Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

How many games do you want to win in 2022?

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Right.
This is a rebuild team, not a win now one.
In the NFL there's not a huge gap between the two.. You can go from last to first real fast. I expect us to still be alive for a playoff spot the last month of the season, but I'm also very high on Mills and think we got a absolute steal with that pick, so we'll see.

There's something about the kid.. He is a outlier 3rd round QB.. talent/ability wise. This next season is completely unpredictable.. hit on our picks, We could be challenging for the division.

Texansphan

Hall of Fame
In the NFL there's not a huge gap between the two.. You can go from last to first real fast. I expect us to still be alive for a playoff spot the last month of the season, but I'm also very high on Mills and think we got a absolute steal with that pick, so we'll see.

There's something about the kid.. He is a outlier 3rd round QB.. talent/ability wise. This next season is completely unpredictable.. hit on our picks, We could be challenging for the division.
I'm with you on the surprise run towards the playoffs, but I tend to think it will build towards the end of the regular season - the team gradually gets better and better as they start to gel and really get familiar with each other and the coaches schemes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm with you on the surprise run towards the playoffs, but I tend to think it will build towards the end of the regular season - the team gradually gets better and better as they start to gel and really get familiar with each other and the coaches schemes.
Expect 6-7 wins if the draft goes well.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I expect us to still be alive for a playoff spot the last month of the season,
I thought this last season when Tennessee & Indy stumbled out of the gate.

I don't think that's going to happen this season. Those are solid 10 win teams.

If Houston is an 8 win team, I think a Wildcard would be out of reach in December.

How many wins do you think it will take for a Wildcard?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I don't know where y'all think all of these wins are coming from. As of this moment, they haven't done much of anything to improve the team, adding the same type of low end FAs as they did last year. Still need everything, CBs, pass rush, run game, WRs. Even after the haul they get in the draft, that's still a lot of rookies that have to hit.

michaelm

vox nihili
I'm thinking 7 is the floor.
Texans have plenty going for them - especially if Mills' progression continues and we have success with several draftees.
Things have to be more upbeat down on Kirby now.
I feel like they are a 6-7 win team.
If Mills develops well.
If the draft goes well.

I just can't get on board with a 7 win floor. Until proven otherwise the floor is 4 wins to me.
7 wins is more likely the ceiling than the floor imo

GanadoUHCoog

Waterboy
Either we need to be around .500 or close to it with Mills showing he is our long term solution or we need to win about 4-5 games and get another top 5 pick so we can call our shot in 2023 draft for QB having 2 2023 1st round picks (one top 5) and 2 2024 1st round picks to play with. A ho hum 6-7 win season is what I fear though.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Either we need to be around .500 or close to it with Mills showing he is our long term solution or we need to win about 4-5 games and get another top 5 pick so we can call our shot in 2023 draft for QB having 2 2023 1st round picks (one top 5) and 2 2024 1st round picks to play with. A ho hum 6-7 win season is what I fear though.
If they hire on the draft they will win 6-7 games

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
I would rather see consistency in improvement in all games, win or lose rather than inconsistent up and down wins to losses if you get what I mean. 6-11 to 7-10 with consistency would show us a lot towards the level of improvements that have been made, not only in player improvements but in overall leadership and organization as well. But if by some fluke we squeak an 9-8 to a 10-7, well I may just crap myelf a green turkey for sure! texanpride

Last edited: