 7 seasons.

And of course Bellichick had his first winning season in year 4, then two 5 win seasons following.

That's just current head coachs. I've been meaning to do a longer coaching project over the last two years and see what comes out of it. Maybe this will be the motivation.

Yep.

The Detroit Lions, for example, had, over a 10 year period, Steve Marriuci, Marty Morenwheig, and Rod Marinelli. Where are they now?

The Minnesota Vikings. Remember Mike Tice? I didn't think so.

Buffalo had Mike Mularkey for a few years earlier this decade. Who?

San Francisco had Dennis Erickson, that lasted for two whole years, and then Mike Nolan, that lasted for three.

And on and on. As you said, the NFL is loaded with failed two to five year experimental coaches. It happens.

"There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired,"

ahh, if me and Joe Texan met up we would share a beer, bong, and/or beerbong and probably laugh about all of this. i will give him credit for being a loyal fan but i think we may have crossed the line between loyalty and ignorance. just my opinion.

i remember when the whole Carr Wars were going on, I openly invited people who were crusading for Carr to come sit in my section and hang out with me and my family. That offer still stands. i am sure the endzone is gonna be a bit more vacant than usual due to the fact that the season is over, so there should be room for some peeps to come down. i couldn't even give away my seats last week so there should be room.

Section 134 Row N. Nice seats and were right behind Halliburton Heroes so you get on TV if you want. Even with the newborn arriving, I hope to leave the wife and kids at home and break away for the season ending Patriots game. If you can get past the ticket lady, come on down and look for the 6'5" 280lb. white guy in the Cushing jersey. We will squash that bug and enjoy the last game of the season because its gonna be a though pill to swallow. I am seriously heartbroken that our season is about to be over. Ugh. This past offseason went pretty fast but I have a feeling this offseason is going to be a long one.

for the record, I don't think Kubiak is fired unless we lose to St.Louis or if we lose 2 of the remaning 3. sadly, I think 7-9 may even save his job. I just want McNair to try and see if Cowher is interested. Just make the call. It would be an upgrade. if he isn't and either Gruden and Schotty aren't interested, I would be willing to tempt fate and give Kubiak another year....BUT NO NEW CONTRACT. LAME DUCK ONLY.

Ah, so you're a season ticket holder like I am, I see. I get why you're so angry. I feel you.

I disagree that Kubes keeps his job at 7-9. How could he? McNair has gone on record many times saying that 8-8 wasn't good enough, and that great coaches don't go 8-8.

At 7-9 he'd have to fire him.
Hell, at 8-8 he might have to as well.

We're back to Landry and Fisher now.

This argument's gone full circle.

I guess I'm pretty close myself. Kubiak gets to keep his job if he beats the Rams. I don't like it, but 7-9 is where the bar's at this year.

Yep. People will keep giving you facts that suggest a different possibility than you insist on.

Here is a fact for you.

1960 0 -11 -1
1961 4 - 9 - 1
1962 5 - 8 - 1
1963 4 - 10
1964 5 - 8 - 1
1965 7 - 7
and finally after 6 years a winning season.

1966 10 - 3 - 1

Are you suggesting we wait seven years before firing Kubiak?

Ah, so you're a season ticket holder like I am, I see. I get why you're so angry. I feel you.

I disagree that Kubes keeps his job at 7-9. How could he? McNair has gone on record many times saying that 8-8 wasn't good enough, and that great coaches don't go 8-8.

At 7-9 he'd have to fire him.
Hell, at 8-8 he might have to as well.

the last few years the only thing that has kept me on as a season ticket holder are some generous Christmas bonuses from my bosses. Without those, I would have probably had to bail in 2007. This year I should get a decent bonus again but with a newborn and a maturing 7 year old daughter, is it the right thing to do? I could spend half the money we spend on season tickets and get a huge screen TV, sunday ticket, and have Pappasito's To-Go every Sunday and still have money left over for hippie lettuce and Bud Light. What else do you need on a sunday?

i hope you are right but I don't want to fire Kubiak to somehow punish Kubiak or to punish the people still supporting him. I want an upgrade. I don't want another experiment or hotshot coordinator. I want a proven commodity that can help this team live up to expectations and play to the best of their ability.

its basically Cowher, Gruden, Schotty, or Holmgren for me. There are a few guys out there that are unproven that I wouldn't mind taking a look at, but I think we need a guy with a proven plan, good coaching connections, experience in game situations, and who has run a team before. it's a short list but why wouldn't anyone want to come here. Young team, great facilities, and one of the few local economies that aren't completely in the tank.

The only negative is we do have Peyton in our division and our OL is built a bit too much on finesse. Its already making the news that Cowher to Carolina is far from a sure thing. In fact, I don't think its a good fit. He would be setting himself up for failure. If I was Cowher, I would have either the Texans, Redskins, or Cowboys as my preferred destination. Carolina and Chicago would be much further behind.

We're back to Landry and Fisher now.

This argument's gone full circle.

I guess I'm pretty close myself. Kubiak gets to keep his job if he beats the Rams. I don't like it, but 7-9 is where the bar's at this year.

What?! How could you not want to keep him after big wins over the Seahawks and Rams?

:sarcasm:

There was a battle in Blue Crew, once.... Once. VY fan boi was left a little bloodied.

Dadgum, I wish I would've been there.

This thread's getting a bit ridiculous, no? I think we all want what's best for the Texans and have differing opinions on what that would be. IMO, it's practically obvious Kubiak will be here next season whether we like it or not and there ain't diddly we can do about it. I can understand threads with civil discussions of what to do and why. I don't understand verbally *****-slapping each other when somebody else won't support a particular opinion that quite frankly, ain't likely going to happen either.

Just remember, we all want the same thing.

I don't know if it's a good example or not but Norv Turner has quietly turned around his career, though he will probably never get credit for it.

Coughlin went four years straight without hitting 8 wins even.

Marvin Lewis has had 9+ wins in 2 of 7 seasons.

And of course Bellichick had his first winning season in year 4, then two 5 win seasons following.

That's just current head coachs. I've been meaning to do a longer coaching project over the last two years and see what comes out of it. Maybe this will be the motivation.

Are you suggesting we just ride it out with Kubiak no matter how long it takes because eventually he will become a good coach?

Back