Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If I were Owner or GM...

You enjoy posturing that your opinion is the only one worth a grain and somehow your insights are infallible but I have to tell you, sir... Opinions, even yours, don't necessarily make them fact. A lot of your arguments deal with what ifs and what could be scenarios of which no one knows, as the rest of us, maybe not you, can't see the future.
I find it particularly amusing that you know exactly how the Texans front office will act or react to certain situations, contracts and PR issues as if you are part of the front office AND YET you wouldn't have done this deal nor did you foresee that they were going to do it. That has to be particularly infuriating for a know-it-all.
I'm not saying I disagree with everything you say but your arrogance is drowning out your good points which of course, make your poorer points even more prevalent, so, there's a couple issues for you to work on moving forward with your future debates on this site.

And regarding this team's management, I've got 20 years of history to fall back on where most people would describe Capers/Smith/Gaine/ MCnair as a total disaster fire. I'll gladly rest my strong opinions on that factual history and their bonehead moves to begin with. This recent draft where they botched the entire thing putting them in panic mode is just the latest example of why anyone trusting their judgement is foolish in the first place. And for folks who have trashed the Texans all off season who are now celebrating OB's wonderful moves really amuse the hell out of me.

Also.. I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on you telling me not to quote you because... Who do You think You are?
I read into exactly what you were putting down when referring to Tunsil so don't try to play it off later is it that's not what you meant and even if it wasn't what you meant you should try to be a little bit clearer. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that read your stuff read it just like I do. That said, I believe great players should be paid greatly but if he doesn't earn it, he's not going to get it, and I don't care what PR nightmare will be waiting for the Texans. They will chalk-up a loss or poor decision just like any other one they've made.. and they should be getting used to owning up to them by now.
You thinking he'll get whatever he wants no matter what is ridiculous. I honestly don't believe you even believe that one.. and if you do, I'm done humoring you on the topic.

You put words into my mouth because you didn't know how to properly break down my argument. You did that intentionally to make it seem like I spoke in absolutes when I never did. When you respond that way instead of addressing what I actually did say, then I'll have to tell you to stop wasting both of our time.

Last edited:
You enjoy posturing that your opinion is the only one worth a grain and somehow your insights are infallible but I have to tell you, sir... Opinions, even yours, don't necessarily make them fact. A lot of your arguments deal with what ifs and what could be scenarios of which no one knows, as the rest of us, maybe not you, can't see the future.
I find it particularly amusing that you know exactly how the Texans front office will act or react to certain situations, contracts and PR issues as if you are part of the front office AND YET you wouldn't have done this deal nor did you foresee that they were going to do it. That has to be particularly infuriating for a know-it-all.
I'm not saying I disagree with everything you say but your arrogance is drowning out your good points which of course, make your poorer points even more prevalent, so, there's a couple issues for you to work on moving forward with your future debates on this site.

Also.. I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on you telling me not to quote you because... Who do You think You are?
I read into exactly what you were putting down when referring to Tunsil so don't try to play it off later is it that's not what you meant and even if it wasn't what you meant you should try to be a little bit clearer. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that read your stuff read it just like I do. That said, I believe great players should be paid greatly but if he doesn't earn it, he's not going to get it, and I don't care what PR nightmare will be waiting for the Texans. They will chalk-up a loss or poor decision just like any other one they've made.. and they should be getting used to owning up to them by now.
You thinking he'll get whatever he wants no matter what is ridiculous. I honestly don't believe you even believe that one.. and if you do, I'm done humoring you on the topic.

We'll said. Dude is missing his cues when people actually agree with portions of his opinion. To damn stubborn and readily calling people ignorant. I don't have the patience for it. The ignore option looks more and more like a solution here...

Did you see a post from me saying I liked what we gave up in the trade? Please enlighten me. I pretty much melted down here about our trades more then most. I'm fully aware he has 2 years left on his contract. I'm also aware any player at any time can decide to hold out if he so chooses.

Your post offered little other then calling me stupid.

Don't give me this BS retraction about how you hated what we gave up.

If so you totally wasted your time questioning what I said, because clearly you didn't understand what the leverage meant for Tunsil or his agent. You do have to be pretty stupid not to understand the leverage factor him and his agent both have.

And yeah, you didn't understand any of those scenarios I originally mentioned or you wouldn't have blown them all off as nothing that likely won't happen or hurt the team's future roster "in a salary cap ran league."

Stick to your original arguments.

We'll said. Dude is missing his cues when people actually agree with portions of his opinion. To damn stubborn and readily calling people ignorant. I don't have the patience for it. The ignore option looks more and more like a solution here...

Use it then, instead of quoting my posts and trying to retract the holes in your argument.

You keep having this problem quoting me and then running from the rebuttals without explaining what is wrong with the rebuttal. Personally I don't think you understand the way that NFL contracts work.

Wtf version of dementia do you have?

Check any of my 3 dozen "***** this team" posts after the trades on Saturday.

Can you read the words under my name or see the gimp avatar freshly picked after the trades?

