Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Is the Front Office on Vacation???

So Oday Aboushi signed with the Seahawks. More (what little there is/was) depth on the offensive line is gone.

So far this has been the Texans free agency activity. They resigned Griffin, Lechler and Novak. The end.

The Texans have had 6 transactions in all of 2017, including giving up a 2nd round pick (which will probably be a good pick) just to unload Brock.

The only thing I can think of they are planning on using the cap space to extend some players and pocketing the rest of their cap and rolling it over to 2018. Punting on the 2017 season doesn't bother me except for that 2nd round pick.

Jimmy G/McCarron/Cousins/Prescott/Dalton/Flacco/Brees/Rodgers/Carr (Who I didn't want) etc.... to name a few. Fact is the QB position has been neglected.

Ever heard of trading up to get your QB?
Kubiak pulled the strings . He wanted Schaub and that's who the GM went out got for him.
O'Brien wanted certain quarterbacks and the GM got them for him.

I don't know why yall can't put the blame on just the owner who allowed that type of power to his head coaches.

It's crazy how yall were saying in Kubiak's Era, Rick was a yes man. Knowing darn well he didn't have the control like most GMs.

Oh and you can best believe certain coaches have their stamp all over who is drafted and who is brought in during free agency.

Bill Belichick
Norv Turner
Gary Kubiak
Bill Parcells
Coach Ryan's
And many more.

I don't know why yall can't put the blame on just the owner who allowed that type of power to his head coaches.

I'll never understand the theory that the HC shouldn't have control of the draft on his side of the ball.

GM should have override to say 'no we are using this pick on D (for an offensive HC) but that HC should have yay or nay on offensive players and especially the QB.

I'll never understand the theory that the HC shouldn't have control of the draft on his side of the ball.

GM should have override to say 'no we are using this pick on D (for an offensive HC) but that HC should have yay or nay on offensive players and especially the QB.
I guess sometimes you'll have a GM like Kevin Costner in Draftday, who wants to build "his" team and then will want to hire a HC to run the team he has assembled.

Other than Schaub, who I think you would agree was a Kubiak pick, what other top tier QB's has Ricky attempted to trade/draft?

If the guy works out, then it's always someone else's shrewd pick. If the guy bombs, it's always on the GM. That's my issue with your logic.
We get it, you hate the GM. To the rest of us, he not only gets both the good and bad credit but they also work as a team at identifying and acquiring talent.

I don't have a problem with the inaction in FA. I just flat out don't believe in building a team that way. I'm totally fine with the team sitting on their hands and waiting for everyone else to spend money. I don't get the rush. I just don't see a FA out there that's worth throwing a ridiculous contract at.

My only issue is that we gave away a 2nd round pick to create cap space. Cap space that we aren't using. That trade was not about getting rid of Osweiler. It was about creating cap room. Because if getting rid of Os was the point of the trade then they would have just cut him instead. I'd have preferred that to be honest, mostly because I believe that you should pay up for your bad mistakes as soon as possible, even if it is a heavy price. Eat the consequence right now instead of pushing it back and hindering the process to recovering from that mistake.

They want that cap space for some reason. Most people seem to believe that they want it for Romo. And I guess I'd be fine with that as long as it's a short term deal at market value or less. If not, that cap space better be going to re-sign our next group of top guys before they hit the market. It better not be spent again on average or worse FAs looking for a pay day.

Sure, successful franchises occasionally spend big money on a FA or two. But they do it on deals that are short-term and at market value or less. The successful franchises build through the draft, re-sign the draft picks that perform, and then use FA to plug gaps with short term answers. They then re-address those gaps in the draft and the cycle continues.

Better than what we have now, maybe. Good enough to beat Brady in the playoffs, I don't think so. Good enough to win Super Bowls... I don't think so.

If you're going to compare everyone to beating Brady in the playoffs then we might as well close up shop and wait for him to retire.

And if the Texans had half way decent QB play 2 months ago, with the defense, they absolutely could have beaten Brady in the playoffs. So stop with the absolutes because you don't know.

Are you telling us Derek Carr on the 2016 Texans couldn't have beaten Brady in the playoffs?

It might if the draft was the only way to acquire QBs. It isn't.
Only way? No.

But go look at all the top QBs. Other than Brees & Palmer (if you consider him a top QB), ALL of them were drafted by the teams they are currently on, and almost all of them were drafted in the first 3 rounds.

