Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans vs. Nawlins Aints Gameday Thread

This is what you get when you can't convert red zone opportunities into seven points.

FUQNG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need someone to remind that hey, we played close on the road so allo is well blah blah blah.

Why the F was KJ left on the field to get burnt the F up???

It's funny how 3rd down for our D is all too often really just a 1st down waiting to be had for opposing offenses.

Before I get flamed...I am NOT saying the season is over and I know our D is still growing, I know the Saints are good and we were on the road blah blah blah.

Truth is we had this game and could have dominated and melted the F down....

Sound familiar?

Thank GOD I have my daughter and wasn't drinking today...may have been the end of my TV.

8cWps.gif

Wow, I made that.

It's one game against a great team but still think the Texans come back next week to win against the Steelers!

TIme to work on red-zone plays in practice

You can't blame people for being mad. It's an emotional time for people who are very in to this team. So how bout you please shut up sir.

I am just as much into the team as anyone, genius. And I am able to be realistic and put fault where it truly lies. Blaming the refs is lame.

I don't know about you guys, but the announcers told me that Sproles is the best thing since sliced bread!

On a more serious note, the Texans played one heck of a game today. Once Foster comes back, and Kubiak has some more faith in the running game in the red zone. Then we can cash in on more touchdowns.

Like I said before though earlier this week. The Texans came in and competed with probably one of the best teams in the league.

A field goal shuts TK up today.
I'm TIRED of "Moral Victories" EVERY TIME the Texans
play contending teams.

Wish I could rep you twice in a row man (just repped)....right on man.

I'm sure I'll be called a "radio caller" or some bullshit for not just being happy with "playing close".

Fact is the score should have been way higher in our favor IMO. 3 RZ trips INSIDE the 10 = 3 FG's.....maximum FAIL

A field goal shuts TK up today.
I'm TIRED of "Moral Victories" EVERY TIME the Texans
play contending teams.

Helll no

I'll take a moral victory today.

We weren't even supposed to be in this game... & we owned for 3 Qtrs.... I'd rather build on that, than throw it out the window like it never happened.

Only an ***** would have expected us to win this game. A smart man would have given us a chance, & we had a chance.

We could cry over last weeks game (which this is now), or we can get ready for next week by building on what we have here & there is a lot for us to build on.

Hats off to the Saints. We all know that field goals cost us this game. The Saints offense is awesome as is ours. I hate we lost but damn what a game. I think we are gonna have a heck of a season. We went toe to toe with one of the best today and I think we gained respect today instead of losing it.

Same ole Texans........with the same ole coach. Extremely predictable play calling. Lost count on how many red zones that we came away with three. A game we coulda, shoulda, woulda, but there's always next year, or the year after.:koolaid:

Kubiak gets outcoached again. Red zone creativity sucks. Foster would probably have helped in red zone.
Kubiak conservative when 9 points up. Gotta go all out all the time on offense.
KJ not an NFL player. Who was the other guy that never looked for the ball.
99 is a player. Smith looked good. The rest of pass rush .....
Schaub NOT elite.
Texans still should be favorites for division. Time for improvement.

At least the Bills beating the Patriots will take over ESPN and we wont have to "Same ol' Texans" from "Analyst" all week.

This is frustrating. The loss makes it look like the same old Texans. I just hope they're not. I hope we can respond after a tough loss like this one next week against the Steelers.

Helll no

We weren't even supposed to be in this game... & we owned for 3 Qtrs.... I'd rather build on that, than throw it out the window like it never happened.

Only an ***** would have expected us to win this game. A smart man would have given us a chance, & we had a chance.

We could cry over last weeks game (which this is now), or we can get ready for next week by building on what we have here & there is a lot for us to build on.

Consider me an ***** then. I fully expected us to win this game.

Oh please. This wasn't coaching. This was Drew Brees throwing to whoever Kareem Jackson was covering in the 4th.

No it wasnt. Yes, KJ contributed, but it is still a coaching deal. Why? Because you have to know how to protect your weaker players/positions. So either dont have KJ out there, or put him in a position to succeed. Both coaching options, and I prefer the first.

But the most grievous coaching mistake is in regards to the RZ offense. For real? 4 in a row, 4 field goals. That is sixteen (16) points left on the board. Convert on just half of them, and that is a Texans win.

Also, why did he abandon the running game? 10 rushes the entire second half (if I counted right). 10. Cant expect to win with poor clock management, which has been a Kubiak failing for years.

If were gonna lose a game it might as well be against an NFC team and Drew Brees. Hopefully the team can bounce back next week and go 3-1.

Now we get to see if the Saints fans were right.

