Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Injury Thread

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
TEXANS INJURY REPORT FRIDAY STATUS
MANCZ DNP...........STILL IN PROTOCOL AS EXPECTED.........OUT

STILLS LP.............QUESTIONABLE..........SHOULD NOT PLAY

TAIWAN JONES LP............QUESTIONABLE............IF PLAYS WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY LIMITED

JOSEPH LP.............WRIST/HIP..........NEW.........QUESTIONABLE.............THIS IS THE "OFFICIAL INJURY REPORT," BUT WHAT I AM HEARING IS THAT JOSEPH'S MAIN INJURY IS A HAMSTRING WHICH IS NOT EVEN LISTED...........WONDERING IF THEY'VE GOT HIM MIXED UP WITH GIPSON.............CHECK IT BEFORE THEY CHANGE IT https://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report/

(I AM HOPING THAT GIPSON'S HIP WILL NOT BE COMPROMISING HIM THIS GAME)

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
upload_2019-10-11_15-43-39.png

AS EXPECTED, FISHER, JONES AND O'DANIEL...........OUT

WATKINS..........DOUBTFUL............NO WAY HE PLAYS AFTER NEVER SEEING THE PRACTICE FIELD

WYLIE..........DOUBTFUL...........DNP WED, THEN LP THURS, THEN BACK TO DNP ON WALK-THROUGH FRIDAY............WILL NOT SEE THE FIELD SUNDAY

HILL.........DOUBTFUL...........BACK TO LP ON A WALK-THROUGH DAY............NO WAY HE SHOULD SEE THE FIELD SUNDAY...............EVEN THOUGH IT WAS REPORTED BY RAPAPORT AND THE TEAM THAT IF THE SCAN SHOWED HEALING, HE WOULD BE CLEARED, I PREVIOUSLY POSTED THAT SCAN RESULTS WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DECISION TO CLEAR HIM THIS EARLY (SEE PREVIOUS POST ABOVE)

HITCHENS IS VERY LIKELY TO BE COMPROMISED ON SUNDAY

MY IMPRESSION ON MAHOMES HASN'T CHANGED

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I was asked about Duane Brown being doubtful for Sunday due to a biceps injury. For an offensive lineman, if the tear is proximal (near the shoulder) and is a grade I or a grade II tear <50%, he may be able to rehab the injury depending on the extent of tear in anywhere from 2-10 weeks. If the tear is proximal and >50% then it is unlikely that he will be able to avoid rehabbing the rest of the season or having surgery. If the tear is distal (near the elbow), I see no way he will be able to avoid surgery, and his season will soon be over.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Hill from what I've heard has been dealing with soreness in his attempt to practice in a limited fashion. This in itself is reason alone not consider putting him on the field. Supposedly, the Chiefs say they will be putting him through a pregame workout to make a final decision.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Posted re. Mahomes at halftime:

I went back and slow-motioned the play where Mahomes' ankle was re-injured. His foot was INVERTED on that play instead of EVERTED and ROTATED (mechanism for high ankle sprain)...............therefore, now he has a significant fresh LOW ANKLE SPRAIN in addition to the re-injured high ankle sprain he came into this game with.............meaning, his ankle must now be experiencing significantly increased instability compare to before.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
From the Game Day Thread re. Howard:

It was difficult to see much clearly, but his left knee was appeared to be forcefully flexed on that play. The way they were holding/supporting his leg, it looks like Howard could have sustained a quad tendon or patellar tendon rupture. I hope not

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !

It was difficult to see much clearly, but his left knee was appeared to be forcefully flexed on that play. The way they were holding/supporting his leg, it looks like Howard could have sustained a quad tendon or patellar tendon rupture. I hope not
Would that be the Duane Brown injury ( quad ) ?

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker

The way they carried him off means he is probably lost for the season. Luckily we have Johnson, who is at least as good.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Texans rookie offensive tackle Tytus Howard, their first-round draft pick, was carted off the field in the third quarter with an apparent left knee injury.

