Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If I were Owner or GM...

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
...I would not have allowed the present HC to leave the future in wreckage for the fans or the next HC, in a desperate attempt to save his job for the short term. Would you? Are you mad about it?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Why the hell are people so mad. All they did was exactly what people have been saying they want them to do. They went into win now mode. Did you really expect to have a win now mind set and be able to buoy for the future. That works in baseball but not in football. You are either trying to build a long term set up like the Pats or you are just trying to win that year and then be middle of the pack at best the next several years like Denver.

People wanted win now mode well be careful what you wish for because this is what it looks like.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I don't mind them trying something a tad radical, but because of all the last second theatrics they're going to be judged by it this season. Waiting on next season to make everything work after you just sent away all those draft picks is not an option now.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Sale jd? Sale high. Not the bs we saw yesterday.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
How many in here realize that when Tunsil wants a new contract his agent will have all the leverage? The Texans are completely fucked now, because his agent knows that the Texans have to resign him or all those pics were for nothing. Not only is he getting a max deal, but he's walking away with a little extra on top because they now have the Texans organization by the balls. As it stands now Tunsil doesn't even have to resign with the Texans. The Texans just took away all ability they would have had in negotiations.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How many in here realize that when Tunsil wants a new contract his agent will have all the leverage? The Texans are completely fucked now, because his agent knows that the Texans have to resign him or all those pics were for nothing. Not only is he getting a max deal, but he's walking away with a little extra on top because they now have the Texans organization by the balls. As it stands now Tunsil doesn't even have to resign with the Texans. The Texans just took away all ability they would have had in negotiations.
Yep. He'll be the highest paid LT. He may or may not be a top 10 LT now or ever.

LikeMike

Veteran
Tunsil was gonna become the highest paid LT in the history no matter what. The Texans knew this before the trade. This contract talks will be rather short.

With Clowney the problem was, that they didn’t want to offer a contract that is both long and at his market value for his last production, because of major injury concerns. Doc has posted numerous times how stupid it would be to invest long term in him.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
How many in here realize that when Tunsil wants a new contract his agent will have all the leverage? The Texans are completely fucked now, because his agent knows that the Texans have to resign him or all those pics were for nothing.
If his agent doesn't know the Texans don't care about wasting picks, he ain't been paying attention.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Fans and media react to traded picks in a big way. Picks are overvalued. I’ve been around long enough to know that there are folks here who look forward to draft day more than the regular football season. So I certainly see why some of them have a red ass right now.

The Texans have a desperate need at LT. So they could try and get through 2019 and risk injury to Deshaun Watson. Last year they won 11 games so if they repeat that or get close, they won’t be in range to draft a top left tackle and would have to trade up. It’d probably cost their 2020 and 2021 picks anyway. And that’s to move up and get an untested rookie.

Instead they’ve cut to the chase and made a deal now for Laremy Tunsil — a young, proven left tackle — for the same draft compensation. Now they can protect Watson in 2019 and beyond and they’re not mortgaging their future on an unknown.

It’s a fair move. Doesn’t mean it’ll work out. But it’s fair.

Texansballer74

The Marine
We got Tunsil, Stills, Martin, & Hyde in the last two days. Looks like he finally understands his success is more about the Jimmys & the Joes than the Xs & Os.

True that but let's see if his coaching philosophy changes. Or will he be pounding Duke and Hyde up the gut on every other play. Lol

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Fans and media react to traded picks in a big way. Picks are overvalued. I’ve been around long enough to know that there are folks here who look forward to draft day more than the regular football season. So I certainly see why some of them have a red ass right now.

The Texans have a desperate need at LT. So they could try and get through 2019 and risk injury to Deshaun Watson. Last year they won 11 games so if they repeat that or get close, they won’t be in range to draft a top left tackle and would have to trade up. It’d probably cost their 2020 and 2021 picks anyway. And that’s to move up and get an untested rookie.

Instead they’ve cut to the chase and made a deal now for Laremy Tunsil — a young, proven left tackle — for the same draft compensation. Now they can protect Watson in 2019 and beyond and they’re not mortgaging their future on an unknown.

