Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JaDeveon Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Starting a new thread since it was time to retire the old one.

Starting it off, is he going thru a concussion protocol at this time? What is the latest status?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
O’Brien uncertain of Clowney’s status for third preseason game

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Texans coach Bill O’Brien said Thursday he’s unsure whether rookie linebacker Jadeveon Clowney will play Saturday against the Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field.

Clowney sat out practice Thursday as a precautionary measure, O’Brien said, missing the Texans’ final workout against Denver.

“He’s doing fine,” O’Brien said. “We just held him out.”

The No. 1 overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft has only taken 29 snaps in the Texans’ initial two preseason games and is recovering from offseason sports hernia surgery.

The Texans will evaluate Thursday’s practice tape and take rest into consideration when determining whether veterans such as Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and Brian Cushing will take the field Saturday

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
PDS ‏@PatDStat · 18m
NFL AM trying to compare Clowney and Sam. Forgot to put that Clowney has 27 snaps, Sam 60. #Texans g
PDS ‏@PatDStat · 17m
that too. RT @Jake_TSV: @PatDStat and that he’s going against 1st team OL’s.

Well he is no Michael Sam.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And they forgot to add that Clowney was a Gamecock, and Sam likes to game... Ok, nevermind.
Sam is a huge fan of.... I mean a fan of huge.....

Marcus thanks for restarting this thread. I am not sure why the other one got shut down?

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Rookie linebacker Jadeveon Clowney is day-to-day, Texans coach Bill O’Brien said Monday.
Clowney exited a practice last week against Denver and didn’t play Saturday against the Broncos.
O’Brien expects the No. 1 overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft to be active Sept. 7 during the Texans’ regular-season opener against the Washington Redskins at NRG Stadium.
We are almost 2 full weeks from the season KO vs the Redskins, and the best
Billy can do is “I believe it’s day-to-day,” O’Brien said. “I believe that he would be ready for Sept. 7, as I see it.” C'mon Billy, what the hells the problem here, you've got to do better than that ?
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/08/texans-jadeveon-clowney-day-to-day-expected-to-play-vs-redskins/#25408101=0&26155103=0

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
USATODAY article on JDC

Watch Clowney at practice (when he is participating) and there are two things about him that are striking: He physically looks like an extreme version of an elite NFL player, all shoulders and muscles and hair; and his willingness to work. Watching this against the Broncos was especially interesting, with Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware, two of the league's most feared pass rushers, on the other sideline. Clowney is like a freakish combination of both – 2 inches taller than Miller, 10 pounds heavier than Ware, but at least as strong and fast as either of them.
Pretty good, non biased read.

Get used to the non-answers and misinformation on injuries. This is a Belichick disciple, after all.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Clowney had a concussion. Said it took him a week to get through protocol. He's healthy now. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Clowney said it was a concussion that occurred in Denver that kept him out.

Thought it might be that. Damn.

speedfreek

All Pro
The clock starts now..

How many can you have before they start telling you to hang
up the cleats, like 6?

Hope the kid can stay on the field -- looks like a game changer to me.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I think he needs to cut his dreads at least back to shoulder length I think there slowing him down ... jus saying

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I think he needs to cut his dreads at least back to shoulder length I think there slowing him down ... jus saying
This is sarcasm right, you are poking fun at someone, I can't believe you HONESTLY think this.....

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
JD mobbed by the media, Cush needles him with a shout out...

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Sounds like Cushing's exact walk-by line to Clowney was, "Talk about the A&M game." #Texans #Gamecocks #KennyHill

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
His second, as far as I can tell. One in college(2013).
Yep, in April'13.........he collided with his DT teammate, who snapped his neck back which also resulted in a concussion. He was essentially held out until the fall. The sore neck gave them an excuse to keep him from playing long term, which allowed him to recover from what they masked as only a "slight concussion" at the same time by being able to blame his neck injury for his prolonged absence. Oh, and BTW, this concussion also occurred during a practice. Let's hope his teammates are kinder to him than in college.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I posted this after Hopkins suffered his second concussion. I am reposting it as a "hang your hat.":

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger

Research suggests that if someone has already received one concussion, they are 1-2 times more likely to receive a second one. If they've had two concussions, then a third is 2-4 times more likely, and if they've had three concussions, then they are 3-9 times more likely to receive their fourth concussion.
Subsequently, a recent study published just last year reviewed all the available literature and found a strongly predictive factor in sustaining a concussion...............real game action vs. practice. Certainly, under the circumastances, subsequent concussion(s) in a player like Clowney would be at very least a concern.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Jadeveon Clowney (pronounced jə-DEH-vee-on CLOW-nee; born February 14, 1993) is an American football linebacker for the Houston Texans of the National ...

:coffee:
:toropalm: It was sarcasm, the first pre-season game the announcer kept saying Jadeveous......

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I guess I will just wait until this guy is fired then. Not revealing a concussion is pointless. I really don't get it. Just disregards fans interests.
Why are you in a Individual defensive player league or something?

Because unless you are, I really can't see how the heck Bill O'Brien is "disregarding fans' interests".. and if you are, I highly doubt O'Brien cares about that.

"Fan's interests" aren't what is going to keep his seat at the table, his job is to win games and if keeping the wraps on a concussion to the top #1 pick in the draft delays the circus/media (like making claims that he's now disregarding fan's interests) and allows his rookie to recover and actually prepare, then so be it. I hope he continues it.

Marshall

Not pretty, but ALIVE!
Oops.

And I thought I was being informative. My bad.

A person would think that announcers would at least know the players names.

:coffee:
Professionalism among announcers was ended at about the same time as the concept of being unbiased as a reporter.

Getting names right is about as common as getting spelling right on the crawlers at the bottom of the screen. You could say it's a "running" joke.

PapaL

Loose Screw
:toropalm: It was sarcasm, the first pre-season game the announcer kept saying Jadeveous......
I also saw that "Jadaveous" feed, maybe everyone else had different announcers? I got your joke.

If it makes anyone feel better, I'm wearing a Jadaveous jersey today.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Professionalism among announcers was ended at about the same time as the concept of being unbiased as a reporter.

Getting names right is about as common as getting spelling right on the crawlers at the bottom of the screen. You could say it's a "running" joke.
I would guess that it has more to do with the requirement that all commentators be familiar with every participant in multiple sports -- Even nascar. I get a kick out of watching ex football players do golf highlights.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
My 'worry' or 'concern' about Clowney is durability. I, for one, will breath a little sigh of relief if he gets through the entire game uninjured. Now, of course I will feel the same about all the players, and this preseason is not a proper sample size, but still .....

I'm not concerned at all about his motor, or if he will slack off on some plays. I think JJ will straighten him out on that. But what will make me feel a lot better is if he can be like JJ in being able to answer the bell.

b0ng

Bad Hombre
was it Tillman? last year or year before he kept calling Dennis Johnson -Dewayne Johnson....
Tillman and Whoever is the play-by-play guy (Is it Joel Myers still?) have always been terrible. Network guys, even as bad as they are (Randy Cross, I'm looking at you) still get the names of the #1 draft picks right. Most teams preseason games have clownshoe broadcasters who don't do the regular season games for really obvious reasons (Can't remember the names of players, don't add anything interesting to broadcast, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.