Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt Appreciation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/955145001

.J. Watt's new Reebok shoe arrives, and his first order of business is to send some to troops in Afghanistan
636355410941709875-AP-Jaguars-Texans-Football.jpg

Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt has been busy in the off-season.
DAVID J. PHILLIP, ASSOCIATED PRESS

JR RADCLIFFE | NOW NEWS GROUP
1 minute ago
Wisconsin native and NFL standout J.J. Watt has developed a reputation for philanthropy, and that continued when his new signature Reebok sneaker was released midnight Wednesday.

When Watt teased the new release Wednesday afternoon on Twitter, he received a request from someone a bit off the "normal distribution map," stationed in Afghanistan.

I don’t think it’s on the normal distribution map, but I’ll make sure that we find a way to make it happen.
DM me your size and the address. https://t.co/p5OCxLbtOC

— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) December 14, 2017

He went on to send the whole unit shoes

We'll reach the AFC Championship Game next year if Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt can stay healthy. That's a really big if to say the least, but certainly that off-season video is great to see. Starting off 2018 with a lot of optimism. Nothing wrong with that.

At the moment, there are 2 teams much further ahead of the Texans and they have a full compliment of draft picks. The Colts beat the Texans twice and they have a full draft, not to mention a healthy Luck returning. Even a healthy Texans team has a lot of holes to fill and they're not drafting in RD1,RD2 or RD5. This is going to be a tough battle in 2018 but if the team can set the table in 2018, they're going to have a real chance to turn it around with a full compliment of picks (plus) in 2019.

Last edited:
A healthy Luck is a huge leap of faith. Just as likely he never plays at a high level again. Read CnD in the Luck thread.

To the benefit of the Texans, this would be a good thing but didn't they say the same thing about P. Manning? Not that the injuries are the same but they were mutually devastating and expected to possibly be career enders. It will be interesting to see if he can bounce back...for his sake, I hope he enjoys a full recovery.

At the moment, there are 2 teams much further ahead of the Texans and they have a full compliment of draft picks. The Colts beat the Texans twice and they have a full draft, not to mention a healthy Luck returning. Even a healthy Texans team has a lot of holes to fill and they're not drafting in RD1,RD2 or RD5. This is going to be a tough battle in 2018 but if the team can set the table in 2018, they're going to have a real chance to turn it around with a full compliment of picks (plus) in 2019.

The colts beat us twice with Watson, Watt, Mercilus, and other core players on IR. Too many to list unfortunately. And Savage at QB and we know he is 2nd string at best.

So we can’t use 2017 Texans as any measurement for what 2018 Texans can do.

Even if the OLine and Secondary stay the same we will be a different team with a healthy Watt (even at 70-80% of him former self), Watson, Merciless, and all those other players on IR than what the colts saw this year.

To the benefit of the Texans, this would be a good thing but didn't they say the same thing about P. Manning? Not that the injuries are the same but they were mutually devastating and expected to possibly be career enders. It will be interesting to see if he can bounce back...for his sake, I hope he enjoys a full recovery.
Spinal root nerve injuries are a devastating but very unpredictable in predicting the exact extent of return function........although at 2 years you essentially have an end point and know what you are left with. With Luck's type of injury, there is no timetable that will let you know...........you may very well be left waiting forever wishing for return which may likely never happen.

Last edited:
We'll reach the AFC Championship Game next year if Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt can stay healthy. That's a really big if to say the least, but certainly that off-season video is great to see. Starting off 2018 with a lot of optimism. Nothing wrong with that.
I hate to stick a pin in your balloon but there's nothing wrong with it except that it won't be enough. The Jags and Tacks are better than we like filet mignon is better than cow dung. Even damnable Indianapolis figures to finish higher. It's going to take better drafting and coaching.

The colts beat us twice with Watson, Watt, Mercilus, and other core players on IR. Too many to list unfortunately. And Savage at QB and we know he is 2nd string at best.

Even if the OLine and Secondary stay the same we will be a different team with a healthy Watt (even at 70-80% of him former self), Watson, Merciless, and all those other players on IR than what the colts saw this year.

What the F are you talking about? Step outside your little Texans bubble and educate yourself with the rest of the league. The Colts lost 17 people to IR, 10 of which were starters, including Andrew effing Luck, who didn't play a single second this past season. Don't act like the Texans were the only team dealing with major injury issues when those 2 matchups took place.

I hate to stick a pin in your balloon but there's nothing wrong with it except that it won't be enough. The Jags and Tacks are better than we like filet mignon is better than cow dung. Even damnable Indianapolis figures to finish higher. It's going to take better drafting and coaching.
With a healthy Deshaun Watson the Texans steam rolled the Titans, 57-14! They were in position to beat the Patriots and Seahawks on the road, having a lead late in the game and needing only one first down to win both games. Unfortunately O'Brien's playcalling let us down with a Lamar Miller run up the gut. We have to punt and then our defense failed us.

Deshaun also led us to a Touchdown drive against that stacked Jaguars defense in his very first drive as a rookie. But unfortunately that game was over when Tom Savage started and dug us a hole early. It was asking too much of Deshaun to lead us to a comeback win in his very first regular-season NFL game.

But with Deshaun Watson our offense had the #1 scoring offense and yards per game offense in the entire league for a solid month. And that was with a makeshift offensive line and different guys stepping in as our #2 and #3 wide receivers and our #1 and #2 tight ends - at one point we were playing our fourth tight end I believe.

If Deshaun is healthy, I believe the Texans are very capable of playing with any team in the AFC, home or road. Patriots, Jaguars, Steelers, we can compete and beat any of them. IMO.