It’s a fair move. Doesn’t mean it’ll work out. But it’s fair.
Great post

Things are finally changing down on Kirby and I've found people like to b!tch about change.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
Cal said yes to these moves....... so

were not concern about anything past this year ...... could sent us into a spiral if this does not work out.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
Great post

Things are finally changing down on Kirby and I've found people like to b!tch about change.

You've done a lot of b!&chn yourself over the years. So let's not toss rocks and hide your hands Steel. And I'm pretty sure if this team goes 4-12. You will b!&ch like you are accustomed to doing around here. Therefore, let fans be fans and stop b!&chn about those that are b!$chn.

Desperate measures are not good for business.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You've done a lot of b!&chn yourself over the years. So let's not toss rocks and hide your hands Steel. And I'm pretty sure if this team goes 4-12. You will b!&ch like you are accustomed to doing around here. Therefore, let fans be fans and stop b!&chn about those that are b!$chn.

Desperate measures are not good for business.
I wont be bitchin and I'm very happy change has finally happened down on Kirby.

I still expect a 9-7/10-6 type of season. Gotta get those young OL some experience. Also the CB's need to stay healthy, there's not much depth. Gaine's biggest bust FA signing/draft pick was Colvin . By a good margin.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
The hate for OB is starting to cloud people’s judgement here. Tunsil will get the top LT contract when he’s due because that’s how the market works. He’s already a top 10 LT and might be top 5 by the seasons end. Next off season he will be extended. They will just wait until we have a legit GM to put that deal together.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
My red ass is the mismanagement of Clowney. Tunsil, Pats CB, Hyde etc were all fine and I get, small overpay in picks, but big swing with more certain outcome then using those pics, and will burn Cals cash which ain't bothering me. Still cannot understand Clowney unless just toxic. They did him a solid as well so if toxic, why get him to a 4-3, pay half his salary, get him to FA, and landed him on a good team running a 4-3? Just wanted the distraction gone and salary space?? Jacob Martin may be situational help but wow. Maybe when KC contacted us long ago and heard Clowney's team say $120m over 6 they balked, I have been blaming the Texans but could be untradable because his demands. Flipped an asset for nothing, hell rescind the tag and you get mostly the same thing. Maybe RAC thinks he can do some magic with these guys?? Anyway, offense is ready to go if Tim Kelly is up to it and BOB gives him the keys

Dejaview

All Pro
The hate for OB is starting to cloud people’s judgement here. Tunsil will get the top LT contract when he’s due because that’s how the market works. He’s already a top 10 LT and might be top 5 by the seasons end. Next off season he will be extended. They will just wait until we have a legit GM to put that deal together.
Yep. But would never happen along with DW’s until the exorcism of Clowney happened. Incomprehensible what the whining would be had none of these trades been made and we went into NO with our old 53. If healthy this could be a very good team when the dust settles. If this is what it takes to break the mindset chains of the past and get the new regime under Cal moving to get past the lethargy of his dad, so be it. Most everybody else just whine and *****, but I’m for once in a loooooong time excited about a season and going forward.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I’m not really upset at the Tunsil trade, it’s how he handled Clowney that makes me upset. We still ended up getting Tunsil but got rid of Clowney for no reason. Hopefully OB is on the hot seat because anything less than an AFCCG or SB this season is a failure in my opinion.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I wont be bitchin and I'm very happy change has finally happened down on Kirby.

I still expect a 9-7/10-6 type of season. Gotta get those young OL some experience. Also the CB's need to stay healthy, there's not much depth. Gaine's biggest bust FA signing/draft pick was Colvin . By a good margin.
This wasn't change at all though.