The initial prognosis is encouraging for Howard with no torn anterior cruciate ligament diagnosed and further tests to be conducted Monday, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly.

"It may have looked worse than it really was," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "Hopefully, we can get him back at some point."
&&&https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-rookie-Tytus-Howard-carted-off-with-left-14518644.php

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Texans rookie offensive tackle Tytus Howard, their first-round draft pick, was carted off the field in the third quarter with an apparent left knee injury.

The initial prognosis is encouraging for Howard with no torn anterior cruciate ligament diagnosed and further tests to be conducted Monday, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly.

"It may have looked worse than it really was," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "Hopefully, we can get him back at some point."
&&&https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-rookie-Tytus-Howard-carted-off-with-left-14518644.php
I wouldn't get too excited yet. I never expected an ACL since he evidently couldn't walk off on his own or supported by the trainers. I pretty much ruled out fracture unless stress, because there was no AirCast or ice packs applied. My impressions are explained above. An ACL rupture should have been diagnosed by physical exam (a partial ACL is possible but very unusual). A partial quad or patellar tendon would require an MRI to make a definitive diagnosis. That's the testing that will occur when Howard returns to Houston tomorrow.

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't get too excited yet. I never expected an ACL since he evidently couldn't walk off on his own or supported by the trainers. I pretty much ruled out fracture unless stress, because there was no AirCast or ice packs applied. My impressions are explained above. ACL should have been diagnosed by physical exam. A partial quad or patellar tendon would require an MRI to make a definitive diagnosis. That's the testing that will occur when Howard returns to Houston tomorrow.
What is the outlook for those injuries?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What is the outlook for those injuries?
How about if we wait for a definitive diagnosis...........meanwhile, if you are interested, I posted extensively on quad tendon ruptures when it occurred with Duane Brown, and Patellar tendon ruptures with Derek Newton and others.

The only other related diagnosis I can think of that is a possibility is a severe quad MUSCLE (instead of tendon) tear, where we could see the same supportive handling of the leg on the cart...........again an MRI will diagnose and characterize the injury.

Last edited:

OzzO

.. and then?
The Houston Texans starting right tackle Tytus Howard avoided a season-ending injury against the Kansas City Chiefs. Howard suffered a partially torn left medial collateral ligament.

Howard went down early in the third quarter against the Chiefs clutching his left knee and many feared for the worst. A cart came out to get the first-round pick taking him in for further examination inside the locker room....
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-texans-tytus-howard-has-partially-torn-left-mcl/?fbclid=IwAR3OeAxJ1uDWRpbC0EQ_5IIwD5C6d_POy9Z3wvgorXE6_xqUFdBJNziBae0

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Howard suffered a sprain of his MCL and could miss several weeks while Roby suffered a hamstring injury and could be out a month. Both reported on NFL.com by Kevin Patra.
What does several weeks mean Doc?

markn

All Pro
Thanks for posting, but it doesn't sound particularly well informed. I'll wait for CnD before drawing any conclusions, but I'm happy to be conservative with this one and run with Roderick Johnson until Howard is completely healed. It"s possible RJ is actually the better tackle at this point, but the drop off after him is huge so we really need a clean injury-free period for the OL to keep DW4 upright.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The reports on Howard are a "partial" MCL..............this leaves quite a range of injury. When referring to a typically Grade II, most are <50% of the width of the ligament......and in this scenario, you could expect ~4-6 weeks to return safely with decent strength. A subtotal tear (somewhere >50% but not a total rupture of the ligament [which would take 12-16 weeks]), I would expect closer to 8 weeks to safely/functionally return to game play.

The best new of all is that once healed, there should be no long-term negative implications of this injury on the young man's performance.:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I hate to put this addendum in, but understand that I am going on the initial report of "partial MCL" presented by the Texans...........and that my above post is now solely based on the honest release of information. Howard was openly crying in excruciating pain with his injury......something I am not used to seeing with an isolated partial tear of an MCL.

