Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?

Whether we like or not, it is up to Bob. Let us just hope that we start to win many games. And, it starts from not next month, not next year but now right now!!!

Go Texans!!!

Whether we like or not, it is up to Bob. Let us just hope that we start to win many games. And, it starts from not next month, not next year but now right now!!!

Go Texans!!!

Hopefully they are having a "come to Jesus" meeting right now.

I want Kubiak gone right now, let alone after we lose to the Titans. Wouldn't suprise me a bit if we lost to the Titans this coming weekend, and to the Jags after that. It's what this team does. Which is why it needs a new leader.

Right there with you but two minor points that came to mind when I read your post.

1. "It's what this team does" implies that they're a team and I don't think that's what Kubiak has built here. The Texans unravel, they don't pull together like a team.

1. "new leader" implies we have one now. I don't think Kubiak is a leader. He's a guy who knows his x's and o's but he's not a leader. Nobody will run through a wall for him. They all like him and say the right things every year as they fold up on him but they aren't inspired by him and they don't seem to believe in him.

"Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?"

Anyone that knows ME, knows that I am a dieHARD fan too...
But I just had a half smoked reefer tossed at my TEXANS truck by a saints fan, he yelled something at me as he passed while laughing....THAT just PISSED me off!
If the TEXANS lose next week in Tenn. :cutthroat:

Being a heartbroke fan is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!

Jus sayin.

"Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans and a 3-4 start?"

Anyone that knows ME, knows that I am a dieHARD fan too...
But I just had a half smoked reefer tossed at my TEXANS truck by a saints fan, he yelled something at me as he passed while laughing....THAT just PISSED me off!
If the TEXANS lose next week in Tenn. :cutthroat:

Being a heartbroke fan is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!

Jus sayin.
A Saints fan throwing away his pot? I bet he went and picked it back up.

Until they get it right.... they need to pray as often as possible.

I would imagine that's been going on for a number of years now, and it hasn't helped any. Perhaps we could change our team name to The Aztecs and sacrifice a live player on the 50 yard line at halfime. Once our players get the idea, and start winning, we could become true Aztecs and sacrifice the opposing teams players at halftime. :)

"Is anyone here going to accept a loss to the Titans..."

We've been accepting losses for 10 years, will not be any different if it happens again this next Sunday.

I hate to say it, but the Kubiak era is what it is: Losing more than winning.

There's enough data to make a decision on the guy, IMO. But I welcome McNair's decision on why he just has to keep us on the right track for 2012. I'm sure it will be a doozy of an explanation, for sure.

I will, as usual, "accept" that bit of bad news too.

EDIT: Isn't "acceptance" the final stage of grief? Ironic, isn't it?

Good point. Everyone loves a quitter! ;)

Again,

Who are these real fans you keep posting about?

Are you a real Fan and what qualities does a real fan have that other people that root for the team dont have?

Are you a better fan than say Steel, She Texan, Bill, Joe Texan etc....

You and Maddict seem to be the only one capable of judging what a true fan is and if this is the case I need a set of guidelines to go by so that I can be a true fan too.

im hoping/expecting for a win & il be pissed if we lose as its a much more winnable game than the ravens game esp if we have AJ back.

still though why is everyone acting like the titans are some garbage team that we should dominate at their field. they beat the ravens & are the same record as us coming off a bye. just sayin if we win, it'll be a good win

And there you have it. But no, they keep going and then want to tell the waiter how to carry beer, the cook how to cook, and the manager what he should do to really make his establishment top flight. Yet none of them have even the remotest idea of the restaurant industry or what it takes to have a successful restaurant...but I'm sure they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Depend on how you define success,

If it's making $$$$. I'm not as good as BoBBy. Jamey Rootes is a genius. IMHO

If it's putting a winning product on the field. just about any fan could do as well at running a team as BoBBy has done this decade.

Again,

Are you a real Fan and what qualities does a real fan have that other people that root for the team dont have?

