Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jimmy Garropolo

LMAO

I really enjoyed going back and reading all of the fail in this thread.

Patriot haters that would pass on Jimmy G because they were scared Belichick would get over on RS.

Alot of these haters are still on this MB and this is THEIR root cause of the BOB hate. (Looking at you Matrix) In addition to the Kubiak/Aggies lovefest.
I don’t hate Jimmy or the Patriots (well maybe just a bit) that’s just my opinion. I’m not saying Jimmy isn’t any good, no where did I say that. Just saying that if Jimmy had OB for an OC he would t be the talk of the town, per se, right now

I don’t hate Jimmy or the Patriots (well maybe just a bit) that’s just my opinion. I’m not saying Jimmy isn’t any good, no where did I say that. Just saying that if Jimmy had OB for an OC he would t be the talk of the town, per se, right now

I'm pretty sure Jimmy G was there when BOB was OC and even started the 1st two games the season after BOB left and won both of them. I think Brady was suspended.

I wasn't referring to you, but go back through and look at this thread. It's pretty hilarious. Many of the same posters are still saying the same things about the Pats and Belichick.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy G was there when BOB was OC and even started the 1st two games the season after BOB left and won both of them. I think Brady was suspended.

I wasn't referring to you, but go back through and look at this thread. It's pretty hilarious. Many of the same posters are still saying the same things about the Pats and Belichick.
BoB was OC of the Texans the day Jimmy G played those two games. We took Savage in the same draft Jimmy was when OB was HC here already.

BoB was OC of the Texans the day Jimmy G played those two games. We took Savage in the same draft Jimmy was when OB was HC here already.

Dude, we're trying to build a legend here. Think John Henry. Reality has nothing to do with nothing.

To be fair to Rick Smith, what QB options did he have? The best QB FA option at that time was Osweiler. If they went through the draft, realistically they were looking at Paxton Lynch or Christian Hackenberg in the first round.

Look back over 12 years and I'm sure there were trade ups in the draft or trades for vets.

To mention 1 he certainly could have drafted Jimmy G at 2-33 and not wasted a team that was a QB away from being a contender.

Of course not drafting a QB assured RS a few more years of looking for a QB. You know the Hoyerable/Os yrs.

Look back over 12 years and I'm sure there were trade ups in the draft or trades for vets.

To mention 1 he certainly could have drafted Jimmy G at 2-33 and not wasted a team that was a QB away from being a contender.

Of course not drafting a QB assured RS a few more years of looking for a QB. You know the Hoyerable/Os yrs.

Really!? You're still playing the Jimmy G card? The poster boy of wasting good teams?

Lol are you serious, barely missed a throw. Wow is that your argument. Really!!!!

What isn't true about what I posted?

Up 21-10 and just missed a game winning throw? We can only hope the Texans get this opportunity. He had them in position to win.

What isn't true about what I posted?

Up 21-10 and just missed a game winning throw? We can only hope the Texans get this opportunity. He had them in position to win.
So a double digit lead in the 4th and choked it away? I though you would want better for the Texans...

Made a SB

How many of those have the Texans been too?

Food for thought…..each and every Texans team since Garoppolo arrived in the NFL was a farce even when successful. Furthermore, he would’ve never advanced any of those Texans teams any further than they got. He’s not that kind of QB…he’s a QB that needs the table set.

Food for thought…..each and every Texans team since Garoppolo arrived in the NFL was a farce even when successful. Furthermore, he would’ve never advanced any of those Texans teams any further than they got. He’s not that kind of QB…he’s a QB that needs the table set.
Thank you. Well put. Anyone who is not mesmerized by Garoppolo's eyes and chin knows his limitations.

So a double digit lead in the 4th and choked it away? I though you would want better for the Texans...
I will take a team in the SB with a lead in the 4th qtr. That's something that the Texans fans can only dream of.

Maybe next time he hits that pass to Sanders.

Fact, if Tartt catches that int, the 49ers are probably in another SB. You better believe I would take that.

The table was set during the Hoyerable/Is yrs. IMHO

He's done such a good job at QB, his team is about to cut him so a rookie can take over next year... and all of the fans want him gone. Got it.

Tell me why the rookie couldn't beat him out this year?

The rookie will be lucky to accomplish what Jimmy G has accomplished.

A dropped int away from 2 SB"s in 3 yrs. I'm expecting atleast that from Lance starting next yr.

Using your logic that's fair, correct?

A dropped int away from 2 SB"s in 3 yrs. I'm expecting atleast that from Lance starting next yr.

So Jimmy G is available. Texans have a chance to get him. Are you going to be critical of Nick too for not getting him?

So Jimmy G is available. Texans have a chance to get him. Are you going to be critical of Nick too for not getting him?

I've already said many times that I think Mills is the future at QB for the Texans. So no I dont want Caseio to trade for Jimmy G. If I was a team like the Saints or Bucs I would trade for Jimmy G.

I've already said many times that I think Mills is the future at QB for the Texans. So no I dont want Caseio to trade for Jimmy G. If I was a team like the Saints or Bucs I would trade for Jimmy G.

That doesn't make sense to me. You're highly critical of RS for not drafting Jimmy. You're saying he's a good QB. He's still in his prime. He's available, but you don't want him because you'd rather gamble on Davis Mills?

Ohhhhhhhh Kay!?

I'd rather gamble on Mills as well, but it's because I know Jimmy is nothing more than a game manager that needs a very good running game & defense to be successful.

That doesn't make sense to me. You're highly critical of RS for not drafting Jimmy. You're saying he's a good QB. He's still in his prime. He's available, but you don't want him because you'd rather gamble on Davis Mills?

Ohhhhhhhh Kay!?