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I hate to put this addendum in, but understand that I am going on the initial report of "partial MCL" presented by the Texans...........and that my above post is now solely based on the honest release of information. Howard was openly crying in excruciating pain with his injury......something I am not used to seeing with an isolated partial tear of an MCL.
I'm no expert, but I tore my MCL partially in high school. The pain was not too terrible, but the knee felt so unstable immediately. It was emotional and I am sure it was less about pain and more about a devastating feeling for him.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I'm no expert, but I tore my MCL partially in high school. The pain was not too terrible, but the knee felt so unstable immediately. It was emotional and I am sure it was less about pain and more about a devastating feeling for him.
The wincing he showed was not emotional.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The reports on Howard are a "partial" MCL..............this leaves quite a range of injury. When referring to a typically Grade II, most are <50% of the width of the ligament......and in this scenario, you could expect ~4-6 weeks to return safely with decent strength. A subtotal tear (somewhere >50% but not a total rupture of the ligament [which would take 12-16 weeks]), I would expect closer to 8 weeks to safely/functionally return to game play.

The best new of all is that once healed, there should be no long-term negative implications of this injury on the young man's performance.:texflag:
Would the medical staff be looking at the quad/patellar tendon if the were suspecting an MCL to start with?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

TEXANS WEEK 7 INJURY REPORT

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

HOWARD [KNEE]...............OUT FOR SUNDAY

MANCZ [CONCUSSION] ....................HAS STILL NOT PASSED THE PROTOCOL

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

JOSEPH [HAMSTRING]............STILL TOO SOON FOR RETURN...........ESPECIALLY AS HIS AGE, INCREASED RISK FOR RE-INJURY WHENEVER HE RETURNS

HOPKINS[RIBS].........BRUISED AGAINST CHIEFS...........FORTUNATELY, HE DOES NOT CATCH WITH HIS CHEST...........WILL WEAR ADDITIONAL PADDING AND SHOULD BE FINE SUNDAY

FULLER (CALF/OBLIQUE)............BOTH OF THESE INJURIES COULD BE COMPENSATORY TO HIS PREVIOUS ACL IF HE IS HAVING ANY PROBLEM WITH HIS KNEE............CALF STRAINS ALWAYS WORRY ME WHEN IT COMES TO TRACKSTER RECEIVERS

ROBY [HAMSTRING].................WOULD NOT BRING HIM BACK THIS WEEK

TAIWAN JONES [HIP].......GOOD SIGN FOR SUNDAY

CUNNINGHAMS [KNEE]...........SUSTAINED 1ST HALF OF LAST GAME AND DID NOT RETURN ................SUSTAINED AN MCL LAST OCT AND MISSED SEVERAL GAMES

FULL PARTICIPATION

GIPSON [WRIST/HIP]...........SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO WITH THE RECURRENT HIP ISSUE, IF NO SETBACK THROUGHOUT THIS WEEK'S PRACTICES

HYDE [CALF]..........NEW.........THIS ONE BOTHERS ME, DESPITE FULL PARTICIPATION...........SCARY INJURY FOR A POWER BACK..........EVEN WHEN IT STARTS OUT AS A GRADE I

STILLS [HAMSTRING]........AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, I WOULD NOT LIKE TO SEE HIM SUNDAY UNTIL FULL PARTICIPATION FOR AT LEAST 1 FULL WEEK

FOR THOSE CURIOUS:

HENDERSON [BACK]................SUSTAINED LAST GAME............... HAS BEEN PLACED ON NON-FOOTBALL INJURY LIST..........REASON FOR CLARK SIGNING

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

COLTS WEEK 7 INJURY REPORT

Did Not Participate

WR PARIS CAMPBELL [ABDOMINAL]............SUSTAINED IN WEEK 4............DID NOT PRACTICE OR PLAY WEEK 5INCE..........HE IS LIKELY BOUND FOR "CORE SURGERY"

