Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How Much Blame Should George Godsey, And Bill O'Brian Get For Texans Offensive Troubles?

Heard on the radio that the Texans have the most pass attempts, but the lowest completion percentage.

Forcing an inexperienced QB to throw 58 times in a game is on the coaching staff. I'm starting to lose confidence that they know what the heck they are doing at Kirby.

Heard on the radio that the Texans have the most pass attempts, but the lowest completion percentage.

Forcing an inexperienced QB to throw 58 times in a game is on the coaching staff. I'm starting to lose confidence that they know what the heck they are doing at Kirby.
We are very close to becoming Cleveland South.

:(

I've come to the conclusion that someone in the play calling/management department thinks way too highly of themselves. We saw it last year as well when the QB swaps started happening - most notably with Keenum. We came out throwing and didn't stop, just like we're doing now. Someone has the thought 'It's a passing league so if we're struggling I can simply out scheme the defense with my routes and designs.' Traditional thought would be to slow it down and put LESS emphasis on a new quarterback, trying to be more efficient, but whichever coach is in charge has the idea that their spread is just too awesome for the defense.

Back