This was a desperate failed HC who went into full knee jerk panic mode over his job and mortgaged what will likely be a major problem for a new GM or new HC to deal with. And now we have a LT not even signed who likely rape the team on his new contract since he knows the Texans have to pay him whatever he wants. Hell, he can hold out when he wants and he doesn't even have to play like an elite tackle either if he doesn't want to. All they did was make aggressive moves by trading away a ton of valuable picks when they could have fixed this situation this off season. Why would you trust OB's decision making moving forward? I think if there has been change it's for the worst. Its OB being an active GM.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Yeah except now Tunsil is in a situation where he can play average if he wants to and still become the highest paid LT. His incentive is gone. Lol!

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Three things I don't like:
1. The Texans should've made the Tunsil trade in June or July to give the OL some time to gel and Watson to get some reps with Stills.
2. The Texans should've had an extension in place with Tunsil when they made the trade.
3. How on earth was this team able to completely screw up every single facet of the Clowney situation? I've never seen or heard of a team completely blowing a situation like that.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
True that but let's see if his coaching philosophy changes. Or will he be pounding Duke and Hyde up the gut on every other play. Lol
I don't have a problem pounding Carlos Hyde up the middle. That's what he's good at. I'll be upset if they keep trying to get him to get to the edge.

Reactions: JB

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This wasn't change at all though.

This was a desperate failed HC who went into full knee jerk panic mode over his job and mortgaged what will likely be a major problem for a new GM or new HC to deal with. And now we have a LT not even signed who likely rape the team on his new contract since he knows the Texans have to pay him whatever he wants. Hell, he can hold out when he wants and he doesn't even have to play like an elite tackle either if he doesn't want to. All they did was make aggressive moves by trading away a ton of valuable picks when they could have fixed this situation this off season. Why would you trust OB's decision making moving forward? I think if there has been change it's for the worst. Its OB being an active GM.
Dont worry, they will get Tunsil signed long term.

This is a situation where not having a GM hurts the Texans org.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
1. The Texans should've made the Tunsil trade in June or July to give the OL some time to gel and Watson to get some reps with Stills.
2. The Texans should've had an extension in place with Tunsil when they made the trade.
3. How on earth was this team able to completely screw up every single facet of the Clowney situation? I've never seen or heard of a team completely blowing a situation like that.
All of this is fair.

You couldn't make the trade until the Dolphins were ready to make the trade though and they rightly held out until the last minute to maximize Tunsil's value.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The next thing that will happen is Tunsil will be way overpaid as the #1 lt.

The next gm won't have picks or capspace to work with

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
  1. Some moron convinced BO'b that either Matt Kalil will be able to play or they'll draft a player in the 1st round who can. & Tunsil wasn't on the market. Just saying this is not a legitimate gripe.
  2. Tunsil found out an hour before someone handed him a plane ticket that he's going to Houston. Houston has seven days to get him ready to play. It's ridiculous to expect them to have a contract in place, for a guy they have the rights to for two years.
  3. O'Brien hated Clowney

Sonny

TexSon Proud
Yeah except now Tunsil is in a situation where he can play average if he wants to and still become the highest paid LT. His incentive is gone. Lol!
I'm going to have to disagree with this one.
So, your thought process is this new young stud is going to purposely play in the realm of mediocre because he doesn't have to earn his next mega contract. Correct?
The Texans aren't for throwing good money after bad and Tunsil should realize that. After all, we just shipped Clowney away and he's supposed to be well above average if not elite and we're not going to break the bank for him either. So, knowing that Tunsil should at least play out of his ass just in case we won't break the bank for him... So, perhaps somebody else will.. IF he plays to his worth.
Most of these kids play for the Love of the game and the Pride within themselves. I like to believe that anyway.
Hell, most of the reason why I would have got rid of Clowney is he didn't seem all that interested in being a pro or being elite or at least owning up to his potential. It may be why he's gone.. but Tunsil should have more pride. Let's hope so anyway.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
So, your thought process is this new young stud is going to purposely play in the realm of mediocre because he doesn't have to earn his next mega contract. Correct?
Yep. He’s certainly not very aware of the fact he won’t be playing in a vacuum. He’ll be playing alongside his teammates. It will be very very hard to disguise a lack of effort. If you have any sense of pride, that’s something that you can’t turn off like a switch. Besides, a lack of desire or effort of giving 100%, isn’t something that will go unnoticed by the media and fans. They have a keen eye in telling the difference between giving your all and f’cking the dog.