S MALIK HOOKER [KNEE].............SUSTAINED A TORN MEDIAL MENISCUS WEEK 3 AND DID NOT PRACTICE OR PLAY THROUGH THE PRESENT................OCT 2018 SUFFERED AN ACL/MCL AND WAS OUT THE REST OF THE SEASON.............LIKELY HE HAD MENISCUS DAMAGE FROM HIS 2018 KNEE INJURY................EXPECT THAT HE WILL NEED ANOTHER 2 WEEKS BEFORE HE IS ABLE TO CONSIDER RETURNING TO THE FIELD

CB PIERRE DESIR [HAMSTRING].............SUSTAINED DURING RECENT PRACTICE...........WOULD DOUBT THAT WE SEE HIM SUNDAY.............SUSTAINED A KNEE BONE BRUISE LEAVING WEEK 2 (THE HAMSTRING LIKELY COMPENSATORY TO THIS INJURY)............WAS SLOWED SINCE HIS BONE BRUISE

DT/DE TYQUAN LEWIS [ANKLE]..........SUSTAINED WHAT APPEARS TO BE A HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN WEEK 3............HAS NOT PRACTICED OR PLAYED PLAYED SINCE.......WOULD NOT EXPECT TO SEE HIM SUNDAY

CB KENNY MOORE [KNEE]..............NON-CHARATERIZED...........LEFT WEEK 5 WITH THIS INJURY...........NOT PROMISING FOR SUNDAY APPEARANCE

Limited Participant

S CLAYTON GEATHERS [CONCUSSION]...........SUSTAINED WEEK 4...........DIDN'T PLAY AGAINST THE CHIEFS HAS BEEN CLEARED IN THE CONCUSSION PROTOCOL TO RETURN TO PRACTICE TODAY, BUT WAS GIVEN AN EXTRA "REST" DAY

LB ZAIRE FRANKLIN [HAMSTRING]..........SUSTAINED DURING WEEK 5 CHIEFS GAME..........WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE HIM STAY "LIMITED".............DECENT CHANCE HE MAY NOT PLAY SUNDAY

ADDITIONAL INJURY INFORMATION

WR TY HILTON [QUAD].........SUSTAINED WEEK 2.............TRIED TO COME BACK IN WEEK 3 AND AGGRAVATED THE INJURY AND LEFT JUST BEFORE HALF TIME AFTER HE HAD CAUGHT A TD PASS..........RETURNED WEEK 5 WITH ONLY 4 RECEPTIONS.............HAS NOW HAD SOME EXTRA TIME TO HEAL AND IS APPARENTLY HEALTHY AFTER THE BYE (ALTHOUGH QUAD RE-INJURY REMAINS A RISK THIS SEASON)

RB MARLON MACK [ANKLE].........LOW ANKLE SUSTAINED IN WEEK 3...........LIMITED PRACTICE, BUT NEVER MISSED GAME ..........SUSTAINED A CALF STRAIN WEEK 2 WHICH PROBABLY SET HIM UP FOR THE ANKLE SPRAIN...........HE HAD FEW CARRIES IN WEEK 3 AND 4, THEN CAME BACK STRONG IN WEEK 5 29 CARRIES FOR 4.6 YD/C (OF COURSE AGAINST THE CHIEFS).............HAS COME BACK HEALTHY AFTER THE BYE...................SUSTAINED A HAMSTRING INJURY IN 2018 PRESEASON CAME BACK IN WEEK 2 AFTER 5 WEEKS, THEN RE-INJURED HIS HAMSTRING IN THAT GAME AND MISSED 3 MORE GAMES

