Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?

wanna hear something depressing? VY was 30-17 as a Titan starter. Schaub is 23-25 over the last 48 games.

This is mydefinition of a true fan. I hate losing any game.

But this is not our team. It's BoBBy's team and that's the main reason this team has been a failure for almost a decade. Winning isn't BoBBy's #1 priority.

Palmer did a great job with E Manning. Manning hasn't played as well since. He also did a fantastic job with Mark Brunell when they went to the AFC Championship...that offense was nearly unstoppable. He had David Carr here...right?

He washed out as a HC, no question. He didn't have much to work with in Houston and Capers meddled more than he should have.

He posted a couple of 11-5 seasons in Jacksonville as OC.

But I'll grant you that a case could be made against him.

Maybe I was tainted by his years here.

If they start out 3-4 I think they should fire Kubiak on the spot & the GM Rick Smith and allow uncle Wade Phillips coach this team and keep the offensive coordinator on board.

A "true fan" knows a little bit about Bucky Richardson, Billy Joe Tolliver and Cody Carlson, yet they're still addicted to Houston Football.

These "true fans" have eaten a lot of **** over a lot of years - and though they have every reason to be pissed off in 2011 - they also know it could be a lot friggin worse, y'all.

Perspective is a bad mother...(shut yo mouth!)

Bucky! Bucky! Bucky! Bucky! Bucky! Bucky! Bucky! Bucky!

Funny thing about Bucky is that he turned down the Texans when they offered him a chance to try out for the team in 02.

If they start out 3-4 I think they should fire Kubiak on the spot & the GM Rick Smith and allow uncle Wade Phillips coach this team and keep the offensive coordinator on board.

The sad part is that Wade would be an IMPROVEMENT HC wise for the team. He's actually been to the playoffs and have coached some good teams...

I don't see it happening though. McNair always say they don't make changes until the offseason and I see no problem with doing that. If you're going to crash and burn might as well suffer through it, could use another top 15 or 10 pick...

Yep. Gary's Sunshine Kids always find the bright side of the bull's anus.

If this was a poll, I'd be the overwhelming majority would say they would not accept a loss to the Titans next week. But come next week, those excuses (along with many others) will come rising to the surface.

But, but, but, just leave Gary alone!!!!!

Got a nice negative rep from Surreal McCoy for this post. He's a real class act. Oh, and by class act, I mean ass clown.

Of course I'm going to accept it!! If it happens, it happens, and there's not a damn thing I can do to prevent it!! If you mean will I stop being a TEXAN fan if they lose to the meatballs, then the answer is HELL NO! Will I fall apart, think the season is completely over, go drown my grief in a bottle of JACK?? The answer is still NO!! I'll be pissed off, moan and groan for a couple days, and move on to supporting our boys against the Jags! When I signed on as a fan of the HOUSTON TEXANS, I signed on for life! I don't like losing, esp to the Titans, and I'm sick and tired of this never ending losing trip we seem to be on, BUT, I will never give up on my home team! That's just the way I am!!

Of course I'm going to accept it!! If it happens, it happens, and there's not a damn thing I can do to prevent it!!

Oh yes there is. I borrowed an idea from the younger generation. I figured since it worked for them, it will work for us. Check out this link & sign up.

Didn't want to start a whole thread for this but here goes-

Year (Texans record BEFORE they played the first game listed, Texans overall record that season)
Game #, Location, Opponent, Texans' Result (their record BEFORE playing the Texans, their overall record that season)

2006 (1-4, 6-10)
Game 6 vs. Jax W (3-2, 8-8)
Game 7 @ Ten L (1-5, 8-8)

2007 (3-2, 8-8)
Game 6 @ Jax L (3-1, 11-5)
Game 7 vs. Ten L (3-2, 10-6)

2008 (0-1, 8-8)
Game 2 @ Ten L (1-0, 13-3)
Game 3 @ Jax L (1-2, 5-11)

2009 (0-1, 9-7)
Game 2 @ Ten W (0-1, 8-8)
Game 3 vs. Jax L (0-2, 7-9)

2010 (4-4, 6-10)
Game 9 @ Jax L (4-4, 8-8)
Game 11 vs Ten W (5-5, 6-10)

2011 (3-3, ???)
Game 7 @ Ten ? (3-2, ???)
Game 8 vs. Jax ? (1-5, ???)

