Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How many games do you want to win in 2022?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If you were the GM of the Houston Texans, just freed up some cap space, an extra 1st round pick…

Do you want to compete for the division? A wildcard? Or are you more focused on the process?

Do you stand where you are in the draft? Try to trade up from 13, try to trade back into the 1st, get three of the top 30 to improve your chances of winning now?

Or do you trade down, both 1sts if you can. Out of the first all together? Acquire more picks in this & future drafts. More quality players to build your core?

Do you cut more players, increase your spending power, bring in top/second tier FAs, win now mode?

Or do you continue to find competent placeholders, roll a substantial sum into 2023?

What are your goals for 2022?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Goal this season is winning the AFC South. It is probably the weakest division in the league and Texans went 3-3 in the division last season.

Figure out how to stop the Colts/Titans running game and learn to run the ball themselves will secure another AFC South title banner!

Fortify the trenches. Run the ball and stop the run and the South will be ours!

michaelm

vox nihili
We've got 3 picks in the top 37.
I'd be inclined to see if a team like Philly would be interested in the #3 for #16 & 19 if they're looking for a QB.

Or maybe swap 3 for Washingtons 11 & 47 and whatever compensation to make that trade even.

Four picks in the top 37 or 47 in those scenarios sounds good to me.

As far as winning. I say try to be competitive but aim for 2023.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We've got 3 picks in the top 37.
I'd be inclined to see if a team like Philly would be interested in the #3 for #16 & 19 if they're looking for a QB.

Or maybe swap 3 for Washingtons 11 & 47 and whatever compensation to make that trade even.

Four picks in the top 37 or 47 in those scenarios sounds good to me.

As far as winning. I say try to be competitive but aim for 2023.
I like the trade down scenarios. I guess we could look at that as a “win now” thing or a build for the future thing.

Number19

Hall of Fame
If you were the GM of the Houston Texans, just freed up some cap space, an extra 1st round pick…

Do you want to compete for the division? A wildcard? Or are you more focused on the process?
Win 9 games and just miss out on a wild card. I'd like to be picking in the 2023 draft around #16.

Do you stand where you are in the draft? Try to trade up from 13, try to trade back into the 1st, get three of the top 30 to improve your chances of winning now?

Or do you trade down, both 1sts if you can. Out of the first all together? Acquire more picks in this & future drafts. More quality players to build your core?
Trade down. With the #3 pick. You get more value. Depending on how the final boards stand, maybe trade #13 down a few picks. I still want to get Kenyon Green and I expect him to fall some but not out of the 1st round.

Do you cut more players, increase your spending power, bring in top/second tier FAs, win now mode?

Or do you continue to find competent placeholders, roll a substantial sum into 2023?
I'd like to get an extra one or two 2nd rounders in the 2023 draft, and also find maybe two, or three, FA's to contribute significantly this year and on into 2023 and 2024.

To win 9 or 10 games. This will mean Mills will have a good season and show he is our QB going forward.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I rolled into last season knowing it was a throw away year. I think most of us did. It's over now. Time to start winning.

No submission. No excuses. No mercy.

I want a sb. I want an undefeated season. I want every player on this years roster to make the Hall of Fame.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be mad about one last losing season, then we can go ahead and start winning. I want more early picks and for Nick to stockpile picks by trading some 1sts for multiple 2nds and 3rd round picks!
With the Texans having control of the Browns’ first round pick the next 3 seasons we can safely root for them to lose while the Texans “settle” for picking 32 :)

Mangler

Toro de España
I rolled into last season knowing it was a throw away year. I think most of us did. It's over now. Time to start winning.

No submission. No excuses. No mercy.

I want a sb. I want an undefeated season. I want every player on this years roster to make the Hall of Fame.
Yeah, winning in 2022 is NOT going to happen. Nick had ZERO 1st or 2nd round picks in his first ever draft as a GM, and walked right into a disaster of a franchise thanks to the last wannabe HC/GM. Now, don’t get me wrong…I’d love to see us win this year, but we will more than likely have to wait until 2023 before we see any real winning, assuming Caserio signs the right FA and drafts well.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Yeah, winning in 2022 is NOT going to happen. Nick had ZERO 1st or 2nd round picks in his first ever draft as a GM, and walked right into a disaster of a franchise thanks to the last wannabe HC/GM. We will have to wait until 2023 before we see any real winning, assuming Caserio signs the right FA and drafts well.

Oh I get it. Still a sh*t show though less after the trade. Still not conceding a single game on purpose.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
We won four games last season. Mills and a lot of his support are coming back for a second year together. We have two good picks in the first round, one of them better be a hit. I see no reason whatsoever that the Texans can't add another three or four wins to that four last year and win eight games this year. Maybe nine.

If they can't do that, then there's something wrong. (As usual. LOL)

Dejaview

All Pro

Well ****. Let’s just concentrate on winning. Or let’s just beat this **** post to death for the next six months.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
As many as it takes to win the very last one.
The ultimate goal is to win a championship - I wait impatiently for that to happen and hope Caserio is the guy to do that.
While some of the things he has done have an asterisk, he has done a decent job - this draft and the rest of the off-season will give us a better idea of what we have in our GM.
I hope he does a bang up job and leads us to the promised land.
This draft gives him about as much ability as you could want (more cap room would have been nice) to make some real noise for this franchise, so I wait with baited breath for this draft - it has the potential to really boost this team if he hits some home runs.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
We won four games last season. Mills and a lot of his support are coming back for a second year together. We have two good picks in the first round, one of them better be a hit. I see no reason whatsoever that the Texans can't add another three or four wins to that four last year and win eight games this year. Maybe nine.

If they can't do that, then there's something wrong. (As usual. LOL)
Oddly enough, we won 3 out of 6 in this division last season - if we can push that to four or five, we can win this division.
Sure, we may not have the gunpowder to mix it with the big dogs yet, but it would give us hope for a brighter future - we have the ability now with multiple firsts in place for the next three drafts to find some franchise type players to push us up to the next level.
Here's hoping.

LikeMike

Veteran
The most important thing right now is, to figure out our ab situation. Is Mills the answer? Do we need to target one in next years draft?

other than that it is about building our team - so we need lots of draft picks. I don’t care about winning j til we know, that we have a good qb.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
The most important thing right now is, to figure out our ab situation. Is Mills the answer? Do we need to target one in next years draft?

other than that it is about building our team - so we need lots of draft picks. I don’t care about winning j til we know, that we have a good qb.
See my mock - I have taken one for you!😅

Texansballer74

The Marine
All of them lol .

The goal should always be to compete and win your division.

I would stand pat at thirteen. That 3 pick could net you two or three additional picks. I would trade back that pick hopefully get another 1st and 2nd pick this year and possibly a 4th in 2023.

Stick with the plan of always bringing in competition at ever position if possible.

HouTx11

Rookie
I want for the Texans to win every game, but to be honest, I would be ok if they went 2-15 in 2023, so long as the Texans destroy the Colts both times they play them.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Biggest question - Is Mills a franchise QB? (captain obvious)

If not expect another low win total.
This team isn't ready to win more than 6-7 games at the most. I will be happy if Caserio can fix the OL/DL this offseason and maybe add 1 playmaker on offense. There's going to be some reaaly good RB's late in this draft. Teague/Ingram/Brooks/Strong.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
This team isn't ready to win more than 6-7 games at the most. I will be happy if Caserio can fix the OL/DL this offseason and maybe add 1 playmaker on offense. There's going to be some reaaly good RB's late in this draft. Teague/Ingram/Brooks/Strong.
Do Texans take a chance that one or more of these four go undrafted, and take one there?
There is that chance I believe - we see RBs falling out every year.

Jayded

Practice Squad
Just one - vs. Cleveland. Other than that, we are too many pieces away from truly competing and next year will likely have two stud QBs. I would like to think Mills can be that, but I fear he'll be that tweener QB like Cousins that never is the reason his team gets over the hump. Because of that, I'm hoping we're picking high and have a good shot at Stroud or Young next year.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I'm thinking the Browns game might be his first game after suspension. Just because it seems like a bad Hollywood plot so... perfect for the NFL.

If he faces a suspension say.. 6 games... we will probably face the Browns on game 7.

That game I want a win and the standard beat the Titans drum I will forever beat.

17-0 is always preferable.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
They weren’t built to win 4 games last season but they did.

phantom17

Rookie
IDK! Maybe 6-8 games. I always worry when this FO doing trades, we never seem to outdo any other GM. We shall see! Hopefully, they will lock out or drug Jack Esterbunny during the Draft! lol ( fingers crossed).

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You don’t think Lovie will do a better job?
I think Culley got all out of that team the he possibly could have with the talent they had and a rookie QB.

I think Lovie should do much because the schedule is easier, the team should be able to add 3 premium pieces in the draft if depending on if you believe Tex or not either Caserio or Lovie does their jobs. Also I think the team will be improved due to Mils development. I also expect guys like Collins/Jordan/López etc ... to show improvement.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
We had like 6 or 8 games against rookie QBs & only won two of them (same rookie QB).

if we can’t run the ball or begin to dictate on defense, this is a 4 win team. Meaning we’ll win between 2-6 games
Run the ball and stop the run. Should be the theme of the upcoming draft.

This team was among the worst at both and play in a division with two of the best running backs the league has to offer.