You and Maddict seem to be the only one capable of judging what a true fan is and if this is the case I need a set of guidelines to go by so that I can be a true fan too.

keep me out of it pls. i never said anything to anybody individually about their fandom. i only said (since everone is so hypercritical of the owner, coaches, players, toro etc right now) maybe they should take a look at that ravens stadium yesterday to see what homefield advantage a great FANBASE can make. quite different from what y'all are arguing about

and as far as i can see, the majority of the board think they're real fans only if they give out and rant demanding change after every loss.. and anybody trying to rationalise it is a texans pr gimmick sunshiner

Again,

Who gives a damn what anyone thinks of your commitment . Blind fans bring you the Cubs and who wants that ?

Whether you are a so called fan or not the question is why tolerate the same old stuff . I spend quite a bit of my spare time keeping up with the Texans and I feel short changed again . It's like when the old #8 was QB , we're limited by the HC , FO , QB and it's hard to run with the big boys when your not strong at those three .

Oh well we've paddled halfway across the lake and can't turn back now . Full steam ahead Texans stroke , stroke , stroke , stroke , we're taking on water Capt. Bob . Hmmm ... better keep the same boat just patch it .

keep me out of it pls. i never said anything to anybody individually about their fandom. i only said (since everone is so hypercritical of the owner, coaches, players, toro etc right now) maybe they should take a look at that ravens stadium yesterday to see what homefield advantage a great FANBASE can make. quite different from what y'all are arguing about

and as far as i can see, the majority of the board think they're real fans only if they give out and rant demanding change after every loss.. and anybody trying to rationalise it is a texans pr gimmick sunshiner
the Ratbird fanbase didn't make any tackles. Our fanbase is just as good as the Ratbirds. I guarantee you that if they were as mediocre as long as we are, they would be pissing vinegar also.

If we lose this Sunday, someone needs to revive the Cowher signature from last season and give it an update.

Isn't "acceptance" the final stage of grief? Ironic, isn't it?

Stage 1 -- Denial: "I know his overall record is 40-44, but Kubiak is a good coach! He just needs one more season to finally break through."

Stage 2 -- Anger: "Motherf#####! Why the f### does Houston always have to be the patsy in every f###### sport!"

Stage 3 -- Bargaining: "Please dear God, let McNair fire Kubiak and hire Cowher. I promise, if you make that happen, I'll never say another bad thing about the Texans and I'll stop kicking my dog during football games."

Stage 4 -- Depression: "What's the point in continuing with this? Where's that bottle of Sominex?"

Stage 5 -- Acceptance: "Hey, 8-8 may not be a winning record, but it's not a losing record either. It's all good."

Stage 5 -- Acceptance: "Hey, 8-8 may not be a winning record, but it's not a losing record either. It's all good."

carebear.jpg

It seems like only a couple of months ago that while the Texans were gearing up for a deep playoff run, the Titans were in complete disarray. CJ holding out, novice head coach, Dave Ragone as WR coach, no QB...the list goes on. Now the fanbase seems a little nervous about playing them for command of the division.

A loss this week is a bad loss. No spin about it.

It seems like only a couple of months ago that while the Texans were gearing up for a deep playoff run, the Titans were in complete disarray. CJ holding out, novice head coach, Dave Ragone as WR coach, no QB...the list goes on. Now the fanbase seems a little nervous about playing them for command of the division.

A loss this week is a bad loss. No spin about it.

Kubiak's 'kids' a 3 point underdog to a rebuilding Titan team with a new coach, new QB and WR1 on IR. Here is the good news though...according to many of our fanbase, the Titans shouldn't have a shot!

I won't accept it but hell I haven't accepted any our losses this year so what do I know.

It's just a division game. Against the Titans. How important is that?