Wtf version of dementia do you have?

Check any of my 3 dozen "***** this team" posts after the trades on Saturday.

Stick to the posts you made quoting mine instead of trying to retract.

Its clear that you just came in here to argue because you're butt hurt over posts in the NSZ Because you haven't laid out one single argument other than to cry about my responses to your attempts that haven't said squat other than to say "these are what if" scenarios.

And again, are you that stupid that you don't even realize that this panic trade was made based on the "What if scenario" that Watson won't have proper protection with our new draft picks to finish the season and he'll end up like Andrew Luck? This entire trade fiasco was all done based on what if scenarios. :spit: (OMG, please don't put me on ignore)

Contract issues are a concern for any player we trade for.

I agree.

And water is wet.

There's no other rebuttal necessary because you brought nothing more to the table. You're disagreeing with someone who has mostly the same opinion. I despise both trades because I have no tolerance for stupidity. Which means I have no tolerance for you.

In the bin ya go.

In preparation for you, I was kind enough to put a 55 gallon drum of metamucil and a supply of adult diapers there. No one will be checking in on you. If you fall and cant get up your on your own. If the smell down there gets overwhelming we'll know your done and shovel you out.

Otherwise...

Ga bye!

Don’t argue with me! I swear I’ll texecutenate you. I’m not kidding. I got a gun in my mouth now?

Don’t argue with me! I swear I’ll texecutenate you. I’m not kidding. I got a gun in my mouth now?

Guy is unable to reason or have a back and forth. I'm wiling to change my mind in an argument, but he brought nothing. Just mad to be mad.

I'm gonna miss the ole coot.

Guy is unable to reason or have a back and forth. I'm wiling to change my mind in an argument, but he brought nothing. Just mad to be mad.

I'm gonna miss the ole coot.
Honest to god I’d rather pull the nut hairs off a bobcat than set in a room with that guy for two seconds. I say two because I want to see what stupid looks like.

Honest to god I’d rather pull the nut hairs off a bobcat than set in a room with that guy for two seconds. I say two because I want to see what stupid looks like.

I've only ignored 3 people since 04. I don't wanna do it.

But damn, stupid is stupid. Best of luck to him.

Wondering why there isn't more feedback on this - then it occurred to me. Am I last one here to ignore Tex? What the hell. People need to tell me these things.

We just brought in a player under no extension who knows we gave up what is probably the biggest trade package in NFL history for an offensive Lineman. He knows that we have to sign and can't just let him go or even trade him. We're already invested to much. He has all of the leverage.

Shhhhh... obviously Tunsil & his agent haven't figured that out yet.

Somehow, this forum Is a bit more pleasant now. With tex gone the old smell of feet and Bengay has vanished.

I'm starting to like this ignore option. I should use it more often.

Somehow, this forum Is a bit more pleasant now. With tex gone the old smell of feet and Bengay has vanished.

I'm starting to like this ignore option. I should use it more often.

I recently put someone on ignore (first time I’ve done that) and it’s made the board much more pleasurable to read

I recently put someone on ignore (first time I’ve done that) and it’s made the board much more pleasurable to read

I just created a thread in the "other forums" about it. I think I'm fairly thick skinned in general but tex hit a new version of dumbazz for me.

Can't do it.

The next thing that will happen is Tunsil will be way overpaid as the #1 lt.

The next gm won't have picks or capspace to work with

Hopefully he's paid well, he's really good and improving. You pay a guy that has given up 2 sacks in 800 snaps top $$$$.

1. Some moron convinced BO'b that either Matt Kalil will be able to play or they'll draft a player in the 1st round who can. & Tunsil wasn't on the market. Just saying this is not a legitimate gripe.
  2. Tunsil found out an hour before someone handed him a plane ticket that he's going to Houston. Houston has seven days to get him ready to play. It's ridiculous to expect them to have a contract in place, for a guy they have the rights to for two years.
  3. O'Brien hated Clowney
You have valid points on the 1st two. OB hating Clowney doesn't justify bungling the situation so badly.

If I were owner and/or GM (let's toss coach in there since they overlap x3), I'd find harakiri the least embarrassing option.

I don't have a problem pounding Carlos Hyde up the middle. That's what he's good at. I'll be upset if they keep trying to get him to get to the edge.

Me either ….

But the rest of the playbook …. ugh

1st down - long developing route behind a questionable OL
2nd down - Hyde up the gut for 3
2rd down - bubble screen goes nowhere
4th down - punt.

That's about the extent of the playbook , if Watson doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat , its going nowhere.

Wait, when did we get Carlos Hyde ... and why do we have Carlos Hyde? Seriously, how much of this isht show am I supposed to keep up with?

@Uncle Rico You have Carr Bombed on ignore, so that’s why you can’t see the Fire OB thread.

thats strange i've had him on ignore for a while, and never had an issue. just posted something in there last week or whatever. Not worth unblocking though so farewell FIRE BILL THREAD .. it was real!!

Back