CB ROCK YA-SIN [HIP]...........SUSTAINED HIP POINTER WEEK 4................FOLLOWED BY VERY LIMITED PRACTICE WEEK 5............FORCED INTO PLAY IN WEEK 5 BECAUSE OF LOSS THE COLTS 2 SAFETIES THAT WEEK, MALIK AND GEATHERS.............REACTED "NICELY" TO HEAD FAKES..........HAS COME BACK HEALTHY AFTER THE BYE

LB DARIUS LEONARD [CONCUSSION]..........SUSTAINED IN WEEK 4 THURSDAY PRACTICE........ DIDN'T PLAY AGAINST THE CHIEFS HAS BEEN CLEARED IN THE CONCUSSION PROTOCOL TO RETURN TO PRACTICE TODAY

S ROLAN MILLIGAN [KNEE].........UNCHARACTERIZED INJURY SUSTAINED WEEK 4........WAS QUESTIONABLE AND DIDN'T PLAY WEEK 5...........MOST STS PLAYER............HAS COME BACK HEALTHY AFTER THE BYE

LB ANTHONY WALKER [SHOULDER]............SUSTAINED DURING A WEEK 5 PRACTICE BUT DID NOT MIS WEEK 5 DESPITE BEING QUESTIONABLE..........FOUND ONE REFERENCE TO HIM HAVING A SHOULDER INJURY EARLIER THIS YEAR IN MAY...........HAS APPARENTLY COME BACK HEALTHY AFTER THE BYE

DE KEMOKO TURAY [ANKLE].............SUSTAINED WHAT TURNS OUT TO BE A FRACTURE IN WEEK 5........WAS PLACED ON IR MONDAY

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Chron's ?
Crohn's...........I suspected that this is why he missed weeks 3 and 4 (mentioned it at the time). And as far as this new issue...........Crohn's is commonly associated with significant arthritic joint and specifically lower back pains (sacroiliac joint). The strange part of this disease is that you can have a flare of the intestinal symptoms and have no joint flare ups, while at other times only having joint problems at a time the intestinal problems are not present. All of this is highly suspicious for Crohn's being involved, especially with his type of long-term injury designation.

Last edited:

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Hey CnD got a question, given the current injuries of both and injury history of both who would you say would be better to play this Sunday, Fuller or Stills? I know you've said you don't want to see Stills but given how Fuller has a glass leg and how physical the Chiefs were being, its almost like they were mad or something, would you still say he's the better choice to take Sunday?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Hey CnD got a question, given the current injuries of both and injury history of both who would you say would be better to play this Sunday, Fuller or Stills? I know you've said you don't want to see Stills but given how Fuller has a glass leg and how physical the Chiefs were being, its almost like they were mad or something, would you still say he's the better choice to take Sunday?
You bring up an interesting question. I'll try to approach it logistically.

Stills had his 1st Full practice yesterday..........I've always said that after a hamstring, I would not consider having a player play in a game until he has a full week of Full practices. The game film did not tell us that much about his hamstring except that he was mildly limping after the play which usually means a grade II. But what was not revealed until later in the week was that when his hamstring gave way, so did his ankle..............which would have been the reason enough we saw him with that mild limp. Therefore, he could have very well suffered only a grade I hamstring along with a grade I low ankle sprain, where players can return to play from between 1 and 3 weeks. So with the aforementioned said, this reasonably could be the week that Stills returns........if all practices are Full without setback.

As far as Fuller, with a calf and oblique issue (both muscle issues), he does not need to be out there Sunday. Calf strains, even grade I are very notorious (even more than hamstrings) for extending with adequate rest/rehab. Obliques are necessary to stretching out for balls and turning to see or catch balls, and pulling them into the body. What is important to know is that there is an association of core problems with calf strains...........the obliques are part of the core. Even if Fuller has sustained a grade I calf strain which is said to take 1-3 weeks before return, a key physical therapy pearl that I learned from seeing many sports related calf strains is when you think the player's calf is ready to return to full speed with no limitations (Fuller is already limited out of the gate), give the healing calf one more week........it's usually the wise choice.