The lists represent the first match between the teams in that year, as we approach the same test again. This is a lot to take in, I know but History tell us this much: the Texans are likely to only win one of the next games, if that. So 4-4 is practically over achieving. They've yet to deal out losses to both division foes midseason under Kubiak. Never did they beat a rival that ended the season with a winning record. Only once have they beaten a rival with a winning record coming into the game (the first season under Kubiak) and that wasn't on the road. Only one win was on the road period and that win?? Last year against Tennessee, smack dab in the middle of 8 losses, to a team with a locker room in shambles and a record that still equaled the Texans. Do you even want to see this same spread with the Colts included? Ouch. But that's not quite my point...

My greater point? It's time to win this division. THIS is that mythical "next step". This is the test. Jump this hurdle and I believe the Texans make their first playoff appearance. I'll drink every color kool-aid there is if they go 2-0 these next two weeks, I'll shout it from the mountain tops with Ron Burgundy professing his love for Ms. Corningstone. I'll be Sunshine Club. I'll chop up the soap and wash my mouth out with it.

But if they lose these next two games? You can fire Kubiak before the Browns review the game tape cuz it'z ovaaaah...

What do I predict? A loss in Tennessee and a win at home vs. a really, really bad Jacksonville team. 4-4. Then another win and loss before the bye, keeping with the trend: 5-5. Then another win at Jacksonville. Between the Falcons and Bengals a win and a loss. Loss to the Panthers, gotta make a rookie QB look like Elway. Beat up a tanking Colts team to leave them at 8-7: TIED with the team they face next, the Tennessee Titans for division lead AND the playoffs. Neither will be in position for a wild card berth. Winner take all.

That's where my crystal ball ends. Sometimes it gets filled with smoke and I see them winning both these next games and remaining in first the rest of the way. And kool-aid flows from waterfalls while bunnies skip and flower sway under a bright, shining sun.... then it starts bubbling dark, thick liquid like a witch's cauldron and I see fire reigning from the sky and the dead walking and people having stupid things to say on the sports radio and Dan Dingledorf in the background laughing maniacally....

I just want bunnies. For once. Literally once because it would be a first.

Of course I'm going to accept it!! If it happens, it happens, and there's not a damn thing I can do to prevent it!! If you mean will I stop being a TEXAN fan if they lose to the meatballs, then the answer is HELL NO! Will I fall apart, think the season is completely over, go drown my grief in a bottle of JACK?? The answer is still NO!! I'll be pissed off, moan and groan for a couple days, and move on to supporting our boys against the Jags! When I signed on as a fan of the HOUSTON TEXANS, I signed on for life! I don't like losing, esp to the Titans, and I'm sick and tired of this never ending losing trip we seem to be on, BUT, I will never give up on my home team! That's just the way I am!!

Repped for truth.
Fact is there ain't nothing you can do but accept it. None of us, and I mean NONE, will like it. But short of scraping up 1.5 - 2.0 billion smackers and buying the team from Uncle Bob, there ain't nothing fans can do.
How's that for a depressing fact?

And, while I admire your idea TK, it'll have as much effect as the 99-percenters' protest is having on Wall Street. It will probably make the news, likely get folks arrested for tresspassing, and make us feel better, but not much else.

Now can we please have some threads that talk football. How about discussing what we actually need to do to beat the Tacks; should Wade focus on more on stopping Hasselbeck or CJ?
Should we start Tate or Foster - I ask because Tate seemed to have more success against a pretty good defense than Foster did.

...or is pure football strategy talk not allowed on a football msg board any longer?