Generally, not giving 100%, or taking plays off, usually makes you more susceptible to injury. Which is something you’d try to avoid in a contract year.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
The Texans aren't for throwing good money after bad and Tunsil should realize that. After all, we just shipped Clowney away and he's supposed to be well above average if not elite and we're not going to break the bank for him either. So, knowing that Tunsil should at least play out of his ass just in case we won't break the bank for him... So, perhaps somebody else will.. IF he plays to his worth.
Most of these kids play for the Love of the game and the Pride within themselves. I like to believe that anyway.
Hell, most of the reason why I would have got rid of Clowney is he didn't seem all that interested in being a pro or being elite or at least owning up to his potential. It may be why he's gone.. but Tunsil should have more pride. Let's hope so anyway.
Read my post correctly or don't quote it. Its getting really tiring having to explain incentives and leverage to some of you homers.

I never said that he won't try to play hard any where in my post. I said he doesn't have major incentive to now, because him and his agent know damn well we are going to pay them. We gave away two 1sts and a 2nd rounder without an extension. They know that the Texans would kill themselves before humiliating themselves so bad by not resigning a player they just gave two 1sts and a 2nd rounder for without an extension. If the Texans don't get a long term extension for this guy, then they'll have everyone know that they wasted those picks for a guy for two years. The Texans will never take that type of PR hit. They're going to pay that guy whatever incentives he wants, whatever salary he wants, and they'll have to do it even if he's acting like a jackass or getting himself into problems or whatever it may be. He knows that he'll have a long leash now. A super long leash. I'm not saying he's going to take advantage of it or will squander this all once he is paid. I am saying that he can take advantage of it. I am saying that he holds all the cards and can determine when he gets an extension and how much and he can hold out whenever he wants to now.

We are effectively Tunsil's ***** now.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Read my post correctly or don't quote it. Its getting really tiring having to explain incentives and leverage to some of you homers.

I never said that he won't try to play hard any where in my post. I said he doesn't have major incentive to now, because him and his agent know damn well we are going to pay them. We gave away two 1sts and a 2nd rounder without an extension. They know that the Texans would kill themselves before humiliating themselves so bad by not resigning a player they just gave two 1sts and a 2nd rounder for without an extension. If the Texans don't get a long term extension for this guy, then they'll have everyone know that they wasted those picks for a guy for two years. The Texans will never take that type of PR hit. They're going to pay that guy whatever incentives he wants, whatever salary he wants, and they'll have to do it even if he's acting like a jackass or getting himself into problems or whatever it may be. He knows that he'll have a long leash now. A super long leash. I'm not saying he's going to take advantage of it or will squander this all once he is paid. I am saying that he can take advantage of it. I am saying that he holds all the cards and can determine when he gets an extension and how much and he can hold out whenever he wants to now.

$20 mil per year minimum. Highest paid currently is $16m

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Yep. He’s certainly not very aware of the fact he won’t be playing in a vacuum. He’ll be playing alongside his teammates. It will be very very hard to disguise a lack of effort. If you have any sense of pride, that’s something that you can’t turn off like a switch. Besides, a lack of desire or effort of giving 100%, isn’t something that will go unnoticed by the media and fans. They have a keen eye in telling the difference between giving your all and f’cking the dog.

Generally, not giving 100%, or taking plays off, usually makes you more susceptible to injury. Which is something you’d try to avoid in a contract year.
So if he doesn't you're going to be okay watching the Texans not resign a guy after giving away two firsts and a 2nd rounder? Yeah right you are.

You didn't even think that scenario out.

You also didn't even think out the scenario of what if he gets hurt this season for the year or what if Watson does after doing this? This entire trade was done for nothing, because they'll be able to get Oline help in the next off season.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
$20 mil per year minimum. Highest paid currently is $16m
Why not ask for $25!? I would.