I guess sometimes you'll have a GM like Kevin Costner in Draftday, who wants to build "his" team and then will want to hire a HC to run the team he has assembled.

True in terms of power except the owner picked the HC not Costner.

Only way? No.

But go look at all the top QBs. Other than Brees & Palmer (if you consider him a top QB), ALL of them were drafted by the teams they are currently on, and almost all of them were drafted in the first 3 rounds.

As a general matter I agree with drafting QBs in the 1st 3 rounds. But I think that's effectively what we did with the Schaub trade.

I disagree pretty strongly with 4th+ flyer picks on QBs.

How many QBs have Dallas drafted in the first three rounds since 2008?

How many QBs have San Diego drafted in the first three rounds since 2008?

How many QBs have Arizona drafted in the first three rounds since 200i8?

How many QBS have the Lions drafted in the first three rounds since 2008?

And these are the teams you want the Texans to model themselves after. LOL, ok.

Not to take anything away from CnnD but Schaub's "major" injury was in 2011. He had a strong 2012. Even made the Pro Bowl. While I believe lingering effects of the injury was a big part of his issues in 2013, he's yet to use it as an excuse, or have any additional surgeries, where Dez Bryant & Kevin Johnson have had second surgeries for theirs. & I believe there are several defensive backs playing at a high level after lisfranc surgery.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. The Texans took a HUGE gamble on the most important position in football. That was stupid no matter how you spin it. The gamble paid off for one season, and then everything came crashing down around them.

& elsewhere on this board we've got a slew of people anxiously awaiting the signing of a guy, much older than Schaub was then who's had chronic back issues, at least one back surgery, & two broken collar bones. (I mean if we're going to throw around the hypocritical word).

I'm fine with Romo, but it's idiotic to be "anxiously awaiting" his signing, for all the reasons you correctly cite. It's why I'll hate on the Texans even more this year if they don't at least take a flyer on a QB this year sometime between rounds 2-4.

The only QBs I regret the Texans passing on is Aaron Rodgers & Russell Wilso but that's only in hindsight. I don't think any of the others, Kolb, Cousins, Nick Files, JimmyG would have done any better than Schaub, Rivers, or Romo. Yeah, we may have looked better, but the results would have been the same.. I don't think any of them are going to be leading their team past the divisional round.

I regret the Texans not making more of a play for Peyton when he said he'd like to play here. I regret, like you, not drafting Russell Wilson. And hate on Cousins all you want, but he'd easily be the 2nd best QB the Texans have ever had. The Texans last year are quite a bit better with Cousins as QB.

So it doesn't bother me that Rick didn't draft Cousins in the 4th, or Foles in the third. Or trade up to get Garopollo with a late 2nd. I'm more upset we didn't trade what we needed to get Winston, or Mariota. I'm more upset that O'b didn't bring in Norv Turner, Adam Gase, Mike McCoy, Chan Gailey.

I'm in agreement with you about the OC's. I'd have loved any of those guys. Instead, OB pulled a Kubiak and went with one of his buddies.

I think the whole idea about "control" is misplaced.

It's a collaborative effort in every organization. Scouts working with coaches, coaches working with scouts, GM working with coaches & scouts, owners working with his organization.

It's never just one guy.

For all we know, Harbaugh pounded the table for Flacco. Dennis Allen may have begged Elway to draft Von Miller. We don't know.

Last edited:
Until then, we're btching because our GM didn't take a flyer on a scrub. That he gets his scrubs on the cheap.

Look at who the joker drafted instead of those "scrubs"! If these were excellent picks, I might be inclined to agree with you. But Ricky's 2nd and 3rd round picks have largely been complete and total busts. Drafting that QB at least gives you a chance of making a real difference on your team. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But it's exactly why I'm not angry about the Brock signing. It was an understandable risk that if it had worked out, we'd ALL be singing Ricky's praises. But it didn't, and it stung a hell of a lot more than drafting a QB with similar potential to Brock in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If you're going to compare everyone to beating Brady in the playoffs then we might as well close up shop and wait for him to retire.

And if the Texans had half way decent QB play 2 months ago, with the defense, they absolutely could have beaten Brady in the playoffs. So stop with the absolutes because you don't know.

Are you telling us Derek Carr on the 2016 Texans couldn't have beaten Brady in the playoffs?

My point is I'm not going to cry over passing on guys nobody wants at the top of the draft. I don't want to draft a QB because we need a QB. I want to draft a QB because we believe he is the best player in the draft.

& no, I don't think Derek Carr will ever win a Super Bowl regardless what defense he is playing with. Especially not with O'b & Godsey telling him how to be an NFL QB.

As a general matter I agree with drafting QBs in the 1st 3 rounds. But I think that's effectively what we did with the Schaub trade.

The Schaub trade happened 10 years ago dude! 10! This idiotic franchise has gone 10 years without addressing the QB problem that has plagued this franchise since it's inception, save for a couple of really good years by Schaub. Sorry, that just doesn't cut it for me.

The Schaub trade happened 10 years ago dude! 10! This idiotic franchise has gone 10 years without addressing the QB problem that has plagued this franchise since it's inception, save for a couple of really good years by Schaub. Sorry, that just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm only giving them a pass based on Schaub to the 2012 draft. From 2012 on they should have been hunting in the 1st 3 rounds. Kubiak got fired over not having a solid 'if Schaub goes down' contingency and OB followed step his 1st 2 years. Then they swung and missed on Oz. It's past time to draft a QB in the top 3 and I don't care if they have to repeat next year.

I'll concede this though. Thunderkyss, and others, have made some good points about it not actually being 10 years straight of idiotic decisions in not drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds. There's really objectively been only about 2-4 times that it was an egregious error not drafting a QB.

Where I differ from you is that those 2-4 times are WAY too many when it comes to the most important position on the entire field. Just look at the QBs that made it to their conference championship games. It was nothing but top QBs and that tends to be the case most years. We can't keep neglecting the position and not taking risks.

Look at who the joker drafted instead of those "scrubs"! If these were excellent picks, I might be inclined to agree with you. But Ricky's 2nd and 3rd round picks have largely been complete and total busts. Drafting that QB at least gives you a chance of making a real difference on your team. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But it's exactly why I'm not angry about the Brock signing. It was an understandable risk that if it had worked out, we'd ALL be singing Ricky's praises. But it didn't, and it stung a hell of a lot more than drafting a QB with similar potential to Brock in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Jacoby Jones... most people don't like him. I think when he was on our team, he helped draw coverage from Andre & if not for Andre, for OD. Teams were worried about Jacoby getting on top. He may not have always caught the ball, but when he did...

Antuan Molden (bleh)
Steve Slaton (injury)

Connor Barwin (still productive in this league)
Antoine Caldwell (eh..)

Ben Tate (injury)
Earl Mitchell (still a productive player)

Brooks Reed (still productive)
Brandon Harris (nothing)

Devier Posey (injury)
Brandon Brooks (still productive in the league)

Dj Swearinger (still productive in the league)
Brennan Williams (still active with the WWE)
Sam Montgomery (bum)

XSF (I think he's coming along just fine)
Fiedorwicz (appears to be trending in the right direction)
Louis Nix (bum)

Bernardrick McKinney (still productive for our team)
Jalen Strong (injury)

Nick Martin (we all loved the pick at the time)
Braxton Miller (many folks loved the pick at the time)

They're not QBs, but...

Bottom line for me, I don't think Rick Smith has passed on any "can't miss" talent. That he didn't "at least try" just doesn't work for me. If I were our GM (& many of you have posted that you're glad I'm not). I'd have drafted McCarron... but they drafted Savage with McCarron still on the board. My only issue here is that either Savage hasn't lived up to expectations, or they never expected much from Savage. Whether it was bringing in Fitzpatrick, Mallett, Hoyer, or Osweiler they have not felt comfortable putting the ball in his hands. I wouldn't have brought in Osweiler, I'd have drafted Cook.

I'd have traded up for Mariota or Winston, but other than that we're talking about QBs I didn't care much for so it wouldn't surprise me if the Texans didn't either.

I'm only giving them a pass based on Schaub to the 2012 draft. From 2012 on they should have been hunting in the 1st 3 rounds. Kubiak got fired over not having a solid 'if Schaub goes down' contingency and OB followed step his 1st 2 years. Then they swung and missed on Oz. It's past time to draft a QB in the top 3 and I don't care if they have to repeat next year.
Alright. Nailed it man. Can't argue with any of this.

Pretty much the same thing... except, Schaub just played a pretty good 2012. Expecting him to have a better 2013 is not crazy in my book. Yates was the just in case Schaub can't make it through December again & I was fine with it then, fine with it now. Schaub didn't make it to September... it surprised me, I'm not going to dog on the Texans for not being prepared.

2014, we should have drafted a QB. They took Savage. Doesn't look like they ever planned for him to be the starter, so yeah, I've got an issue with that & don't fault anyone for being upset about it.

2015, The only QBs "anybody" thought were worth a dang in that draft went #1 & #2. I didn't btch about them not trading up to get them then, I'm not going to gripe about it now.

2016, They picked Osweiler. I was never a fan. But whatever.

Still, after seeing what they've done with Savage, Mallett, & Osweiler, I'm thinking we could have drafted the next Brady & will never know it. I have not seen anything to make me believe they know how to develop a young QB & that upsets me more than not taking a scrub only slightly different than the scrubs we have brought in.

Reactions: JB
Pretty much the same thing... except, Schaub just played a pretty good 2012. Expecting him to have a better 2013 is not crazy in my book.

Tale of two half seasons. 1st 8 games generally good. Last 8 generally bad. To illustrate:

1st 8 - 12 TDs, 4 INTs. 5 games over 100 rating.
2nd 8 - 10 TDs, 8 INTs. 2 games over 100 rating.

Take out the Jags game in the 2nd and it was 5 TDs and 6 INTs.

If it was the other way around I'd say you had a strong point.

Interesting when Matt was putting up 4000 yard seasons and was a top 10 QB during those years. Not year but years. During those times the defense was Meh. Therefore, we didn't strikeout on that position. Unfortunately we just didn't have a complete team. When we did Ole Matt feel apart in a major way.

Question:

Who seen Kubiak rebellion on Mr. McNair like he did?

That's the major downfall.

Remember Kubiak didn't want another QB. Thus the reason why we passed on those QBs some of yall thought we should've drafted.

Question:

Who seen Kubiak rebellion on Mr. McNair like he did?

That's the major downfall.

Remember Kubiak didn't want another QB. Thus the reason why we passed on those QBs some of yall thought we should've drafted.

Actually Kubiak didn't want Schaub extended as early as he was. Don't really know what he thought about backups.

Tale of two half seasons. 1st 8 games generally good. Last 8 generally bad. To illustrate:

1st 8 - 12 TDs, 4 INTs. 5 games over 100 rating.
2nd 8 - 10 TDs, 8 INTs. 2 games over 100 rating.

Take out the Jags game in the 2nd and it was 5 TDs and 6 INTs.

If it was the other way around I'd say you had a strong point.

The thing is we can't take those out. Lol those games are in the record books. Therefore it helped his case of having a pretty good season.

If the guy works out, then it's always someone else's shrewd pick. If the guy bombs, it's always on the GM. That's my issue with your logic.
We get it, you hate the GM. To the rest of us, he not only gets both the good and bad credit but they also work as a team at identifying and acquiring talent.

Again, I don't hate anybody.

I stand corrected Kubiak didn't pick Schaub.

I wish I could ;ike this post a thousand times.

Although CND told us what was going to happen with Schaub and nobody in the Texans org would listen. I'm sure the Texans medical staff knew the same thing as CND, or they should be fired.

I wish I could ;ike this post a thousand times.

Although CND told us what was going to happen with Schaub and nobody in the Texans org would listen. I'm sure the Texans medical staff knew the same thing as CND, or they should be fired.

Actually Kubiak didn't want Schaub extended as early as he was. Don't really know what he thought about backups.

If you know this as fact and I believe you do, then this was the beginning of the downfall of this franchise. Somebody should be held accountable and this team is never going anywhere as currently constructed.

Sounds like Kubiak was butting heads with Ricky McNair much like BOB is doing now. We all know how this turns out in the end. This offseason is the beginning of the end for BOB and he could see the writing on the wall at the end of last season.

Difference between how the fanbse will handle this is, they didn't like it because Kubiak was a Houstonian/Aggie and BOB is a yankee carpet bagger but the results are the same. Nothing is going to change and I'm really starting to believe Cal is the defacto GM because that guys an idiot whose greatest claim to fame is he won the gene pool.

Last edited:
That's not what I remembered. I heard Kubiak was the main reason why, he got that extension. That debate on this other Texans forum was historical.

Doesn't matter. Schaub's contract wasn't what hurt us. Playing him in 2013 when he clearly wasn't playing well, & then getting butthurt about it (the HC).....

I've never questioned whether Kubiak was an offensive guru or not. The defense was playing well enough that Kubiak could have made it work with Keenum, or Yates... at least enough to get through the season & figure out what's what. He decided to tie one hand behind his back... we lost 14 games because of it.

Do your job. That's all we ask. Had he done his job, he'd still be here. But he let it get to the point that someone else had to tell him (& rightfully so) what needed to be done.

Doesn't matter. Schaub's contract wasn't what hurt us. Playing him in 2013 when he clearly wasn't playing well, & then getting butthurt about it (the HC).....

I've never questioned whether Kubiak was an offensive guru or not. The defense was playing well enough that Kubiak could have made it work with Keenum, or Yates... at least enough to get through the season & figure out what's what. He decided to tie one hand behind his back... we lost 14 games because of it.

Do your job. That's all we ask. Had he done his job, he'd still be here. But he let it get to the point that someone else had to tell him (& rightfully so) what needed to be done.

Keenum got starts, all losses. So no, it didn't work with him. It's not like he was playing well, he was a sub 80 rating just 5 pts ahead of Schaub.

And the D sucked too getting almost no turnovers and dropping to 24th in pts allowed.

No he absolutely would not have; mostly because of the broken leg he had.

All things being equal perhaps, but whose to say it happens the same way if he were here?

My point is I'm not going to cry over passing on guys nobody wants at the top of the draft. I don't want to draft a QB because we need a QB. I want to draft a QB because we believe he is the best player in the draft.

That's just it. There are no guarantees. Well, except for the guarantee that you won't have a QB if you don't even try to get one. If you don't draft a QB because you need one, when the hell do you ever draft a QB?

& no, I don't think Derek Carr will ever win a Super Bowl regardless what defense he is playing with. Especially not with O'b & Godsey telling him how to be an NFL QB.

And just because you think that doesn't make it gospel. And even if he never wins a SB, it doesn't make you some kind of genius. Saying a QB will never win a SB is pretty good odds since it's so hard to do. Ask Marino, Moon, Fouts, Rivers, Tarkenton, Ryan, McNabb, Kelly and on and on and on.

Geez. You people and your absolutes, thinking you know it all. YOU DON'T!! You don't have a freaking clue how Carr would have done in Houston, none of us do and never will know, and you don't have a freaking clue what he'll end up doing in Oakland. Just stop that shit.

YOU. DON'T. KNOW.

So stop trying to say this QB will never win, this player will never be great and all of that BS. You don't know! Your opinion is one thing, trying to sell everyone on it being an absolute makes you look like a damn idiot.

Reactions: JB
That's just it. There are no guarantees. Well, except for the guarantee that you won't have a QB if you don't even try to get one. If you don't draft a QB because you need one, when the hell do you ever draft a QB?

You draft a QB when you think he's the best player in the draft. If that means you have to trade up to get him, then you trade up to get him. If he falls to the 4th, you get him in the 4th. or the 6th.

We had both Lienart & Weeden on this team. Whatever "1st round" means, they had it. We had 4th round Schaub on this team, he did better than the two firsts.

And just because you think that doesn't make it gospel.

Never said it did. I say it because that's what i believe it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does. I can undestand the Texans not drafting Derek Carr. I'm not butt hurt about it, because I don't think he'll ever win it all & that's the goal.

Geez. You people and your absolutes, thinking you know it all. YOU DON'T!! You don't have a freaking clue how Carr would have done in Houston, none of us do and never will know, and you don't have a freaking clue what he'll end up doing in Oakland. Just stop that shit.

YOU. DON'T. KNOW.

So stop trying to say this QB will never win, this player will never be great and all of that BS. You don't know! Your opinion is one thing, trying to sell everyone on it being an absolute makes you look like a damn idiot.

Who you calling you people?

Me saying Derek Carr will never win a Super Bowl is like people saying Tom Savage, Brandon Weeden or Aj McCarron will never win a Super Bowl... I don't think it's going to happen. If the Texans did, I'm sure they would have drafted him regardless his family history.

Last edited:
Speedy it's the offseason and we're just having a little Texans dialog. I don't think any of us are acting as if we know it all.

I get that. It's just those guys who speak in absolutes, like they own a DeLorean and know the future. Carr will never win a SB...if that's your opinion, fine. If you're going to argue page after page about it, that's just dumb.