Our fanbase is just as good as the Ratbirds. I guarantee you that if they were as mediocre as long as we are, they would be pissing vinegar also.

hmm couple ppl have said that.... sounds alot like those excuses y'all hate so much hearing to me

if kubiak came out after yesterdays game saying:

'Our team is just as good as the Ratbirds. I guarantee you that if they were missing thir best D-lineman, they would've lost also'

you and others might have had some comments for him

Who gives a damn what anyone thinks of your commitment . Blind fans bring you the Cubs and who wants that ?

Whether you are a so called fan or not the question is why tolerate the same old stuff . I spend quite a bit of my spare time keeping up with the Texans and I feel short changed again . It's like when the old #8 was QB , we're limited by the HC , FO , QB and it's hard to run with the big boys when your not strong at those three .

Oh well we've paddled halfway across the lake and can't turn back now . Full steam ahead Texans stroke , stroke , stroke , stroke , we're taking on water Capt. Bob . Hmmm ... better keep the same boat just patch it .

Totally agree with this post.

I was just pointing out SM's arrogance.

I truly want to know his definition of a true fan. I feel quite sure I've spent more $$$$ and time on this decade of failure than a true fan like SM.

Losing =Failure, I dont believe in failure. Wish BoBBy felt the same way.

the Ratbird fanbase didn't make any tackles. Our fanbase is just as good as the Ratbirds. I guarantee you that if they were as mediocre as long as we are, they would be pissing vinegar also.

hmm couple ppl have said that.... sounds alot like those excuses y'all hate so much hearing to me

if kubiak came out after yesterdays game saying:

'Our team is just as good as the Ratbirds. I guarantee you that if they were missing thir best D-lineman, they would've lost also'

you and others might have had some comments for him
What sounds like an excuse? I said that our fanbase is not inferior to the Ratbirds and the fans don't make any tackles. At least be coherent in your retorts.

What sounds like an excuse? I said that our fanbase is not inferior to the Ratbirds and the fans don't make any tackles. At least be coherent in your retorts.

saying the ravens fans would be like us if they had a losing team is rationalising why they're better. funny how thats the only thing texans related you rationalise. tell the seashawks & the dolphins that homefield advantage or the fans dont make a difference

Totally agree with this post.

I was just pointing out SM's arrogance.

I truly want to know his definition of a true fan. I feel quite sure I've spent more $$$$ and time on this decade of failure than a true fan like SM.

Losing =Failure, I dont believe in failure. Wish BoBBy felt the same way.

A true fan is someone who never criticises their team no matter what. A true fan has zero expectations and is just glad to have the team.

saying the ravens fans would be like us if they had a losing team is rationalising why they're better. funny how thats the only thing texans related you rationalise. tell the seashawks & the dolphins that homefield advantage or the fans dont make a difference

so, you honestly think the Baltimore fans would accept a loser and wouldn't complain about a decade of no playoffs...no big wins...not beating teams with winning records? please, put down the pipe. You are making an idiotic argument.

Kubiak's 'kids' a 3 point underdog to a rebuilding Titan team with a new coach, new QB and WR1 on IR. Here is the good news though...according to many of our fanbase, the Titans shouldn't have a shot!

TexansAnniversaryProgram.jpg

(credit to Herv)

A true fan is someone who never criticises their team no matter what. A true fan has zero expectations and is just glad to have the team.

That's what I thought SM's definition of a true fan is.

Still waiting to here from him though. LOL

so, you honestly think the Baltimore fans would accept a loser and wouldn't complain about a decade of no playoffs...no big wins...not beating teams with winning records? please, put down the pipe. You are making an idiotic argument.

all im saying is if i posted 'so you honestly think if Baltimore were missing ray rice and haloti ngata, we wouldve beaten the ravens yesterday' id be called an excuse making, cheerleading sunshiner by you and others

A new coach who, by the way, never even held a coordinator position before being elevated to Top Dog.

Don't forget Rags as the WR coach, a move that was panned around here.