The team wanting your services already gave up two firsts and a 2nd for your services. You and your agent know that they'll take a huge PR hit if you aren't signed. He can hold out for a while too, because he knows that whenever the Texans raise their price, he'll have so much money coming his way.

Also, no one has thought about the fact that what if Watson, Tunsil, or Watt gets hurt for the season this year? This trade will have been for nothing, because they could go right into next season with draft picks and maybe a high draft pick like it did two years ago THAT WE COULDN"T EVEN USE because we didn't have a draft pick at all. All it will take is one huge injury to this team on its impact players and the benefit of this trade is already over with.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
  1. Some moron convinced BO'b that either Matt Kalil will be able to play or they'll draft a player in the 1st round who can. & Tunsil wasn't on the market. Just saying this is not a legitimate gripe.
  2. Tunsil found out an hour before someone handed him a plane ticket that he's going to Houston. Houston has seven days to get him ready to play. It's ridiculous to expect them to have a contract in place, for a guy they have the rights to for two years.
  3. O'Brien hated Clowney
IF he holds out at any point what are you going to do? If he wants $25 Mill a season, what are you going to do?

If Watson or him get hurt for a significant portion of this season, how did this trade help them?

Also why would Tunsil play next season under that salary? He isn't going to. He will hold out for sure.

Dejaview

All Pro
IF he holds out at any point what are you going to do? If he wants $25 Mill a season, what are you going to do?

If Watson or him get hurt for a significant portion of this season, how did this trade help them?

Also why would Tunsil play next season under that salary? He isn't going to. He will hold out for sure.
Every sentence in this post is stupidly conjectural or just plain stupid. The game of football would never be played since in your dumbass theory, you would have to know every event possible for every player on every team. You called me a HS idiot? I’m enjoying you showing everybody what high school philosophy looks like...please, don’t stop.

powda

Your entire post is based on what if. We'd be stupid to think guys don't want to get paid but...

What if Hopkins holds out

What if JJ holds out

What if Watson holds out

What if...

The question doesn't have much substance till we see proof of some sort.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Your entire post is based on what if. We'd be stupid to think guys don't want to get paid but...

What if Hopkins holds out

What if JJ holds out

What if Watson holds out

What if...

The question doesn't have much substance till we see proof of some sort.
Sure if you want to be extremely ignorant and obtuse about what just happened.

We just brought in a player under no extension who knows we gave up what is probably the biggest trade package in NFL history for an offensive Lineman. He knows that we have to sign and can't just let him go or even trade him. We're already invested to much. He has all of the leverage.

If you can't understand that, then simply bow out of this and I'll enjoy watching your misery the next few years when you're kicking and screaming over the salary cap and the lack of assets to make any good trades or adding youth to the team.

If you think "What if" scenarios regarding injury aren't things that teams have to consider when managing a salary cap or future player acquisitions then you simply don't understand the business side of things. The key is to get the best talented players on the best deals possible. Not to go out there and sign all your best players on Max contracts. Buy hey, listen to OB who you've bitched about the last few years. His history knows best.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

We just brought in a player under no extension who knows we gave up what is probably the biggest trade package in NFL history for an offensive Lineman. He knows that we have to sign and can't just let him go or even trade him. We're already invested to much. He has all of the leverage.

If you can't understand that, then simply bow out of this and I'll enjoy watching your misery the next few years when you're kicking and screaming over the salary cap and the lack of assets to make any good trades or adding youth to the team.

If you think "What if" scenarios regarding injury aren't things that teams have to consider when managing a salary cap or future player acquisitions then you simply don't understand the business side of things. The key is to get the best talented players on the best deals possible. Not to go out there and sign all your best players on Max contracts. Buy hey, listen to OB who you've bitched about the last few years. His history knows best.
The kid has agent. You know he is advising him on all this and wants his payday too

powda

We'll thanks for calling me stupid but everyone traded has a new contract looming. So why stop at tunsil while your down this rabbit hole?

I'm not sure any team could function if they accepted your blanket opinion. Why ever sign trade draft any player if there's a chance they hold out?

Who's obtuse here?