Year (Texans record BEFORE they played the first game listed, Texans overall record that season)
Game #, Location, Opponent, Texans' Result (their record BEFORE playing the Texans, their overall record that season)

2006 (1-4, 6-10)

2007 (3-2, 8-8)

2008 (0-1, 8-8)

2009 (0-1, 9-7)

2010 (4-4, 6-10)

2011 (3-3, ???)

The lists represent the first match between the teams in that year, as we approach the same test again. This is a lot to take in, I know but History tell us this much: the Texans are likely to only win one of the next games, if that. So 4-4 is practically over achieving. They've yet to deal out losses to both division foes midseason under Kubiak. Never did they beat a rival that ended the season with a winning record. Only once have they beaten a rival with a winning record coming into the game (the first season under Kubiak) and that wasn't on the road. Only one win was on the road period and that win?? Last year against Tennessee, smack dab in the middle of 8 losses, to a team with a locker room in shambles and a record that still equaled the Texans. Do you even want to see this same spread with the Colts included? Ouch. But that's not quite my point...

My greater point? It's time to win this division. THIS is that mythical "next step". This is the test. Jump this hurdle and I believe the Texans make their first playoff appearance. I'll drink every color kool-aid there is if they go 2-0 these next two weeks, I'll shout it from the mountain tops with Ron Burgundy professing his love for Ms. Corningstone. I'll be Sunshine Club. I'll chop up the soap and wash my mouth out with it.

But if they lose these next two games? You can fire Kubiak before the Browns review the game tape cuz it'z ovaaaah...

What do I predict? A loss in Tennessee and a win at home vs. a really, really bad Jacksonville team. 4-4. Then another win and loss before the bye, keeping with the trend: 5-5. Then another win at Jacksonville. Between the Falcons and Bengals a win and a loss. Loss to the Panthers, gotta make a rookie QB look like Elway. Beat up a tanking Colts team to leave them at 8-7: TIED with the team they face next, the Tennessee Titans for division lead AND the playoffs. Neither will be in position for a wild card berth. Winner take all.

That's where my crystal ball ends. Sometimes it gets filled with smoke and I see them winning both these next games and remaining in first the rest of the way. And kool-aid flows from waterfalls while bunnies skip and flower sway under a bright, shining sun.... then it starts bubbling dark, thick liquid like a witch's cauldron and I see fire reigning from the sky and the dead walking and people having stupid things to say on the sports radio and Dan Dingledorf in the background laughing maniacally....

We all want bunnies.
We all fear the possibility of fire raining from the sky.

that last paragraph was neat ...very literary.

Reactions: GP
Should we start Tate or Foster - I ask because Tate seemed to have more success against a pretty good defense than Foster did.

I wondered why Kubiak didn't try Tate more than he did as Tate seemed to be doing a bit better. But, Kubiak has this "thing" about not making adjustments and continuing to do the same thing over and over as if he can will it to be successful. You'd think after lo these many years...........sigh.

For the record, I agree totally with SheTexan.

Having said that, if I were McNair, I'd fire Kubiak on the spot if he loses to the Titans.

Now can we please have some threads that talk football.

...or is pure football strategy talk not allowed on a football msg board any longer?
No one is stopping anyone from doing just that. But both you and I are posting in this thread. If you're not part of the solution...

You said it. I didn't pick this team, it chose me. Long live Houston! Long live the Texans! (even if they drive me insane)

2006 (1-4, 6-10)

2007 (3-2, 8-8)

2008 (0-1, 8-8)

2009 (0-1, 9-7)

2010 (4-4, 6-10)

2011 (3-3, ???)

"So you're telling me there's a chance..."

dumbanddumber1994m720pm.png

What does it matter if I accept the loss or not? I can't go into that locker room and roll heads post-loss...

Fact for me is, I've got a lotttt of things I enjoy doing and just as many things on my plate, and though the Texans are my team and I celebrate the wins and am sad in defeat right along with them, I can't sit there and dwell in a team of millionares losing a game and be angry and talk about how I'm not gunna take it/accept it/whatever...

Back