Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How many games do you want to win in 2022?

Texansballer74

The Marine
I think Culley got all out of that team the he possibly could have with the talent they had and a rookie QB.

I think Lovie should do much because the schedule is easier, the team should be able to add 3 premium pieces in the draft if depending on if you believe Tex or not either Caserio or Lovie does their jobs. Also I think the team will be improved due to Mils development. I also expect guys like Collins/Jordan/López etc ... to show improvement.
HOME
Jaguars
Colts
Titans
Browns
Chargers
Chiefs
Eagles
Washington

ROAD
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Dallas
New York Giants
Denver
Las Vegas
Miami
Chicago

Nothing easier about this schedule. But I do believe these boys will go to war for Lovie.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
HOME
Jaguars
Colts
Titans
Browns
Chargers
Chiefs
Eagles
Washington

ROAD
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Dallas
New York Giants
Denver
Las Vegas
Miami
Chicago

Nothing easier about this schedule. But I do believe these boys will go to war for Lovie.
I've got them splitting with the Titans sweeping the Jags. Beating the Bears/Miami/NYG and picking up one unexpected win. So they probably will win 6-7 games.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
HOME
Jaguars
Colts
Titans
Browns
Chargers
Chiefs
Eagles
Washington

ROAD
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Dallas
New York Giants
Denver
Las Vegas
Miami
Chicago

Like they went to war for Culley?

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I want them to win every game. I expect them to play like a very young, inexperienced team. My realistic expectation for this team, at least as far as their record is concerned, is double their win total from 2021.
As they get more playing time together they will obviously get better.
I expect to see them looking better by seasons end and being competitive.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The fat lady hasn't even cleared her throat yet.
Plenty of opportunities to add fresh blood before all is said and done.
Don't disagree with that. The roster in March is not what it will look like in September. Just commenting on what's been done so far. Re-signing a bunch of players from a bad defense doesn't seem to point to success. Maybe it's just me.

So no answer to the questions then. OK bud.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Don't disagree with that. The roster in March is not what it will look like in September. Just commenting on what's been done so far. Re-signing a bunch of players from a bad defense doesn't seem to point to success. Maybe it's just me.
I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that not all the guys currently on the roster as defenders are bad. KGH was just re-signed - a good move for a good player right there.

Texansballer74

The Marine

So no answer to the questions then. OK bud.
Yeah you right I don’t have an answer. What I do know is Lovie has been a HC before in the NFL. And he has experienced as a HC , a level of success. Like I told you before he had the defense playing hard. I already know how you’re going to respond to that. That’s why I said ok.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that not all the guys currently on the roster as defenders are bad. KGH was just re-signed - a good move for a good player right there.
Yep, finding guys like KGH/Collins/Thomas was huge last yr. Hopefully JMR will be a find too. Draft Davis and a guy like Sam Williams and the front 7 will be really solid. Gotta find a couple of CB's in the draft and in this draft I think those can be found in the 3rd/4th rd range. However I'm terrible at evaluating CB's.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Yep, finding guys like KGH/Collins/Thomas was huge last yr. Hopefully JMR will be a find too. Draft Davis and a guy like Sam Williams and the front 7 will be really solid. Gotta find a couple of CB's in the draft and in this draft I think those can be found in the 3rd/4th rd range. However I'm terrible at evaluating CB's.
Yeah the CBs are difficult unless they are a Jalen Ramsey prospect.
It is one of the reasons I have been high on Stingley from the get go - I think he is a can't miss guy. Same for Hamilton.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yeah the CBs are difficult unless they are a Jalen Ramsey prospect.
It is one of the reasons I have been high on Stingley from the get go - I think he is a can't miss guy. Same for Hamilton.
I had Stingley ranked as my #2 player originally. But CnD told me about the chance of him playing at a high level for a long time and I backed off.

I would pick Stingley late in the 1st now and hope to get 5 yrs out of him.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I had Stingley ranked as my #2 player originally. But CnD told me about the chance of him playing at a high level for a long time and I backed off.

I would pick Stingley late in the 1st now and hope to get 5 yrs out of him.
I know it is worth sitting QBs for a year, but I also think Stingley is worth sitting out until he is good to go - he could be the next Peanut Tillman.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
If you pick Stingley be prepared for him to have a great but short career playing at a high level. This doesn't mean he won't hang on for a few more years at a lower level.
If he can play at a high level for 4-5 years, that will give us plenty of time to find a replacement.
If we trade back to 6, 7, 8 or 9 and he's there, he would be hard to pass up.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
As many games as we can, while still focusing on whatever plan we have laid out. Winning is always the priority, but during a rebuild, you win less. I would love to see a 2-3 game improvement over last season, at minimum.

More importantly, I want to see player improvement and system improvement. I want to feel confident we are building a great foundation of players and coaches.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If you pick Stingley be prepared for him to have a great but short career playing at a high level. This doesn't mean he won't hang on for a few more years at a lower level.
Be cool if we can get him, let him make a name for himself, then trade him after year 3 or 4 for a 1st

Hervoyel

BUENO!
If you were the GM of the Houston Texans, just freed up some cap space, an extra 1st round pick…

Do you want to compete for the division? A wildcard? Or are you more focused on the process?

Do you stand where you are in the draft? Try to trade up from 13, try to trade back into the 1st, get three of the top 30 to improve your chances of winning now?

Or do you trade down, both 1sts if you can. Out of the first all together? Acquire more picks in this & future drafts. More quality players to build your core?

Do you cut more players, increase your spending power, bring in top/second tier FAs, win now mode?

Or do you continue to find competent placeholders, roll a substantial sum into 2023?

What are your goals for 2022?

All of them. Therein lies the nature of my problem.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
All of them. Therein lies the nature of my problem.
So what do you do?

trade up into the early rounds as much as you can? Even using some of next year’s picks?

are you going to exhaust all the cap space you have & target high end FAs? Even restructure more contracts to free up more money for this season?

Hervoyel

BUENO!
So what do you do?

trade up into the early rounds as much as you can? Even using some of next year’s picks?

are you going to exhaust all the cap space you have & target high end FAs? Even restructure more contracts to free up more money for this season?
Right.
This is a rebuild team, not a win now one.
I know all of that. That’s why I described it as a problem. I am not a rational fan. I’m not a knowledgable fan. My expectations (more like ”desires” really) are not in line with reality. That’s why I stepped away for so long. I want them to win them all and that’s admittedly not possible so I follow them from a distance.

But the question was asked so I answered.

Realistically I think 5-7 games is possible. It’s how they play all year long that matters more in the long run. 2-3 year rebuild tops and if you see a coaching staff and team make it to year three they are what you see. No excuses.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Obviously, "ALL THE GAMES" is the only correct answer for "want" regarding Texans fans.

Realistically, however, I'd be glad if they could go 4-2 in the division and whip the crap out of the Browns and Cowboys. It's not an easy schedule, so maybe grab a couple more wins here or there and finish with 6-8 wins would feel like progress, especially if they are competitive in all their games and Mills shows that he can be the man.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I’m thinkin they win about 6.
Hoping the Browns lose 12 or 13. Two picks in the top 10 next year. Winning!
It won't take much to turn this around.
I'm still going around 8-9.
There's going to be a big infusion of keen, young players from the draft so I'm thinking they will improve as the season progresses and win more as they go along.
Just a solid run game alone should improve us significantly and there should be a new mindset of excitement and hope going in with coach Lovie Smith.
Edit - last season, David C probably didn't inspire much hope!

Last edited:

mancunian

Old Timer
It won't take much to turn this around.
I'm still going around 8-9.
There's going to be a big infusion of keen, young players from the draft so I'm thinking they will improve as the season progresses and win more as they go along.
Just a solid run game alone should improve us significantly and there should be a new mindset of excitement and hope going in with coach Lovie Smith.
Edit - last season, David C probably didn't inspire much hope!
when he was the Bears HC he was a run first guy, he's used the phrase "we get off the bus running the football.

mws

Rookie
Don't like to see the teams I follow lose. I'd want to see them win all of them. I know that's not going to happen. At least being competitive in the games they do lose (one score, still in it in the 4th).
This is what I want to see. A competitive team. I'm tired of feeling like a well trained troop of girl scouts could beat the Texans.