Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans vs. Nawlins Aints Gameday Thread

:vincepalm:

TK come on man.......

I didn't "expect" us to win this game....but when we clearly could have dominated and then the team collectively sharted their pants.....unacceptable dude.

Eerily similar to last year.

This team has had long enogh to grow up......D is still learning I know but in the end this is a FAIL. See Detroit....they seem to be learning how to win.

If we're talking about Miami, Titans, Jaguars...... maybe.

This was supposed to be a gauge of where we are.

I know we've still got coaching issues on both sides of the ball. But I think the team is good enough to get it done.

We're still only three games into this defense. I think the Texans spoiled us over the two previous games & some of us were just playing lip service to what this game really meant.

Nobody wins 16 games.

The big thing for us is how we follow this game up. If we loose next week, for any reason I'll be with DexmanC & turn in my Texans fan card.

But I know we can play with anybody. I know we've got 13 games to put together a winning season & a playoff run.

It's not like any of those teams we scored 20 points on in the 4th Qtr gave up & laid down for the rest of the season.

Lets see what happens when Detroit plays a contender like the Saints.

mmmk...

How about the Bills today? We would consider the Patriots contendors no? Bills beat them.

Lions were down by a lot today, on the road in a divisional game and won to go 3-0. Sorry, I give them credit for that.

mmmk...

How about the Bills today? We would consider the Patriots contendors no? Bills beat them.

Lions were down by a lot today, on the road in a divisional game and won to go 3-0. Sorry, I give them credit for that.

So what? We beat the Colts last year in a divisional game too. We DEMOLISHED them , actually. Where did that get us? What did we measure up to?

Who CARES about these other teams?

It was not a good game but still think they take this tough loss seriously, learn from it, forget about last week and come out against the Steelers to start correcting some of their "miscues" for a dominating performance/win next week. It's not the end of the world that they lost to the Saints.

I'm watching to see how they respond to the pressure next week

mmmk...

Bills and Patriots are in the same division. Anyone that has watched the NFL for over 5 years knows that these games are truly ANY given sunday. I'm not saying they are not impressive just that throughout the NFL these kinda games always happen within the division...also the Bills were at home.

Let's not forget that our D held Brees Saints to 10 points in the first half until he realized that he has a lot of weapons and that Kareem Jackson sucks.

So what? We beat the Colts last year in a divisional game too. We DEMOLISHED them , actually. Where did that get us? What did we measure up to?

Jags beat the Titans with McCown as the QB and it looks like the Titans are the better team. How many times have we beat the Jags when our team sucked? Division games are always the toughest.

Also I get tired of people comparing our team to another situation. Give the Bills props for what they did though, but them beating the Patriots does not make the Texans a lesser team.

Bills and Patriots are in the same division. Anyone that has watched the NFL for over 5 years knows that these games are truly ANY given sunday. I'm not saying they are not impressive just that throughout the NFL these kinda games always happen within the division...also the Bills were at home.

Hahaha...really hoping you are not implying I don't know football or some assinine stuff.....that would be hilarious.

Yeah I realize it was a divisional game, so what, this game made the Bills 3-0....not some upset where it now makes them 1-2. They nutted up, came from behind and did what they had to. /end

Jags beat the Titans with McCown as the QB and it looks like the Titans are the better team. How many times have we beat the Jags when our team sucked? Division games are always the toughest.

Also I get tired of people comparing our team to another situation. Give the Bills props for what they did though, but them beating the Patriots does not make the Texans a lesser team.

:vincepalm::vincepalm::vincepalm::vincepalm::vincepalm:

No one is saying the Texans are a lesser team........frustrated that the Texans can't finish what they start...which happens all too often.

It stinks how any criticism of this sacred team somehow magically means the person pointing out the problem is saying the Texans season is over, fire everyone and everyone sucks.....

That's not what I'm saying at least.

Quote from ESPN's Paul Kuharsky:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28478/rapid-reaction-saints-40-texans-33

What's that many of us said about Kubiak teams lacking the killer instinct, about Kubiak teams having trouble finishing what they start?

Whoa, you must be one of those dumbass over reaction fans that doesn't know football!!!!!

goobacks_480_poster.jpg

:sarcasm:

Kuharsky IS a moron then. Because this wasn't reverting to our old ways. If we were reverting to our old ways, the Saints would have beaten us like 54-13.

Hahaha...really hoping you are not implying I don't know football or some assinine stuff.....that would be hilarious.

Yeah I realize it was a divisional game, so what, this game made the Bills 3-0....not some upset where it now makes them 1-2. They nutted up, came from behind and did what they had to. /end

Why are the Bills even relevant to the Texans loss right now?

That's what I wanna know.