I bet you go to bed with a light on.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Does Cal have internet or a smart phone?

I haven't seen any reputable source say these moves have been good. Even the usually 610 people can't hide the negativity.

Is he going off the grid?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
We'll thanks for calling me stupid but everyone traded has a new contract looming. So why stop at tunsil while your down this rabbit hole?

I'm not sure any team could function if they accepted your blanket opinion. Why ever sign trade draft any player if there's a chance they hold out?

Who's obtuse here?

I bet you go to bed with a light on.
Because no one ever over pays like that for an unsigned player. The minute you do, that player and his agent understand the PR hit that the franchise will take if they don't meet their demands. Tunsil could have gotten a huge contract in two years from a ton of teams including the Texans. Now, he can get one whenever he wants based on a holdout process that the Texans have to cooperate with. Most other teams trade for a player like that giving away way less value knowing that the player could walk and are willing to let that player walk or they'll trade him later. (See New England and what they did with Brandin Cooks) When you offer all of that, you aren't going to trade that player and take way less in compensation. The Texans gave up way to much for an unsigned player, and they'll literally have to way over pay for him even if he isn't playing at an elite level which he might not.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I would rather pay Tunsil than Clowney. We were going to have to break the bank either way.

Some of you arm chair GMs speculating the contract amounts is funny. If we are going to have to pay either Clowney or one of the top LTs in the league I would go with the LT all day.

Sonny

TexSon Proud

You enjoy posturing that your opinion is the only one worth a grain and somehow your insights are infallible but I have to tell you, sir... Opinions, even yours, don't necessarily make them fact. A lot of your arguments deal with what ifs and what could be scenarios of which no one knows, as the rest of us, maybe not you, can't see the future.
I find it particularly amusing that you know exactly how the Texans front office will act or react to certain situations, contracts and PR issues as if you are part of the front office AND YET you wouldn't have done this deal nor did you foresee that they were going to do it. That has to be particularly infuriating for a know-it-all.
I'm not saying I disagree with everything you say but your arrogance is drowning out your good points which of course, make your poorer points even more prevalent, so, there's a couple issues for you to work on moving forward with your future debates on this site.

Also.. I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on you telling me not to quote you because... Who do You think You are?
I read into exactly what you were putting down when referring to Tunsil so don't try to play it off later is it that's not what you meant and even if it wasn't what you meant you should try to be a little bit clearer. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that read your stuff read it just like I do. That said, I believe great players should be paid greatly but if he doesn't earn it, he's not going to get it, and I don't care what PR nightmare will be waiting for the Texans. They will chalk-up a loss or poor decision just like any other one they've made.. and they should be getting used to owning up to them by now.
You thinking he'll get whatever he wants no matter what is ridiculous. I honestly don't believe you even believe that one.. and if you do, I'm done humoring you on the topic.

powda

Because no one ever over pays like that for an unsigned player. The minute you do, that player and his agent understand the PR hit that the franchise will take if they don't meet their demands. Tunsil could have gotten a huge contract in two years from a ton of teams including the Texans. Now, he can get one whenever he wants based on a holdout process that the Texans have to cooperate with. Most other teams trade for a player like that giving away way less value knowing that the player could walk and are willing to let that player walk or they'll trade him later. (See New England and what they did with Brandin Cooks) When you offer all of that, you aren't going to trade that player and take way less in compensation. The Texans gave up way to much for an unsigned player, and they'll literally have to way over pay for him even if he isn't playing at an elite level which he might not.
Did you see a post from me saying I liked what we gave up in the trade? Please enlighten me. I pretty much melted down here about our trades more then most. I'm fully aware he has 2 years left on his contract. I'm also aware any player at any time can decide to hold out if he so chooses.

Your post offered little other then calling me stupid.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I would rather pay Tunsil than Clowney. We were going to have to break the bank either way.

Some of you arm chair GMs speculating the contract amounts is funny. If we are going to have to pay either Clowney or one of the top LTs in the league I would go with the LT all day.
Don't worry. We are paying clowney next year.