If this organization didn't have a shy bladder when it came to drafting a damn QB, who knows how Carr or Garropolo or Wilson or Cousins would have done here? Yeah, I get the coaching staff and OB's "complicated" offense and a thousand other variables, but who knows? So don't act like you (you in general, not you TB74) do. That's all I'm trying to say.

Appreciate the dialogue. With all of you.

Even though I think some of you are crazy...

I think we are all crazy. Do you not see all the abuse we put up with when it comes to the Houston Texans.

Every year we are banging our heads over the same freaking thing. I was over here praying we finally put the quarterback woes to rest. But dang it that prayer just didn't reach the football God's. Say Wat we are back to square freaking one.

I also thought we were done with these head strong head coaches who are hella bent on themselves. Predictability must be our identity. Lol And it looks like we're about to waste yet another elite defense.

That's the goofiest standard ever. Any position/player is picked off a combination of value and need at that pick.

That's the most oversimplification of the process (other than the one I just mentioned) that I've ever heard.

You also have to be able to predict with some accuracy how the draft will play out.

If you think Russell Wilson is the best QB outside of Andrew Luck, you don't draft him in the first if you feel like hell be there in the third.

If the you think Garoppolo is the real thing, you don't wait for the third round if you think the Texans are going to take him before your pick.

For all we know, the Texans may have thought Savage was the best QB in that draft next to Bortles. No reason to take him in the 2nd (as was rumored) (in hindsight, if the Texans thought Savage was the best QB in that draft next to Bortles, they had a very low opinion of that QB class).

I get that. It's just those guys who speak in absolutes, like they own a DeLorean and know the future. Carr will never win a SB...if that's your opinion, fine. If you're going to argue page after page about it, that's just dumb.

If this organization didn't have a shy bladder when it came to drafting a damn QB, who knows how Carr or Garropolo or Wilson or Cousins would have done here? Yeah, I get the coaching staff and OB's "complicated" offense and a thousand other variables, but who knows? So don't act like you (you in general, not you TB74) do. That's all I'm trying to say.

That's fine. & normally I wouldn't take offense, but I find it odd you go off on this tangent with me. It's not like I talk about Derek Carr's future all the time.

But we have people here talking about McNair, Rick, O'b, etc... in absolutes all the time & I've never seen this reaction from you towards them.

Still, all I'm saying is when I evaluated Carr before the draft I didn't feel he was worth taking over the baggage I felt like he would bring.

Agree to disagree, but I feel the same way now & will say so. If you don't mind, imagine I'm saying, "in my opinion" when I speak in absolutes.

That's the most oversimplification of the process (other than the one I just mentioned) that I've ever heard.

You also have to be able to predict with some accuracy how the draft will play out.

If you think Russell Wilson is the best QB outside of Andrew Luck, you don't draft him in the first if you feel like hell be there in the third.

If the you think Garoppolo is the real thing, you don't wait for the third round if you think the Texans are going to take him before your pick.

For all we know, the Texans may have thought Savage was the best QB in that draft next to Bortles. No reason to take him in the 2nd (as was rumored) (in hindsight, if the Texans thought Savage was the best QB in that draft next to Bortles, they had a very low opinion of that QB class).

Value encompasses where you think a player will be picked.

None of that has to do with only picking QBs who are the singular best player in the draft. Think about how silly that is - it's saying Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco shouldn't have been picked because Jake Long was a better overall player...even though neither team had a chance at him.

I was just listening to Pat Starr's podcast from 3/22, and he had an interesting theory about the lack of chatter from the front office. To paraphrase, it's partially a leak test. There was a problem with leaks at the end of the season. Some personnel changes were made, and now there are no more leaks. He says to draw your own conclusions from that.

I was just listening to Pat Starr's podcast from 3/22, and he had an interesting theory about the lack of chatter from the front office. To paraphrase, it's partially a leak test. There was a problem with leaks at the end of the season. Some personnel changes were made, and now there are no more leaks. He says to draw your own conclusions from that.

So Pat Star is smarter than Donald. Interesting.

So since the Romo hoopla has been done now, can they at least go sign an OL, Receiver, RB, or something? I mean they got money to go get one new player that can help. It doesn't have to be a QB but give us an understanding that someone is back from vacay.

So since the Romo hoopla has been done now, can they at least go sign an OL, Receiver, RB, or something? I mean they got money to go get one new player that can help. It doesn't have to be a QB but give us an understanding that someone is back from vacay.
You sure that after last year's crimes against football humanity, they are not just waiting for McNair to make their bail?:chef:

Back