I'd rather gamble on Mills as well, but it's because I know Jimmy is nothing more than a game manager that needs a very good running game & defense to be successful.

Back when I wanted RS to draft Jimmy G, he was in the stage Mills is in right now. A good young QB with room to grow. Now Jimmy G's a vet that has proven that he can lead his team to SB's but his biggest problem is that he cant stay healthy, including this yr. I fully believe that the thumb injury contributed to his accuracy issues. If you've ever torn thumb ligaments you would believe this too. Heck, Tunsil had to have surgery for this injury, Jimmy G missed 1 week.

Back when I wanted RS to draft Jimmy G, he was in the stage Mills is in right now. A good young QB with room to grow. Now Jimmy G's a vet that has proven that he can lead his team to SB's but his biggest problem is that he cant stay healthy, including this yr. I fully believe that the thumb injury contributed to his accuracy issues. If you've ever torn thumb ligaments you would believe this too. Heck, Tunsil had to have surgery for this injury, Jimmy G missed 1 week.
Same thing happened to him, I think last year. When they didn't let him throw in the playoffs. Can't believe Shanahan didn't have Lance ready to go.

They got to those CG’s and Super Bowl because the team they surrounded Jimmy G with….not b/c of Jimmy G’s superior QB talent. Jimmy G is a game manager who makes far too many turnovers in a season.

Yet until the last game and if Tartt had caught that int the 49ers would be in the SB, Jimmy G came up big at the end of games.

Yes he's a game manager, but a game manager that has come up big for his team when they have needed him the most. Like this yr, Rodgers had a chance to drive his team to a GW FG but couldn't get it done. Jimmy G did, does that mean Jimmy G is a better QB than Rodgers? Nope

Yet until the last game and if Tartt had caught that int the 49ers would be in the SB, Jimmy G came up big at the end of games.

Yes he's a game manager, but a game manager that has come up big for his team when they have needed him the most. Like this yr, Rodgers had a chance to drive his team to a GW FG but couldn't get it done. Jimmy G did, does that mean Jimmy G is a better QB than Rodgers? Nope

Jimmy G has had the luck of being with the Patriots and 49’ers. Any thoughts on how many CG’s or SB’s he might’ve led the Texans, Lions, or Jaguars to if any of those teams were his lot in life?

Jimmy G has had the luck of being with the Patriots and 49’ers. Any thoughts on how many CG’s or SB’s he might’ve led the Texans, Lions, or Jaguars to if any of those teams were his lot in life?

I believe he would have a a chance to be in a SB if RS had drafted him. That team was a QB away. IMHO

A young healthy Jimmy G was a more athletic version of Schaub. IMHO

I agree with this. If in fact 49ers ditch Jimmy G for Trey lance, one wonders why they now think TL may have won the NFCCG - "if only" syndrome? Woulda coulda shoulda?
Perhaps they didn't trust a rookie to get the job done with such high stakes and can now give him a full season next year at the helm?
They did spend some draft capital on TL and I imagine there is a lot of angst about who should have been playing that day so pressure dictates they bite the bullet and go with Lance going forward.
Still, I'm not on board with getting Jimmy here - he will need a better team around him than what we have here or likely to have for a couple of seasons at least.

He was likely playing injured or at least pretty sore.
It would effect your throws no doubt.

He was likely playing injured or at least pretty sore.
It would effect your throws no doubt.
I've torn ligaments in my thumb. Didn't have surgery and it's still not right today after all of these years. Trust me it's a painful everyday injury when it 1st happens. I can't imagine having to throw a football, much less accurately at an NFL level.

Jimmy G would do well as the Steelers QB next season. Depending on how much the Steelers would have to give up for him they could also draft a QB first round this season.

They have a strong roster already and Jimmy G could keep them in playoff contention while the rookie acclimates.

Jimmy G would do well as the Steelers QB next season. Depending on how much the Steelers would have to give up for him they could also draft a QB first round this season.

They have a strong roster already and Jimmy G could keep them in playoff contention while the rookie acclimates.

Steelers OL needs to be re-tooled.

Tampa, could run the same offense Brady ran.

Brady retired and Rodgers may change teams or retire….Jimmy G would be lucky for the third time if the Bucs or Green Bay brought him in. I’m not sold on Love in GB so Jimmy may not be a bad insurance policy.

Tampa, could run the same offense Brady ran.

True, that would be a better fit.

But how much do you think a team would be willing to give up for him? I’m sure the 49ers wanting to get started on collecting their Trey Lance investment and their need to remove his salary to keep their roster intact will affect how much they can fetch. But I think they can still get a 2nd round pick and possibly another 3rd or 4th.

If you have a good roster you can win with Jimmy G. That is worth something.

They got to those CG’s and Super Bowl because the team they surrounded Jimmy G with….not b/c of Jimmy G’s superior QB talent. Jimmy G is a game manager who makes far too many turnovers in a season.

Where do you think he ranked among QBs last year in total turnovers?

Because if you think he turned it over too often last year you're really looking at only a few guys you want as your QB1.

Brady retired and Rodgers may change teams or retire….Jimmy G would be lucky for the third time if the Bucs or Green Bay brought him in. I’m not sold on Love in GB so Jimmy may not be a bad insurance policy.

Love will be the Packers starting QB. They drafted him for a reason. How could anybody be sold on a QB after he's only played 1 game?

True, that would be a better fit.

But how much do you think a team would be willing to give up for him? I’m sure the 49ers wanting to get started on collecting their Trey Lance investment and their need to remove his salary to keep their roster intact will affect how much they can fetch. But I think they can still get a 2nd round pick and possibly another 3rd or 4th.

If you have a good roster you can win with Jimmy G. That is worth something.

My bottom line would be something like a 3rd and a 5th or 6th.

Back