And always keep in mind, with calf and hamstring strains, you are increased risk for re-injury whenever they come back........and usually for the remained of the season.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You bring up an interesting question. I'll try to approach it logistically.

Stills had his 1st Full practice yesterday..........I've always said that after a hamstring, I would not consider having a player play in a game until he has a full week of Full practices. The game film did not tell us that much about his hamstring except that he was mildly limping after the play which usually means a grade II. But what was not revealed until later in the week was that when his hamstring gave way, so did his ankle..............which would have been the reason enough we saw him with that mild limp. Therefore, he could have very well suffered only a grade I hamstring along with a grade I low ankle sprain, where players can return to play from between 1 and 3 weeks. So with the aforementioned said, this reasonably could be the week that Stills returns........if all practices are Full without setback.

As far as Fuller, with a calf and oblique issue (both muscle issues), he does not need to be out there Sunday. Calf strains, even grade I are very notorious (even more than hamstrings) for extending with adequate rest/rehab. Obliques are necessary to stretching out for balls and turning to see or catch balls, and pulling them into the body. What is important to know is that there is an association of core problems with calf strains...........the obliques are part of the core. Even if Fuller has sustained a grade I calf strain which is said to take 1-3 weeks before return, a key physical therapy pearl that I learned from seeing many sports related calf strains is when you think the player's calf is ready to return to full speed with no limitations (Fuller is already limited out of the gate), give the healing calf one more week........it's usually the wise choice.

And always keep in mind, with calf and hamstring strains, you are increased risk for re-injury whenever they come back........and usually for the remained of the season.
Obviously one of WFV/Stills is going to play Sunday.

Which one would you play?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Just rewatched the game to make sure. Zach Cunningham did return to the game & played most if not all of the second half.
Thanks for catching that. I didn't see him back in the 1st half after he was injured? He did indeed play most of the 2nd half.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
COLTS WEEK 7 INJURY REPORT (THURSDAY)

Did Not Participate

WR PARIS CAMPBELL [ABDOMINAL]............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

CB PIERRE DESIR [HAMSTRING].............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

DT/DE TYQUAN LEWIS [ANKLE]..............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

CB KENNY MOORE [KNEE].............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

DE JUSTIN HOUSTON [CALF]............NEW............SUSTAINED IN WEDNESDAY PRACTICE...............WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY.............DEALT WITH HAMSTRING ISSUES THROUGHOUT MOST OF THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON AFTER SUSTAINING THE INJURY IN WEEK 5............AND MISSED 4 GAMES

TE ERIC EBRON [ILLNESS].............NEW.............WITH TE DOYLE ON THE TEAM, EBRON HASN'T HAD THE PROMINENT ROLE HE HAS HELD IN PAST YEARS............NOR HAVE HIS STATS BEEN AS IMPRESSIVE.......................HIS PRESENCE SUNDAY IS UP IN THE AIR

Limited Participant

S MALIK HOOKER [KNEE].............THE COLTS ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE COUNTING ON HIM PLAYING SUNDAY IS.............WITH THE OPPORTUNITY OF ONLY 1 LIMITED PRACTICE (I DON'T COUNT FRIDAY'S AS LEGITIMATE PRACTICE) HIS KNEE INJURY HISTORY AND NOW COMING BACK FROM A MENISCUS TEAR, SUNDAY IS TOO EARLY

Limited Participant

S CLAYTON GEATHERS [CONCUSSION]...........SHOULD BE BACK FOR HIS FIRST GAME SINCE WEEK 4

LB ZAIRE FRANKLIN [HAMSTRING]...............SHOULD STILL BE QUESTIONABLE FOR SUNDAY

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
TEXANS WEEK 7 INJURY REPORT (THURSDAY)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