They said if the Texans' lose, we'll have a bunch of "fans" falling off the wagon.

Kubiak gets outcoached again. Red zone creativity sucks. Foster would probably have helped in red zone.
Kubiak conservative when 9 points up. Gotta go all out all the time on offense.
KJ not an NFL player. Who was the other guy that never looked for the ball.
99 is a player. Smith looked good. The rest of pass rush .....
Schaub NOT elite.
Texans still should be favorites for division. Time for improvement.

Short of seeing less bootlegs, I kept expecting runs in the fourth (when we were ahead) but we kept throwing it. We actually did things differently this time around.

I would take the Bills Harvard QB over Schaub.

I would take the duck from afflac over Kubiak

Its painfully obvious, but Ill say it anyway, FGs lost us this game, not Schaub, the man gets you down the field he ISN'T the problem.

Saints fans should shut the hell up if they're talking about bandwagons.

Yep. I wonder how the game would have gone with Arian entering this 3rd game in rhythm after playing the first 2 games with no hamstring issues.

You can't beat a good team by kicking field goals over and over.

Now we get to see if the Saints fans were right.

They said if the Texans' lose, we'll have a bunch of "fans" falling off the wagon.
You talking about the won three Super Bowls wagon?
Maybe the always make the play off's wagon?
What wagon are you talking about?
The mediocre never been to the play off's wagon, yeah that's the ticket.:sarcasm:

Well that one hurt, just as I suspected it would. Going in to this game we all understood that we were going into one of the toughest places to play against an elite NFL team. Nobody expected the Texans to win this game. We played tough and had a chance to win the game in the end which is just what we should've been hoping for. It would've been amazing to win this one but let's not go all doom and gloom on a team that is 2-1 and lost a close one to one of the NFL's best. We have another elite team coming to Kirby Drive next weekend and I'm confident we'll take care of business at home.

Schaub 22-39 373yds 3td 1int isnt all his fault

No it wasn't all his fault but I lost respect for him. When Brees was rushed he made extra time and made a play. When Schaub was rushed, he panicked, got shaky knees and didn't make a play. Ball game.

If I was to 2nd guess our coaching staff, I thought the 2 possesions we had inside of 10 minutes left in the game, we should have attempted to pound the ball instead of putting the game in shaky knee's hand. 3 and out and an INT. I thought we should have attempted to take some time off the clock. It was an entertaining game if not a win against a very good team on the road. We can build on this and we missed Foster/Ward. Slaton just can't get you a yard.

Casey, Daniels and Andre had big games. The defense suffered when Mario couldn't go. You can see the lack of pressure from the entire D when he leaves the game also.

The only other thing I noticed was Sproles stealing both shoes from Nolan. Both time Nolan tried to take aim at him, Sproles just left him in the dust. Didn't even lay a hand on him.

Helll no

:vincepalm:

TK come on man.......

I didn't "expect" us to win this game....but when we clearly could have dominated and then the team collectively sharted their pants.....unacceptable dude.

Eerily similar to last year.

This team has had long enogh to grow up......D is still learning I know but in the end this is a FAIL. See Detroit....they seem to be learning how to win.

So what? Schaub's beaten the Patriots too.

Good lord this reactionary bullshit has got to stop.

Going to be a long week here. People will talk as if we are 0-3 and just lost to the Chiefs.

Watch. Mario sucks, Kareem is the worst CB in the NFL, Matt isn't a winner...gonna get a lot of that this week.

Yes the Bills beat the Pats, please ppl recognize that it is a DIVISIONAL game. **** happens in those games.

This loss falls squarely on Kubiak. His HORRENDOUS play calls when we had the ball 3 times at their goal line cost us the game. I didn't expect us to win, but man Kubiak needs a lobotomy or something. It's all on him this time for real! Getting that close and not coming away with touchdowns at least twice is inexcusable.

Season is not over, but this was a huge opportunity that the Texans had but another typical performance by them late in the game.

:vincepalm:

TK come on man.......

I didn't "expect" us to win this game....but when we clearly could have dominated and then the team collectively sharted their pants.....unacceptable dude.

Eerily similar to last year.

This team has had long enogh to grow up......D is still learning I know but in the end this is a FAIL. See Detroit....they seem to be learning how to win.

Lets see what happens when Detroit plays a contender like the Saints.

Going to be a long week here. People will talk as if we are 0-3 and just lost to the Chiefs.

Watch. Mario sucks, Kareem is the worst CB in the NFL, Matt isn't a winner...gonna get a lot of that this week.

Yes the Bills beat the Pats, please ppl recognize that it is a DIVISIONAL game. **** happens in those games.

Well Kareem is very bad. I'll give them that one.

Back