Kuharsky IS a moron then. Because this wasn't reverting to our old ways. If we were reverting to our old ways, the Saints would have beaten us like 54-13.

I think the point is that the script was familiar -- that the Texans can mostly control the first half, lose control of it in the second half and fail to execute in the second half like in the first -- not that this a no-talent expansion team.

There's no shame at all in losing a close one to one of the NFL's best teams on the road. This is a very talented team But *how* the Texans lost the game was just depressingly familiar, and it's a script that can't keep repeating if they are (as I believe they can be) to make strides toward becoming one of the NFL's elite teams.

Whoa, you must be one of those dumbass over reaction fans that doesn't know football!!!!!

Whoa, you must be one of those Dale Carnegie graduates. (where's that sarcasm icon?) Just the same, it was depressingly familiar, even if an "upgraded" version of "depressingly familiar" this year.

Why are the Bills even relevant to the Texans loss right now?

That's what I wanna know.

Because it shows that not every team needs all this time and excuses to start winning.

Also, while I stand behind the points I am making, I am not trying to attack you to be clear. I'm just frustrated right now.

Whoa, you must be one of those Dale Carnegie graduates. (where's that sarcasm icon?)

edit

haha....i posted before you edited in response to you then saw your edit about sarcasm....so....if you happened to see what i had up a sec ago...please disregard.

So I don't understand how the Texans are not winning. People need to chill out and let the season play out. They lost to a good team, it happens.

I think it's because of the *way* the team lost, one that points to coaching, and making people wonder if this team -- no matter *how* talented -- can stop letting games "get away" from them in the second half. No Gary Kubiak team has demonstrated that killer instinct.

If the Saints blew us out -- oh well, maybe we're not "ready for prime time."

If it were close but the Saints were mostly leading from beginning to end, you got beat by a great team on the road that was just a little bit better than you. No problem, no worries.

But this loss -- the style of the loss if nothing else (and even if the similarity to past Texans teams ends there) -- is like watching Groundhog Day. Give Kubiak and Belichick the same team and a 14-point halftime lead, and which team do you think is more likely to win? Which team is more likely to show the killer instinct and finish what they started, and which team is more likely to take the foot off the accelerator and then fail to recover when they start to lose control?

That's not a statement about the talent on the team -- not at all. And yes, you have to tip your cap (helmet) to the Saints. But the Texans need to follow up strong a first half with a strong second half if they are to be the team most of us think they can (and should) be.

I think it's because of the *way* the team lost, one that points to coaching, and making people wonder if this team -- no matter *how* talented -- can stop letting games "get away" from them in the second half. No Gary Kubiak team has demonstrated that killer instinct.

If the Saints blew us out -- oh well, maybe we're not "ready for prime time."

If it were close but the Saints were mostly leading from beginning to end, you got beat by a great team on the road that was just a little bit better than you. No problem, no worries.

But this loss -- the style of the loss if nothing else (and even if the similarity to past Texans teams ends there) -- is like watching Groundhog Day. Give Kubiak and Belichick the same team and a 14-point halftime lead, and which team do you think is more likely to win? Which team is more likely to show the killer instinct and finish what they started, and which team is more likely to take the foot off the accelerator and then fail to recover when they start to lose control?

That's not a statement about the talent on the team -- not at all. And yes, you have to tip your cap (helmet) to the Saints. But the Texans need to follow up strong a first half with a strong second half if they are to be the team most of us think they can (and should) be.

Actually Bellichek gave up a 21 point lead today and lost the game as well.

Exactly.

Teams that are 2-1...

Saints...Patriots...most likely the Chargers...Steelers.

So I don't understand how the Texans are not winning. People need to chill out and let the season play out. They lost to a good team, it happens.

Lol......no not exactly.

I can't keep talking logic that won't be absorbed at this point. You think what you need to to feel good about whatever you need to.

This is why that :vincepalm:

Lol......no not exactly.

I can't keep talking logic that won't be absorbed at this point. You think what you need to to feel good about whatever you need to.

This is why that :vincepalm:

Logic? Fact is the team is 2-1 not a bad record at all throughout the first three weeks considering who we beat and who we lost to.

Remember last year how we lost our first game against our first real 'test'?

It wasn't even close. We got blown out and embarrassed against the Cowboys. That's not even the point, the point is you are allowed to lose some games, especially against a great team that is a superbowl contender.

The teams we beat are still winless, so it means jack that we are 2-1. We are 0-1 against teams that have won games this season.

The teams we beat are still winless, so it means jack that we are 2-1. We are 0-1 against teams that have won games this season.

So?

The Steelers will have beat two winless teams also if they win tonight.

