Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is the Secondary fixed?

Is the Secondary Fixed?

• It's even worse than it was last year.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • It's better than last year but it's still not good.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • It's better than last year and needs work but should be fine for this season.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • It's better than last year and will make the rest of the defense better.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • OMG BEST SECONDARY EVER!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm too scared to have a take so I'll just choose this option.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

HaveMercy

Passing Through
Damn I wanted him

Arizona’s eight-time Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson is being suspended the first eight games of the 2019 season for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, league sources told ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 16, 2019
Wow. The PED suspension tends to put Patrick Peterson in a different light. It makes me wonder why he would do something so obviously against the rules and apparently so easy to catch.

Maybe he has an injury we don't know about. Or maybe he's just trying to gain (or maintain) a competitive advantage. Or maybe he's just trying to reverse a bit of age plus general wear and tear on his body. Gotta stay ahead of the young guys, right?

Whatever, it was a foolish path to take and puts a real dent in my estimation of him.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
There's a guy who got suspended within the last couple weeks for Adderall. He had a waiver for a long time and didn't get it renewed.

HaveMercy

Passing Through
Suspension is actually 6 games and PP has dropped his appeal. Link. A diuretic or masking agent also gets a 6 game suspension.

Great time to get a lowball trade.
We can dream, right? If everything else is okay with him, having Peterson would certainly make things interesting for our defense. Of course, we wouldn't be the only ones vying for that trade...which would drive the cost up. Supply and Demand. So, I'd have to see what we'd give up.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Peterson is upset with the Cardinals for not reworking his contract since he knew the suspension was coming. With the rework, he would have supposedly saved ~$2 million.

HaveMercy

Passing Through
You and @steelbtexan have to stop doing this. Type duplicate if ya'll can't refrain from making duplicate posts. Drives us old drumks crazy wondering if we've missed something juicy...

or better yet, stop making duplicates
Here's the issue. Sometimes when I type a post, then hit Post Reply, my browser just shows for several minutes that it's locked in some kind of cycling mode. Other websites are still working just fine, so I think the issue might be on the TT server side. I try to reset my browser, and sooner or later the same post shows up twice on TT. Not only that, but the little floppy disk icon which should let me fully delete the unwanted entry isn't there. So I try to use the back button to erase one of the duplicate posts, hoping that will cause the icon to reappear, but it doesn't. Now I have an open, blank text box. Not by choice, I have to type something, so I type Deleted, which is what I did. This also happens sometimes when I try to Edit a post I've just written, correcting a typo.

When that happens, from now on I will write Duplicate.

Last edited:

HaveMercy

Passing Through
By the way, JB, I'm a few years older than you are. I'm never drunk, but there are still times I need a teenager to help me with my phone. I didn't grow up with technology stuff. I remember when someone had to help me with my pager, sad to say.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I've tried that. It doesn't stop the cycling to the browser. By the way, I'm doing all of this downstairs from my so called smart phone. It does not have the same options that my PC (upstairs) has. And if only you knew how difficult the stairs can be at times.
So just copy your post when that happens, hit texans talk button or forums button and you can see if it posted. If it did, no problem, if not you don't have to type again

Dejaview

All Pro
Since Gaine has gotten here they have been even less active than under RS.

NFL careers and contracts are too short to be this passive.

And spare me the "they know more" defense. Someone said the same thing about every HC & GM on the dust heap of NFL history.
Wow, maybe we need to get more active so we can get that bad.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It's in better shape than LT, that's for sure.

At least the secondary has multiple players who have shown they could either be competent backups or starters.

LT has zero or one, depending on how you view Davenport.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Here's the issue. Sometimes when I type a post, then hit Post Reply, my browser just shows for several minutes that it's locked in some kind of cycling mode. Other websites are still working just fine, so I think the issue might be on the TT server side. I try to reset my browser, and sooner or later the same post shows up twice on TT. Not only that, but the little floppy disk icon which should let me fully delete the unwanted entry isn't there. So I try to use the back button to erase one of the duplicate posts, hoping that will cause the icon to reappear, but it doesn't. Now I have an open, blank text box. Not by choice, I have to type something, so I type Deleted, which is what I did. This also happens sometimes when I try to Edit a post I've just written, correcting a typo.

When that happens, from now on I will write Duplicate.
By the way, JB, I'm a few years older than you are. I'm never drunk, but there are still times I need a teenager to help me with my phone. I didn't grow up with technology stuff. I remember when someone had to help me with my pager, sad to say.
Learn to accept life the way it is.
You guys took it way more seriously than I intended it

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I can't believe you just typed that.

:coffee:
Why? I live my life this way and try to make good choices along the way.