I thought it was a good hire. Of all the players from the Capers era, he was the one that understood offense at a deep level.

all im saying is if i posted 'so you honestly think if Baltimore were missing ray rice and haloti ngata, we wouldve beaten the ravens yesterday' id be called an excuse making, cheerleading sunshiner by you and others
all these excuses are nauseating. The Ratbirds were missing Ben Grubbs Tom Zbikowski, Lee Evans, Chris Carr, and Jimmy Smith....all starters or key reserves (nick back etc.). Your arguments are weak, like your ninja skillz.

Don't forget Rags as the WR coach, a move that was panned around here.

I thought it was a good hire. Of all the players from the Capers era, he was the one that understood offense at a deep level.

Somehow, the rookie head coach, Munchak, figured out how to go out and hire a solid offensive coordinator (Chris Palmer) and a solid defensive coordinator (Jerry Gray) in his very first try.

Some guys are just lucky, I guess....

Again,

If you have never, never ever ever ever rooted for the Texans to lose, you're a true fan. If you were rooting for us to lose so we can draft Reggie Bush, you aren't a true fan. If you rooted for us to lose to Jacksonville last year so we could draft earlier, you aren't a true fan.

If you pull (not hope, not would prefer, not would like it) for the Texans to win every game you're a true Texans fan.... that's it.

Didn't take long for the Colts fans to come down to earth.

If you have never, never ever ever ever rooted for the Texans to lose, you're a true fan. If you were rooting for us to lose so we can draft Reggie Bush, you aren't a true fan. If you rooted for us to lose to Jacksonville last year so we could draft earlier, you aren't a true fan.

If you pull (not hope, not would prefer, not would like it) for the Texans to win every game you're a true Texans fan.... that's it.

Yikes! I habitually root for the Texans to lose once they're mathematically eliminated from post-season play so they can get a higher pick in the draft and potentially get better more quickly than they might with a lower pick.

So far, it hasn't really worked out for us though.

I can guarantee you there are a lot of rabid Colts fans who are praying their team goes winless this season.

Somehow, the rookie head coach, Munchak, figured out how to go out and hire a solid offensive coordinator (Chris Palmer) and a solid defensive coordinator (Jerry Gray) in his very first try.

Some guys are just lucky, I guess....

I'll give you Gray, but I think you are nuts if you think Palmer is a solid anything.

I'll give you Gray, but I think you are nuts if you think Palmer is a solid anything.
Palmer did a great job with E Manning. Manning hasn't played as well since. He also did a fantastic job with Mark Brunell when they went to the AFC Championship...that offense was nearly unstoppable. He had David Carr here...right?

Well, we need to get that definition sent up to the football dictators! If this wasn''t a family message board, I'd tell you what you can do with your "true fan" definition.

Since we're making up definitions, here's mine: A true fan is one who stands by his team no matter what. That doesn't mean you don't criticize. It's kind of like your brother. You rag on your brother, you beat up on your brother, but the minute some outisder, redneck, inbred, toothless Titans fan comes in talking ****, you beat the hell out of them.

Our team may have problems, but it's OUR TEAM. A true fan is not blind, stupid, or ignorant. A true fan can discuss these problems without worrying he's going to lose his fandom. If you're so insecure in your fandom that you can't truthfully analyze things, that's your problems. We true fans will analyze and discuss anything we damn well please, and if you don't like it, go find the sunshine pollyanna message board.

He washed out as a HC, no question. He didn't have much to work with in Houston and Capers meddled more than he should have.

He posted a couple of 11-5 seasons in Jacksonville as OC.

But I'll grant you that a case could be made against him.

A "true fan" knows a little bit about Bucky Richardson, Billy Joe Tolliver and Cody Carlson, yet they're still addicted to Houston Football.

These "true fans" have eaten a lot of **** over a lot of years - and though they have every reason to be pissed off in 2011 - they also know it could be a lot friggin worse, y'all.

Perspective is a bad mother...(shut yo mouth!)

Back