It's too early in the season to be saying the Texans can't beat good teams when they've only lost to one.

Funny how people just gloss over things like that.

It's one game of 16.

People don't give credit to the Texans for their 2-0 start because they played a Manning-less Colts and a suckbutt Miami, but want to turn right around and give the Lions all kinds of love for beating the Chiefs, Bucs and Vikes. Who have they played?

Some of you people just need to go back to your Madden football and just stay away from the real stuff.

So?

The Steelers will have beat two winless teams also if they win tonight.

It's too early in the season to be saying the Texans can't beat good teams when they've only lost to one.

The Steelers have a history of winning. The Texans have a history of looking when there is no pressure.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or, actually, 4, the amount of seasons we have been expecting the play-offs), shame on me. I need the Texans to prove that they are for real, against real teams. That means not only playing on the same field as real teams, but beating real teams.

mmmk...

Except it's a division game. It's like us beating the Colts, with Manning.

& they were at home.

The Steelers have a history of winning. The Texans have a history of looking when there is no pressure.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or, actually, 4, the amount of seasons we have been expecting the play-offs), shame on me. I need the Texans to prove that they are for real, against real teams. That means not only playing on the same field as real teams, but beating real teams.

You are right they do have to prove it. There are 13 more games left for them to do just that. Think it is way too early to say that they can't beat the good teams right now, that rings true for a lot of teams because they have yet to even play many good teams.

Because it shows that not every team needs all this time and excuses to start winning.

Also, while I stand behind the points I am making, I am not trying to attack you to be clear. I'm just frustrated right now.

So you think the Bills will go 16-0 this season?

They can lose to Cincy on the road next week, we could beat the Steelers at home, we'll both be 3-1 & leading our divisions.

So what does the Saints week 1 loss mean?

Funny how people just gloss over things like that.

It's one game of 16.

People don't give credit to the Texans for their 2-0 start because they played a Manning-less Colts and a suckbutt Miami, but want to turn right around and give the Lions all kinds of love for beating the Chiefs, Bucs and Vikes. Who have they played?

Some of you people just need to go back to your Madden football and just stay away from the real stuff.

You're right, it's only 1 game. It's not that we lost but how we lost.

On the Madden comment......

shake-weight-for-men.jpg

The whole "you don't know football...go play madden" stuff is the equivalent to a your momma comeback from 1st grade. It's ok if we disagree.

Last edited:

Almost like what the Texans did against the Redskins last season in week two right?

You're right, it's only 1 game. It's not that we lost but how we lost.

On the Madden comment......

shake-weight-for-men.jpg

The whole "you don't know football...go play madden" stuff is the equivalent to a your momma comeback from 1st grade. It's ok if we disagree.

I'm rubber, you're glue........ah forget it.

The funny thing is that whether this game means something going forward or means nothing going forward is impossible to know.

When we lost to the Cowboys a lot of people can now say "See, i told you that was the beginning of the end" but no one truly knows. The NFL is not easily predicted. We will need to wait until a few games down the line before we know whether this game is indicative of a trend or a single occurrence

Does anyone want to curse Sean Payton for taking three points off the board & taking a knee instead of running up the score?

Just a question

on our last 3rd down play when Schaub got tapped on the helmet and preceded to fall down for the sack he was on the ground for at least 2 secs and then another saints player ran over to him and fell on him ...... NOW ISNT THAT A FLAG ?????????

I vote we don't make fun of opposing teams in gameday thread titles.

Makes us look like idjits when we lose.

It's a man up Monday

Does anyone want to curse Sean Payton for taking three points off the board & taking a knee instead of running up the score?

Honestly, I've grown to the point where "Yes, please score on me."

If I can't stop you, that's on ME.

This isn't for charity. This isn't for fun. Play football, don't weenie out and claim you were being "classy" or trying to avoid a game-changing fumble/interception. If you're knocking on my door, bust the sum'buck wide open and make yourself at home.

Obviously, if you're at mid-field and you want to drain the clock...go ahead and run it out. If you're moving the ball, and you want to tack on another TD because you're at my 2 and you got 3 downs to get a TD, then by all means go ahead. If I can't stop you, I can't stop you. Such is life.

I'm tired of platitudes and shallow "respect."

The Saints, over time, wore us down and broke us. By all means, I would not have been mad if Payton decided to score a TD. Hell, if we had stopped them it might have put some gumption into our guys on defense for this coming week, instead of going out with a whimper.

Ryan, we're taking away your gameday-thread-starting license. :bat:

kthxbai

Hey, i was good with it last year when i started the first two:vincepalm:

Maybe i'll just ban myself from starting any gameday threads after week two, but the name calling thing was working for the first two weeks this year so i went with it :kitten:

Back