HOWARD [KNEE]...............OUT FOR SUNDAY

MANCZ [CONCUSSION] ....................HAS STILL NOT PASSED THE PROTOCOL

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

JOSEPH [HAMSTRING]............PLAYING OUT AS I SUSPECTED..........THE TEXANS SAY THAT HE HAS A "STRONG" CHANCE OF PLAYING SUNDAY...............I STILL SAY THAT HE SHOULD NOT PLAY SUNDAY...........SINCE THESE ARE THE COLTS I'M AFRAID HE AND THE TEAM WILL PUSH FOR HIM TO BE OUT THERE

ROBY [HAMSTRING].................AGAIN, WOULD NOT BRING HIM BACK THIS WEEK

FULL PARTICIPATION

HOPKINS[RIBS]............AS EXPECTED, HE WILL PLAY SUNDAY

STILLS [HAMSTRING]........PLAYING OUT AS I SUSPECTED.............EXPECT HIM TO PLAY SUNDAY

GIPSON [WRIST/HIP]...........BACK TO LIMITED, BUT SHOULD STILL BE GOOD TO GO

HYDE [CALF]..........NEW.........THIS ONE BOTHERS ME, DESPITE FULL PARTICIPATION...........BUT HE WILL PROBABLY PLAY AGAINST THE COLT

CUNNINGHAMS [KNEE]...........WILL PLAY SUNDAY

FULLER (CALF/OBLIQUE)............WOULD STILL BE HESITANT TO SEE HIM OUT THERE SUNDAY

TAIWAN JONES [HIP].......WILL PLAY SUNDAY

Reactions: ROO
COLTS WEEK 7 INJURY REPORT (THURSDAY)

Did Not Participate

WR PARIS CAMPBELL [ABDOMINAL]............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

CB PIERRE DESIR [HAMSTRING].............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

DT/DE TYQUAN LEWIS [ANKLE]..............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

CB KENNY MOORE [KNEE].............HE WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY

DE JUSTIN HOUSTON [CALF]............NEW............SUSTAINED IN WEDNESDAY PRACTICE...............WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY.............DEALT WITH HAMSTRING ISSUES THROUGHOUT MOST OF THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON AFTER SUSTAINING THE INJURY IN WEEK 5............AND MISSED 4 GAMES

TE ERIC EBRON [ILLNESS].............NEW.............WITH TE DOYLE ON THE TEAM, EBRON HASN'T HAD THE PROMINENT ROLE HE HAS HELD IN PAST YEARS............NOR HAVE HIS STATS BEEN AS IMPRESSIVE.......................HIS PRESENCE SUNDAY IS UP IN THE AIR

Limited Participant

S MALIK HOOKER [KNEE].............THE COLTS ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE COUNTING ON HIM PLAYING SUNDAY IS.............WITH THE OPPORTUNITY OF ONLY 1 LIMITED PRACTICE (I DON'T COUNT FRIDAY'S AS LEGITIMATE PRACTICE) HIS KNEE INJURY HISTORY AND NOW COMING BACK FROM A MENISCUS TEAR, SUNDAY IS TOO EARLY

Limited Participant

S CLAYTON GEATHERS [CONCUSSION]...........SHOULD BE BACK FOR HIS FIRST GAME SINCE WEEK 4

LB ZAIRE FRANKLIN [HAMSTRING]...............SHOULD STILL BE QUESTIONABLE FOR SUNDAY
How do you figure Moore won't play sunday? He hasn't been ruled out yet. Not to mention if he doesn't play and pierre to the colts would need to add another cb

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
How do you figure Moore won't play sunday? He hasn't been ruled out yet. Not to mention if he doesn't play and pierre to the colts would need to add another cb
Obviously you are new to this MB........so welcome. The Injury Report comments that I post every week are my own analyses and projections based on injury and pattern of practices leading up to games..............Moore has had an entire Bye week and yet he has still logged in as Did Not Participate both yesterday and today.............tomorrow will not change the pattern as it is typically a walk-through practice.