The proof is in the pudding. Deshaun Watson was putting up record-breaking stats and performing at an amazing level that we've never seen a rookie quarterback do. It was something special to watch.

What the F are you talking about? Step outside your little Texans bubble and educate yourself with the rest of the league. The Colts lost 17 people to IR, 10 of which were starters, including Andrew effing Luck, who didn't play a single second this past season. Don't act like the Texans were the only team dealing with major injury issues when those 2 matchups took place.

Yea I can tell reading is hard for you. If you followed along the conversation I was having with OptimisticTexan and read my reply you could see the point I was making was the Colts beat us with out our best players on the field and the results could be different when we have our core healthy.

Not all injuries are the same. Saying the Colts had 17 on IR says nothing. Andrew Luck on IR is the same as we had Watson on IR. So I don’t know why you would bother to bring that up. And the colts traded for a better back up QB than they had on the roster. So they had that going for them while we got to see what Savage was as a player.

Outside of Luck - who were these impact players that were out?

You miss this line?

Here's our "key players" that were lost for AT LEAST half the season, Foreman being the only exception (6 games).

Watson
Watt
Mercilus
Fiedorowicz
Griffin
Covington
Derek Newton
Foreman

Heck, I'm not even counting losing our LT to contract dispute.
So sure, the Texans weren't the only one dealing with injuries, but let's be serious when comparing the impact of those injuries...and how it actually relates to a Texans 2018 season potential.

You miss this line?

Here's our "key players" that were lost for AT LEAST half the season, Foreman being the only exception (6 games).

Watson
Watt
Mercilus
Fiedorowicz
Griffin
Covington
Derek Newton
Foreman

Heck, I'm not even counting losing our LT to contract dispute.
So sure, the Texans weren't the only one dealing with injuries, but let's be serious when comparing the impact of those injuries...and how it actually relates to a Texans 2018 season potential.

Every team can say this same thing, guy. Literally Everyone. Ask a Viking fan to compile their list, as they went to the NFC championship.

Everyone can come up with a list of important players that missed time, everyone has players with off the field issues, everyone can say how different 2018 will be when at full health. Everyone had key injuries, everyone projects to get key guys back that will improve their 2018 prognostications. Texans are no different than anyone else, any season. Welcome to the NFL....was 2017 your first year watching?

Every team can say this same thing, guy. Literally Everyone. Ask a Viking fan to compile their list, as they went to the NFC championship.

Everyone can come up with a list of important players that missed time, everyone has players with off the field issues, everyone can say how different 2018 will be when at full health. Everyone had key injuries, everyone projects to get key guys back that will improve their 2018 prognostications. Texans are no different than anyone else, any season. Welcome to the NFL....was 2017 your first year watching?

Now you've exposed yourself as a troll. Good day.

No they literally cannot. The Texans set an NFL record for number of players played this year and has been pointed out especially hard hit to key players.

Knock off the insults.

Do not even try to spout bs like that and pass it off as the truth. "NFL Record"....shut the F up. If they had the "NFL Record" for injuries this year, then they've had the "NFL Record" for health every other year of their existence.

Do not even try to spout bs like that and pass it off as the truth. "NFL Record"....shut the F up.

I'm "passing it off" as a stat stated by one of the commentators during the last couple games.

If they had the "NFL Record" for injuries this year, then they've had the "NFL Record" for health every other year of their existence.

And that kind if stupidity is why you almost didn't get a response. Total non sequitur.

i hate to say it but im starting to believe watt might never be watt again.

Of course he won't. That's why it's hilarious that you all think getting Watt and Mercilus will back will somehow transform you to this great defense. Sorry, but your personnel outside of those 2 injuries has changed drastically since the last time you even had a good defense. Alot of holes at all 3 defensive groups.

Of course he won't. That's why it's hilarious that you all think getting Watt and Mercilus will back will somehow transform you to this great defense. Sorry, but your personnel outside of those 2 injuries has changed drastically since the last time you even had a good defense. Alot of holes at all 3 defensive groups.

Yeah we got a lot of holes, but a lot of building blocks also

Why are you here? Dolts forum wouldn't have you?

I for one am getting sick and tired of JJ Watt the celebrity/community organizer and want the old JJ Watt sack leader back next year.

No it won't, but getting Crennell back as DC will transform that D.

Just be at 80% and you are still better than most.

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/978781374474682368?s=21
I get where you're coming from. I'm just lowering my expectations for what we'll see out of JJ when he's back. In my mind, what separated him was his ability to push his body past exhaustion because of his training and it resulted in a lot of late game hustle production as he wore guys down. If he can't push his body like that anymore, I'm not so sure he's going to be anything special. REALLY hope I'm wrong

I sincerely hope that JJ returns to prime form. Football is better when he's on the field. Super proud of JJ.
JJ is my all time favorite player in any sport but I am worried about his back.
He is gonna have to play smarter and a more traditional role instead of the tyro we are accustomed to.
If he comes back even 90% of his former self he will still be in the top 20 percentile of DLinemen in the league today.
He is a wounded warrior now so the FO must be on the lookout for a possible future replacement just in case he breaks down again - I hate to say it, but if he does, that could be it for the great one.
That will be a sad day for not only me, but for all true lovers of football greatness.

JJ is my all time favorite player in any sport but I am worried about his back.
He is gonna have to play smarter and a more traditional role instead of the tyro we are accustomed to.
If he comes back even 90% of his former self he will still be in the top 20 percentile of DLinemen in the league today.
He is a wounded warrior now so the FO must be on the lookout for a possible future replacement just in case he breaks down again - I hate to say it, but if he does, that could be it for the great one.
That will be a sad day for not only me, but for all true lovers of football greatness.

Well said.

Back