This doesn't mean I won't point out ineptness when I see it in the Texans org. Example: they have the 2nd most cap space in the NFL and holes all over their team, equals having a cheap ass franchise that doesn't care about winning.

I don't let football upset me anymore.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I dont take things seriously except if those things are costing me $$$$.
So then it turns out in a sense you are like the McNair family who you frequently criticize for prioritizing things on what it costs them in $$$$.
You know there's a hidden meaning there you may not yet grasp: it seems you appreciate the McNairs more than you realize.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Why? I live my life this way and try to make good choices along the way.

This doesn't mean I won't point out ineptness when I see it in the Texans org. Example: they have the 2nd most cap space in the NFL and holes all over their team, equals having a cheap ass franchise that doesn't care about winning.

I don't let football upset me anymore.

Never questioned any choices you make.

However it doesn't seem like you have accepted the way things are.

Just an observation. Could be we have a different definition of 'acceptance' and 'upset'.

Enjoy your TT message board postings. :respect:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So then it turns out in a sense you are like the McNair family who you frequently criticize for prioritizing things on what it costs them in $$$$.
You know there's a hidden meaning there you may not yet grasp: it seems you appreciate the McNairs more than you realize.
I reinvest in my company to make it the best it can be.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Never questioned any choices you make.

However it doesn't seem like you have accepted the way things are.

Just an observation. Could be we have a different definition of 'acceptance' and 'upset'.

Enjoy your TT message board postings. :respect:

I just point put things the way that I see them. I've accepted things aren't going to change and have chosen to laugh at their ineptness.

BTW, whatever happened to the the McNair's are still young and learning on the job the excuse the sunshiners used to make.

I'm not being mean, I'm just pointing out that past history is a great predictor of future results, unless they change their ways and I've seen nothing to make me think this is going to happen at this point and time.

This is a hard pill for some on here to swallow.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Great idea. So you love everything the Texans are doing!
There you go responding to me again.

To a answer your question, I have learned to accept and laugh at their ineptness. Their ineptness has allowed me to meet many good people on this MB, so I see their ineptness as a positive.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
I just point put things the way that I see them. I've accepted things aren't going to change and have chosen to laugh at their ineptness.

BTW, whatever happened to the the McNair's are still young and learning on the job the excuse the sunshiners used to make.

I'm not being mean, I'm just pointing out that past history is a great predictor of future results, unless they change their ways and I've seen nothing to make me think this is going to happen at this point and time.

This is a hard pill for some on here to swallow.

I was a huge Obrien supporter when he was hired. Up to this point in time I have been disappointed.

I will give Gaine the same support until he proves it is unwarranted. It's too soon to tell yet.

I don't concern myself with the financial aspects. Not in my wheelhouse of understanding.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I was a huge Obrien supporter when he was hired. Up to this point in time I have been disappointed.

I will give Gaine the same support until he proves it is unwarranted. It's too soon to tell yet.

I don't concern myself with the financial aspects. Not in my wheelhouse of understanding.

I support Gaine, but the direction of the franchise comes from the top.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Peterson who hasn't trained at the team facility this offseason, has now stated that he won’t show up for OTAs next week because "I need to be a father to my daughter.":backsout:
In other words, since y'all ain't re-working my contract I'll see y'all week 7.

BTW, I would give up a 1st/3rd and a 2021 2nd for him

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Are you actually Mike Ditka?
Is that too much to give up for the best CB of this generation, particularly when CB is one of the biggest areas of need. Now is when to strike, since he's suspended, otherwise PP wouldn't be available.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
At 29, yes.

Not sure what all the over bidding suggestions are about this off-season. It doesn't prove you are more committed.
Just wanting to get the best players on the team. He should have 3-4 quality seasons left in him. Did you see the CB play last yr? PP's value is really two 1st's. IMHO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Just wanting to get the best players on the team. He should have 3-4 quality seasons left in him. Did you see the CB play last yr? PP's value is really two 1st's. IMHO
The Texans would neve do a deal like this but some team will around the trade deadline.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not a snowball's chance of a deal that big.
Depends on how many CB's are lost to injury before the trade deadline. Example: If Gilmore was to go down you dont think BB would trade a 1st/3rd and a 2021 2nd for PP?

I dont know about cap space, but the Pats are going to have compensatory picks in next yrs draft and BB has made many in season trades.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The Texans would neve do a deal like this but some team will around the trade deadline.
SteelB I side with you somewhat in your frustration with the Texans unwillingness to spend more cap resoures in free agency but it's an entirely different situation when it comes to Draft picks which are the lifeblood of an NFL organization.
You got kinda a cavalier attitude when it comes to throwing Draft picks around in trades for players especially when you suggest using a first round pick for a 29 year-old CB who just got popped with a multigame suspension for PEDs.