Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Kareem Jackson's plight.

^^^^

This, I've dogged KJ for a 1.5 yrs and running. With that said he seems to be really improving. He had a great game today. Maybe the light is coming on for himm. No more not turning his head and looking for the ball/falling down.

Those were the days.......

He didnt turn his head on the play he broke up in the end zone ..... which I thought should have been PI .... but I wont complain that the ref didnt make the call.

i'll give jackson a little more credit if he plays like this against quality nfl receivers... something the browns and bucs don't seem to have.

C'mon man, give him some props. You would be all over him (just like the rest of us) if he was giving up big plays to second tier players. This is a step in the right direction.

Go Texans!

He didnt turn his head on the play he broke up in the end zone ..... which I thought should have been PI .... but I wont complain that the ref didnt make the call.

His head was not turned but his head was back looking at the ball. That was not an PI.

You can only play who's on your schedule ..... but Jackson has had two good weeks in a row.

I did think the pass he broke up in the end zone was a PI that went uncalled. Lots of contact and he never turned around to see the ball .... But I'll take it and not complain one bit.

Overall, I'd say Jackson has had a less than spectacular but solid season. He has had some rough moments, but he looks much better than last year. That's a good thing.

I can't even get my mouth to complain or nit pick about anything he's done, I'm judt happy with the improvement.

i think we're starting to see the player that we drafted in the first round. yall forget that he's only in his second year and spent the first being taught way wrong obviously. now even despite no offseason (reminder only a sophomore), he's got some talent and coaching around him and is growing by leaps and bounds each week. it's debatable whether kareem's ever going to become a "shutdown" type player, but it's still very early and at this rate he's becoming a solid starting cornerback. i'd put him well ahead of allen with the gap growing each week.

One thing many people mention in Allen's favor is his ball skills. He has a knack for getting the ball.

Kareem doesn't & never has. He was a 4 year starter at Alabama & had one career INT. He was a shutdown corner at Alabama & looks like he'll be that cover guy for us.

KJ keeps giving me hope every week that he isn't a bust. He's starting to become a good CB, a little more time and he should live up to his rookie year hype.

One thing many people mention in Allen's favor is his ball skills. He has a knack for getting the ball.

Kareem doesn't & never has. He was a 4 year starter at Alabama & had one career INT. He was a shutdown corner at Alabama & looks like he'll be that cover guy for us.

i'm ok with that though, i'd rather force 3 and outs than give up a ton of yards in return for a handful of turnovers. the oakland game stands out in that regard. sure allen had an interception but he got abused all game and was the weakest link in a loss.

selective memory. Jojo was abused on the 2 yard conversion on the same play twice...THere were also a few other plays as well, can't remember. JoJo did not have a good game.

Abused is too strong of a word. He was beat on a well designed play.

If I'm not mistaken he had to run through some traffic to get to the receiver

I saw it,

But there were other plays that he did look back.

Cant wait to see what he does against the Falcons/Panthers. That should be a more true test of his progress.

I was just giving him a little credit for todays great game.

Do you think he will play well against Roddy White? I say White because there's no way in hell if I'm Wade Phillips I'm going to put anyone but JoJo on Julio Jones or else I'm going to see CBs falling down all day watching that guy racing to the end zone.

Do you think he will play well against Roddy White? I say White because there's no way in hell if I'm Wade Phillips I'm going to put anyone but JoJo on Julio Jones or else I'm going to see CBs falling down all day watching that guy racing to the end zone.

Julio Jones has a hamstring.... may not be 100% in 3 weeks.

I would put JoJo on Jones and give KJ help with a S over the top. Jones may not be healthy and if he doesn't play that would change everything.

Gonzales and Turner worry me more than White. Man the Falcons have some weapons. Luckily they have OL issues. Wade will cause them problems scheme wise.

Gonzales and Turner worry me more than White. Man the Falcons have some weapons. Luckily they have OL issues. Wade will cause them problems scheme wise.

We'll probably have our safeties & LBs work the over/under on the TEs & RBs....

Unless Allen is on the field, then one of them will play over the top of him.

We'll probably have our safeties & LBs work the over/under on the TEs & RBs....

Unless Allen is on the field, then one of them will play over the top of him.

:vincepalm: Oh lord this again. I am sorry but i DVR the games and a safety plays over the top when KJ is in just as much as when allen is. Plus Allen is a much better Deep cover corner, he struggles on the short stuff, and KJ is good with short coverages and is bad on the long routes.

I know 76 brought this up in his thread and i guess it stuck with you, but it is simply not true.

:vincepalm: Oh lord this again. I am sorry but i DVR the games and a safety plays over the top when KJ is in just as much as when allen is. Plus Allen is a much better Deep cover corner, he struggles on the short stuff, and KJ is good with short coverages and is bad on the long routes.

I know 76 brought this up in his thread and i guess it stuck with you, but it is simply not true.

Why do I need to ask you to read my posts more carefully!?! :vincepalm:

I said that if you count the numbers of defenders vs the number of ofensive threats, you will see that the defense favor Allen by putting more defenders on Allen's side.

And that means if you look at every single snap, not just one series or one game.

Man, I don't know why I even bother responding to you!

Why do I need to ask you to read my posts more carefully!?! :vincepalm:

I said that if you count the numbers of defenders vs the number of ofensive threats, you will see that the defense favor Allen by putting more defenders on Allen's side.

And that means if you look at every single snap, not just one series or one game.

Man, I don't know why I even bother responding to you!

Oh kind of like how last season the safties played poorly only when helping out jackson ? You are biased to anything allen does and will say anything/make up **** to make KJ look good and allen look bad.

Oh kind of like how last season the safties played poorly only when helping out jackson ? You are biased to anything allen does and will say anything/make up **** to make KJ look good and allen look bad.

This will be the last time I respond to your post.

The better player is currently starting for the Texans!
Deal with it!

Back